PDA

View Full Version : Hang em High Reutrns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dootuz
March 30th, 2007, 11:11 AM
From Bungie them sevls!!!!!

"" The king of “Halo” maps has returned at last. Hang ’Em High, arguably the most popular multiplayer map for the original title, has been reimagined for “Halo 2” as Tombstone, with all-new graphics, features and a few hidden surprises. Now fans will enjoy the dangerous catwalks and trenches that made this the most requested “Halo” multiplayer map ever, with a modernized “Halo 2” flavor. ""

YAY!!!!!!!

So thats it. I found it http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=certainaffinitymaps

http://www.bungie.net/images/Games/Halo2/Screenshots/Halo2_TombstoneGallery.jpg

yay!!!!!!! Edit Just red it is for xbox also!

Thats it,

:) Dootuz :)

Kornman00
March 30th, 2007, 11:20 AM
I never did care for either tbh. Maybe the new versions will be better. Or just another coagulation...

if you would take the time to read, you would see "Both of the maps will be available through the “Halo 2” in-game content downloader for both Xbox and Xbox 360.*" as well

Dootuz
March 30th, 2007, 11:25 AM
I saw that. Thanks!

Agamemnon
March 30th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Xbox only = fail.

Arteen
March 30th, 2007, 11:37 AM
Hang 'em High looks awesome. I don't know if it will play well, but it at least looks nice. I'm not very excited about the Derelict remake. At least it looks neat. Why not give us new maps?

MereCatfish
March 30th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Xbox only = fail.

What do you mean?

They will be in H2V, if you haven't worked that out already.

Agamemnon
March 30th, 2007, 01:35 PM
What do you mean?

They will be in H2V, if you haven't worked that out already.
How do you figure that? They don't mention H2V any where in the article.

Masterz1337
March 30th, 2007, 01:40 PM
because h2v has 23 maps, and xbox will only have 21?

Agamemnon
March 30th, 2007, 02:41 PM
The ad states two new maps for H2V, neither of which in the ad looked like the remake of Hang em High and the other level they are talking about.

Limited
March 30th, 2007, 02:45 PM
I hope people wont start ripping halo 2 xbox maps content to put in halo 2 vista maps.

Looks cool, but wtf are they on hang em high most popular map? BG is..

Shot tags please :P

mech
March 30th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Gross OS placement.

MereCatfish
March 30th, 2007, 04:18 PM
The ad states two new maps for H2V, neither of which in the ad looked like the remake of Hang em High and the other level they are talking about.

The ad states 23 maps.

Currently, H2X has 19 maps.

The 2 new H2X maps makes 21.

The 2 new H2V maps makes 23.

Just logic, although I may be wrong.

MikeM709
March 30th, 2007, 04:19 PM
I thought there were 18 XB maps currently...

Agamemnon
March 30th, 2007, 04:25 PM
The ad states 23 maps.

Currently, H2X has 19 maps.

The 2 new H2X maps makes 21.

The 2 new H2V maps makes 23.

Just logic, although I may be wrong.
Nineteen altogether, including the ones from the map pack?

Sorry, I don't have Halo 2 Xbox any more and I didn't buy the map pack.

MereCatfish
March 30th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Actually, I made a mistake. :)

21 maps on H2X after a recount. Looks like we aren't seeing these on H2V.

Agamemnon
March 30th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Glad we solved that bit.

Dootuz
March 30th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Maybe they will... its bungie they have so many suprizes. lol

Boba
March 30th, 2007, 06:11 PM
I doubt it would be difficult to port them over.

Elite Killa
March 30th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Hang 'em High looks awesome. I don't know if it will play well, but it at least looks nice. I'm not very excited about the Derelict remake. At least it looks neat. Why not give us new maps?
Yeah, I was hoping for something new and not a remake of something else.

*glares hatefully at Coagulation*

Kornman00
March 30th, 2007, 08:21 PM
orly? You didn't read the small print where tombstone is the new tutorial.map :giggle:

Dootuz
March 30th, 2007, 08:34 PM
orly? You didn't read the small print where tombstone is the new tutorial.map :giggle:

It is?!?!?!

Bodzilla
March 30th, 2007, 10:11 PM
i'm excited as hell about it :)

i mean seriously Derelict and HeH where the best Maps in Halo... now we have em in halo 2 :O! :D

Hotrod
March 30th, 2007, 10:14 PM
I was hoping that Sidewinder was going to be remade, but it looks like Derelict and HeH were chosen instead. I hope Bungie decides to make these maps free after a while.

Champ
March 31st, 2007, 09:31 AM
Sidewinder = Containment.

[MT]Slayer
March 31st, 2007, 09:42 AM
Cool. I hope turrets are unlockable in these maps, they should be though.
Why are Desolation and Tombstone 4$??? WTF?

*Edit* Tricked

Hotrod
March 31st, 2007, 09:50 AM
No, Containment wasn't even close to looking like Sidewinder. I would have liked them to have almost the exact same shape for the map. Containment was meant to be a mix between Blood Gulch and Sidewinder.

I_Am_Error117
March 31st, 2007, 09:50 AM
Sidewinder = Containment.

No.

mech
March 31st, 2007, 09:56 AM
Sidewinder = frozen shit

Champ
March 31st, 2007, 11:14 AM
No.
Yes.

Containment was based off Sidewinder. Just like Coagulation was based off Blood Gulch.

Varmint260
March 31st, 2007, 11:36 AM
Even if these new maps aren't for H2V, as Boba said, it'd be simple to port them over. From one point of view, it IS ripping, but is it really, if they're supposed to be the same game on different platforms? We can rest assured that the H2V players won't feel left out :)

MasterChief2829
March 31st, 2007, 12:26 PM
Yes.

Containment was based off Sidewinder. Just like Coagulation was based off Blood Gulch.

No it wasn't. It was a new idea they came up with. A containment center for the Flood. They wanted to add a new snowy map like Sidewinder, but it was not based off Sidewinder at all. There is nothing 'Sidewinder' about it. It's pretty much a strait level with a little curve to it. Sidewinder was U shaped and had a large battlefield, and close quarters indoor places as well.

I_Am_Error117
March 31st, 2007, 01:09 PM
No it wasn't. It was a new idea they came up with. A containment center for the Flood. They wanted to add a new snowy map like Sidewinder, but it was not based off Sidewinder at all. There is nothing 'Sidewinder' about it. It's pretty much a strait level with a little curve to it. Sidewinder was U shaped and had a large battlefield, and close quarters indoor places as well.

yep. Conatinment was a gaint canyon, next to the library

Containment: A Gaint Canyon nex to the libray, contain ing two bases with gates, a trench in the middle, two hogs, a tank, and a banshee, the map has a snowy theme

Sidewinder: Carzy, fast paced inese battle in a u shaped canon, containing buildings and ice patches. Has a snowy theme

Wow, they are 2 DIFFERENT maps with the same them of snow, thats the only thing they have in common

Anyways there is already a post about this in the new section so is this really necesary?

Good Day Sir

Sever
March 31st, 2007, 01:20 PM
I am 100% sure that Containment is actually an extreme remake of Timberland. Watch the extra footage on the map-pack disc.
Back to the subject of the thread: NeuroKoNeza's version of Hang'EmHigh will kick Certain Affinitys' version's ass. http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1527

And yes, that overshield placement is just wrong and ugly and deformed.

That is all.

I_Am_Error117
March 31st, 2007, 01:35 PM
I am 100% sure that Containment is actually an extreme remake of Timberland. Watch the extra footage on the map-pack disc.
Back to the subject of the thread: NeuroKoNeza's version of Hang'EmHigh will kick Certain Affinitys' version's ass. http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1527

And yes, that overshield placement is just wrong and ugly and deformed.

That is all.

nope, it is a original map.

Sever
March 31st, 2007, 03:53 PM
WRONG!!! It is a drasticly re-engineered remake of Timberland. Watch the short map-by-map description film included on the Halo 2 map-pack disc.

Spnkr
April 5th, 2007, 05:12 AM
I liked Hang 'em High, but it wasn't my favourite map to any degree. Still, I'm looking foward to it in H2V.

Rosco
April 5th, 2007, 05:27 AM
nope, it is a original map.

Drastically changed Timberland remake.

DaneO'Roo
April 5th, 2007, 06:33 AM
^ yup

Con
April 5th, 2007, 06:43 PM
I think I like both maps more before they changed them. Hang 'em High was one of my favorites for the large indoor forerunner structure theme it had. I think the industrial worksite theme just fucked it up. The original derelict is also one of my favorites, for any team game or FFA with low numbers. I'm not all that enthusiastic anymore.

Arteen
April 5th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Drastically changed Timberland remake.
I could have sworn they said Ice Fields...

DaneO'Roo
April 5th, 2007, 07:28 PM
I think I like both maps more before they changed them. Hang 'em High was one of my favorites for the large indoor forerunner structure theme it had. I think the industrial worksite theme just fucked it up. The original derelict is also one of my favorites, for any team game or FFA with low numbers. I'm not all that enthusiastic anymore.

o_o the old hang em high was just grey, all over.

Con
April 5th, 2007, 08:03 PM

o_o the new hang em high is just gay, all over.

Neuro Guro
April 5th, 2007, 08:12 PM

The color theme was grey / blue.

(lot of light blue lighting)

Dootuz
April 5th, 2007, 10:20 PM

TURE! At least CMT's hang em high was better!