PDA

View Full Version : New Halo 2 XBox Maps Announced

Skyline
March 30th, 2007, 11:45 AM
The king of “Halo” maps has returned at last. Hang ’Em High, arguably the most popular multiplayer map for the original title, has been reimagined for “Halo 2” as Tombstone, with all-new graphics, features and a few hidden surprises. Now fans will enjoy the dangerous catwalks and trenches that made this the most requested “Halo” multiplayer map ever, with a modernized “Halo 2” flavor.
The second map, Desolation, is a symmetrical, Deathmatch-oriented map and a beautiful remake of the original Derelict. With new graphics and effects and a massive gameplay overhaul, the old favorite is now faster-paced and more balanced than ever — perfect for intense “Halo 2” combat.
Bungie anounced that there would be 2 new maps for halo 2 on xbox, Tombstone and Desolation recreations of Hang'em High and Derelict. They will be released on April 17, 2007.
Link: http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=certainaffinitymaps
Weekly Update: http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=12324

Agamemnon
March 30th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Hate to break it to you, but that's for Halo 2 Xbox. We're all about Halo 2 Vista.

Maybe there should be a restriction on who can create threads on this board?

MikeM709
March 30th, 2007, 03:44 PM
We will be getting those maps too. Add it up from the ad Master Kim posted. 18 Maps from the disk and previous map packs. +2 All new H2V maps, +2 All new Xbox maps, equals 22. That ad said 23 so there must be another map thats going to be announced some time too for Xbox.

Agamemnon
March 30th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Again, where does Bungie mention H2V at all in the post? You're jumping to conclusions. The ad Master Kim has scanned and posted pictures about is the only solid info we have--that we're getting two new maps exclusively for H2V, not for H2V and H2X. They don't add up.

Xehsin
March 30th, 2007, 04:54 PM
nice find, it sux that its for Halo 2 xbox thou, i hope its for Vista.

n00b1n8R
March 30th, 2007, 06:46 PM
LIES

danger canyon is more popular (and i'm not even counting BG as there's already coagulation)

Xehsin
March 30th, 2007, 07:18 PM
18 maps+2 exclusive maps = 20 maps,

So 3 more maps to go! If there are two maps made only for H2v, and there are currently 18 maps for the xbox, that adds up to twenty. Add the two new maps, that 22, still not at 23 yet. We're gonna get another one too =)

So it doesn't matter if its not for H2V or not

Terry
March 30th, 2007, 10:30 PM
Yes , because if bungie doesn't officially release it at launch, we will never get it.

I_Am_Error117
March 30th, 2007, 10:43 PM
A Sidewinder remake for 3rd map pl0x?

*hopes* hopes*

BTw thos blocks on Tombstone read Tombstone, just a little easter egg

DaneO'Roo
March 30th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Really stupid how these are only xbox maps. Really freaking stupid, considering these are the best looking halo 2 maps i've seen.

m13120
March 31st, 2007, 12:17 AM
Hate to break it to you, but that's for Halo 2 Xbox. We're all about Halo 2 Vista.

Maybe there should be a restriction on who can create threads on this board?

Sounds to me like you just don't want these maps to be for Halo 2 Vista.

n00b1n8R
March 31st, 2007, 12:23 AM
or you could just get a 360?

DaneO'Roo
March 31st, 2007, 03:58 AM
^ or you could expect to get everything the old halo 2 gets when you upgrade your PC and your operating system for a newer, better version of the game.

How hard is it for them, to recompile the scenario again on a Vista machine, using the halo 2 hek, pop it into the maps folder, and ship it with H2V?

sounds stupid, to make maps for Halo 2, and not include them in Halo 2.

I_Am_Error117
March 31st, 2007, 01:03 PM
^ or you could expect to get everything the old halo 2 gets when you upgrade your PC and your operating system for a newer, better version of the game.

How hard is it for them, to recompile the scenario again on a Vista machine, using the halo 2 hek, pop it into the maps folder, and ship it with H2V?

Well if you don't get the maps, I could take 'em from my 360, and rip the bsp, then inject into a Halo 2 multiplayer map, though, I would have the entire communtity after me for ripping. :lol:

Anwyas the maps are for Xbox and 360, so they will most likley be for pc too

ejburke
March 31st, 2007, 03:31 PM
Original Halo 2 maps

1) Zanzibar
2) Headlong
3) Lockout
4) Burial Mounds
5) Colossus
6) Midship
7) Waterworks
8) Ascension
9) Ivory Tower
10) Coagulation
11) Beaver Creek
12) Foundation

Halo 2 Map pack

13) Containment
14) Turf
15) Sanctuary
16) Warlock
17) Relic
18) Gemini
19) Elongation
20) Terminal
21) Backwash

Hotrod
March 31st, 2007, 09:37 PM
Original Halo 2 maps

1) Zanzibar
2) Headlong
3) Lockout
4) Burial Mounds
5) Colossus
6) Midship
7) Waterworks
8) Ascension
9) Ivory Tower
10) Coagulation
11) Beaver Creek
12) Foundation

Halo 2 Map pack

13) Containment
14) Turf
15) Sanctuary
16) Warlock
17) Relic
18) Gemini
19) Elongation
20) Terminal
21) Backwash

So that must mean that the two new maps in Halo 2 Xbox must not be in the Vista version.

n00b1n8R
March 31st, 2007, 11:24 PM

what kind of idiot upgrades their whole rig for 1 game?

it wouldn't be, but bungie like money. after all, thier owned by mycro$oft.

AAA
March 31st, 2007, 11:39 PM
Someone should convert all the Halo 1 Default maps, So they'll appear as "Blood Gulch" On the servers instead of blood_gulch

and when I say all the Halo 2 Default maps...I mean.....all of them.

So than, we can have the great feel of Halo 2 With Halo 2..........Sure, it would take time and stuff.....but, wouldn't it be worth it? (I guess now that I think of it that way.....I guess not? =[ )

Pooky
April 1st, 2007, 01:10 AM
what kind of idiot upgrades their whole rig for 1 game?

You wouldn't be doing it JUST for H2V, nobody uses their PC completely and totally for JUST gaming. Upgrades are a part of PC ownership.

AiRgUItaR901
April 1st, 2007, 04:14 PM
I can't wait till they are released! It is 4 bucks for the pair, right? Or 4 bucks each...

Stealth
April 1st, 2007, 07:51 PM
You wouldn't be doing it JUST for H2V, nobody uses their PC completely and totally for JUST gaming. Upgrades are a part of PC ownership.
agreed, I'm not just buying vista for H2V, but for a few other games.

Xehsin
April 2nd, 2007, 07:01 AM
I can't wait till they are released! It is 4 bucks for the pair, right? Or 4 bucks each...

Yeah its $4 for the pair :)

Hotrod
April 3rd, 2007, 07:47 PM
I wonder if/when they will become free.

TheGhost
April 5th, 2007, 01:19 AM
Moved to Tech Heaven because these are XBox maps and will not be on Halo 2 Vista. Although, I'm sure that these will be ported to Vista by some map teams.

Neuro Guro
April 5th, 2007, 04:14 AM
Moved to Tech Heaven because these are XBox maps and will not be on Halo 2 Vista. Although, I'm sure that these will be ported to Vista by some map teams.

Dude , I just dozed off and had a funny dream.

Strider Vega Core got off to the thought of being the one who could convert those 2 maps and so he pounced on the opportunity in his desperation to gain respect.

Somehow he screws it up though , I think he messed up the tags or something and all the weapons chain spawned dancing scarabs. Then he attempted to hang himself but screwed that up to because he made about 10 threads about it on several different forums. (Which doesn't sense though because I believe he is banned from most forums.)

DaneO'Roo
April 5th, 2007, 07:16 AM
^ lol. I think Strider just loves the attention from fucking shit up.

and about the maps, WE shoudnt have to convert them. They should be including watever maps the xbox version gets with the h2v version. I don't think it would be taht hard to compile them in the h2v editing kit, drop them in the maps folder, and give them a little menu picture for when you select the map. They've got the scenario files and everything, all there :/ It'll be easy to convert, but we shouldn't have to. I guess it looks like we will, unless M$ do otherwise.

Oh well, either way, the game will be awesome :D

Elite Killa
April 8th, 2007, 08:31 AM
These maps come out on my birthday! :lol:

Atty
April 8th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Maybe there should be a restriction on who can create threads on this board?Yeah, and while we are at it we can put a restriction on who can talk about or purchase computer hardware. :rolleyes: