PDA

View Full Version : Moral dilema regarding the distribution of halo 3 beta content.

Gwunty
April 13th, 2009, 06:55 PM
As some of you might know I am working on a halo 3 conversion of the map "sandtrap" who's entire purpose is to allow the community access to some proper halo 3 weapons. Recently I acquired some halo 3 beta rips, contents include the SMG, Shotgun, the first person arms, and the Magnum. I am considering using these models in the public release, this means allowing anybody who can work HEK+ access to the beta models. I have gotten some remarks regarding my intentions and am starting to reconsider the use of these rips. I am not sure of the entire story as to why the distribution of these models is frowed apon so I have come here with a simple question.

Should I publicly release halo 3 beta models and bitmaps?

ok let me summarize them
no (explain why)= option 1
yes= option 2

Anton
April 13th, 2009, 06:56 PM
I wouldn't.. but that's just me.

ThePlague
April 13th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Yes. Why? Because it'll piss people off if you do or you don't. We went through this with beachparty, and time and time again I say do it. It doesn't matter who gets their hands on it, because it will stimulate the community and give ideas/help people with making halo 3 stuff.

Rentafence
April 13th, 2009, 06:58 PM
I believe Bungie said they don't give a shit about what you do with their content as long as you don't sell it.

Gwunty
April 13th, 2009, 06:59 PM
I wouldn't.. but that's just me.
Do you have some sort of reason?

Con
April 13th, 2009, 07:01 PM
I think it's fine, sharing is caring right? Especially when its from one Halo game to another...

As for the poll, I can't agree with either of them.

Heathen
April 13th, 2009, 07:06 PM
I think it's fine, sharing is caring right? Especially when its from one Halo game to another...

As for the poll, I can't agree with either of them.
I kind of disagree.

Their isn't anything I dont agree with in the second option. At least not until you explain why you disagree most likely.

DEElekgolo
April 13th, 2009, 07:08 PM
The poll options are kind of biased. :/

CtrlAltDestroy
April 13th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Why even ask? Go ahead if you really want to.

ThePlague
April 13th, 2009, 07:09 PM
It shouldn't say "help improve the quality old members work", more like "help improve mid range members work." Because if you're an old member, you should at least know how to model off of references.

ultama121
April 13th, 2009, 07:10 PM
^Revising of the poll is needed. Yes and no would be adequate. :/

Gwunty
April 13th, 2009, 07:10 PM
The poll options are kind of biased. :/
ok let me summarize them
no (explain why)= option 1
yes= option 2

Choking Victim
April 13th, 2009, 07:11 PM
The second Deehunter got them, they were pretty much public anyway. :rolleyes:

legionaire45
April 13th, 2009, 07:11 PM
I personally think you guys should put the effort into creating your own custom content since ripped shit usually looks bad anyway. That, and there are plenty of people who could use the practice.

If you want to release wireframes or something to that effect than that would be beneficial to those who could get something from it. If you straight out release tags then people are just going to use those and won't bother trying to learn new things with them, which kind of defeats the purpose and also, in my opinion, is somewhat disrespectful to Bungie since these tags usually end up in shitty maps.

ShadowSpartan
April 13th, 2009, 07:14 PM
I have said this in a previous thread, but I will go ahead and say it again. The decision to release the models should be left up to the person who programmed the model and bitmap extractor. You have no idea how much work it takes to not only research how the data is stored, but also program it.

Seeing as how you "acquired" them, I'm going to go ahead and assume you did not get them directly from the person who created the extractor. If you did get it from the person who created the extractor though, ask that person for permission.

L0d3x
I don't see what the problem is here. Sure people who won't bother trying to learn new things will...not learn, though who cares about them really? I sure don't, and I can easily ignore average content that has ripped content in it.

ThePlague
If you straight out release tags then people are just going to use those and won't bother trying to learn new things with them
I half agree. Yes, some people will do that, and others won't. It's all about the person that has it.

Gwunty
April 13th, 2009, 07:16 PM
I personally think you guys should put the effort into creating your own custom content since ripped shit usually looks bad anyway. That, and there are plenty of people who could use the practice.

If you want to release wireframes or something to that effect than that would be beneficial to those who could get something from it. If you straight out release tags then people are just going to use those and won't bother trying to learn new things with them
I disagree, when I first joined the community I admit that I just went rip crazy with the old old public h2 weapons, but as I spent more time in the community, I learned about "do it yourself" so I used them as ref for alot of my weapons, which in turned showed me alot about modeling. I have also learned about skinning and unwrapping by looking at bungies models.

DEElekgolo
April 13th, 2009, 07:18 PM
To many people have been using "I use them to learn how they make it" as an excuse. Though it only has for a few, the rest simply abuse it.

Malloy
April 13th, 2009, 07:20 PM
I Voted No, because new mappers should strive to 'make' their own unique content and let inspiration and motivation spur the community instead of giving nubs the building blocks to make maps with no creativity.

DEElekgolo
April 13th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Its not like we will ever see someone make a map from complete scratch. Deleting everything in your data and tags folder. So many people have lost creativity in halo CE mapping. Its always another forerunner map or a bloodgulch mod.

UnevenElefant5
April 13th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I think you should. Personally, I wouldn't use them, but I know plenty of people who would. I think the only reason you wouldn't would be that you were worried about some legal issues.
Oh, at DEE:
*ahem*
http://forum.halomaps.org/index.cfm?page=topic&topicID=24574

legionaire45
April 13th, 2009, 08:04 PM
I think you should. Personally, I wouldn't use them, but I know plenty of people who would. I think the only reason you wouldn't would be that you were worried about some legal issues.
Oh, at DEE:
*ahem*
Lol, stuff like that is half the reason why I think that releasing this is potentially a bad idea.

If the modder in question doesn't have a basic idea of how to model, then what good are these going to do someone? People are more likely to simply take the weapon models and put them ingame in some half-assed manner than to actually make something custom. It's very easy to throw a "WIP" label on something and say "custom content will come later hurrr" and then never actually implement something custom.

Again, I reiterate that posting wireframes or something to that affect seems perfectly reasonable but I have my doubts about simply throwing the models out there for the lazy to abuse.

Even better - why don't people start posting up more tutorials? Snaf and a few others posted some really useful tutorials recently and I think that it would be more effective to teach the newer members through tutorials instead of simply throwing them the models and telling them to figure it out on their own. From what I have seen most of the CE community is incredibly lazy - making people work for things for a change might help.

ODX
April 13th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Eventually, some idiot is going to figure out how to rip from Halo 3 or get tools to do so, but what will they do with them? Shove them in-game with either horrible animations or stock Halo 1 animations which will make me throw up because they were never meant to be together.

Might as well just release them here, and now, with proper tagging (done by the great m00ks, and Advancebo) and decent to well-done animations by me and some others.

Joshflighter
April 13th, 2009, 08:08 PM
CLS, you made this thread for....?

Lol, we all know you are releasing them with your map open sourced and dont have any plan on changing your mind.

Its pretty simple, all the facts have been stated by spartan and others why not to. There ain't much more to bicker about now. :)

E: Plus this was so over talked about on other forums including halomaps, so you know why you would decide not to, or to do it.

ODX
April 13th, 2009, 08:11 PM
CLS, you made this thread for....?

Lol, we all know you are releasing them with your map open sourced and dont have any plan on changing your mind.

Its pretty simple, all the facts have been stated by spartan and others why not to. There ain't much more to bicker about now. :)Even if he's going to put them in the final version, the thread still serves as a nice little (I hope) discussion thread about ripped content and when it's right and when it's wrong.

Gwunty
April 13th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Fear you have this annoying habit of not reading the first posts in the thread.

Joshflighter
April 13th, 2009, 08:14 PM
I read it already. Don't accuse just because you assume something. :|

ShadowSpartan
April 13th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Eventually, some idiot is going to figure out how to rip from Halo 3 or get tools to do so
It's going to take someone smarter than an "idiot" to get asset extraction from Halo 3 Retail working.

Choking Victim
April 13th, 2009, 08:34 PM
It's going to take someone smarter than an "idiot" to get asset extraction from Halo 3 Retail working.
You're an idiot.
:)

Heathen
April 13th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Bungie would only care if it made people not play halo 3.

What kind of asshat would play CE over halo 3 if they wanted the halo 3 experience.

legionaire45
April 13th, 2009, 08:47 PM
The problem with "open sourcing" these models is that they don't belong to anyone here; they aren't anyone's to open source, not here anyway. I'm all for open sourcing content, but in this case I think it's better to open source original content, even if that content is based off of references in the form of Bungie's previous work.

Cagerrin
April 13th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Bungie would only care if it made people not play halo 3.

What kind of asshat would play CE over halo 3 if they wanted the halo 3 experience.
The sort of asshat who lacks the spare cash for a 360?

Disaster
April 13th, 2009, 08:51 PM
You're an idiot.
:)
You hinting at something here :rolleyes:

UnevenElefant5
April 13th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Lol, stuff like that is half the reason why I think that releasing this is potentially a bad idea.

If the modder in question doesn't have a basic idea of how to model, then what good are these going to do someone? People are more likely to simply take the weapon models and put them ingame in some half-assed manner than to actually make something custom. It's very easy to throw a "WIP" label on something and say "custom content will come later hurrr" and then never actually implement something custom.

Again, I reiterate that posting wireframes or something to that affect seems perfectly reasonable but I have my doubts about simply throwing the models out there for the lazy to abuse.

Even better - why don't people start posting up more tutorials? Snaf and a few others posted some really useful tutorials recently and I think that it would be more effective to teach the newer members through tutorials instead of simply throwing them the models and telling them to figure it out on their own. From what I have seen most of the CE community is incredibly lazy - making people work for things for a change might help.
How does that make you not want to release the tags?
I put that link up there so that I could prove this wrong:

So many people have lost creativity in halo CE mapping. Its always another forerunner map or a bloodgulch mod.
Because that map is neither a forerunner map or bloodgulch mod. I did that all myself learning as I went. I just wanted to prove that not everyone is going to just:

take the weapon models and put them ingame in some half-assed manner
Seriously, I don't understand your reasoning behind this post.
E/ at least the part directed at my stuff.

Heathen
April 13th, 2009, 08:57 PM
LOL, well thats just sad.
I dont have a job, my parents dont support me.

I still own a 360 and a good collection of games.

Anyone who cant afford it is lazy and its their own damn fault for being a poor, lazy bastard.

ICEE
April 13th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Just give the shit out. No one has any right to it, but I don't think they have right to withhold it either. If anyone should have it, everyone should have it.

StankBacon
April 13th, 2009, 09:28 PM
release it.

Heathen
April 13th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Just give the shit out. No one has any right to it, but I don't think they have right to withhold it either. If anyone should have it, everyone should have it.
Bungie does.

legionaire45
April 13th, 2009, 11:56 PM
How does that make you not want to release the tags?
I put that link up there so that I could prove this wrong:

Because that map is neither a forerunner map or bloodgulch mod. I did that all myself learning as I went. I just wanted to prove that not everyone is going to just:

Seriously, I don't understand your reasoning behind this post.
E/ at least the part directed at my stuff.
Oh, lol, you're the same person as the thread OP.

I was trying to point out that newer members won't be able to take advantage of this because they don't have enough understanding of the medium to know what makes a good mesh good...

The reason I used your post as an example (besides the fact it was there :P) was because your content doesn't look very good, in all honesty. Most people at your level of skill can't tell what a good mesh is (no offense) and as a result, they won't understand why the Bungie meshes look so good.

More experienced modders might be able to take advantage of this but they are probably far better off watching tutorials since those are much more effective at teaching these concepts. Staring at a mesh for an hour doesn't really help much when you have no idea how to model something close to it in the first place :P.

Senior modders already know what makes a good model good, so they won't really get much out of this either. Even if they could get something out of it, they probably already have other resources at hand and this is either redundant to them or not that useful.

Instead, the ones who are going to gain from these models being released are the lazier members who are just going for handouts and don't have any interest in putting effort into learning the process. If they did, they wouldn't need copies of the model; they'd actually be working on their own versions and learning.

A wireframe will do the same job as a mesh with none of the community drama involved. If you have a complete wireframe you can probably figure out a rough idea of how the original artist did what he did; if you can't, than your probably not at high enough a level of expertese to actually take advantage of the mesh in the first place.

There are only a few examples that I could think of where having a mesh would be preferable to having wireframes, and even in those cases, is it really all that difficult to ask someone who knows what they are doing a question?

Ever heard that overused parable about the fisherman teaching the hungry how to fish? I think that applies here. If you teach someone to model they'll be able to not only make stuff for themselves but they'll also be able to contribute to the community with better content instead of relying on handouts from others. That's what my main point is, kind of. You can give people models to look at but without some kind of mentor or guide most people aren't going to be able to figure out what to do with them. That's why I mentioned the comment about tutorials.

It's good that you are trying new things - to be honest, it's rare to see something that isn't a CMT ripoff mod or something to that effect anymore =P. I recommend that you visit the studio resources thread on this site (should be stickied in the studio section). It has a lot of great resources on modeling and texturing that you should take advantage of to improve your stuff.

paladin
April 14th, 2009, 12:00 AM
put it this way, if they dont get it from you, theyll get it from some else...

PenGuin1362
April 14th, 2009, 12:27 AM
No one cares. There have been no repercussions from the halo 2 releases years ago. Bungie said its bad but did nothing. So...no one cares.

t3h m00kz
April 14th, 2009, 12:44 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: If Bungie themselves really cared, they'd shut the project down. Defending Bungie by saying "but it's shitting on Bungie's hard work" is for Bungie to decide for themselves.

Cortexian
April 14th, 2009, 01:13 AM
I'm p sure Bungie likes most of the work that's been done with their ripped content. They were just under pressure from Microsoft to scold us for using their Copyrighted work. Why else would they have given GBX the authority to release Halo CE?

Pooky
April 14th, 2009, 02:41 AM

and by extension, the sort of asshat who wouldn't be buying it in the first place.

Thus, not a negative impact on sales.

n00b1n8R
April 14th, 2009, 03:05 AM
Do it.
Nobody cares about Zteam, and the majority of the community got over this yonks ago (back on gearbox ffs).

SnaFuBAR
April 14th, 2009, 03:37 AM
First off, the claim that it would help anyone is bullshit, the claim it'll draw anyone to CE is bullshit, and the claim that it'll do any good to the community is bullshit.

All the release would do is stroke your ego that you're the guy who gave h3 beta shit to the community in an open source map, and everyone else would have it just to have it.

I say make a real contribution to the community instead of this shit.

E: i would have a lot more respect for you if you didn't try to release things under such false pretenses but obviously your character hasn't matured enough for such a feat. Oh noes I has a moral dilemma about giving out shit that doesn't belong to me :lolugh:

Cortexian
April 14th, 2009, 04:26 AM
First off, the claim that it would help anyone is bullshit, the claim it'll draw anyone to CE is bullshit, and the claim that it'll do any good to the community is bullshit.

All the release would do is stroke your ego that you're the guy who gave h3 beta shit to the community in an open source map, and everyone else would have it just to have it.

E: i would have a lot more respect for you if you didn't try to release things under such false pretenses but obviously your character hasn't matured enough for such a feat. Oh noes I has a moral dilemma about giving out shit that doesn't belong to me :lolugh:
I think it's funny that he's got a moral issue with this at all. Immaturity at it's finest?

Limited
April 14th, 2009, 05:25 AM
If you already have Halo 3 ripped content in the map (I doubt) then theres no need, you said you want it to have the real H3 feel right?

If you dont, then dont fuck up your map by adding ripped content. It might be all flashy, but it boils down to the fact you cant be arsed/got skill to make your content yourself, which will later show.

=sw=warlord
April 14th, 2009, 07:29 AM
If you have such a moral dilema then don't release it.
It dosn't take a fucking rocket scientist to decide wherther they want to release something or not.
this may help a little (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/developer/rules.htm)

PwN Lone
April 14th, 2009, 08:34 AM

Do any good for the community? It will, your just to close-minded to think it wont. Think about it, instead of having some asshat with crappy models/textures, he'll have some decent work to use. The newer members who produce mods/maps with this content will probably be liked more because its better than the un-original Bg mod with stock weapons, which will then make them go ahead and make more stuff. And go the path CLS went, eventually learning.

What some people dont seem to understand is that most new people to the CE community get crushed by the elitist attidtude of most of you, and therefore stop making maps/mods. You dont give them a chance to learn, and immediatly flame anyone who makes a mod. Ok, what would you do if some person who made a BG mod, who you flamed, did quit CE, and if you hadn't flamed him, but encouraged him to actually make custom stuff then he would have stayed and become a mapper for the community, and maybe even released something epic. But no, for some reason you idiots find it your duty to flame anyone that makes a BG mod. I dont care if you've been putting up with it for years, this should have given you the knowledge to not flame, and actually grow the fuck up.

A real contribution to the community? If you haven't noticed he is, he's had the balls to actually make a thread about this, and instead you say he's not contributing. At least he's actually going to contribute something besides the other open sourced stuff out there.

Stroke his ego? If you haven't notice dhe made a thread about whether or not to release it, thats not ego-filled. If he did have as big as an ego as you portray him to have then he would have done it straight off the bat and not consulted any of you guys.

Giving a shit about stuff that doesn't belong to me... Wow, just wow. How fucking childish can you get? I mean, since when does someone not care about peoples other content or material objects? At least he does, and he actually has a pair of morals to contend with. You on the other ahnd think its his ego that makes him want to release it. What a load of bullshit.

I would say more about your pathetic excuse for a post, but I cant really be bothered.

-Lone

=sw=warlord
April 14th, 2009, 09:17 AM
I think what the community needs is not more open sourced content, but tutorials on how to create said content, yes the barreta 9000 plane modeling tutorial is good and well.
but i don't think plane modeling a landscape would be the best way to goespecialy when the idea is inside your head not on paper.
There seems to be plenty of people here who have an idea of what a cliff or landscape should look like but they don't seem willing if thats the word to link to tutorials on the subjects.
I personaly have spent entire days looking for 3ds max tutorials on land scape modeling but the only tutorials i find are for displacement mapping which is not the best way to make maps.

kid908
April 14th, 2009, 09:39 AM
might take up ur time but render the models in a "profiling" type views (top, left, right, bottom, front, right, and perspective). I'd also advise not render the wireframe unless it's the perspective view. having views with wireframe is basically ripping but they made the "rip." I'm against releasing the actual mesh.

@warlord: land scape modeling can be done with plane modeling or subdivision. Unless you're talking about something specific, i see that those 2 method works fine with land scape, and weapons, bipeds, and everything else.

NuggetWarmer
April 14th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Why even ask? Go ahead if you really want to.

Joshflighter
April 14th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Oh looky, the Halo 3 bipeds were released... but uhh... I dont see it helping the community.

Its like saying, if I go and steal food and give it to the community everytime there hungry, it will help them out, instead of setting up a farm or something. (Im thinking big in this one, and its just an example, durr)

kid908
April 14th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Oh looky, the Halo 3 bipeds were released... but uhh... I dont see it helping the community.

Its like saying, if I go and steal food and give it to the community everytime there hungry, it will help them out, instead of setting up a farm or something. (Im thinking big in this one, and its just an example, durr)

no one bother taking to time to rig it and those who did didn't release it, so not much use to those crappy map makers since it's not rigged. the biped is just floating around since well...the beta.

Delta4907
April 14th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Actually, it helped me better understand how 3ds Max materials work, so I can create better renders, instead what I used to render with, which was just a diffuse texture, and possibly a bump map.

Joshflighter
April 14th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Actually, it helped me better understand how 3ds Max materials work, so I can create better renders, instead what I used to render with, which was just a diffuse texture, and possibly a bump map.

Wow............................................... ........ :rolleyes:

So you needed halo 3 ripped content to do that? I never knew....

EH.

EDIT; Seems that I get -rep for speaking my opinion. Grow up Pooky. :)

ICEE
April 14th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Bungie does.

Don't be stupid, you know I meant this community. To be honest, I think that ripping content is disrespectful to the artist who made it. However, once its been ripped the damage is done. Theres no reason to keep anyone from using it. It will never help or hurt the community, theres already so much ripped content, and immitation content out there that it will make virtually no impact.

TeeKup
April 14th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Oh, at DEE:
*ahem*

All of that looks like it belongs in Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.

Delta4907
April 14th, 2009, 12:44 PM

No, I didn't "need" Halo 3 Beta content to learn it, and it wasn't just the H3B content, I had also looked at how flyinrooster had created the Halo 2 materials in this Topic (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6888). If I didn't have some of the H3B materials, I wouldn't have really cared about making better materials in the first place, because it was something I enjoyed.

SnaFuBAR
April 14th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Do any good for the community? It will, your just to close-minded to think it wont. No, it won't. It never has, and it won't change with h3 rips. Think about it, instead of having some asshat with crappy models/textures, he'll have some decent work to use. So we'll have a bunch of asshats with no originality using h3 weapons. The newer members who produce mods/maps with this content will probably be liked more because its better than the un-original Bg mod with stock weapons, which will then make them go ahead and make more stuff. And go the path CLS went, eventually learning. No, they'll just do BG mods with h3 content, and still get pissed becuase they're not getting stroked for doing the billionth BG mod and gettting told how awesome they are.

What some people dont seem to understand is that most new people to the CE community get crushed by the elitist attidtude of most of you, you mean how we don't jack them off over every little box model and rip and box map and ai mod and therefore stop making maps/mods. They stop because they're wincing babies and don't have the moxi to get over themselves and work harder.You dont give them a chance to learn, and immediatly flame anyone who makes a mod. Nope, we say, 'oh that's been done a billion and one times, try something new, here's tuts etc. I myself help quite a few people over AIM one on one, and I know more of us "elitists" (remember you wincing babies are the ones that labled us leet, we didn't do it) do the same. Ok, what would you do if some person who made a BG mod, who you flamed, did quit CE, and if you hadn't flamed him, but encouraged him to actually make custom stuff then he would have stayed and become a mapper for the community, and maybe even released something epic. These people who quit because their unoriginal BG mod didn't get jizzed over don't have the shit to make epic content in this community. Your question is irrelevant. But no, for some reason you idiots find it your duty to flame anyone that makes a BG mod. No, we don't. I dont care if you've been putting up with it for years, this should have given you the knowledge to not flame, we give them the resources to learn and do better than a bg mod and actually grow the fuck up. Kid, i'm 25. I don't just give them the resources they need to succeed in this community, I give them a chance to learn how things work in the industry.

A real contribution to the community? If you haven't noticed he is, he's had the balls to actually make a thread about this, and instead you say he's not contributing. At least he's actually going to contribute something besides the other open sourced stuff out there. I'll say it again, ripped content won't be any meaningful contribution.

Stroke his ego? If you haven't notice dhe made a thread about whether or not to release it, thats not ego-filled. If he did have as big as an ego as you portray him to have then he would have done it straight off the bat and not consulted any of you guys.
It's more of a "cognitive disonance" kind of thing going on. Not that I expect you to know what it is, so use dictionary.com. He obviously knows it's not a right thing to do, but he wants to release it and be known as the guy that gave h3 beta open sourced. Asking the community and getting so many yes answers will help him ignore what he knows and give him backing when he gets a backlashing because he can say, "You guys said yes! fuck off".

Giving a shit about stuff that doesn't belong to me... Wow, just wow. How fucking childish can you get? I mean, since when does someone not care about peoples other content or material objects? At least he does, and he actually has a pair of morals to contend with. You on the other ahnd think its his ego that makes him want to release it. What a load of bullshit.
Ok then let him follow his morals and not release it.

I would say more about your pathetic excuse for a post, but I cant really be bothered.
Seems like you said plenty, but nothing really all that meaningful.

-Lone
lol let's sign the post because my user name isn't already next to it.

Rentafence
April 14th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Hey I have a question. What community? :eyesroll:

SnaFuBAR
April 14th, 2009, 01:11 PM
Hey I have a question. What community? :eyesroll:
Oh snap!

Rentafence
April 14th, 2009, 01:15 PM
I'm serious. The only people still developing for this game are a few diehards who yearn for when the game actually had a nice amount of people playing things other than stock maps. These people are usually competent in what they're doing anyway, so I could wager that they could care less about Halo 3 content when they'd probably prefer to make their own. We're acting as if giving people some ripped content is suddenly going to ruin any chance of a "community", which died out long ago, from rising from the ashes (I wish it would). This topic is completely retarded anyway. OOOH NOO U RELEASE SOME ONES N ZEROES DA SKY IS GONNA FALL!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be on my way developing another map that will get half finished before I run into a brick wall with artists block.

Heathen
April 14th, 2009, 02:10 PM

Snaf I gotta disagree.

Even if people wont reuse the stuff he releases, (even though alot of people will) this will give them a good base for making things like this. At least if their are GOOD halo 3 mods their might me less of them.

It'd be like someone making a Metroid mod now :/
With shitty quality.

But yeah, rentafence is pretty right...no one really mods this anymore. I am only waiting for a sp mod and then I am probably never going to play it again.

If anything else, you guys have to see whta OP was trying to do. He was seeing if anyone would be majorly pissed so he isnt known as "they guy that blablabla"

ODX
April 14th, 2009, 03:38 PM
What I don't fucking get is why you guys keep bitching that it will just make people lazy, and won't help the community/players at all. Why do you care? I doubt you play in public servers much (there are a few who do, but I think most of you don't), so why the hell should you care what they're playing?

Rentafence is right, what community? I'll tell you what, the community that you guys haven't been in for a long time. Probably ever since this site was transformed into Modacity, most of you guys haven't been part of the Halo community. No one really cares much about the game here, so why do you suddenly jump upon a person who's asking about releasing Halo 3 Beta content in a game you rarely ever play? It doesn't make much sense to me, not much sense at all.
...I'm in a really pissy ass mood these days, excuse any rudeness (if possible) and just try to understand my point instead of flipping out on the attitude I used to convey it.

Advancebo
April 14th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Eventually, some idiot is going to figure out how to rip from Halo 3 or get tools to do so, but what will they do with them? Shove them in-game with either horrible animations or stock Halo 1 animations which will make me throw up because they were never meant to be together.

Might as well just release them here, and now, with proper tagging (done by the great m00ks, and Advancebo) and decent to well-done animations by me and some others.

wah?

Heathen
April 14th, 2009, 04:11 PM
wah?
Lol, some kiss ass youtube troll.

Choking Victim
April 14th, 2009, 04:12 PM
...and decent to well-done animations by me and some others.
Ohh, I thought I heard something. It was you...tooting your own horn. :|

Heathen
April 14th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Ohh, I thought I heard something. It was you...tooting your own horn. :|
hey hey, be careful or he will stop commenting your youtube videos >.>

Spartan094
April 14th, 2009, 04:21 PM
what, grunt doesnt even have ALL the h3b stuff people just a reminder, i beta test his stuff, only thing he has is pistol, shotty, and a couple others. Thats just bout it, so dont get your hopes all high

PwN Lone
April 14th, 2009, 04:48 PM
And this thread is great for one thing, showing how far we've come as a community...... yes you guessed it, blatant sarcasm.

@Snaf: All I've got to say is, I dis-agree with you, and you want to bring age into this, as I meant mental 'growing the fuck up' and not actual age, then sure. I'm 15, and I'm arguing with a 25 year old was it? Ye, kinda pointless dont ya think?

E1: Also, my opinion stil stands: It should be released.

SnaFuBAR
April 14th, 2009, 04:54 PM
You are quite amusing, youngster. It's all a matter of perception and experience. Rips have never been a substantial or even really a relevant contribution. If anyone wants to learn how to model weapons, they shouldn't look at bungie's models, they're pretty horrible. They should look at things from crysis and unreal 3. All the scrubs download ripped content for the OMG KEWL factor and can't ever implement it well.

Sel
April 14th, 2009, 05:00 PM
I'm serious. The only people still developing for this game are a few diehards who yearn for when the game actually had a nice amount of people playing things other than stock maps. These people are usually competent in what they're doing anyway, so I could wager that they could care less about Halo 3 content when they'd probably prefer to make their own. We're acting as if giving people some ripped content is suddenly going to ruin any chance of a "community", which died out long ago, from rising from the ashes (I wish it would). This topic is completely retarded anyway. OOOH NOO U RELEASE SOME ONES N ZEROES DA SKY IS GONNA FALL!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be on my way developing another map that will get half finished before I run into a brick wall with artists block.

get it got it good

PwN Lone
April 14th, 2009, 05:10 PM
You are quite amusing, youngster. It's all a matter of perception and experience. As in experience from whats happened before?, because if this has happened before, by all means, link me or give me an example. Rips have never been a substantial or even really a relevant contribution. They can be if used properly, like accompanying a tutorial for reference. If anyone wants to learn how to model weapons, they shouldn't look at bungie's models, they're pretty horrible. Agreed, there disgusting. They should look at things from crysis and unreal 3. Never looked at those, but I'll have a look when I get the chance, for now, I'll take your word for it. All the scrubs download ripped content for the OMG KEWL factor and can't ever implement it well. Also agreed, used for popularity among friends, I did this once aswell, luckily, I've moved on I'm happy to say.

Glad we could agree on something for once lol. But ye, I mostly agree with you, but the example on the releasing of rips not helping people would be nice.

ICEE
April 14th, 2009, 05:19 PM
As in experience from whats happened before?, because if this has happened before, by all means, link me or give me an example.

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2060

^

SnaFuBAR
April 14th, 2009, 05:21 PM
i would say more than 99% of people who aquire the rips and tags of ripped weapons etc do not learn anything about modeling the items nor how they're tagged. You don't need ripped weapons/vehicles/anything to learn how to tag them, and if you're taking the shortut to use ripped models you sure as hell aren't learning how to make them.

there is absolutely nothing to gain from ripped halo 3 beta items.

nothing.

PwN Lone
April 14th, 2009, 05:24 PM
i would say more than 99% of people who aquire the rips and tags of ripped weapons etc do not learn anything about modeling the items nor how they're tagged. You don't need ripped weapons/vehicles/anything to learn how to tag them, and if you're taking the shortut to use ripped models you sure as hell aren't learning how to make them.

nothing.

Ok, fair enough. I understand now, from my own experience, that you dont really gain anything, and the people that do gain something are very little.

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2060

^

Ironically enough, those were the ones I used lol.

ODX
April 14th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Ohh, I thought I heard something. It was you...tooting your own horn. :|Alright I'll change it to shitty, half-assed pieces of crap that should be thrown in a ditch then burned.

hey hey, be careful or he will stop commenting your youtube videos >.>That was back then, when I had nothing better to do other than reply to peoples' comments. One of the last things I think I said on any of Zteam's videos was either commenting 'Good job' or asking why the animation extraction video from Halo 2 wasn't using it's respective overlays.

Heathen
April 14th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Ironically enough, those were the ones I used lol.
Thats not ironic, its coincidental.

Advancebo
April 14th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Lets see, try modeling, models pretty decent model, then gets told to set it on fire and throw it away.
Or
Rip a model, get ingame, and get told to model it yourself. Then above happens.

Joshflighter
April 14th, 2009, 05:49 PM
I dont see anyone telling me to set my models on fire or throw them away.

Hell, I wanted High Ground so badly back in the day, so I tried modeling it. From harsh crit, I go my ass modeling every single time I was bored or had time. You can learn from practicing, but today's new generation doesn't want to, cause they dont know how to do anything for themselves. Eh.

SnaFuBAR
April 14th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Lets see, try modeling, models pretty decent model, then gets told to set it on fire and throw it away.
Or
Rip a model, get ingame, and get told to model it yourself. Then above happens.
Solution: do it yourself and keep practicing until you don't suck anymore. :allears:

Gwunty
April 14th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Because your obviously omnipotent and magically know that nobody has benefited from ripped content. Btw do you know the reason I actually started to mod halo? I saw a cmt-coag promo vid.

stroke my ego? I really could care less. I was basically asking the community whether this is worth it or not. I don't want e-fame I cringe at the idea.

cool biased opinion bro :allears:

E: i would have a lot more respect for you if you didn't try to release things under such false pretenses but obviously your character hasn't matured enough for such a feat. Oh noes I has a moral dilemma about giving out shit that doesn't belong to me
or the fact that this could potentially kill a already dwindling community.
Its nice to see that everybody here can have a nice mature conversation about ripped assets.

Alwin Roth
April 14th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Sure, ripped content is bad, i mean, as long as the give credit, not everyone can
make perfect models and such... yet...

and
I got into Ce because there was this nice map with ripped AR sounds from halo 3's, because the Ar sound from halo 3 is lovely.
and that map was hosted a lot back in January 2008...

Spartan094
April 14th, 2009, 07:17 PM
i think the votes are strong toward Yes so give it up people, here comes the h3b content coming down the road, ohwait i see it coming in sandtrap

t3h m00kz
April 14th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Let noobs be noobs and use the open sourced stuff. Why not? It's not like their box maps are going to be downloaded much anyway.

DEElekgolo
April 14th, 2009, 07:49 PM
18 to 41? something is going on here.

legionaire45
April 14th, 2009, 08:27 PM
18 to 41? something is going on here.
Yeah, the collective IQ of the Halo community is dropping.

Alwin Roth
April 14th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Everyone is stupid.
and i mean, EVERYONE, not just the people here... and me...

SnaFuBAR
April 14th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Its nice to see that everybody here can have a nice mature conversation about ripped assets.
Because distributing material that you weren't meant to have your hands on anyways is totally mature :allears:

Daishi
April 14th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Bungie has already stated that their content is usable in any game as long as it isn't for monetary gain. Since the only thing that might be sold is MORE halo CE copies, there is absolutely no reason not to release them.

Disaster
April 14th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Bungie has already stated that their content is usable in any game as long as it isn't for monetary gain. Since the only thing that might be sold is MORE halo CE copies, there is absolutely no reason not to release them.
Well where did they state this?:allears:

t3h m00kz
April 15th, 2009, 01:04 AM
To be more specific, where have they stated ANYTHING on this subject?

Someone show some information or something

p0lar_bear
April 15th, 2009, 01:10 AM

IIRC, Rams once PMed Frankie (the PR guy before lukems, but you all knew that. right?) at Bungie.net asking if it was alright to use Halo 2 assets in CE, on my request back when I was trying to help Masterz bring back CMT after Coagulation reared its fugly head. We got a pretty stern NO. I would imagine he still has that screenshot...

e: It's not on the internet anymore. Anyone still got it?

sevlag
April 15th, 2009, 07:31 AM
well..to be honest beta content has already found its way arond online...YES, bungie may blow a gasket but let's be reasonable, this content comes from a beta that can no longer be played or used (by the public that is)...these tags are from said beta...

I think what the real problem is that at the time you asked to use Halo 2 content in CE, Halo 2 was still out and selling...bungie feared that using the conent would take away from sales so they said no, but eventually H2 content found its way into CE (i mean look at a few maps on CE right now,)

it all comes down to a C&D order...I say do it, BUT stop using the tags if bungie gives the 'ol C&D response to ya

and that is my two cents...tune in next time as i discuss the effects of time travel on illegal immigrants

n00b1n8R
April 15th, 2009, 08:22 AM
I want to see a proper H3 map.
The distribution of a map with ripped H3 content isn't going to hurt H3's sales.
Yes it'd be nice if you made it all yourself, but I'd rather have a finished pretty map then a half baked noob-tag fest.

Use the ripped content, if you don't like it don't play it.

Hunter
April 15th, 2009, 09:48 AM
I think that you should not. I think if people want good quality content, then they should work for it, either by ripping it them selves, or making it.

Imo I dont see why people like ripping content. If I did I would not feel as I have acheived as much, but if I made it all my self I feel that I have acheived a lot more, and have actually learned some skills which may help me in the future.

Ripping content though, as ShadowSpartan told me, can be good as it teaches people coding as they have to code applications to do it with. But the content they rip should be kept private.

If all Halo 3 Beta content got released where is the need in teams like H3MT? Everyone will have access to the content teams work hard to make, yes they still have to compile it all but the hard work on modelling and texturing is done for them.

Waits for -rep

Edit:

Its not like we will ever see someone make a map from complete scratch. Deleting everything in your data and tags folder. So many people have lost creativity in halo CE mapping. Its always another forerunner map or a bloodgulch mod.

I disagree, no one has seen what I have brewing. May take some years though.

Edit2:

Do any good for the community? It will, your just to close-minded to think it wont. Think about it, instead of having some asshat with crappy models/textures, he'll have some decent work to use. The newer members who produce mods/maps with this content will probably be liked more because its better than the un-original Bg mod with stock weapons, which will then make them go ahead and make more stuff. And go the path CLS went, eventually learning.

What some people dont seem to understand is that most new people to the CE community get crushed by the elitist attidtude of most of you, and therefore stop making maps/mods. You dont give them a chance to learn, and immediatly flame anyone who makes a mod. Ok, what would you do if some person who made a BG mod, who you flamed, did quit CE, and if you hadn't flamed him, but encouraged him to actually make custom stuff then he would have stayed and become a mapper for the community, and maybe even released something epic. But no, for some reason you idiots find it your duty to flame anyone that makes a BG mod. I dont care if you've been putting up with it for years, this should have given you the knowledge to not flame, and actually grow the fuck up.

-Lone

Wait. It will help the community?

hah, yeah. New members will make a couple of terabytes worth of Halo 3 Bloodgulch mods, with nukes....

Yup, Halo 3 timberland...

After 2 years of being in the community and actually growing up/realising better content and more skill can be acheived by making the stuff them selves.

I think you will find thats Halomaps. If they came to modacity, they will most likly get some good crit, and maybe a BIT of flaming. Look how I fucking started. Take a look at my first sniper rifle, I then got flamed by Snaf and the other members, and after a few months made my other one... And when I come into this community I actually started by making 3 maps, none got released because they sucked ass, and I lost them :P

Tbh, most people, on the halomaps website, dont care about other peoples content adn what happens to it...

I think what the community needs is not more open sourced content, but tutorials on how to create said content, yes the barreta 9000 plane modeling tutorial is good and well.
but i don't think plane modeling a landscape would be the best way to goespecialy when the idea is inside your head not on paper.
There seems to be plenty of people here who have an idea of what a cliff or landscape should look like but they don't seem willing if thats the word to link to tutorials on the subjects.
I personaly have spent entire days looking for 3ds max tutorials on land scape modeling but the only tutorials i find are for displacement mapping which is not the best way to make maps.

Plane modelling hasnt failed me yet :P

I think its mainly because most people are to dumb or lazy to actually rig the models and get them ingame working.

=sw=warlord
April 15th, 2009, 09:49 AM
well..to be honest beta content has already found its way arond online...YES, bungie may blow a gasket but let's be reasonable, this content comes from a beta that can no longer be played or used (by the public that is)...these tags are from said beta...
So...you are saying because these models were ripped from the beta it's fine because somehow they will have enough time to remake every model for the retail copy of halo3?
i highly doubt that, why would a company recreate assets they already have?
the shaders and various other tags may change but i seriously doubt they would remodel everything from scratch again just for retail, remember every change has the chance it may screw something up their not exactly willing to cause even more draw backs just to remake something they already have.
The Snafuhrer can probably account for this.
On a personal note, if i had trusted a select few people access of my content that i had spent several months making i would find it a very large slap in the face to find they had taken my assets and distributed it across the internet in the name of goodwill, those assets would be my right to choose what happens to them not the people who were trusted to do content testing not to act as my unauthorized publisher.
I want you to read this very carefully.. (http://main.halodev.org/devblogs/posts/nick/may-19-2007/a-disgrace-to-halo-modders)

PwN Lone
April 15th, 2009, 11:32 AM
I think that you should not. I think if people want good quality content, then they should work for it, either by ripping it them selves, or making it.

Imo I dont see why people like ripping content. If I did I would not feel as I have acheived as much, but if I made it all my self I feel that I have acheived a lot more, and have actually learned some skills which may help me in the future.

Ripping content though, as ShadowSpartan told me, can be good as it teaches people coding as they have to code applications to do it with. But the content they rip should be kept private.

If all Halo 3 Beta content got released where is the need in teams like H3MT? Everyone will have access to the content teams work hard to make, yes they still have to compile it all but the hard work on modelling and texturing is done for them.

Waits for -rep

Edit:

I disagree, no one has seen what I have brewing. May take some years though.

Edit2:

Wait. It will help the community?

hah, yeah. New members will make a couple of terabytes worth of Halo 3 Bloodgulch mods, with nukes....

Yup, Halo 3 timberland...

After 2 years of being in the community and actually growing up/realising better content and more skill can be acheived by making the stuff them selves.

I think you will find thats Halomaps. If they came to modacity, they will most likly get some good crit, and maybe a BIT of flaming. Look how I fucking started. Take a look at my first sniper rifle, I then got flamed by Snaf and the other members, and after a few months made my other one... And when I come into this community I actually started by making 3 maps, none got released because they sucked ass, and I lost them :P

Tbh, most people, on the halomaps website, dont care about other peoples content adn what happens to it...

Plane modelling hasnt failed me yet :P

I think its mainly because most people are to dumb or lazy to actually rig the models and get them ingame working.

Honestly, everyone needs to learn eventually, and if, by not releasing this, it does make people leanr the hard way, and in turn they learn more. Then, by all means, dont release it.

Delta4907
April 15th, 2009, 01:05 PM

I guess I'm the only one who has taken taken those models, rigged them, and got it ingame with random permutaions for all 4 armors. I would've done EOD as well, but I heard that there was no texture for it in the beta, so there would be no point unless someone made a custom one, which I might do in the future. However I see your point, because I haven't see anyone else do what I've just stated SINCE those models and textures were released.

PenGuin1362
April 15th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Look at me! I want attention because I have halo 3 ripped content and I want to feel important!

Higuy
April 15th, 2009, 04:05 PM
I disagree with both questions... I would leave the tags that help people learn unprotected (particle tags, effects, etc) and the ones that don't (models, bitmaps, etc) protected.

Inferno
April 15th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Release the models in max format so if you would like to use them than you actually have to learn to ingame and build shaders and what not.

I learned a lot about halo by ripping models and building my own tags and effects for them.

DarkHalo003
April 15th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Where is the option about me not caring? Honestly, this is older than dirt. You might as well bring up rips from the H2 beta if there are any at all. Seriously.

If you use them to speed up certain parts of your work, such as getting a model for a biped and getting it in-game to continue a work, then I see no issue with it. If you parade around the internet yelling you've got Beta Recon, then you're a fucking moron.

Spartan094
April 15th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Release the models in max format so if you would like to use them than you actually have to learn to ingame and build shaders and what not.

I learned a lot about halo by ripping models and building my own tags and effects for them.
ya, i learned that way too :highfive: but grunt doesnt have all of them so dont get all jumpy people, he only haz weapon....i think

Pooky
April 15th, 2009, 04:16 PM

EH.

EDIT; Seems that I get -rep for speaking my opinion. Grow up Pooky. :)

I -repped you because what you said had already been stated multiple times in this thread and better. All you did was try to gain some measure of agreement by parroting the people who actually know what they're talking about.

Thanks for crying about it publicly though, you gave me the chance to elaborate.

Joshflighter
April 15th, 2009, 05:15 PM
I -repped you because what you said had already been stated multiple times in this thread and better. All you did was try to gain some measure of agreement by parroting the people who actually know what they're talking about.

Thanks for crying about it publicly though, you gave me the chance to elaborate.

No, I wasn't bandwagoning other people, instead I was saying something to a certain person.

seems you don't know the diff. :)

Gwunty
April 15th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Because distributing material that you weren't meant to have your hands on anyways is totally mature :allears:
Did you just ignore the purpose of this thread while posting?

teh lag
April 15th, 2009, 05:59 PM
I will thank you all to not start that poo flinging that I hate so much, ok?

Gwunty
April 15th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Look at me! I want attention because I have halo 3 ripped content and I want to feel important!
That's good to know. But please make your own thread for that because this one has nothing to do with what you have just said.

Masterz1337
April 15th, 2009, 06:48 PM

nothing.
Yeah cause your some kind of elite modeler means your an expert on everything. COOL STORY BRO. =o =o =o (Yes, look at you, look how dumb you I sound.

To the OP, you only need to ask yourself 3 questionsm
Will it make my map better?
Will I be able to implent it well?
Will I learn anything from trying to implent it well.

Don't care what opinion some eliteist asshole is trying to force down on you (yes, YOU SnaFuBAR). Your map is about you, and what you want to do. Bungie and MS haven't done anything about rips in the past, and you'ree not really making the situation any better or worse. Just ignore the people who are to stuck up to realize that they shouldn't try to make everyone be like them, and do your own thing.

Edit: Sorry Lag, didn't see your post when I wrote this.

Masterz1337
April 15th, 2009, 06:49 PM
No offense, but many are excited and are interested in your Pit map because it has ripped content.

SnaFuBAR
April 15th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I WANT IT SO I SHOULD HAVE IT
Look how dumb you are

Not forcing myself down on anyone, I'm posting my opinion, looks like a few people missed the point of this thread while posting :allears:

the same community that put people like me up on a pedestal and termed us elite (we didn't do that, we don't care to call ourselves leet) is the same one that wants to crucify us when it suits them. go figure.

Masterz1337
April 15th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Then change your attitude, because I'm not the only person who here who thinks your an ass with no consideration for others opinions.

And rather using some lame not so funny comeback, how about you actually explain how my 3 questions he should be asking himself are wrong, rather than posting some stupid response in all caps.

You're just making yourself look like an idiot.

SnaFuBAR
April 15th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Then change your attitude, because I'm not the only person who here who thinks your an ass with no consideration for others opinions.

And rather using some lame not so funny comeback, how about you actually explain how my 3 questions he should be asking himself are wrong, rather than posting some stupid response in all caps.

You're just making yourself look like an idiot.
maybe you should read my post again.

Masterz1337
April 15th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Your post makes no good points. You are a modeler, what do you know about tagging and the process of getting weapons ingame? Everyone starts somewhere, and mant people start with using ripped weapons.

SnaFuBAR
April 15th, 2009, 07:24 PM
do you need ripped H3 Beta weapons to learn tagging?

I'm more than a modeler, but I'm no tagger.

Masterz1337
April 15th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Do you need? No. Does it help? Yes.
Just ask Knave, CAD, Lag, Muki, KiLLa_FTW, or the original KiLLa where they started out and who's content they used.

Choking Victim
April 15th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Just ask Knave, CAD, Lag, Muki, KiLLa_FTW, or the original KiLLa where they started out and who's content they used.
You can learn the same shit using halo 2 rips. That's what we used, that's what your argument implies, and it's true. Regardless, this thread has ran its course.

SnaFuBAR
April 15th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Uh, they didn't use ripped h2 tags, they used ripped models, and iirc you don't learn good modeling from looking at shitty bungie models, you learn the tools and you practice. having h3 beta rips in your hands isn't going to magically make you better at anything.

The h2 rips caused a huge community rift. I don't see the point in causing that again in the cause of somewhat-maybe-beneficial-to-a-few people that could've learned the same damn thing from h1 tags and actually using tuts to learn how to model.

You're not learning anything from rips because they still have to be tagged. You don't just put h3 tags in hce, lol.

Rosco
April 15th, 2009, 07:39 PM

I know you're getting your point across, but it's pretty much impossible to get Knave. He left 4 years ago ;) .

Rip whatever. As a gamer all I'm wanting from the developer is to make the content work. Doesn't change my opinion on them if they use ripped work, unless of course I know them and think they could do better.

Gwunty
April 15th, 2009, 07:40 PM
I think the poll shows the info I need.

Spartan094
April 15th, 2009, 07:41 PM
UH no Snaf, you do learn from putting rips in HCE, it depends from person to person on what they do, do not assume they do the same thing and dont learn

You can learn the same shit using halo 2 rips. That's what we used, that's what your argument implies, and it's true. Regardless, this thread has ran its course.
^+rep

i started out with ripped content aswell but i became better and i learned how to make my own stuff

you people are starting an argument on the interent, its retarded to be honest, its like running the special Olympics, even if you still win, your still retarded, your just proving yourself to be ignorant and not listening to what is going on, so either stfu and gtfo out of this thread, its not your choice in matter in what goes in Halo CE, its the our decision, you SnaFuBAR and Hunter bitch alot thinking you run should tell what is for the better for us, WRONG, we have a right to say whats better....if dont like it? get the FUCK out of this thread and be quite, your just proving to yourself and others your like the other retarded people out there, dont comeback with some lame excuse saying that OH LOOK HE IS PROTECTING DIS THREAD, NOOB ALEART....

like CV said, this thread has ran its course so lock since the vote is win, DEAL WITH IT

Gwunty
April 15th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Thanks for keeping this civil guys, this thread has served its purpose. Sandtrap will include some ripped assets, unprotected.
/thread

Timo
April 15th, 2009, 10:30 PM
you people are starting an argument on the interent, its retarded to be honest, its like running the special Olympics, even if you still win, your still retarded,
That saying goes both ways if you didn't realise, SnaF isn't running against himself. You are trying to start a debate as much as Snaf is. There are two sides to the poll, remember.

your just proving yourself to be ignorant and not listening to what is going on, so either stfu and gtfo out of this thread, its not your choice in matter in what goes in Halo CE, its the our decision, you SnaFuBAR and Hunter bitch alot thinking you run should tell what is for the better for us, WRONG, we have a right to say whats better....if dont like it? get the FUCK out of this thread and be quite, your just proving to yourself and others your like the other retarded people out there, dont comeback with some lame excuse saying that
You can't be reading what you're posting, because you're being more ignorant that SnaF was. This thread was for discussing whether or not the tags/etc should be released (read the first post), not "we're releasing the stuff deal with it LOL".

OH LOOK HE IS PROTECTING DIS THREAD, NOOB ALEART.... like CV said, this thread has ran its course so lock since the vote is win, DEAL WITH IT

Well it does look a lot like that, because the op unlocked the thread for you to get your last word in, and locked it after before anyone else could reply.

Thanks for keeping this civil guys, this thread has served its purpose. Sandtrap will include some ripped assets, unprotected.
/thread

Don't add fuel to the Halo CE fire by letting your buddies get the last word in in your thread. You're not helping. Consider this 'moderator locked'.