PDA

View Full Version : FP animation

UnevenElefant5
April 6th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I made this because I had to use Partickssj6's tutorial and it has no sound. It covers every animation needed to get in game correctly. I complained about the grenade throw timing in the vid, but it actually turned out almost exactly right.

Here it is:
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4488

Sorry if I drone on and bore you to death, I was sick. :\

teh lag
April 6th, 2009, 10:47 AM
There are nowhere near enough tutorials about this. Kudos to you for actually making one.

Corndogman
April 6th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Thanks. I tried to learn fp animations, but I didn't like Patrick's tutorial so I quit. Maybe this will get me into it.

Limited
April 6th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Do you have another mirror? I'm getting 5.6kb/s on halomaps =\

UnevenElefant5
April 6th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Unfortunately, I am on a computer that doesn't have the file. I'd have to download from Halomaps and then upload somewhere else and by then you'd be done downloading :\ I'll do it anyways for other people. Will edit the first post when it's done. Don't expect it until like 3:30-4:00 This computer is a fucking dinosaur :\

Corndogman
April 6th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Will have a mirror up in a few minutes.

E: never mind, my internet sucks and the upload just stops at 30%. yeah sorry no mirror.

UnevenElefant5
April 6th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Mine is done:
http://files.filefront.com/First+Person+animation+tulzip/;13545166;/fileinfo.html
Apparently this computer doesn't suck that much.

Corndogman
April 6th, 2009, 04:58 PM
For future reference, you can set the alignment of the transform gizmo to the shape of the object by clicking the drop-down box where it says "view" and changing it to "local". This is useful, for instance, when you rotated the magazine, or moved the bolt back.

Pretty good tutorial, it taught me a lot. Just keep in mind that you don't need to try to make everything perfect, just try to explain to the viewer how to do it, and give them tips on how to make theirs perfect.

also, Protip: Close any IM programs when you start recording.

UnevenElefant5
April 6th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Oh, yeah I forgot about the part where Pakar xfired me. And, the reason it seemed like I was trying to get it perfect is because I was animating that Mauler to go in-game, so I wanted it to look relatively good. And I'll keep that gizmo aligning thing in mind.

Limited
April 6th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Pretty good. Could you maybe record the in-game result of the animations? Maybe upload it to Youtube?

UnevenElefant5
April 6th, 2009, 08:35 PM
I'll get around to that on Friday when I'm back on my normal computer.