PDA

View Full Version : Majora's Mask is Annoying

DarkHalo003
April 11th, 2009, 04:49 PM
It's annoying. Very. For example:

-You can't save whenever you want and the game is saved at the beginning of each 1st day.

-The sword smith's sword disappears when you reset to the first day and so does the fucking gold powder dammit. It's annoying as hell. I have to do the fucking race all over again. Dammit!

-The fairy is like 5x worse the Navi.

-The camera is fugly sometimes.

Does anyone else feel my RAGE?! :dramabomb:

Especially the gold powder. Now I have to do that shit over again. Wasting my time now. Not only that, but the beaver race is annoying as hell too. I had one ring left and the controls fucked up on me. :suicide:

paladin
April 11th, 2009, 05:46 PM
It was an amazing game... wth are you on?

TLPFZKbXehE

my bro made a glitch vid on it

DarkHalo003
April 11th, 2009, 05:49 PM
It's annoying though. Mainly the side quests. The straight forward quest is actually loads of fun, but the side quests make it more annoying than anything. I'm at the Gerudo fortress right now.

ICEE
April 11th, 2009, 05:52 PM
This is the only zelda game I couldnt bring myself to play through.

legionaire45
April 11th, 2009, 06:50 PM
I beat this when I was like, 9 or 10 or something, lol.

Only thing I could never get was the mask where you have to fend off the UFO's.

I even went through all that keaton mask crap.

JunkfoodMan
April 11th, 2009, 07:22 PM
best atmosphere in any zelda game ever. fucking terrifying at times (DAWN OF THE FINAL DAY, music, link in pain whenever he puts on a mask, the mask seller dude).

Roostervier
April 11th, 2009, 07:42 PM
I liked the game, a lot. Bawwww, a game was actually challenging. To be honest more games need to be made more challenging, like this. I'd place it as the number 3 Zelda game in my list, with the second being ALttP and first being OoT.

cheezdue
April 11th, 2009, 07:50 PM
You guys dont really see how good the game is. To me it was better than Ocarina imo.

ICEE
April 11th, 2009, 07:51 PM
I think that this had the wrong kind of challenge. Racing against the clock is a fine prospect, But I don't like playing an entire game that way.

DarkHalo003
April 11th, 2009, 08:07 PM
I mean, there were some fun parts, mainly being the new atmosphere and new options of fighting. Ocarina was more straight forward, but this game is very complex. Either way, I want to play Twilight Princess. I might have to use an emulator though, if I can't find a GC and copy on ebay/amazon. I might get a Wii if my pay is enough this week.

Anyways, Majora's Mask was moreoverly not my type of game mainly because you had to go on side quests to complete the original quest, which imo most of the side quests were a little annoying, especially the bottle ones.

Roostervier
April 11th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Twilight Princess was decent, but not much more than that. Nothing compared to MM or OoT. Also, the side quests didn't even seem like side quests to me, they were pretty fun.

legionaire45
April 11th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Seriously, I didn't have trouble meeting the deadlines back when I played this; I never ran out of time once. The challenge that working against the clock brought to this game was great, even if I didn't really see it at the time since I never had any time related difficulties.

Making it a little bit darker was good, especially with all of the mask character's stories.

DarkHalo003
April 11th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Seriously, I didn't have trouble meeting the deadlines back when I played this; I never ran out of time once. The challenge that working against the clock brought to this game was great, even if I didn't really see it at the time since I never had any time related difficulties.

Making it a little bit darker was good, especially with all of the mask character's stories.
I honestly can't wait to get past the Zora part of the game if I do. I saw parts of the Stone Tower area and I think I'll enjoy that one. I mainly like Majora's Mask because of it's characters and the reintroduction of stuff from Ocarina of Time.

n00b1n8R
April 11th, 2009, 08:41 PM
You're right, MM was shit, windwaker was better.

cheezdue
April 11th, 2009, 08:48 PM

But windwaker's dungeons were way to easy.

Donut
April 11th, 2009, 09:56 PM
It's annoying. Very. For example:

-You can't save whenever you want and the game is saved at the beginning of each 1st day.
the fuck. its called owl statues. you can save at all of them.
-The sword smith's sword disappears when you reset to the first day and so does the fucking gold powder dammit. It's annoying as hell. I have to do the fucking race all over again. Dammit!
noob its called the gilded sword. you keep it when you go back.
-The fairy is like 5x worse the Navi.
no, she has attitude, and its awesome
-The camera is fugly sometimes.
never saw a difference between it and zelda oot
Does anyone else feel my RAGE?! :dramabomb:
if the rage is at your post, then yes
Especially the gold powder. Now I have to do that shit over again. Wasting my time now. Not only that, but the beaver race is annoying as hell too. I had one ring left and the controls fucked up on me. :suicide:
responses in bold, and also:
MOLD THE SWORD INTO THE GILDED SWORD FOR FUCKS SAKE. THATS WHAT THE GOLD POWDER IS FOR. GOD DAMN

t3h m00kz
April 11th, 2009, 11:10 PM
MM was fucking awesome. Fierce Deity Link is so fucking underrated

Darqeness
April 12th, 2009, 04:30 AM
MM was fucking awesome. Fierce Deity Link is so fucking underrated

Hell. Yeah.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/metroid_dragon/FierceDeityLink.jpg?t=1239528349

Majora's Mask is by far my favorite Zelda. The dark atmosphere, innovative gameplay mechanics and fantastic character development sadly hasn't really been seen in more recent Zeldas. Twilight Princess tried the darker storyline, but it seems partway through Nintendo couldn't decide which way they wanted to take the game, so there's a strange mix of a darker story but then pretty casual gameplay and character development.

paladin
April 12th, 2009, 04:32 AM
Use the double time song.... The game was amazing.

Heathen
April 12th, 2009, 07:25 AM
best atmosphere in any zelda game ever. fucking terrifying at times (DAWN OF THE FINAL DAY, music, link in pain whenever he puts on a mask, the mask seller dude).
agreed

I like it more than Ocarina of time.

Most of my friends shun me for that statement thoguh.

Ki11a_FTW
April 12th, 2009, 09:18 PM

^

CN3089
April 13th, 2009, 02:16 AM
Majora's Mask was the best Zelda game qtiyd http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-c00l.gif

p0lar_bear
April 13th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Majora's Mask was the best Zelda game qtiyd http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Emoticons/emot-c00l.gifThe first 1/4 of the game bugs the shit out of me for some reason (basically the Deku Palace and Woodfall Temple), but after that it's pretty damn cool.

I've always had a phobia towards N64/Windwaker ReDeads and Gibdo, but I couldn't help but lol when you get the mask that makes them do ballet. :lol:

MM was fucking awesome. Fierce Deity Link is so fucking underratedBecause you only get to use him in the final battle where he lollerrapes the crap out of the boss.

Yeah you can go back to the temple boss rooms and use him, but once most people get the fierce deity mask, they've already 100%'d the game and there's no point in a replay. :/

LinkandKvel
April 13th, 2009, 11:27 AM
I loved OOT, WW, and TP the best.

I tried MM on an emulator but the emu kept messing up as stated below

The first 1/4 of the game bugs the shit out of me for some reason (basically the Deku Palace and Woodfall Temple), but after that it's pretty damn cool.because unfortunately as soon as past that part my emu erases my save and I have to start from the beginning and this happened like 3 times. I gave up.

Also is it me or does it seem games are way too short nowadays.

Heathen
April 13th, 2009, 12:09 PM
get pj64. Never buggered on me.

LinkandKvel
April 13th, 2009, 01:09 PM
I do.

Heathen
April 13th, 2009, 01:23 PM
I do.
wat

LinkandKvel
April 13th, 2009, 01:37 PM
I have PJ64.

Heathen
April 13th, 2009, 02:05 PM
then idk wtf your problem is.

It works fine for me.

blind
April 13th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Best Zelda game.
Music was great, only annoying part for me in the WHOLE game was the unneeded 3 seconds it takes when you play the Elegy of Emptiness.

DarkHalo003
April 15th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Well Donut, I honestly can't say I could have had a Gilded sword. I got the Razor sword on the last day (bank ate my rupees :gonk:) and I'm sure I would have wasted Gold Powder I though was transferable through time. AND THE FUCKING BEAVERS DON'T GIVE YOU A BOTTLE DAMMIT!