PDA

View Full Version : Question about Halo 2 Vista(yes i checked the FAQ for this one)

gandalf27
March 31st, 2007, 10:38 AM
This may sound kind of stupid to some of you,but i need to know is there a blood gore feature on the game in which i can turn it off? I am under 17 and parents won't let me buy the game because it has too much blood. (I had to play most of halo 1 at my friends house and i had to sneak a copy of the pc version to my house to beat the other half) I have not seen this info any where else. It would be a real help for me if someone could help me out with this.

And i found this cool cover shot of the game:

http://a246.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/43/l_f49ff6092eba946a6bccf85a8af5b6ad.jpg

Limited
March 31st, 2007, 11:15 AM
Well, there wasn't in halo 1 and I don't think there was one in the xbox version of halo 2. So I doubt it unless its a dev command.

Metkil5685
March 31st, 2007, 11:24 AM
Most likely not, but a lot of games recently have come out with Family Settings. Basically being able to turn off blood, gore, explicit language, etc. It may, it may not. But, the thing is, there's not that much blood in Halo.

gandalf27
March 31st, 2007, 12:00 PM
http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/46/potd/1169420265_78.jpg

http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/46/potd/1167973714_74.jpg

http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/46/potd/1085840046.jpg

Theres plenty of gore in blood in halo 1(not that i mind it my parents do)

Mr Buckshot
March 31st, 2007, 03:04 PM
Well, there wasn't in halo 1

Turning off decals eliminated blood/gore (and bullet holes). If that option is available in Halo 2 Vista, blood can be turned off. It also boosted frames. However I never turn that off because bullet holes suddenly appearing on a wall can tell me that someone is firing at me or a teammate, and blood makes killing so much more satisfying.

Of course, running at lowest settings helps too (a la Halo PC on fixed function).

Gandalf, go to the Video settings and turn off decals to eliminate blood.

gandalf27
March 31st, 2007, 04:03 PM
thx for the info for turning off the blood in halo 1, but lets say you couldn't for h2v could some still make a mod so that one could turn of the blood?(NOTE:i dont mind its just when my parents are around i have to use it)

AAA
March 31st, 2007, 05:56 PM
thx for the info for turning off the blood in halo 1, but lets say you couldn't for h2v could some still make a mod so that one could turn of the blood?(NOTE:i dont mind its just when my parents are around i have to use it)

You will be able to in H2V and....wtf?? the blood can be turned off by taking off decals. H2V will have a decals setting, no "if"s about it

now, in a case of not being able to have it.....there isn't a dev command, if there is...I don't know about it

BobtheGreatII
March 31st, 2007, 08:10 PM
LoL, But the blood in halo 1 is so fake looking >_<

Xehsin
March 31st, 2007, 10:20 PM
decals off=no blood even in H2V. ;)

But Halo's blood n gore is nothing compared to other games. And btw.. im not 17 either, my parents are cool with it, because i am matured enough. :)

gandalf27
March 31st, 2007, 10:33 PM
decals off=no blood even in H2V. ;)

But Halo's blood n gore is nothing compared to other games. And btw.. im not 17 either, my parents are cool with it, because i am matured enough. :)
Wouldn't i love to have parents like yours!:p
For everyone else thanks alot for the info i hope its enough to convince my parents to let me buy it!

bfett9
March 31st, 2007, 10:45 PM
I actually have a knew question. Will they be realsing a new Halo 2 Vista Prima Official Guide?? like the xbox one.
Cover image(xbox):
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/0761544739.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Back Image:
http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/b5/78/7343024128a0aba674681010.L.jpg

Hotrod
March 31st, 2007, 10:51 PM
They probably will be because Halo 2 Vista is different from the Xbox version.

[MT]Slayer
April 1st, 2007, 02:59 PM
uhhh, my parents don't mind me watching anything except for stuff that has sex in it. Halo 2 Vista will be better still, if you had bullet holes, blood, etc., more realistic. If you had a really bad graphics card, like an Intel v(whatever), the decals, high details and all the exclusive video settings, most of them will be turned off cause your card can't handle it; not good enough.

Cortexian
April 2nd, 2007, 09:40 PM
It's a Sci-Fi space game that is based like 500 years from now, were you are fighting to defend the human race. Why do your parents care, unless you play it so much that you start seeing people that you hate as grunts and elites, I doubt it's going to trigger you to go on a school killing spree. Like GTA or games like that might...

gandalf27
April 4th, 2007, 04:26 PM
It's the concept of me using a gun to kill anything (human or not human) that disturbs my parents. I've told them time and again that im not going to go crazy and steal a gun to shoot people. But there my parents so they still think shooting or killing of any kind is bad. Yet they let me watch pg-13 movies where there is plenty of shooting and killing.and yet they still do not listen when it comes to a video game. I have pointed this out to them.

P-Thunder.
April 8th, 2007, 09:04 AM
If thats his parents wishes then so be it. No need to question them. When you have kids you might understand.

= ]

Xehsin
April 8th, 2007, 11:48 AM
It's the concept of me using a gun to kill anything (human or not human) that disturbs my parents. I've told them time and again that im not going to go crazy and steal a gun to shoot people. But there my parents so they still think shooting or killing of any kind is bad. Yet they let me watch pg-13 movies where there is plenty of shooting and killing.and yet they still do not listen when it comes to a video game. I have pointed this out to them.

Yeah i used to get that, until i told them "i am matured enough, i won't be killing anyone, and misbehaving with people either, its a fun game. And if i do misbehave or become more violent, then you can take the game away from me." =) And i made sure that i didn't go crazy and kill people, and i was ok. You just gotta get your parents to understand keep on telling them time n time again.

How old are you anyway? (just asking)

gandalf27
April 8th, 2007, 11:19 PM
I am in the 8th grade you figure my age out from that cause im not sure if were allowed to post our age. Also even if i do tell my parents that they can take the game from because they think i might become violent it wouldnt help because they know that im really good with a computer, and i would probably find a way of secretly keeping a copy of the game in the pc if they took it a away and that i would play it when they weren't around.(Of which i do not deny i would because halo is an awesome game to play and its fun) I like Halo but they think its just to violent. I am going to try and convince them that i will only play it for 1hr a day on school and maybe 2hrs on weekends. and then of course i will go crazy during the holidays and play for 5 hrs straight.Yes i know i like video games too much, but hey their really fun and i get into them esspecially shooter games like halo that have CTF and Oddball.

Hotrod
April 8th, 2007, 11:33 PM
Well, you can post your age if you want, but I recommend that you keep it all to yourself. If you want something else to tell your parents to try to convince them maybe you should try telling them that there are some other games out there that are a lot more violent and gory than Halo *cough* Gears Of War *cough*. At your age, you should be mature and smart enough to know that it is just a game and not real life, and that the game shouldn't affect your behavior in real life. Another way that might convince them is by telling them that if they let you play, you won't let it change the way you act, and if it does make you more violent, they should be able to take the game away from you.

gandalf27
April 9th, 2007, 03:15 PM
I have another question this really does not have to do with my first question, but it isnt in the faqs so it would be better to ask it here. Will fraps work for windows vista, and if it does will it work with H2V or do we need some sort of new in game recording software? I like to make gaming vids.

Sunray
April 9th, 2007, 03:16 PM
Yes. Fraps does work with vista.