PDA

View Full Version : Dual Wield Combos

[MT]Slayer
March 29th, 2007, 09:07 PM
I just wanted to know if you had H2V, what would your Dual Wield Combo be? like, nearly everytime, the same combos, mine would probably be either twin plasma rifles or twin needlers.

The dual wieldable guns are:
SMG
Plasma Rifle
Brute Plasma Rifle
Needler
Magnum (thats the crappy H2 pistol)
Plasma Pistol

I think thats all of them, if i missed any, please tell me.

Or if u don't want to dual wield: state a possible favorite weapon...

Battle Rifle
Carbine
Brute Shot
Sniper Rifle
Beam Rifle
Needler
Rocket Launcher
Fuel Rod Gun
Brute Plasma Rifle
Frag Nade
Plasma Nade
Shotgun
Energy Sword
Magnum Pistol
Plasma Pistol
SMG
Plasma Rifle

(P. S. And if you can't refrain from saying crap to me, then STFU.)

4RT1LL3RY
March 29th, 2007, 09:16 PM
I though it was impossible to have a plasma pistol with anything but another plasma pistol because of how the Halo engine works.
I would want a Brute Plasma Rifle and a Needler. As long as the needler has the super combining explosion.

SnaFuBAR
March 29th, 2007, 09:46 PM
plasma pistol and magnum, cuz i rock that much.

JDMFSeanP
March 29th, 2007, 10:05 PM
PP magnum, PR SMG

Two best dual wielding combos.

Stealth
March 29th, 2007, 10:32 PM
Slayer;41922']I just wanted to know if you had H2V, what would your Dual Wield Combo be? like, nearly everytime, the same combos, mine would probably be either twin plasma rifles or twin needlers.

The dual wieldable guns are:
SMG*
Plasma Rifle*
Brute Plasma Rifle*
Needler*
Magnum (thats the crappy H2 pistol)
Plasma Pistol*

I think thats all of them, if i missed any, please tell me.

Or if u don't want to dual wield: state a possible favorite weapon...

Battle Rifle*
Carbine
Brute Shot
Sniper Rifle*
Beam Rifle
Needler
Rocket Launcher
Fuel Rod Gun
Brute Plasma Rifle
Frag Nade
Plasma Nade
Shotgun*
Energy Sword*
Magnum Pistol
Plasma Pistol
SMG
Plasma Rifle

(P. S. And if you can't refrain from saying crap to me, then STFU.)
any weapon with a(n) * by it, is what I would use, I'm abit picky on what weapon I would use for was map, gametype, and players.

m13120
March 29th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Coming from a person that claims to have never touched Halo 2 in his life?

[MT]Slayer
March 29th, 2007, 11:02 PM
actually, I've played Halo 2 XB at my Cousin's house last summer, all summer, all night long, nearly every week, Multiplayer, LAN, 3 people only.

I've dual wielded plasma rifles before, and they work pretty darn well, if i didn't want to dual wield, I would do a plasma rifle and a shotgun.

legionaire45
March 30th, 2007, 12:14 AM
Plasma Rifle/SMG is my personal fav combo, but I'm adaptable and can use pretty much most weapons effectively in a decent combo.

Stealth
March 30th, 2007, 02:05 AM
Coming from a person that claims to have never touched Halo 2 in his life?
I've watched alot of Videos, and I've read up on all of the Halo 2 Weapons, well most of them, and I picked the ones that I know will do some damage.

Slayer;41972']actually, I've played Halo 2 XB at my Cousin's house last summer, all summer, all night long, nearly every week, Multiplayer, LAN, 3 people only.
:p he was talking to me, but oh well.

Trinx
March 30th, 2007, 03:06 AM
Just simply the Sniper Rifle as a single weapon, if dual wielding, twin SMGs for close combat.

JDMFSeanP
March 30th, 2007, 06:26 PM
PR SMG will kill someone loads faster than SMG/SMG combo.

Elite Killa
March 30th, 2007, 06:31 PM
I keep it traditional for me.

SMG/SMG

Magnum/Magnum

I sometimes do PP/Magnum.

Hurrvish
March 30th, 2007, 07:12 PM
dual weps: PP + SMG, BPR + BPR, Magnum + Magnum

single weps: br (im a whore at that), sniper rifle, shotgun, smg, plasma grenade, carbine, plasma rifle, plasma pistol, needler, beam rifle

Xehsin
March 30th, 2007, 07:13 PM
PP+BR = n00b combo ownage :eek:

mine would have to be...

Sniper Rifle
Energy Sword
Battle Rifle
Shot Gun
Needler combo

but it all depends on the type of game n stuff.

I_Am_Error117
March 30th, 2007, 10:37 PM
hey show some love for the SMG I got a kill tac with 1 of those before.

BR Sniper. :)

p0lar_bear
March 30th, 2007, 10:58 PM
In close quarters, PR/SMG or 2xSMG does the trick.

If I'm closing in on someone, PP/SMG or PP/Magnum.

I have a love for the magnum though; I'm usually the guy who runs around with dual mags during SWAT gametypes, unless I'm coming up to a long hall or open area.

Mr Buckshot
March 31st, 2007, 12:11 AM
When I find the gun(s) of preference:

PR + SMG
PP + smg
PR or SMG + magnum (I'm not very good with headshotting on a thumbstick)
Dual needlers. They can be useful in the right situation or they can be worthless.

In multiplayer, tbh, dual wielding fails except on tightly enclosed maps (a PR-SMG combo can burn though shields and health in 2-3 seconds at close range). Grenades are usually much more useful.

AAA
March 31st, 2007, 06:01 PM
plasma pistol and magnum, cuz i rock that much.

Straight up. Me too

Syuusuke
March 31st, 2007, 07:07 PM
If I ever had Halo 2, my weapon would be my voice, use it at maximum effieciency, my opponents may be stunned for a few seconds, giving me a chance to hit them with whatever I got (preferably oddballs...even more preferred are DUAL ODDBALLS!!)

«TUI» HenTz
April 1st, 2007, 06:44 AM
If a small map , I'd aim for the sword , shotgun and dual smgs . If larger map ( coagulation etc. ) I'd try to get sniper and shotgun , so I can fight back at close and bigger range.

JDMFSeanP
April 3rd, 2007, 09:40 PM
I'd take snipe BR ona big map over a shotty, considering the sniper is a two hit kill from close range, or one sniper shot then a BR to the head for the kill. Br can also cover mid to close range a lot easier when u jsut want to get shots off

[MT]Slayer
April 11th, 2007, 03:40 PM
who the hell wants a sentinel beam?

personally if they would really want to put a sentinel beam into multiplayer, at least put the blue one, the beam is kind of a near the dark blue border but still in the middle shade blue. The melee is pretty good, it hurts like the rocket. SMACK!

bleach
April 12th, 2007, 08:06 PM
i would take some frag and plasma nades (stock up on the grenades), grab a BR or Carbine, and maybe a Shotgun, Energy Sword. If i would dual wield, i would choose dual needlers, dual needler smgs (thats kinda slow on reloading the smg though, but still a powerful combo), dual plasma rifles, dual plasma rifle and smg, smg and plasma pistol, pistol and plasma pistol, or just plasma pistol and BR. Those will get me some kills and medals fast.

Roi
April 13th, 2007, 12:10 AM
I like 2xMagnums and 2xSMGs. Though the pistol combination takes a lot of skill, I will have to master it.:lol: Then ingame you own someone and hes like omfwhatthefu.. But seriously I have played Halo 2 like 2 times in my whole life, tell me where you can dual wield Brute Plasmarifles? They are way too strong, especially when you aim in the head.

bleach
April 13th, 2007, 10:01 PM
what do u mean? I think you can go to quick options, and alter something from the starting weapon or either secondary weapon to have the brute plasma rifle, or I think there are brute plasma rifles in Coagulation. I think i like the original plasma rifle though, it looks better, a classic. The brute plasma rifle is strong, but i don't use it that much.

New001
April 14th, 2007, 01:11 AM
i master all weapons.

Roi
April 14th, 2007, 09:13 AM
what do u mean? I think you can go to quick options, and alter something from the starting weapon or either secondary weapon to have the brute plasma rifle, or I think there are brute plasma rifles in Coagulation. I think i like the original plasma rifle though, it looks better, a classic. The brute plasma rifle is strong, but i don't use it that much.

I mean is there a lot of situations where you can dual wield them in normal gametypes?

TheSaintlyAlphonse
April 15th, 2007, 11:59 AM
PP magnum, PR SMG

Two best dual wielding combos.
pretty much