PDA

View Full Version : [MISC] H3 Warthog Tires Texture

Advancebo
April 18th, 2009, 08:12 PM
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc292/Advancebo/warthogtires.png

Screencapped from Halo 3 by Bungie.
Edited and fitted by Advancebo.
So, credit to Bungie for the tires, but credit to Advancebo for putting it together and editing seams and such. (For those "people" that complain)

Download TIF and DDS files(for injection)
http://files.filefront.com/H3+Warthog+Tires+Textureszip/;13620792;/fileinfo.html

Halo 3 Warthog Tires Texture
Author: Advancebo
Description: Screencapped and Edited
About:
Screencapped from Halo 3 by Bungie.
Edited and fitted by Advancebo.
So, credit to Bungie for the tires, but credit to Advancebo for putting it together and editing seams and such. (For those "people" that complain)
Uses the same unwrap as Halo 1 Warthog, so just replace it with this one.
Also included is the DDS files for injection and the base PSD file with all layers seperate.

FRain
April 18th, 2009, 08:34 PM
This takes what, ten minutes?

Roostervier
April 18th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Looks too light, and put it ingame for us to see. Don't be lazy (then again, if you weren't you would've made them from scratch instead of screen-capping them).

e: Also, what's with the horizontal lines running along the treads? Should've spent more time tiling.

e2:Obviously this was a quick shop and it would need more work, but here's what I mean by darker:

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/7895/tiresn.jpg

Advancebo
April 18th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Sorry, I was lazy and bored.

Heathen
April 18th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Uh, whats wrong with screenshot textures?!

Honestly it looks fine.

Inferno
April 18th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Because it were stolen from bungie.
It looks okay 4/5 for looks 2/5 for effort.

Heathen
April 18th, 2009, 11:13 PM
I give it a 5 and my badge of approval.

Hunter
April 19th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Errmmm. Well done? Dont know what for though.

thehoodedsmack
April 19th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Errmmm. Well done? Dont know what for though.

Why is everyone knocking the little things? Not every contribution to the community has to be a masterpiece. The man has formatted the textures, shown us what he's done, and provided a link so everyone can use it to their benefit should they choose. That's why it's in the Releases forum, so let's stop acting so pompous, shall we?

No disrespect towards you, Hunter.

Hunter
April 19th, 2009, 02:38 PM
None taken. I would give him some congrates if he made them himself.

Malloy
April 19th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Someone post a pic of ingame results please?

-just to distract from this trivial conflict

Spartan094
April 20th, 2009, 05:40 PM
the screen capped textures arnt the best, i tried it out and its worthless to post the pic, its horrible without a diffuse that doesnt have the bump on it already with alpha's and such

Advancebo
April 20th, 2009, 08:35 PM
gtfo^

Spartan094
April 20th, 2009, 09:20 PM
so, still screen capping? dude its cool how you take your time to do these projects but it doesnt look all that good in-game

Malloy
April 21st, 2009, 12:51 AM
lol just post one :P

Hunter
April 21st, 2009, 02:53 AM
gtfo^

You ^

Saggy
April 21st, 2009, 07:03 AM
http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/5352/warthogtires.jpg

Definately not the greatest. They're way to light, but that's already been said. There are some tiling issues on the treads (you can see seams) and it looks very low-res overall, but that is probably because the source file was only 128x128 where as the original warthog tires bitmap is 256x256.

Roostervier
April 21st, 2009, 07:12 AM
You need to get the treads to match up on the side now too. Also, quit telling people to get out because they think you could've put a lot more work into something, because you could have. It's your own fault that some people are commenting as they are.

Advancebo
April 21st, 2009, 07:24 AM
You need to get the treads to match up on the side now too. Also, quit telling people to get out because they think you could've put a lot more work into something, because you could have. It's your own fault that some people are commenting as they are.

No, because he rips, and he thinks its more work to rip the texture from H3B. (Not at Zteam) (And he already has all the offsets, not made by him).

Also I am going to try to make the darker one you provided sharper and more aligned to the UV's.

Limited
April 21st, 2009, 02:15 PM
Uh, ripping and taking a screenshot and using that = same thing. Just different application of copying.

Malloy
April 21st, 2009, 02:59 PM
That doesnt look too bad... just align the treads to the hub and side tread :\.

Also this wont be very useful to CE users as most use custom content. I can imagine this being used with 'HMT5.something' for texture injection.

Heathen
April 21st, 2009, 03:23 PM
Uh, ripping and taking a screenshot and using that = same thing. Just different application of copying.
Uh...no its not?

How did you come up with that? O_o

Malloy
April 21st, 2009, 03:25 PM
Its still thieving from the developer..., Im pretty sure he was talking hypothetically, which to me made sense.

Ifafudafi
April 22nd, 2009, 12:30 AM
God let's just decry and indict everyone who's ever used content ripped or photosourced from Halo 2 or 3.

Seriously, the guy made a small effort to do something relatively new. It's not ZOMG THIS CHANGES THE LANDSCAPE OF CE MODDING great, but it's a nice aesthetic addition for anyone who cares to use it.

However, the texture (as has been stated previously) is far too light and low-resolution to be a significant improvement on the stock texture; it's almost a downgrade. I'd say take the basic layout you already have, bump it up to 256x256 (or go ahead to 512x512 if you're feeling adventurous) and add detail as necessary.

jngrow
April 22nd, 2009, 12:56 AM
Honestly, you guys are getting way too butthurt about this.

Cool, doesn't look too great in-game though. A few changes that were already mentioned would make it a lot better.

t3h m00kz
April 22nd, 2009, 01:36 AM
ADVANCEBO RIPS. AHH HE DOES IS RIP. ADMIT IT THAT YOU SCREENSHOTTED THE MODELS FOR THE TEXTURES.

OH SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH

Honestly I bet Bungie cares just about as much as Epic Games cares that I ripped their models for my mod. In other words, not at all.

Hey, here's an idea... let's get on CMT's case for ripping the Halo 2 SMG and BR sounds. Or everyone else for ripping Halo 3 announcer/weapon sound effects instead of making their own. It takes much more effort to buy a gun, fire it, record it, and put it in game than it does to RIP IT

Amirite?

Malloy
April 22nd, 2009, 04:08 AM
OMFG CMT RIPPED SAUNDS!: SPSPSLPSLSLSLSSSSSHHHHH. (If you say that aloud, it makes sense.)

no but seriously, I dont give a shit about people who use ripped content in mods, just dont expect alot of respect for your time and efforts for 'immersing' it ingame as I personally couldnt give a shit if someone made the most amazing tags for someone elses hardwork.

Oh and just to be clear, I was just backing 'Limited' because I agree'd with his opinion. No ones gettin 'butthurt' about the act of using ripped content, he was just making the connection between stealing from the source and then taking a low quality screencap and editing as Advancebo had obviously not made the connection in the previous post.

Hunter
April 22nd, 2009, 03:49 PM
That doesnt look too bad... just align the treads to the hub and side tread :\.

Also this wont be very useful to CE users as most use custom content. I can imagine this being used with 'HMT5.something' for texture injection.

:lmao:, They do? Most maps I see mainly on halomaps.org forums are just new crappy BSP's with same old vehicles and weapons. :p

Good times Lol.

OH SSSSSSSSHHHHHHHH

Honestly I bet Bungie cares just about as much as Epic Games cares that I ripped their models for my mod. In other words, not at all.

Hey, here's an idea... let's get on CMT's case for ripping the Halo 2 SMG and BR sounds. Or everyone else for ripping Halo 3 announcer/weapon sound effects instead of making their own. It takes much more effort to buy a gun, fire it, record it, and put it in game than it does to RIP IT

Amirite?

Sounds are a bit different. Well, its still ripping, but sounds are pretty hard to make, sound effects are a whole different topic.

Short answer to bitmaps = They look pretty bad. Try again? Maybe use some of your own talent? Or learn? (Texturing)

Limited
April 26th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Uh...no its not?

How did you come up with that? O_o
Hes still taking the original image, its just not the physical texture, its the texture rendered.

I have no problem its ripped, just dont deny its ripped and conjure up some excuse.

Heathen
April 26th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Its not ripped...
Its a picture of the content being used...

Limited
April 26th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I'll obviously have to dumb down my argument for people who take a while to grasp ideas...

"hay heres a screenshot I took look at my skills"
http://www.connectedinternet.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/halo-3.jpg
Not ripping

"hay I took a screenshot and edited out hud icons - this is totally not ripped cuz I had to do like manual work on picture for real"
Ripped
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4515/baracx.jpg
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5167/grenade.jpg

Its like stealing the sound effects using a microphone, you record the sound effects. Your still stealing the sounds, just not getting the original copy but its still stealing it.

Grasp it yet Heathen?

Heathen
April 26th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Yup, your trying to disagree with me I think.
But you are supporting my ideas.

Its not ripped.
Its ripped if you take the hud from the games disc itself. This is just using it as a base. This isn't ripping it, sorry.

Limited
April 26th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Yup, your trying to disagree with me I think.
But you are supporting my ideas.

Its not ripped.
Its ripped if you take the hud from the games disc itself. This is just using it as a base. This isn't ripping it, sorry.
Fine, we just wont use your implementation of the word 'ripped'.

He stole it, is that better for you Heathen?

Heathen
April 26th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Fine, we just wont use your implementation of the word 'ripped'.

He stole it, is that better for you Heathen?
hate to say it but no.
He didn't steal anything.
The screenshots are public and all over the internets.
He has ALL the rights to use it and so its not stealing, its using.

Face it, halo 3 screenshots is as much a source as the internet is.
E: not trying to be a cock btw.

Limited
April 26th, 2009, 05:49 PM
So, by your ludicrous thinking. If I take a photograph of the Mona Lisa. I can print it out and sell it for millions and I haven't stolen it?

Wow, why the fuck doesnt everyone do that?!

- Anyways Heathen lets agree to disagree, I'm in a bad mood and probably why I'm in an argumentative mood. We'll just leave it at that.

BobtheGreatII
April 26th, 2009, 05:59 PM
So, by your ludicrous thinking. If I take a photograph of the Mona Lisa. I can print it out and sell it for millions and I haven't stolen it?

Cause that's a dumb idea. :mysterysolved::nsmug:

joke

Malloy
April 26th, 2009, 06:13 PM

- Anyways Heathen lets agree to disagree, I'm in a bad mood and probably why I'm in an argumentative mood. We'll just leave it at that.

No Way...

exactly what i said to some other ripper.

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showpost.php?p=26315347&postcount=32

check time and date :P

e: Limited has a very logical opinion and it is ludicrous that other people don't agree with it.

Choking Victim
April 26th, 2009, 06:17 PM
If everyone's so against ripping, why is zteam still around?

*team disbanded*

MissingSpartan7
April 26th, 2009, 06:22 PM
why disband?
zteam has produced some good stuff for CE (even thought is ripped no-one is complaining much)

Choking Victim
April 26th, 2009, 06:27 PM
why disband?
zteam has produced some good stuff for CE (even thought is ripped no-one is complaining much)
I was joking.

I just find it funny how if you go over to halomaps, like 70% of the community is all "oh ripping sux" but if they see anything cad tags, they bow down and kiss his ass despite the fact that the content was ripped. He thinks it's amusing as well.

Gwunty
April 26th, 2009, 06:31 PM
I was joking.

I just find it funny how if you go over to halomaps, like 70% of the community is all "oh ripping sux" but if they see anything cad tags, they bow down and kiss his ass despite the fact that the content was ripped. He thinks it's amusing as well.
This x1000. Worst part about it is that no one has a decent argument as to why ripping is bad in any shape or form, just speculations that they pulled out of there ass to be part of the bandwagon.

Malloy
April 26th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Just shows the bandwagon lure over there then.

I dont think i've posted in a Zteam thread. No need to, although I do get a chuckle out of the occasional "OMFGX, nyce mod3ls and an1m4t1ionsssspsplshshshsshshs" post.

edit:

This x1000. Worst part about it is that no one has a decent argument as to why ripping is bad in any shape or form, just speculations that they pulled out of there ass to be part of the bandwagon.

Argument against ripping?

k

-Not the 'mod developers' own sweat and blood, often somehow the team will get a fanbase in which they are praised over for someone elses work and stresses.

-The concept is easy, pour ingredients in a bowl, mix and bake for an hour at 200C. (Although tagging and scripting does take efforts no doubting that. Just more respectable if everything is worked hard on).

but yeh, It just does seem like a ready to bake cake mix. (models are there for you, Mapping co-ords are there, oh huzzah there are the textures too, oooh whats that animations also yummy)

I have far more respect for finalized content like the CMT elites for example, a collaborate of a 100% authentic model combined with 100% authentic texture, something inspirational and more awe inspiring.

Each to ones own though, Some people can help themselves sleep at night if they argue against ripping not being respectable. The only respect I give is for the efforts of the 'port', tagging and whatnot.

t3h m00kz
April 26th, 2009, 06:44 PM
If everyone's so against ripping, why is zteam still around?

That's what I've been wanting to say for ever but never had the balls to, because I know the response would be "BECAUSE THEY MAKE THEIR OWN SHIT TO RIP WITH AND THAT TAKES SKILLZZZZ"

Which doesn't change the fact that it's still ripping and "thieving the creators." It's just a more complex form of ripping.

There's no money to be made from Halo modding. Not now, not ever. Unless of course the modders get picked up by developers IE Counter Strike, but we're talking about a mostly dead game here, I highly doubt that would happen.

Please, someone kick my ass for directly ripping UT2k4 models for my mod. I thieved Epic Games. I rip a dozen weapon models and skins, nobody gets on my case. Advancebo screenshots some warthog tires and everyone shits bricks. A bit rediculous..

Choking Victim
April 26th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Which doesn't change the fact that it's still ripping and "thieving the creators." It's just a more complex form of ripping.
IIRC After people started putting modded screenshots in their fileshare, bungie themselves said they were flattered people were reverse engineering their game, they were just legally obliged to penalize anyone doing so by banning them from live. If they find it flattering, I don't see how it's thieving them.

Edit: I didn't mean to turn this into a ripping argument. *walks away*

Limited
April 26th, 2009, 07:03 PM
To be honest I'm not a massive fan of ripping, but then again I dont hate it.

If some one was to ask me, I have my own sick models I made into tags, and I have some sick Halo 3 models I tagged which should I release? I'd pick the user created ones.

We all love user created content if the people can do it, but it if needs to be ripped, then sometimes it makes sense to rip.

Zteam may rip, sorta sucks but they have tremendous other skills. They use the ripped stuff like place holders to show off their OTHER work. Therefore it doesnt matter if its ripped. Plus you know they have skill in what they do.

Also Malloy, skyline gave me that line a few minutes before, I used it :O perhaps ripped it from him :omfg:

...Anyways, lets do a full circle and talk about the textures. They good, resoultion could be an issue but you cant really do much about it. The issue is the textures from screenshot have all the post processing rendered on them. In Halo CE, your sticking it in as a diffuse so it will look a bit odd.

t3h m00kz
April 26th, 2009, 07:08 PM
IIRC After people started putting modded screenshots in their fileshare, bungie themselves said they were flattered people were reverse engineering their game, they were just legally obliged to penalize anyone doing so by banning them from live. If they find it flattering, I don't see how it's thieving them.

Edit: I didn't mean to turn this into a ripping argument. *walks away*

Haha no worries I was actually agreeing with you, I was just saying "ripping" and "thieving the creators" because it's the main argument out of people on why ripping is bad.

Heathen
April 26th, 2009, 08:11 PM

People do do that. Its its own piece of artwork this way.

But sorry for being an argumentative little cockbag, I think I was in a bad mood too.

p0lar_bear
April 27th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Please, someone kick my ass for directly ripping UT2k4 models for my mod. I thieved Epic Games. I rip a dozen weapon models and skins, nobody gets on my case. Advancebo screenshots some warthog tires and everyone shits bricks. A bit rediculous..You know, I tried making a nice longpost to put some insight as to what logic might be behind this, but it dawned on me that there is none whatsoever. What da hale. http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-pwn.gif

Hunter
April 27th, 2009, 04:25 AM
End of the day ripping causes issues between people. So why do it?

Well, there is only ONE answer, because the person ripping is to lazy to learn how to make the constent them selves. So they dont deserve to have it if they are to lazy.

Advancebo
April 27th, 2009, 06:54 AM
I can make stuff. And yet, I rip.

Oh and look at what good use it has been put to
by Nugga117:
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r295/Nugga117/haloce2009-04-2519-24-37-01.png
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r295/Nugga117/ahobov1022009-04-2521-47-09-18.png

[size=1]--- Original message by: Nugga117[/size=1]
and no advancebo I didn't. I downloaded yours and edited them to the best of my ability.

BobtheGreatII
April 27th, 2009, 01:55 PM
I like them. Well done.

Anyone who starts another ripping fight after this post is a douche.

:downs:

NuggetWarmer
April 27th, 2009, 05:18 PM
RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP

I love how Nugga manages to make everything look awesome. :)

Roostervier
April 27th, 2009, 05:23 PM
It looks MUCH better.

Spartan094
April 27th, 2009, 07:05 PM
the texture is way better lol, but it doesnt look AS good as it should be since the original standard warthog tires model doesnt have any detail on it