PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Recon... Mythic Map Trailer Contest Win

FireDragon04
April 12th, 2009, 08:54 AM
7-MkRl6xWaE

I know a couple of people on the forums have recon too, but i was recently announced as one of the winners of the HBO/Bungie Mythic map contest and i got awarded recon, along with a few other things, and just thought i'd show everyone my trailer.

Read more about the contest HERE (http://mythicmoviecontest.bungie.org/).

The video was made pretty quickly so... poo [/britishwin]

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8970/recon1.jpg
http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/6783/recon2.jpg

CabooseJr
April 12th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Wow, nice job. Congrats!

FRain
April 12th, 2009, 09:29 AM
Cool Beans. That was an awesome trailer.

Hotrod
April 12th, 2009, 09:32 AM
That video was epic! Congrats on your win, you really deserve it.

Limited
April 12th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Holy shit congrats :O

Trailer was epic, if you just randomly posted it I would have thought Bungie had made it.

Btw you must be one of very few Brits to get recon :D Maybe even first?

FireDragon04
April 12th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Holy shit congrats :O

Trailer was epic, if you just randomly posted it I would have thought Bungie had made it.

Btw you must be one of very few Brits to get recon :D Maybe even first?

We should all get recon :dance:

At least it gives me another armor perm for Machinima now. :)

Oh btw Happy Easter Guys, and i'm a bit sad because theres not much wind and the church in our village has the english flag up and its not waving much.

Limited
April 12th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Dont worry matt, I'll take a sip of tea for you :)

Sadly I'm not at my house, I'm stuck in Southampton as I got tons of work for uni to do :( All on my lonesome.

007useless
April 13th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Wow holy *** congrats dude.

Advancebo
April 13th, 2009, 07:28 AM
congratulations!

Rosco
April 13th, 2009, 07:43 AM
We should all get recon :dance:

At least it gives me another armor perm for Machinima now. :)

Oh btw Happy Easter Guys, and i'm a bit sad because theres not much wind and the church in our village has the english flag up and its not waving much.

Good job mate, I want the recon chest because all the others suck :|

Cept the one that makes you look like the Mark 5 Spartan. =)

=sw=warlord
April 13th, 2009, 07:56 AM
I'm stuck in Southampton as I got tons of work for uni to do :( All on my lonesome.
If i still lived there i might have visted you, im guessing your at the uni in the civic center?

ontopic: good job with the trailer you must have impressed bungie quite a bit to get recon.

Arteen
April 13th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Congrats! You definitely deserve it!

Edward Elrich
April 13th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Congrats, man!

Recon is gonna be a nightmare for me, unless I can do that vidmaster:annual achievemnt and get it the easy way...

Yours was almost better than Bungie's trailer was.

Heathen
April 13th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Do you get anything good for winning?
E: nope, just recon.

Rosco
April 13th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Congrats, man!

Recon is gonna be a nightmare for me, unless I can do that vidmaster:annual achievemnt and get it the easy way...

Yours was almost better than Bungie's trailer was.

Ok, so what achievements do you need? All the vidmasters?

Piss. :)

Limited
April 13th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Congrats, man!

Yours was almost better than Bungie's trailer was.Thats only a rumor, about the annual achievement giving recon, right?

Rosco
April 13th, 2009, 01:33 PM
Thats only a rumor, about the annual achievement giving recon, right?

Is annual the 7 one? If so I have it, no recon.

E: Just remembered annual is the ghosts one, got that anyways :downs:

Heathen
April 13th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Thats only a rumor, about the annual achievement giving recon, right?
I thought it was that you had to get all the vidmasters, including the ones coming in with HR.

I mean...is Recon honestly that amazing to people? What does it do? If it does something then I missed that all this time but I am almost positive it does not. Why does anyone want such an ugly helmet?

Rosco
April 13th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I mean...is Recon honestly that amazing to people? What does it do? If it does something then I missed that all this time but I am almost positive it does not. Why does anyone want such an ugly helmet?

Nah, I only want the chest, the other chests suck.

FireDragon04
April 13th, 2009, 01:42 PM
I agree, its nothing amazing.
And yea its all the vidmaster achievements, and there's one we cannot get untill ODST is out. Once you have all vidmaster achievements you unlock Recon.

I'm on Halo 3 atm and my friend was like "When ODST comes out your gunna feel pretty stupid" and i was just like "Well that gives me half a year to not be stupid" :)

Thanks for the comments guys, and i won Recon, Bungie Pro Until July 2010 and a Mythic Map Code for a friend.

Rosco
April 13th, 2009, 01:48 PM
I agree, its nothing amazing.
And yea its all the vidmaster achievements, and there's one we cannot get untill ODST is out. Once you have all vidmaster achievements you unlock Recon.

I'm on Halo 3 atm and my friend was like "When ODST comes out your gunna feel pretty stupid" and i was just like "Well that gives me half a year to not be stupid" :)

Thanks for the comments guys, and i won Recon, Bungie Pro Until July 2010 and a Mythic Map Code for a friend.

Hope you don't get hacked for your recon duder. =)

Limited
April 13th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Kinda sucks that they are going to be giving recon for people who got all achievements. To me recon is something you need to earn out of respect from Bungie. Doing some thing special, getting all achievements doesnt really count it that much for me.

Unless its another kind of armour, doubt it though.

007useless
April 13th, 2009, 03:17 PM
I still think there might be another vidmaster challenge. One that is gonna take some time to get. Anyway recon will not be wanted anymore after odst comes out. People are going to beg for the flaming helmet next.

Heathen
April 13th, 2009, 03:45 PM
I guess people like it because they cant have it?

How stupid.

sdavis117
April 13th, 2009, 03:56 PM
I still think there might be another vidmaster challenge. One that is gonna take some time to get. Anyway recon will not be wanted anymore after odst comes out. People are going to beg for the flaming helmet next.

There are going to be three more Vidmaster Achievements when ODST comes out. From what I hear, said 3 achievements will make Annual look like a walk in the park.

A slow walk with power assisted legs.

At least I hope they are going to be that hard. Even though I must say I would like the Recon shoulders.

Sever
April 13th, 2009, 04:02 PM
There are seven (imagine that) Vidmaster Achievements - 3 1/2 with Halo 3 and 3 1/2 with Recon (Brainpan is the split one). I'm guessing that Recon will have a pair of giveaways and one more challenging one, similar in relation to Lightswitch, 7 on 7, and Annual.

Heathen
April 13th, 2009, 04:38 PM
There are going to be three .
what I had understood.

Advancebo
April 13th, 2009, 04:47 PM

Flaming is not a helmet, its a chest piece, named "Bungie", and I am sure Bungie wouldnt give it to anyone unless they are an employee of Bungie.

paladin
April 13th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Nice job firedragon.. you gonna love signing on to a full inbox everyday!

Heathen
April 13th, 2009, 05:26 PM
I lied and told some little shit eater that I had recon and he was liek literally crying taht I woudlnt let him see it. So eventually I got in and had my cousin ryan come too to mess with him more. told him the reason he couldnt see my recon was that he was on bungie's blacklist to never get recon because he must have annoyed one of the employees. The kid was bawling. It was awesome.

ThePlague
April 13th, 2009, 05:42 PM
I lied and told some little shit eater that I had recon and he was liek literally crying taht I woudlnt let him see it. So eventually I got in and had my cousin ryan come too to mess with him more. told him the reason he couldnt see my recon was that he was on bungie's blacklist to never get recon because he must have annoyed one of the employees. The kid was bawling. It was awesome.
That is awesome you are awesome.

Also, gj Firedragon. Even though I don't really care about Recon. ODST ftw!

Advancebo
April 13th, 2009, 07:36 PM

Who let an 8 year old play am M game? Parents :fail:

Con
April 13th, 2009, 07:41 PM
nice job, grats :)

Heathen
April 13th, 2009, 07:57 PM
like you didnt play goldeneye when you were little.

=sw=warlord
April 14th, 2009, 07:32 AM
my parents allowed me to play dukenukem 3d when i was 8 >_>
guess thats why 13 years later im so screwed up:lol:

Advancebo
April 14th, 2009, 04:05 PM
like you didnt play goldeneye when you were little.

No, never played. lol. The Halo series are the first M games I ever played. I started playing Halo Combat Evolved when I was like 11. And Halo 2 when I was 12. But I never owned those games, they were my cousins. Halo 3 is the first M rated game I actually own, that my parents let me get. And I am now 13.

Heathen
April 14th, 2009, 04:08 PM
No, never played. lol. The Halo series are the first M games I ever played. I started playing Halo Combat Evolved when I was like 11. And Halo 2 when I was 12. But I never owned those games, they were my cousins. Halo 3 is the first M rated game I actually own, that my parents let me get. And I am now 13.
lolol. Its funny because your life sucks.

paladin
April 14th, 2009, 04:42 PM
I forgot to add, your gonna like getting free MS points and live cards....

Spartan094
April 14th, 2009, 04:55 PM
advancebo never played Golden Eye? wtf even i played it, and hey congrats on your recon, its nothing special when you get it ;) becuase when people are liek saw recon in 2007-08 they are like :airquote: omg omg omg GIVE ME BECUASE IM 8 YEARS OLD AND I LEIK HAYABUSA PLZ BUNGIE PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......... it gets boring after awhile of ranting for it and frankly bungie gave us a challenge for us having to get the vid master achievments which Annual was something (1:29:50 heh), but RECON is gonna get overused when people get all Vid master achievments, enjoy your recon for awhile and make more little kids cry

Advancebo
April 14th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Bungie should release a new update for H3 when ODST comes out for new gametypes and armor perms. The elites need more.

Also notice the way the elites head is bent over, its hard to get a headshot from behind, and they also have larger helmets. Meanwhile the Spartans are the easiest to get headshots as they the larger helmets, the largest being Security, but they are just way more cooler looking than Elites.

Its really a choice over:
Cool armor, awesome looks, but easy to kill.
or
Somewhat lame armor, but harder to kill.

I think Bungie purposely did that.

Heathen
April 14th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Bungie should release a new update for H3 when ODST comes out for new gametypes and armor perms. The elites need more.

Also notice the way the elites head is bent over, its hard to get a headshot from behind, and they also have larger helmets. Meanwhile the Spartans are the easiest to get headshots as they the larger helmets, the largest being Security, but they are just way more cooler looking than Elites.

Its really a choice over:
Cool armor, awesome looks, but easy to kill.
or
Somewhat lame armor, but harder to kill.

I think Bungie purposely did that.
You can get a headshot through the chest. I know, I have done it. Its just as easy to get a headshot on an elite as it is on a spartan.
And iirc its impossible to add armor's.

Advancebo
April 14th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Yeah, but most people aim at the head.

Heathen
April 14th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Correct, everyone aims at the head.
Well when an Elite turns its back to you, its head is where the back is.

Fraid anyone with half a brain would shoot at his back....seeing that his head is their on the other side >.>

Pooky
April 15th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Correct, everyone aims at the head.
Well when an Elite turns its back to you, its head is where the back is.

Fraid anyone with half a brain would shoot at his back....seeing that his head is their on the other side >.>

thing is, that only works on guns with over-penetration (sniper rifle and beam rifle basically)

so it actually is harder to get headshots from behind on an elite using the BR or carbine

Rosco
April 15th, 2009, 08:01 PM
thing is, that only works on guns with over-penetration (sniper rifle and beam rifle basically)

so it actually is harder to get headshots from behind on an elite using the BR or carbine

Providing the elite hasn't committed suicide, been ran over, got hit by a traffic cone, betrayed someone and been booted, or got stuck running in circles and been assassinated. :downs:

I know I know, stereotypical. It always seems to be the elites though D:

paladin
April 15th, 2009, 08:08 PM
swat = geh, why play it? I only play it when I want to get mad or when Kapture wants to play

Inferno
April 15th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Halo 3 is usually to laggy for a game that's basically first shot wins.
Swat = Best connection wins.

Advancebo
April 16th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Halo 3 doesnt have that bad of lag. Its really who ever has the best aim and control to get a headshot.

Heathen
April 16th, 2009, 05:26 PM

Right, but if you look down as a spartan its just as hard. Their is a balancing factor right?

Doesn't one of them run faster or jump higher or something?

Inferno
April 16th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Halo 3 doesnt have that bad of lag. Its really who ever has the best aim and control to get a headshot.
Halo gets horrible lag sometimes. Generally in larger games.

Heathen
April 16th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Halo gets horrible lag sometimes. Generally in larger games.
...not for me O_o

Inferno
April 16th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Have you ever played BTB. Fucking christ it lags like shit sometimes. I've had grenades kill me and don't show a explosion till AFTER my 10 second respawn.

If you want a film of that and many many many more instances of WTF HOLY SHIT LAG then I have a film for you guys to watch.

Ki11a_FTW
April 17th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Also notice the way the elites head is bent over, its hard to get a headshot from behind, and they also have larger helmets.

One of the most biggest complaints with Halo 2 :\

Pooky
April 17th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Swat = Best connection wins.

Sir I believe you are thinking of Swords!

(but SWAT is pretty bad too)

Daishi
April 17th, 2009, 07:05 AM
I never had too much of an issue with connection problems. The lag in big team battle can get kinda ridiculous at times, but I've never really had it last for more than one game. After the game, the next few are lag-free. It's kinda weird.

Heathen
April 17th, 2009, 01:53 PM
swat = geh, why play it? I only play it when I want to get mad or when Kapture wants to play

Its actually hella fun.
Makes you feel like a total badass.
And with the mention of swat I have to admit that it is harder to get headshots. I use an elite in swat only for that reason.
But suck it.

And woah...so many connection problems. I have maybe had 3 in my entire halo 3 lifetime. And I got it second day :/