PDA

View Full Version : A big old WTF.

Cojafoji
April 18th, 2009, 11:46 PM
So I was at a bar last night, with a couple of friends. Needless to say, we were there until the wee hours, if you know what I mean...

Anyway, there was this group of black guys, sitting across the bar, and I swear to god, they were trying to pick fights with us. Unfortunately, with about 15 drinks in me, I finally took exception to one of the things he said (something like, all Irish Americans, love cock, not potatoes), and I asked him if he'd like to step outside. So we did, and I ended up leaving this guy as a bloody pulp, after smashing his head into a wall. Well, the police show up about a half hour later, arrest me, and charge me with a hate crime. All of this friends insist that I was slipping racial slurs across the bar all night, but my friends, and the bartender all insisted that I was polite, and only after SERIOUS verbal abuse, did I ask the gentlemen to step outside to continue the conversation.

So I posted bail, and I'm waiting to see what happens...

What do all y'alls think?

thehoodedsmack
April 18th, 2009, 11:49 PM
I think you could have let it slide. But you ARE Irish, so it's in your blood. >:3 As long as you have competing sides over what you did or didn't say, I don't think they can charge with a hate crime. They need evidence beyond a reasonable doubt, right? I don't think hearsay counts. And you both agreed to the fight, so they can't get you with assault, can they? Maybe some little fine, but it shouldn't be too serious.

DrunkenSamus
April 18th, 2009, 11:53 PM
I fucking hate hardasses, even as friends. They always drag you into their unnecessary fights and they never stop and think what the repercussions will be of their actions. :v:

rossmum
April 19th, 2009, 12:54 AM
The bartender should be considered an independent witness, whereas the other guy's friends are plainly not. Hopefully the charge will get changed or thrown out.

Alternatively, make a huge point of him being racist towards you so that it's pretty obvious that he would've done the same if you hadn't beaten him to it. Just because he's black, it doesn't mean he can act like a racist fuck and then cry wolf when he gets his face smashed in for it.

DEElekgolo
April 19th, 2009, 12:57 AM
Pics of buy that got his ass handed to him.

ExAm
April 19th, 2009, 01:37 AM
Pics of buy that got his ass handed to him.
PROTIP: "buy" is not a noun :eng101:

Regarding Coj's situation, you should be fine. As long as the jury (if it gets that far) aren't completely insane.

flibitijibibo
April 19th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Bartender gives you a point, being black gives him a point. It's pretty much up in the air on that. Hopefully the judge/jury won't be too insecure.

blind
April 19th, 2009, 02:04 AM
Atta boy.

TVTyrant
April 19th, 2009, 02:59 AM
I hate that about the whole ethnic clash thing. I'm white, but the majority of my friends are people of color (blacks, mexicans, native americans, couple of indian dudes, some iraqi born refugee guys I like to talk politics with). I think its disgusting when people use skin color as an excuse for anything, especially when their using it against anyone. +rep for beating that asshole up.

DEElekgolo
April 19th, 2009, 03:01 AM
*guy

Can you say some details of the fight?

rossmum
April 19th, 2009, 03:32 AM
I hate that about the whole ethnic clash thing. I'm white, but the majority of my friends are people of color (blacks, mexicans, native americans, couple of indian dudes, some iraqi born refugee guys I like to talk politics with). I think its disgusting when people use skin color as an excuse for anything, especially when their using it against anyone. +rep for beating that asshole up.
but... but... having different amounts of pigment in our skin cells makes us either superior or inferior!!! :saddowns:

StankBacon
April 19th, 2009, 03:35 AM
that sucks bro, hit me up on xfire to see what i really think.

Bodzilla
April 19th, 2009, 03:57 AM
good job :D

Chainsy
April 19th, 2009, 04:06 AM
A real pro would have shouted racial slurs the whole time, beat the guys face in, convinced the bar tender to back him up, and to have all the females in the jury sleep with him during his trial, then get off innocent.

n00b1n8R
April 19th, 2009, 05:55 AM
I'm not going to make a racist joke.
I'm not.

GJ kicking the shit out of the dickhead, I hate those animals who act tough with the mob but are fucking pussys individually.
I wish I wasn't such a fucking pacifist (I have a hard time punching people who deserve it vOv).

mech
April 19th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Nigger, oh fuck hate crime.

Probably is going to be the bartenders word over everyone elses since he wasn't drunk.

Mr Buckshot
April 19th, 2009, 06:10 PM
if it were me I probably would've just GTFOed and not gone that far... (I would never fight people unless it's the only way out, like a fight-for-your-life-or-get-killed situation).

...but you rock for doing that. Congrats, you're my hero. That pugnacious idiot got put in his place. I know the type - they hang out in the parking lots of schools and litter their cigarette butts all over the place (I don't care if they smoke but they have no right to leave their filth on the ground) and shout random slurs at people and leer at girls. Amazingly, many of these blue-collar pugnacious gangs are racially heterogeneous. (it's the big organized crime that's typically single-race-only in Vancouver).

Sucks that you got in trouble for it, but you showed him.

Con
April 19th, 2009, 06:22 PM
I hope him and his chumps learned something

Sel
April 19th, 2009, 06:23 PM

I agree with what Bacon really thinks.

Heathen
April 19th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Isnt it a hate crime to give you a higher sentence because of your color?
If you were both black you would get in less trouble.
Am I the only one seeing the humor?

also,
all Irish Americans, love cock, not potatoes

What the hell :lmao:

FreedomFighter7
April 19th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Sounds iffy. I don't believe either of you.

SnaFuBAR
April 19th, 2009, 07:44 PM
I wanna bar-fight you.

Jean-Luc
April 19th, 2009, 07:45 PM
I wanna bar-fight you.
:agree:

Not the best way to earn friends around here FF7.

E: Actually, I think I'm going to include you in my next rant. It's called "What's Wrong in America."

TeeKup
April 20th, 2009, 11:46 AM
:agree:

Not the best way to earn friends around here FF7.

E: Actually, I think I'm going to include you in my next rant. It's called "What's Wrong in America."

Do it.

LlamaMaster
April 20th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Bartender gives you a point, being black gives him a point. It's pretty much up in the air on that. Hopefully the judge/jury won't be too insecure.
I was under the impression that all juries consist of impulsive fucktards. Can anybody tell me otherwise?

flibitijibibo
April 20th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Nope. I was just trying to give him hope, that's all.

blind
April 20th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Coja just told me this didn't actually happen.
Sorry guys.

ExAm
April 20th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Lolwhat. Jay #2?

Rosco
April 20th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Sorry guys.

believe this guy :eek:
but seriously, coja if you had a few drinks in you, everyone's gonna be all over the fact you 'shouldnt have drunk so much hurr hurr'

CoRg_ThA_sTuDeNt
April 20th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Sorry guys.
I can confirm this

Cojafoji
April 20th, 2009, 09:57 PM
lol this thread cracks me up. if I'd bludgeoned a black, i probably wouldn't've had enough money to post bail.

Sel
April 20th, 2009, 10:07 PM
becuz ur racist xd

TVTyrant
April 20th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Must retaliation rep...
/jk

Heathen
April 20th, 2009, 10:43 PM
lol jay