PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Surprise

Masterz1337
April 27th, 2009, 09:23 PM
So the scrub is a senior member. Didn't see that comming did you?

rossmum
April 27th, 2009, 09:25 PM
doesn't make them any less of a scrub~

Con
April 27th, 2009, 09:36 PM
I want to make a point here. This thread isn't going to turn into a shitfest, so if you want to discuss things nicely without flaming each other, then go ahead.

thehoodedsmack
April 27th, 2009, 09:38 PM
What point is being made? I don't really understand what's going on here.

Masterz1337
April 27th, 2009, 09:38 PM
I didn't do anything that different than you did with your Alt I once exposed Ross. It's a social expirement.

InnerGoat
April 27th, 2009, 09:44 PM
What point is being made? I don't really understand what's going on here.

Masters wanted to be banned, got banned, and is now here again with an alt account. No biggie.

Rob Oplawar
April 27th, 2009, 09:45 PM
roboplawar (8:44:08 PM): you know what this is
roboplawar (8:44:14 PM): this is me lashing out at you
roboplawar (8:44:51 PM): trying to make you look like the idiot here and shift the focus off of the fact that I had absolutely no suspicions, despite what I see in hindsight as numerous and obvious signs

In light of the above, I've decided I'm just gonna stand on the sidelines and see how this plays out.

e:

M4573R5 1337 (8:45:58 PM): it was pretty obvious i thought
M4573R5 1337 (8:46:06 PM): someonewho had a clear understanding of the game
roboplawar (8:46:15 PM): honestly
M4573R5 1337 (8:46:16 PM): fought on issues the same as i
roboplawar (8:46:21 PM): and, I hate to give you this vindication
roboplawar (8:46:35 PM): I ignored that account because it was a newbie
roboplawar (8:47:11 PM): as I readily admitted to you in a previous conversation, I typically ignore members with less than 50 posts, unless they're a complete jackass, in which case I tell them to stfu&gtfo

ee: totally off topic:

holy shit find of the century!!
No, this (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15454) is the find of the century.

rossmum
April 27th, 2009, 09:47 PM
I didn't do anything that different than you did with your Alt I once exposed Ross. It's a social expirement.
people defend themselves when personally attacked

holy shit find of the century!!

e/ I get it. You were trying to see if a 'nobody' would get slammed for basically acting like you, right? Well, I distinctly remember flaming the living shit out of you when you acted like your alt, so...

Masterz1337
April 27th, 2009, 09:52 PM
I've told you multiple times, go back and look at this acounts first posts. I didn't come here to troll, I came here making honest observational posts. The responces I got from people out of sheer ignorance out of thinking their side was the only right one is why I selected a few people here to target.

How many actually looked them over, and thought maybe this guy is onto something, he may not be right, and he may be wrong about somethings, but he is making some valid points.

The points screward brought up are the same points that many other senior members, moderators and admins agreed with.

Edit:

aww lookit dat masters public opinion is turning against you awww masters awww
If anything, it's otherwise. Obviously you can't see the IMs I recieve, and I'm not banned, despite being an Alter. And you can't see the rep I recieved on this acount either.

rossmum
April 27th, 2009, 09:54 PM
That does not justify what followed in the slightest. You were the one who made it personal and you were also the one who could've put a stop to it, but didn't.

Still trying to play the victim after all this time, how sad.

e/ I WAS RIGHT GUYS LOOK AT THESE IMS AND THIS REP WHICH PROVES I'M RIGHT yeah nice job stirring up the butthurt kids and attention seekers into an anti-ross/snaf frenzy, that's really an accurate portrayal of the community

Masterz1337
April 27th, 2009, 10:01 PM
I was polite and while not sugar coated, I was respectful, until several of you decided to lash out at me for having a different opinion. Like I said, if you could view my rep and messages, you'd see exactly what I mean.

rossmum
April 27th, 2009, 10:04 PM
I don't recall Snaf or I lashing out at you until you personally attacked us. Snaf may have done so in rep - I'm not sure - but until you started actually directing insults at people, I didn't say shit about you. Stop palming the blame off.

Heathen
April 27th, 2009, 10:10 PM
I was polite and while not sugar coated, I was respectful, until several of you decided to lash out at me for having a different opinion. Like I said, if you could view my rep and messages, you'd see exactly what I mean.
Hey Masterz :D

Didn't know screward was you either.

Masterz1337
April 27th, 2009, 10:11 PM
You have the most inflamitory nature of ANYONE on these forums, I wouldn't last out against you unless you did something first. I mean, I understand you have a medical condition that contributes to your behavior here, but you should be getting a grip on it, instead your a loose cannon. Need I remind you about the List, or the activity in the old conspiracy forums?

Once you got banned and came back you were a delight to have around, but I don't think anyone, even your closest E-buddies, would disagree in that you have serious rage issues on the forums.

Edit: So apparently I understand this can come off as a "trollpost", I'm merely pointing out that you and screwards issues is a result of this rage problem you have.

mech
April 27th, 2009, 10:13 PM
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3935/toad2.png
I see.

rossmum
April 27th, 2009, 10:15 PM
You have the most inflamitort nature of ANYONE on these forums, I wouldn't last out against you unless you did something first. I mean, I understand you have a medical condition that contributes to your behavior here, but you should be getting a grip on it, instead your a loose cannon. Need I remind you about the List, or the activity in the old conspiracy forums?

Once you got banned and came back you were a delight to have around, but I don't think anyone, even your closest E-buddies, would disagree in that you have serious rage issues on the forums.
Aww, medical condition, how cute. Let's blame Ross's short temper on a non-condition which does sweet fuck all aside from make him good at arguing at the expense of face-to-face social skills. Even I don't use that as an excuse, so I don't see why you think it's one. I know I have a short temper and I know I can really get stuck in when I want to. As it happens, when someone lashes out at a friend of mine - or, for that matter, anyone on this forum who has done nothing to provoke it - I want to get stuck in.

I would be a damn sight more of a delight to have around if people didn't persist in posting like idiots and shrugging the blame off onto someone else. I get that nobody else really gives a shit about these forums, but having seen first Halomods and then Gearbox get fucked up by morons, I'm kind of opposed to seeing this place go the same way, since we have nowhere else worth going to.

Masterz1337
April 27th, 2009, 10:22 PM
So you admit you want to get into the forum fights, that's eactly what an idolized forum member SHOULD NOT DO!!!!

I actually do care, about the future of the overall halo community, since I too, have been at all the places that you described. We just think the solution should be aproached a different way. I don't think your way has helped one bit, while you might have been able to help this community, by purging th morons, you just end up hearding them together at other places, which just creates more problems.

It's why I try to be proactive at halomaps, and I try to set a good example there, because I know there are other mod teams that do look up to me and CMT, and I can see my behavior reflected in theirs.

rossmum
April 27th, 2009, 10:30 PM
I don't think your approach helped all that much either, what with the point-blank refusal to shut up with the arguing and trolling and simply get on your merry way. Apparently all your time in this community has left you none the wiser. If you stop, we stop. Ask Maniac.

I don't want to start forum fights. I leave that to people like you, the ones who verbally attack someone for no real reason. I just stand up for my friends, the same as I'd expect any person to. Don't try lumping the blame on me - again.

TVTyrant
April 27th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Masterz, I think your missing the point. A web forum isn't meant to be serious, which you have tried to make both this and HaloMaps many times. Its meant to be fun. I'm not trying to flame you, I'm trying to be truthful. Alot of people dont like you because you stop having fun. You attempt to make a meaning out of all this, and there isn't one. Ross and Snaf are having fun. Zilla's having fun. If you read their posts, they enjoy every moment of it. Stop taking everything so fucking serious. Its much like the XBox live guys in Arby N Da Chief. Its just obnoxious. Seriously, quit troleing.

SnaFuBAR
April 27th, 2009, 10:36 PM
I'm having a good time and more importantly, people are learning skills from me.

rossmum
April 27th, 2009, 10:36 PM
If you read their posts, they enjoy every moment of it.
Sort of.

I don't enjoy long, drawn-out dramas because it becomes a bore. I find it amusing to make the odd highly-sarcastic remark to see if I can prompt a rise, but when push comes to shove, that doesn't really hurt the forums too badly. What does is when something gets dragged all over them like flyboy, Gamerkd16 (who actually became a decent poster, from what I recall), and Classicthunder (man, best poster). That is when it goes too far.

DEElekgolo
April 27th, 2009, 10:39 PM
I'm having a good time and more importantly, people are learning skills from me.
We sure are. :P

Rob Oplawar
April 27th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Masterz, I think your missing the point. A web forum isn't meant to be serious, which you have tried to make both this and HaloMaps many times. Its meant to be fun. I'm not trying to flame you, I'm trying to be truthful. Alot of people dont like you because you stop having fun. You attempt to make a meaning out of all this, and there isn't one. Ross and Snaf are having fun. Zilla's having fun. If you read their posts, they enjoy every moment of it. Stop taking everything so fucking serious. Its much like the XBox live guys in Arby N Da Chief. Its just obnoxious. Seriously, quit troleing.

Ok, I'll butt into the conversation here. I half agree with you and half disagree- this forum site, afaik, is meant to be a modding community resource, which means for the most part serious, while the Off Topic section is reserved for being fun.
Ross and Masterz definitely aren't being any fun right now, but I don't think they're wrong to care about preserving the usefulness of this community.

...ok, I can't resist posting this:
ross: piss piss moan
masterz: piss piss bitch
ross: bitch flame shit
masterz: whine pedestal flame
:rolleyes:

Masterz1337
April 27th, 2009, 10:40 PM
So the internet gangs stick up for eachother.... You ever wonder why you don't see CMT members backing eachother up unless it's about cmt?

How does sticking up and fighting for your friends acomplish anything ONLINE. Do the mature thing and ignore them, or simply tell them off and then ignore them.

The reason why I stopped shutting up and ignoring the behavior I saw was because no one was doing anything about it, and the effects of it was getting bigger and bigger, and despite knowing the problem, no one was acting.

I know I made things worse, but they do have to get worse before action is taken.

Masterz1337
April 27th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Rob pretty much summed it up.

TVTyrant
April 27th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Internet gangs? I'm part of a gang now? COOL! NOW I CAN WEARZ MY BAGGY PANTZ!!!!

Con
April 27th, 2009, 10:49 PM
A web forum isn't meant to be serious, which you have tried to make both this and HaloMaps many times. Its meant to be fun. Seriously, quit troleing.
While I agree that it should be fun, sometimes people can't handle it. Maybe the site can be more care-free along the line, but I can attest that we have to crack down on poor posting here.

I don't think your approach helped all that much either, what with the point-blank refusal to shut up with the arguing and trolling and simply get on your merry way. Apparently all your time in this community has left you none the wiser. If you stop, we stop. Ask Maniac.

I don't want to start forum fights. I leave that to people like you, the ones who verbally attack someone for no real reason. I just stand up for my friends, the same as I'd expect any person to. Don't try lumping the blame on me - again.
Ross is completely correct here. What we don't need is trolling to get a point across. What we need is for every member to forget their grudges and treat every member in the same way.

It's time to be a little serious here...
I think we have to change the way things work around here. If there's someone who's bothering you with their posting, or attitude, or their opinions, then just forget about it and move on. There's no need to make an argument out of it when it won't end nicely. If a newer member is opinionated, don't try to force them to budge. Personally punishing a member for their mistakes only makes you a backseat moderator; bad posts need to be reported. If the post breaks the rules, fine, if it doesn't then too bad. Don't allow yourself to become a backseat moderator because you can't get over something that someone said. Instead of flaming a user so they don't "get away with it", ignore them or report the post. The truth is, the mods can only let people get away with it for so long until it a backseat moderation infraction is given. We've let it slide for too long, so watch your posting from now on. I think the points have been made, and alternate accounts are banned, so let's end this.

rossmum
April 27th, 2009, 10:50 PM
So the internet gangs stick up for eachother.... You ever wonder why you don't see CMT members backing eachother up unless it's about cmt?

How does sticking up and fighting for your friends acomplish anything ONLINE. Do the mature thing and ignore them, or simply tell them off and then ignore them.

The reason why I stopped shutting up and ignoring the behavior I saw was because no one was doing anything about it, and the effects of it was getting bigger and bigger, and despite knowing the problem, no one was acting.

I know I made things worse, but they do have to get worse before action is taken.
I was reporting posts like a man possessed, so don't look at me.

(Yes, my own ones, too)