PDA

View Full Version : This game is so got damn good....

Inferno
April 19th, 2009, 09:45 PM
It deserves its own section.
Seriously why is there no CoD4 CoD5 modding section? It has mod tools and a modding community and I'm starting to learn how to use radiant and and the asset manager.

Wheres the love?

Syuusuke
April 19th, 2009, 09:51 PM
In your pants

well sections are based on the number of members who have interests in its modability (ha its not a word like modacity...)

Hey we could all vote for one...

Con
April 19th, 2009, 09:57 PM
It has mod tools and a modding community
what? where? Not here!

Pooky
April 19th, 2009, 09:59 PM
It deserves its own section.
Seriously why is there no CoD4 CoD5 modding section? It has mod tools and a modding community and I'm starting to learn how to use radiant and and the asset manager.

Wheres the love?

What good mods are there for CoD4?

rossmum
April 19th, 2009, 10:37 PM
CoD5 is horrible, hth

4 is ok though

Timo
April 19th, 2009, 10:41 PM
It will probably only be considered if there's too much CoD4 threads crapping up the Tech Talk forum.

SnaFuBAR
April 19th, 2009, 11:52 PM
cod5 sucks hth, cod4 mp sux also

Heathen
April 20th, 2009, 12:09 AM
I liek cod5

Huero come tell them.

Huero
April 20th, 2009, 02:11 PM
i enjoy both of them

Inferno
April 20th, 2009, 02:53 PM
ACE
X3
Modern Paintball (lol)
Modwarfare
Zombies
Weapons Game Mod
And plenty of awesome custom maps

Also CoD4 MP is so fucking fun when you play in a server with no noobs. The game plays best in 3v3 4v4 and 5v5. Any more than that and its just juggers and shottys and noobs spamming nades everywhere.

CoD5 isn't as good. It's just CoD4 with a skin and a few things that are totally fucked up like WHY THE FUCK DID TREYARCH NOT REMOVE MARTY!?!?!?

Pyong Kawaguchi
April 20th, 2009, 03:12 PM
BTD FTW
srsly.

Inferno
April 20th, 2009, 03:14 PM
BTD FTW
srsly.
BTD?
Yeah I'm a noob.

Pyong Kawaguchi
April 20th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Before the Dawn
Its one of the zombie mods, its the one with AI, unfortunately, COD4+Mods=FuckYou right now for me, so I can't play at all :S
It'll start the game, get to setting up game and just do that forever
:(

Inferno
April 20th, 2009, 03:24 PM
O right the one with the weird 2d looking zombies that don't animate because fail editor fails and doesn't come with a animation plugin.

My only real complaint is the lack of 3rd party model importers though. Custom animations I can live without but for fucks sake I cannot model in that shit radiant editor.

343guiltymc
April 20th, 2009, 05:57 PM
My god, where are all the COD4 mods? There isn't any "big" mods out for COD4 or 5, to my knowledge.

Needles
April 20th, 2009, 08:21 PM

Aliens mod, K3 mod, CTF mod, ace mod, sniper mod, zombies! v1.51 mod, smart a4esom3 mod, paint ball mod, and zombie madness mod. and BTD zombie mod.

The game by default blocks modded severs, you have to allow them in the filter. The sever browser sucks ass too, so it's hard for any modded severs to refresh. Whenever I find one it immediately goes to my favorites so I don't lose it.

Heathen
April 20th, 2009, 08:56 PM
No halo mods?!

Bodzilla
April 20th, 2009, 09:46 PM
we just dont have the user base or interest to maintain the section.

other sections struggle as it is, over-expansion inevitably leads to collapse, we need people to be interested and involved in the games we already support.
we have the player base, we just dont have the modding interest sadly.

Mr Buckshot
April 20th, 2009, 10:30 PM
I love COD4 too, but I think this site will only make specific discussion sections for games where enough Modacity members mod/make maps/etc. We have tons of COD4 players here, but I haven't seen anyone present a COD4 mod or custom map or anything, so there won't be a COD section...yet.

Btw, which golden guns have you unlocked?

LinkandKvel
April 21st, 2009, 02:00 AM
CoD 4 sux. FUCK MILE HIGH CLUB!!!

Rosco
April 21st, 2009, 09:30 AM
CoD 4 sux. FUCK MILE HIGH CLUB!!!

done it on veteran :cool:

I wouldn't mind a section for 4. General and mods maybe, because I like talking about it's plot and talking about good times on the game. All world at war did is tried to keep us entertained til IW brought it back home :)

rossmum
April 21st, 2009, 10:01 AM
o/

loved it, favourite part of the game (except for all ghillied up in its entirety, except FUCK DOGS)

Pooky
April 21st, 2009, 10:03 AM
o/

loved it, favourite part of the game (except for all ghillied up in its entirety, except FUCK DOGS)
dogs are fun to fight if you manage to jack one of the NPC's silenced P90's

rossmum
April 21st, 2009, 10:27 AM
got bitten by a random aggro stray at school when i was a kid, as a result i have a natural distrust of most dogs except my own

Amit
April 21st, 2009, 04:30 PM
ACE
X3
Modern Paintball (lol)
Modwarfare
Zombies
Weapons Game Mod
And plenty of awesome custom maps

Also CoD4 MP is so fucking fun when you play in a server with no noobs. The game plays best in 3v3 4v4 and 5v5. Any more than that and its just juggers and shottys and noobs spamming nades everywhere.

CoD5 isn't as good. It's just CoD4 with a skin and a few things that are totally fucked up like WHY THE FUCK DID TREYARCH NOT REMOVE MARTY!?!?!?

All those mods suck. COD4 has no community, it's jsut a bunch of random people posting shit mods.

COD4 is an awesome multiplayer game but I just don't see the potential of modding on the COD4 proprietary engine.

Mr Buckshot
April 21st, 2009, 05:42 PM

hey same here ;)

favorite mission was One Shot, One Kill. No Fighting in the War Room was also memorable.

Pooky
April 22nd, 2009, 10:38 AM
hey same here ;)

favorite mission was One Shot, One Kill. No Fighting in the War Room was also memorable.

my god one shot one kill on veteran :gonk:

you have any idea after I beat it, how pissed I was that there were like 3 easy ways out >_<

Inferno
April 22nd, 2009, 03:23 PM
Ac130 and the sniper mission were the best.

And also why do the mods suck so bad all you said was "BOOHOO I DON'T LIKE THEM" the ACE and X3 make the game a little more realistic which is fun. Zombies is zombies. Weapons game is cool because its just a interesting way to play CoD4. ModWarefare allows you to edit your class in game and do CRAZY shit. Miniuzi double tap anyone? Oh and some of the custom maps in CoD4 are AWESOME.

sdavis117
April 22nd, 2009, 04:04 PM
Why don't we have a section for Miscellaneous Modding? Maybe we could get rid of some of the less popular sections.

rossmum
April 22nd, 2009, 09:27 PM
That was suggested a while ago when I brought up a Stalker modding section, but nothing seems to have been done about it...

Inferno
April 22nd, 2009, 09:30 PM
Maybe we could get rid of some of the less popular sections.
Like Crysis and UT3 could be grouped in a "General Games" category.

Needles
April 22nd, 2009, 09:46 PM
All those mods suck. COD4 has no community, it's jsut a bunch of random people posting shit mods.

COD4 is an awesome multiplayer game but I just don't see the potential of modding on the COD4 proprietary engine.

The zombies! 1.51, zombie madness, k3,and sniper mod are amazing.

legionaire45
April 27th, 2009, 12:27 AM
I also favor a general modding section.

We could cut the total number of sections on this site down to 4 or 5! Off Topic and Tech Talk and the Studio could stay since they are the only places people actually post. News could stay how it is, and HCE, Source, UT3, what-have-you could be grouped together. That way we'd have modding sections with actual activity!

And pigs with swine flu could begin flying over the US.

Inferno
April 27th, 2009, 03:39 PM
That way we'd have modding sections with actual activity!.
Besides Halo CE.

legionaire45
April 27th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Besides Halo CE.
2 or 3 map WIP threads a month doesn't count as "activity" in my book, especially since few of those have been released.

Inferno
April 27th, 2009, 08:09 PM
What do you expect from a game that old. :rolleyes:

343guiltymc
April 27th, 2009, 08:20 PM
HL is old too, and there are still mods made for it.

Pyong Kawaguchi
April 29th, 2009, 07:44 AM
I wouldn't mind a COD section, then I could actually learn how to make Nazi Zombies maps and maps for BTD

Ki11a_FTW
May 2nd, 2009, 04:09 PM
2 or 3 map WIP threads a month doesn't count as "activity" in my book, especially since few of those have been released.

The halo CE section has the most activity out of the rest..