PDA

View Full Version : NEVER FEAR DOWNTRODDEN MEMBERS! THE WHITE KNIGHTS ARE HERE TO SAVE YOU!!!

rossmum
April 24th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Yes! That's right! No longer will you be trampled upon by those two minions of Satan, rossmum and SnaFuBAR! No elitist can stand up to the combined strength of the INTERNET WHITE KNIGHTS!!!!

ok enough of that

Who wants to see some sweet, sweet irony? I know I do. I live off of irony, especially when it shows someone up for exactly what they are. For instance, when someone charges in from nowhere, begins to personally attack respected members of the community for supposedly considering themselves superior (http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-hitler.gif) while all the while trying to use the date they joined the Halo community as some sort of justification, it kind of owns. Or, say, when someone cries blue murder after receiving negative rep shortly after they made a huge point of asking how to disable it. Or how about when they tell someone to stop assuming to know anything about them, not long after making huge and fundamentally wrong assumptions about that person themselves?

Or better yet, how about when they say they don't care about rep and disable it, yet continue to harass the dreaded elitists with negative rep at every opportunity. It's just so adorable that some members think that doing this is in any way going to improve the community, since they feel the overpowering need to butt into any dispute involving one of said elitists and then shit all over the thread in question for their own gain - OH, SORRY, FOR THE GREATER GOOD, completely oblivious to the topic of both the thread and the original argument.

However, the saying "you can never have too much of a good thing" is sadly proven wrong in this case, as the users in question time and time again register, take exception to something the rest of us would consider completely normal and often justified, and then proceed to devote their time towards toppling this horrid state of affairs. Apparently it never occurred to them that nobody who has two brain cells to rub together needs saving, as us longtime members have had countless messy disputes which eventually blow over. Naturally, the last thing this place needs is a third party who nobody knows coming in and aggravating what probably would have been yet another forgettable tiff between members, but that's what they do anyway. Interestingly, the newer or less-known users can be doing whatever the fuck they like for all these brave warrior care; they only ever attack the established members, the so-called elitists, and occasionally those who side with or defend them. I've never seen them go out of their way to criticise anybody else for their behaviour or attitude, even when Snaf's or my own agitated intolerance of idiotic posting pales in the face of what these members do. Oh, and let's not forget when the crusaders do it themselves, which is typically more often than their chosen targets.

You know who you are. What you don't seem to know is that no matter how long you've been in the community or how unfairly you think you've been treated, it is not a carte-blance invitation to go ahead and turn around to immediately do the exact same thing to anybody else. If you can't shut up and mind your own business, you may as well leave now. You will never be welcome in this community, not because we don't like new members and we're elitist dickheads, but because you have absolutely no right whatsoever to come to our community and dictate to us how we should or shouldn't behave. We have our own staff for a reason, and until you can understand that, you ought to find somewhere else. You'll earn the right to tell us how to act when you're a known and respected member of this community, and not before. We don't care who you are, what you did, where you come from or why you're here. If you think you can just join and then talk down to us like you're so high and mighty, you are an absolute cock of the first degree and more pompous than we could ever hope to be. Don't you lecture us about our attitudes when yours is undeniably worse and your motives are questionable to boot (I seriously doubt any of you crusaders give a shit about anybody but yourselves, as evidenced by the immense amount of contradictions you make relating to rep).

Once you realise what colossal hypocrites you're being and actually shut the fuck up about a non-issue most of the site doesn't care about, you'll be just as welcome to post here as anybody else. Unlike you, we don't act like fuckheads just because of past experiences which are no longer that relevant. Drop the attitude and stop arguing for the sake of arguing, and you might end up where we are one day.

Then again, most of us did so by helping hundreds of people. I wouldn't be surprised if more than half of this site's best artists hadn't only truly started to achieve without a push in the right direction from Snaf, which strikes me as exactly the kind of thing some elitist jerks wouldn't do. I'd also like to point out how on several occasions, we've tried to help members who were being slammed by the community as a whole. Some took it, some didn't. We didn't have to do it, but we did. We wanted to make a difference, not sit around watching someone hold themselves back thanks to a poor attitude towards criticism. Tell me, how many people have you helped? People who have previously done their utmost to insult you or hurt your reputation, who you would've been well within your rights to flame to all and sundry? Or didn't you even bother to do some research before making flawed assumptions, exactly the same thing you accuse us of? Fuck off, you fakes. We judge people by their attitude, nothing else. If someone we like at first turns out to be a complete racist dick, they cop abuse just the same as someone we see as a jerk from the outset. We don't care who you are, if you act like a prick and make stupid posts, you're free game. If you seem to be a sensible enough person, you're welcome here. If at any time your attitude changes either for the better or for the worse, so do ours towards you. It's not rocket science.

Kindly take all of this into consideration before clotting up our profile messages with your idiotic claims of elitism, bullying, ritual murder, or whatever other absolute garbage you've been cooking up lately. Perhaps you should take a look down your own backyard before being so quick to jump on people you know absolutely nothing about in a community you know absolutely nothing about.

It's been immensely fun trolling the living shit out of all of you time and time again, but it's beginning to get old. I shouldn't have to answer to you and I'm sick of being told what kind of person I am by people who in all probability know absolutely nothing about me aside from childish rumour-spreading. Do that elsewhere, don't bring your petty bullshit here. We have plenty of our own. Yes, I'm annoyed. Yes, this could be considered stirring drama. I don't care, it's about time someone told you wannabe heroes of the downtrodden how things work around here.

Thanks,

Someone who actually worked on being less of an idiot to earn the respect they have here.

LlamaMaster
April 24th, 2009, 11:44 AM
I'm not reading that. Stop making these drama threads, k?

rossmum
April 24th, 2009, 11:47 AM
If you didn't read it, then why in the fuck are you posting? http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-psyduck.gif

TeeKup
April 24th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Wow something happened while I was away, care to fill me in via a PM?

LlamaMaster
April 24th, 2009, 11:52 AM
If you didn't read it, then why in the fuck are you posting? http://sa.tweek.us/emots/images/emot-psyduck.gif
Because maybe I'm sick of you making these bullshit threads? Your threads are more annoying than what you are complaining about.

Edit: Oh shit ross -reped me because I didn't agree with him. Well god damn, I guess i'm at fault here. Clearly he isn't a hypocrite.

rossmum
April 24th, 2009, 11:53 AM
I may as well fill you in here.

http://www.modacity.net/forums/member.php?u=3248

Check out his posts, his messages in my/Snaf's/Freelancer's usernotes, and work it out from there.

Because maybe I'm sick of you making these bullshit threads? Your threads are more annoying than what you are complaining about.
Oh sorry! I didn't realise I was forcing you to read it at gunpoint!

Pooky
April 24th, 2009, 11:56 AM
If someone we like at first turns out to be a complete racist dick, they cop abuse just the same as someone we see as a jerk from the outset.
Dole.

Someone who actually worked on being less of an idiot to earn the respect they have here.
Me (sans the respect part, perhaps)

I count myself as an elitist fucktard for actually having read the whole thing:smugoff:

e: to said 'downtrodden' members, I was in the exact same position as you when I joined up at h2vista.net

by which I mean I was a shitposting drama stirring douchebag.

If I took anything away from the experience it's that there's absolutely nothing to gain from trying to be the abused underdog on an internet forum. Nobody here is going to give a shit that you got a horrible, unjustified -rep. All it did was decrease an arbitrary number assigned to your profile. If you've got a reason to be here (my reason for example is to follow mods and developments related to Halo CE) then be here. If all you want to do is whine about the aristocracy, then leave. You won't be any worse off for having done so.

rossmum
April 24th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Dole.
Bingo. Dole is exactly who I was referring to there.

MetKiller Joe
April 24th, 2009, 12:00 PM
..you have absolutely no right whatsoever to come to our community and dictate to us how we should or shouldn't behave. We have our own staff for a reason, and until you can understand that, you ought to find somewhere else. You'll earn the right to tell us how to act when you're a known and respected member of this community, and not before. We don't care who you are, what you did, where you come from or why you're here.

Good point. So, why not set up a system where members are screened before they allowed in?

TeeKup
April 24th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Bingo. Dole is exactly who I was referring to there.

What about that tard Digikid who kept saying homosexuality was a fucking disease or some shit.

Pooky
April 24th, 2009, 12:06 PM
What about that tard Digikid who kept saying homosexuality was a fucking disease or some shit.

That's not racism, it's just stupidity.

TeeKup
April 24th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Oh right.

Rob Oplawar
April 24th, 2009, 12:11 PM
People liked Digikid at first? News to me.

TeeKup
April 24th, 2009, 12:12 PM
No I'm pretty sure we just tolerated him.

Rosco
April 24th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Haha rossmum, stop trying. I promise you, NOTHING will change, the guys walk into the community with absolutely no idea how we will react to the dumb shit they post. Whenever we post anything, even if it's no different to someone that has JUST signed up, people will look at our join dates, and then go "fuck that elitest prick". Ever thought why I hardly ever post serious? I'm not going to get myself into a position where I have to pickoff every fucktard that comes into the community and questions me because I'm not digging their shitty memes or attempts at funny posts.

Honestly, I know you're sick because you can't get the mods to do anything because the chances are they wont, because most have a chance. Hence pooky. I know you're sick of it, and the ignore list is the worst idea in history, but it wont ever change. Not until this site requires a password to get into. Aswell as an IQ test to pass registration.

Heh, it was a good read though, I'm pretty sure nothing will change, but I guess you never know, but I do have one thing to say to everyone that has given shit to Snaf, rossmum or anyone. It's the biggest mistake you could ever make after being here for less than a fucking month.

p0lar_bear
April 24th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Also, I'd like to throw something else on the table here, and this applies to everywhere, not just these forums:

We are never out to get anyone. Every time these shit fits start, they're usually a result of someone new stumbling in, trying to shape everything into the way they like it, and then crying when they realize that the square peg doesn't fit in the round hole. I've never seen anyone I've held in high esteem go out to fuck with people for their own enjoyment WITHOUT said people throwing the first stone.

Also, Ross, what were you thinking? Nobody who's in the target demographic is going to read that shit. It's too long and sounds too angry.

Reaper Man
April 24th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Ah, brings me back to the days of #XBH. Gold, as always ross.

rossmum
April 24th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Also, I'd like to throw something else on the table here, and this applies to everywhere, not just these forums:

We are never out to get anyone. Every time these shit fits start, they're usually a result of someone new stumbling in, trying to shape everything into the way they like it, and then crying when they realize that the square peg doesn't fit in the round hole. I've never seen anyone I've held in high esteem go out to fuck with people for their own enjoyment WITHOUT said people throwing the first stone.

Also, Ross, what were you thinking? Nobody who's in the target demographic is going to read that shit. It's too long and sounds too angry.
i linked the bastard to it so he damn well better read it if he expects anything other than ceaseless piss-taking every time he posts

blind
April 24th, 2009, 01:02 PM
The only douchebag allowed 'round these parts is me

Kalub
April 24th, 2009, 01:07 PM
kay

I can has be eli73st? :saddowns:

Rosco
April 24th, 2009, 01:08 PM
kay

I can has be eli73st? :saddowns:

YOUR A NOOB GET OUT :giggle:

rossmum
April 24th, 2009, 01:38 PM
YOUR A NOOB GET OUT :giggle:
Your grammar is shit; why don't you accompany him?

(owned)

(you don't have to get out though)

(fuck this it's 4:40am, laters)

Rosco
April 24th, 2009, 01:53 PM
stuff and hurt

grammar is fine y u be hating? CUZ UR OLD?

Thread killed fast, lock or something.

cheezdue
April 24th, 2009, 01:53 PM
It rocks to be the nice guy in these forums.

LinkandKvel
April 24th, 2009, 02:26 PM
I'm not reading that. Stop making these drama threads, k?*agrees* All of these long rant threads are all the same. Older members basically dictating the newer members. These threads are completely useless. None of them are gonna change their attitude so why even try making these repeated threads?

L0d3x
April 24th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Lol dramaqueens.

StankBacon
April 24th, 2009, 03:26 PM
fail.

Terry
April 24th, 2009, 03:33 PM
lol. I don't really bother posting that much, but I can tell you that this community IS actually pretty elitist. Whether you like to see it or not, it happens and its pretty fucking obvious to anyone who reads these boards objectively. I'm not trying to side with anyone here, but I have to be truthful lol. There have been some pretty shitty posts by "established members" that wouldn't go well at all with newer members...and that's pretty biased to me.

blind
April 24th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Blind for mod.
I'll whip these forums into shape.

FreedomFighter7
April 24th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Wow, I actually feel some empathy towards rossmum. O_o

I'm not trying to start a fight, but I think these new members with the opinions against members are not without reason.

If you recall rossmum, the reason I can't stand you or some other people, is because I was treated so unfairly on the halomods forums. I think that these people might be justified. Karma eventually comes around to bite you in the ass. I doubt that people come here, see someone's post count and think "Oh this guys got a lot of posts, he must be an elitist bastard!". When I see a post count of over thousand I think: "Wow, he must have been here a long time, I think it would be cool to have that many!".

I may be easy to hate, and piss off, but I'm also easy to forgive.

Rob Oplawar
April 24th, 2009, 03:51 PM
ross doesn't forgive, he trolls into oblivion

Jean-Luc
April 24th, 2009, 03:59 PM
:words:

So says the newbie who called teh lag an anti-american euro snob :rolleyes:

Ross's point is that it doesn't matter where you came from, nor how you were treated there. This is a different website.

Chainsy
April 24th, 2009, 04:23 PM
ross doesn't forgive, he trolls into oblivion
Pffft, naw just makes you a nervous wreck. :)

NullZero
April 24th, 2009, 04:36 PM
Complaining is the cancer that is killing Modacity.

Cortexian
April 24th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Rossmum and Snafubar are such elitist know-it-all pricks! I think we should have them banned permanently from the community! Better yet, the entire Internet!

(I will now call their ISP's and file abuse reports with falsified evidence)

(No really, I'm doing it right now)

(Seriously, any second now they're going to be gone from the Internet)

Heathen
April 24th, 2009, 04:47 PM
That's long and I was going to read it but then I didn't.

Use the ignore list. That's what I do.

Keeps me out of "fuck your an idiot" arguments.

Timo
April 24th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Ok, thread over~

e: i'll be back later.