PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Heretic

DEElekgolo
April 4th, 2009, 10:32 PM
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3959/heretic22191944.jpg
Played this on a dev kit today. Gameplay is the same as normal midship with the addition of a bubble shield in the middle under the floaty thing.

thehoodedsmack
April 4th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Damn... it's Midship? Was hoping for more original maps.

Pooky
April 4th, 2009, 10:35 PM
More purple eh?

Somehow, I had a Heretic color scheme in mind (like the heretic elites or heretic banshees from halo 2), this seems pretty bland :|

Advancebo
April 4th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Maybe its on a heretic ship.

p0lar_bear
April 5th, 2009, 02:48 AM
Wow. A direct port with some detailing.

:(

Darqeness
April 5th, 2009, 05:51 AM
Meh, I was never a fan of Midship. Here's hoping Longshore and Citadel are some good original maps.

Alwin Roth
April 5th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Wait...
the only new maps i've heard about are: sandbox, assembly, and orbital...

is this a new one, or just assembly, I'm utterly confused.

ShadowSpartan
April 5th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Wait...
the only new maps i've heard about are: sandbox, assembly, and orbital...

is this a new one, or just assembly, I'm utterly confused.
Halo 3 ODST will ship with 3 new multiplayer maps: Heretic, Longshore, and Citadel.

Hotrod
April 5th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Well, I was expecting something a bit more interesting with this map, though I'm happy that they're remaking Midship.

Two questions though :
1. Did they keep it how you spawn with Plasma Grenades instead of Frag Grenades?
2. How did you get to play this map?

Alwin Roth
April 5th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Halo 3 ODST will ship with 3 new multiplayer maps: Heretic, Longshore, and Citadel.

OOOOOH, thanks a bunch, and
same thing as hot rod, how did you get this picture?

teh lag
April 5th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Are people even supposed to know what it is yet? :\ I have a feeling this is violating some sort of NDA.

Heathen
April 5th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Wow, way to be well informed guise.

This has BEEN known as a direct port of midship.
Where have you guys been?

Advancebo
April 5th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Does that door in the background do anything?

Arteen
April 5th, 2009, 10:44 AM
I'm not really too excited. I never found Midship to be that compelling of a map. I'd prefer some new ones instead. I do love the aesthetic though. That door in the back makes the level feel like it could fit right into the Truth and Reconciliation.

Are people even supposed to know what it is yet? :\ I have a feeling this is violating some sort of NDA.
I believe that it definitely is.

Pooky
April 5th, 2009, 12:45 PM
I'm not really too excited. I never found Midship to be that compelling of a map.

Pretty much this, too.

If anything, I was hoping for at least a revamped art style.

Then again, everything is still probably subject to change.

sdavis117
April 5th, 2009, 12:58 PM
I once had a fun game of Sword Slayer on Midship, so that should be fun on this new map, but other then that I don't see this as that great of a map.

Hotrod
April 5th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Well, from what I've read on other forums (Halomods and Halo Maps), he played it on a Demo Kit that a friend had.

Actually, it was known in like October 2008 what all the maps were, since some people at MLG got to play them. Here's a link : http://www.mlgpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209632

Advancebo
April 5th, 2009, 03:48 PM
I sell my xbox and then not 3 days later find out theres a identical midship remake

/facepalm.

Dang these maps sound great, can't wait for Midship remake. Bump so others see their dream has come true.

Whats wrong with MLG players?

FRain
April 5th, 2009, 06:06 PM
I thought Longshore was midship.... Makes alot of sense. Long (Mid) Shore (Ship)

Inferno
April 5th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Whats wrong with MLG players?
They live on a level of smug that even snafubar cannot reach.

Terry
April 5th, 2009, 09:04 PM
I can't help but get the feeling that Bungie is not yet entirely sure of what maps run best with this game. It's nice that we're getting midship but it feels as though almost every original map we've gotten thus far has just plain sucked.

Heathen
April 5th, 2009, 09:19 PM
I'm not really too excited. I never found Midship to be that compelling of a map. I'd prefer some new ones instead. I do love the aesthetic though. That door in the back makes the level feel like it could fit right into the Truth and Reconciliation.

I believe that it definitely is.
No no. It isnt.

We knew way back.

Like the rabbit says.

Alex
April 5th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Even though I'm part of the MLG community I don't find this exciting news. I only liked playing FFA's on it for less than 3 minutes then it always got boring for me. The map's look didn't excite me either. I want to see how much detail Bungie added if any. I also don't want it all purple either..

Arteen
April 6th, 2009, 08:46 AM
No no. It isnt.

We knew way back.

Like the rabbit says.
That doesn't mean we're supposed to see the pic, too.

Lateksi
April 8th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Average MLG player likes Midship because it's the best FFA map for practising aim and shit in general.

RobertGraham
April 8th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Sticks/Shotguns on Midship anyone?