PDA

View Full Version : [TF2] If you could abolish a class, what would it be?

Bodzilla
May 6th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Demo man.

Phobalic: so I hear you're complaining to b00b about the demo man again?
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: I FUCKIGN HATE HIm
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: FUCKS SAKE
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: HATE
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: WHAT THE FUCK
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: 20 FUCKIGN EXPLOSIVES WHAT IS THIS SHIT
Phobalic: if it annoys you so much; go scout
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: i do
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: but a sticky in the same neighbourhood district is enough to fuckign own me
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: fff
Phobalic: every game has it's spam weapon, the weapon you tend to despise
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: BAN
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: SPAM
Phobalic: rockets, grenades, demo-men
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: 20 fucking highly damaing esxplosions
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: and a fucking hit to the face with their own pipebomb or sticky does fuck all
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: if you point blank with a demo or a soldier BOOM 80% health
Phobalic: I have an idea
Phobalic: lets go play tf2
Phobalic: as
Phobalic: wait for it
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: ffff
Phobalic: demo men
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: FFFFFF
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: i have
Phobalic: BECOME ONE WITH THE SPAM
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: i've proven the point time and time again just how fuckign easy it is to demoman
Phobalic: SHOW YOU FLOCK THE ERROR OF ITS WAYS
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: i can hold out an entire team on goldrush
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: BY MY SELF
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: with the fuckign demo
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: and i have multiple times
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: and been all
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: what the fuck
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: this is bullshit
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: SEE THIS IS WHY I HATE THE FUCKIGN DEMOMAN
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: and you know why i went demo man?
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: BECAUSE OF OTHER FUCKING DEMO MAN
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: SPAMMING THEIR SHIT UP
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: NOT LOOKING
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: HITTING AND HOPING
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: WHILE IN SAFETY AROUND CORNERS WITH GUNS THAT SHOOT AROUND THEM
-=AWOL=- Zilla baby!: FUCKIGN HATE

Who's with me.

should be fuckign 8 stickies MAX in his barrell AND on the battle field.
reloading simply removes the stickies on the feild, force him to use the pipe bomb and a hit to the face with your own spray = 80% damage (this goes for soldier as well)

make him the class he was ment to be, a FUCKING DEMO MAN

Sel
May 6th, 2009, 07:29 AM
I don't get it, the soldier has 4 rockets, which do about the same, or less damage than the demoman's stickies and pipebombs, and yet he moves slower and has less ammo.

buff soldier

ban demomen

Jelly buys ACoLOL server and demomen are banned

Bodzilla
May 6th, 2009, 07:31 AM
as well as the soldier needs line of sight to kill something!

"but he's weak against snipers!"
doesnt matter if he never has to leave his fuckign hidey hole

HATE

p0lar_bear
May 6th, 2009, 11:56 AM
I think that demomen's bombs should do normal damage when they blow themselves up. I don't see why the demoman needs the ability to pipejump, he's not as slow as the soldier.

Or, remove his normal grenade launcher, make the sticky bomb launcher his primary and do what zilla said to it, and give him like a pistol or something as his secondary.

I find it funny that Valve was all "yeah we removed grenades and it was much more fun" yet the demoman exists and is 10x more spammy than any class with frags. I can't count how many times a seemingly impenetrable defense is suddenly trumped by a demo rush.

Jelly
May 6th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Jelly buys ACoLOL server and demomen are banned
RL buddy bought a server. Need to get admin from him then ~BAM~, ACoLOL server.

Also Sandman is banned.

Sel
May 6th, 2009, 04:26 PM
sounds good to me

Bodzilla
May 7th, 2009, 05:44 AM
democritz.

public policy's:
Nerf the demo he's fucking gay.
pwn nubzors.

Needles
May 7th, 2009, 06:26 AM
I was going to say the heavy since it takes like 3 people of other classes to kill him.

Demo man is an awesome class.

Bodzilla
May 7th, 2009, 07:08 AM
ARGHHHHH I"M BEING TROLLED ARRRRRERRRRRRGGGHHHH

Needles
May 7th, 2009, 07:01 PM
ARGHHHHH I"M BEING TROLLED ARRRRRERRRRRRGGGHHHH

Nade spam ftw? :)

English Mobster
May 9th, 2009, 12:52 AM
I agree, 20 explosives is kinda ridiculous. Coming from an occasional Demoman, I'd say maybe 8 MAX. You can't kill anything any more with 8 than you can with 20 anyway, you can just cover more entrances and lay more traps.

FFS I managed to kill 7 people at once just by laying my Stickybomb traps and waiting for the team to rush into the CP without looking.

Pyong Kawaguchi
May 9th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Definitely Demoman, It is really a pain running around as a brainless scout with all those damn bombs!

DOMINATOR
May 9th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Definitely Demoman, It is really a pain running around as a brainless scout with all those damn bombs!
LOL, hope you are joking. cuz if you can't kill a demo as a scout you must really really suck at tf2.

Pyong Kawaguchi
May 9th, 2009, 01:33 PM
If there's 100 bombs, I doubt many people could beat that.

Sel
May 9th, 2009, 02:03 PM
If there's 100 bombs, I doubt many people could beat that.

you're horrible at the game

:frogout:

Pyong Kawaguchi
May 9th, 2009, 05:11 PM
no u

Sel
May 9th, 2009, 05:59 PM
no u

Even I can take out demomen as a scout, and I'm the farthest thing from a twitchy UT faggot ever :x

n00b1n8R
May 9th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Same, but that won't stop zilla saying the scout gets owned by them (what a scrub amiright) vOv

Sel
May 9th, 2009, 07:27 PM
No, demoman can still rape the scout easily in narrow corridors with one fucking sticky bomb.

ban demomen

-10 anyone who I don't love who supports them, or bashes any other class.

-10 to anyone who doesn't bash demoman

n00b1n8R
May 9th, 2009, 08:43 PM
heh, only -10 :smug:

Sel
May 9th, 2009, 09:27 PM
heh, only -10 :smug:
its not goin to you because I love you :downs:

Mass
May 13th, 2009, 08:22 PM
I got killed as a scout by a demoman yesterday
...but I was out of pistol ammo and we were in a fucking hallway

I have to say...well...soldier. I hate it because it's super easy for me to win as one, but also die from them... so same thing as zilla, haha.

n00b1n8R
May 14th, 2009, 12:29 AM
its not goin to you because I love you :downs:
:glomp:

Ifafudafi
May 17th, 2009, 07:54 PM
DEMOMEN. ARGH.

Ridiculously off-balance skill\effectiveness ratio. Take any nub and make him a demo, and he's as good as any skillful player of another class. Take a skillful demoman and you have an unstoppable one-man army.

nerf plx

Chainsy
May 19th, 2009, 07:52 PM
None, I love all the classes because as spy and I can pretty much fuck them all over, just takes a bit of brains and tatics.

ExAm
May 22nd, 2009, 06:07 AM
I don't know about you fags but demo is one of my worst classes and i can barely kill shit with it :C
Also I barely get killed by it. Compression blast + wave of incoming red nades = wave of outgoing blue nades + dead demoman.

n00b1n8R
May 22nd, 2009, 06:18 AM
Pyro is a scrub class, go get good at something cool (teh spyz0r).

sdavis117
May 22nd, 2009, 06:42 AM
I'd say Pyro, but only because I can't get five feet without getting burnt alive by one.

Sel
May 22nd, 2009, 07:19 AM
Pyro is a scrub class, go get good at something cool (teh spyz0r).

lookit this shrub

axeassins going to come after you

Inferno
May 22nd, 2009, 02:32 PM
Fuck pyro. They always camp me... fuck skilless engineers too.
I never play the game though because I'm so fucking pro and CoD4.

Sel
May 22nd, 2009, 02:51 PM
I'd say Pyro, but only because I can't get five feet without getting burnt alive by one.

That's the idea...

ExAm
May 22nd, 2009, 02:54 PM
Everybody has their complaints about every class. EVERY CLASS. That's a sure sign that the game is balanced and you're all just whinging brats.

Aerowyn
May 23rd, 2009, 04:10 AM
I hate the spy. :P

n00b1n8R
May 23rd, 2009, 04:15 AM
get
out

ExAm
May 23rd, 2009, 05:58 AM
I hate the spy. :PYou're testing me. Stop it >:U

Bodzilla
May 23rd, 2009, 06:15 AM
WHAT IS DIS SHIT?

u trol?

Phobias
May 23rd, 2009, 06:56 AM

Everyone hates the spy, but only until you get revenge.

That sweet, sweet tasting revenge that can only be achieved by inserting a butterfly-knife between the disks of his spine.

Sel
May 23rd, 2009, 03:14 PM

-rep

TVTyrant
May 23rd, 2009, 03:44 PM
WHAT!?!?!?!?!
FFFFFFFFFFFFF :frogout2: obvious trole is obvious

Syuusuke
May 23rd, 2009, 04:10 PM
I hate the tenth class.

FreedomFighter7
May 23rd, 2009, 06:16 PM
English class. :)

Jean-Luc
May 23rd, 2009, 06:21 PM
English class. :)
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c251/CN3089/Tags/unfunny.png

Just...no.

thehoodedsmack
May 23rd, 2009, 06:29 PM
Maybe Engineer... I've only ever seen them work well in certain strategic locations. Which would seem fine, but the gameplay is always the same with them. I'd like to see the sentry become more portable. Maybe if they could disassemble their sentries in their current state and move them into a different area. Though I suppose that could lead to a mass sentry build-up, and suddenly you've got three or four Engineers moving Lv 3 Sentries up to your front door. I don't know, they just don't seem to get a lot of use besides huddling behind their buildings.

Syuusuke
May 23rd, 2009, 08:36 PM
You never used an offensive engie? Their shotguns kickass. Sometimes their pistols.

n00b1n8R
May 23rd, 2009, 08:55 PM
Wrench has the highest crit rate of any melee.
And offensive engys are the best troll class:

Scout: NEEDADISPENSORHERENEEDADISPENSORHERENEEDADISPENSOR HERE
lvl 1 Sentry: Bleep! doofdoofdoofdoof
Scout :RAAAaaaw~

Sentry gets blown up? No worries, just build it again in a different spot. Keep them guessing. Never build past lvl 2 (and set up a hidden forward teleporter!)

Bodzilla
May 23rd, 2009, 09:31 PM
engys are easy to take down you just bad and mad.

n00b1n8R
May 23rd, 2009, 09:47 PM
A smart offensive engy is actually a bitch to take down if he covers his retreat properly (you can take out the sentry, but he'll just build another one).

Jean-Luc
May 23rd, 2009, 10:04 PM
A smart offensive engy is actually a bitch to take down if he covers his retreat properly (you can take out the sentry, but he'll just build another one).
This. I can cause more pain as an engineer than a sniper, and that's saying something.

Bodzilla
May 23rd, 2009, 10:05 PM
engys are easy to take down you just bad and mad.

n00b1n8R
May 23rd, 2009, 10:19 PM
Yes zilla, you're good at spy, we get it.

Bodzilla
May 23rd, 2009, 10:29 PM
not just spy bro
:P

Aerowyn
May 24th, 2009, 08:32 PM
That sweet, sweet tasting revenge that can only be achieved by inserting a butterfly-knife between the disks of his spine.

Naw, I prefer to have the kind of revenge where as a Pyro you just give little puffs of flame randomly and manage to ignite a cloaked spy out of nowhere. :)

Sel
May 24th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Naw, I prefer to have the kind of revenge where as a Pyro you just give little puffs of flame randomly and manage to ignite a cloaked spy out of nowhere. :)

God I hate your kind! :saddowns:

n00b1n8R
May 25th, 2009, 02:43 AM
God I hate your kind! :saddowns:
They are truly the worst. :saddowns:

TVTyrant
May 25th, 2009, 05:21 AM
They are truly the worst. :saddowns:
Nope. Best. Its all about the massive Pyro kill streaks holmes.

Ifafudafi
May 25th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Pyrofag here. Spy update was best update ever imho; my score skyrocketed because of all the noob spies forgetting that valve shitted up the unlock system.

Needles
May 31st, 2009, 06:33 PM
I just used demoman today with 4 other demos and my team and a shitload of medics on no heros. 3 of us got the quake announcer to say 'Holy fucking shit!' after a 22-24 Kill streak or something around there, love that class.

Dead ringer > pyro spam :smugsome:
Lots of pyros don't keep checking after the fake death =P

Sel
May 31st, 2009, 09:01 PM
Dead ringer is shit now that they nerfed it though.

Heathen
May 31st, 2009, 09:10 PM
you assclowns make me want to get tf2.

but my computer is shit.

Rook
June 1st, 2009, 03:30 AM
Gotta say get rid of the spy!

</3

@heathen you should be able to run it... just look at my specs and I get 30fps+

Sel
June 1st, 2009, 07:27 AM
Gotta say get rid of the spy!

</3

@heathen you should be able to run it... just look at my specs and I get 30fps+

faggggggggggggggggggg

ps

warren get tf2

mech
June 1st, 2009, 10:05 AM
What did they do to nerf the dead ringer?

Sel
June 1st, 2009, 09:43 PM
What did they do to nerf the dead ringer?

Takes ages to recharge, you can't get anyone with it because it's so fucking loud. Other than nerfing damage for 8 seconds it's fucking useless.

Heathen
June 1st, 2009, 10:13 PM
I just may get this.

Will when I shop.

WHats the walmart prices for this ogre?

Rook
June 1st, 2009, 10:57 PM
$39.82 (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5903226)

Was going to buy from wal-mart then they stopped selling it!

Steammm anyway, (cheaper). Orange box is $29.99 on steam and TF2 by itself is $19.99

Needles
June 2nd, 2009, 06:01 PM
you assclowns make me want to get tf2.

but my computer is shit.
I have a crappy 8600gt and run it on very high settings 1440x990 with no shadows and get 30-50 fps, I bet you could run it at a mid-res on medium settings.

Sel
June 2nd, 2009, 07:36 PM
I have a crappy 8600gt and run it on very high settings 1440x990 with no shadows and get 30-50 fps, I bet you could run it at a mid-res on medium settings.

8600gt isnt crappy

lmfao

Needles
June 2nd, 2009, 10:04 PM
Takes ages to recharge, you can't get anyone with it because it's so fucking loud. Other than nerfing damage for 8 seconds it's fucking useless.

Most people give up on looking for you anyways.
And shouldn't you be trying to find a quiet or uncrowded place to uncloak in? If there are only 1 or 2 people there you can easily uncloak and run off or ambassador headshot them.

8600gt isnt crappy

lmfao
To me it is, I'm so damn picky anything that can't play on the highest settings for a game is -_-. I want my AA too, I've NEVER been able to enable AA.

$39.82 (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5903226)

Was going to buy from wal-mart then they stopped selling it!

Steammm anyway, (cheaper). Orange box is $29.99 on steam and TF2 by itself is $19.99

Wtttffff????
My local targets and best buys sell orange box for $20 and TF2 for $10-$15.

Heathen
June 2nd, 2009, 10:18 PM
To me it is, I'm so damn picky anything that can't play on the highest settings for a game is -_-. I want my AA too, I've NEVER been able to enable AA.

as am I.

English Mobster
June 2nd, 2009, 10:42 PM
I run TF2 at medium-ish settings, and I've never really noticed a difference between low and high settings. I've run both, but high settings kills my computer.

I still know what I'm looking at regardless.

Heathen
June 2nd, 2009, 11:31 PM
well I am "demoing" the game with the full intention of purchasing it if it meets my standards.
I hope that doesn't count as piracy discussion since I honestly have all intention of buying it if it pleases me.

I doubt the company would perfer me buy a game only to find out its shit and trade it to a homeless woman for sex.

Rook
June 3rd, 2009, 02:34 AM
Wtttffff????
My local targets and best buys sell orange box for $20 and TF2 for $10-$15.

PC or Xbox/Playsation?

Console versions are a shiton cheaper.

n00b1n8R
June 3rd, 2009, 02:47 AM
I doubt the company would perfer me buy a game only to find out its shit and trade it to a homeless woman for sex.
They would prefer it so much, that they've made that impossible thanks to the magic of Steamâ„¢!!

Needles
June 3rd, 2009, 06:17 AM
PC or Xbox/Playsation?

Console versions are a shiton cheaper.

All 3 of them are that cheap.

Pooky
June 3rd, 2009, 02:21 PM
They would prefer it so much, that they've made that impossible thanks to the magic of Steamâ„¢!!

Not really, lol.

Heathen
June 3rd, 2009, 06:55 PM
Not really, lol.
They have no demo :/

Pooky
June 3rd, 2009, 07:00 PM
They have no demo :/

Er, I was saying that Steam isn't really perfect, it's not hard to 'demo' Steam games. [PIRACY DISCUSSION ALERT]

Heathen
June 3rd, 2009, 07:06 PM
Er, I was saying that Steam isn't really perfect, it's not hard to 'demo' Steam games. [PIRACY DISCUSSION ALERT]
oh I read his post wrong and thought it said "made it possible"
and I thought you were saying they didnt make it possible.
I was agreeing by saying there is no demo.
Forget it.

And yeah, there are cracked servers to play on. I really am going to buy the game most likely tonight.

Needles
June 3rd, 2009, 08:58 PM
oh I read his post wrong and thought it said "made it possible"
and I thought you were saying they didnt make it possible.
I was agreeing by saying there is no demo.
Forget it.

And yeah, there are cracked servers to play on. I really am going to buy the game most likely tonight.

Just be careful, some of the larger severs are pure spam-fest of explosives, but that's what the demoman is for right? :D

Abdurahman
June 3rd, 2009, 10:02 PM
Umm it's gonna be real hard to play it with your 128mb x300. That's like the lowest of the low right there. Maybe medium/low with fps in the teens/20s

Heathen
June 3rd, 2009, 10:28 PM
Umm it's gonna be real hard to play it with your 128mb x300. That's like the lowest of the low right there. Maybe medium/low with fps in the teens/20s
me? I know.

Heathen
June 4th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Well tf2 is done downloading. Im about to take my first steps.

n00b1n8R
June 4th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Protip for noobs: play medic
You can't - CANNOT - possibly do it (very) wrong. Keep an eye on your uber, try not to die (and so loose the charge), heal anybody who needs it, try to keep as many people buffed as possible and watch out for spys.

You get to see what everybody else is doing with they're classes and learn how the game works while also being credit to team.

(PROTIP #2: you should always strive to be credit to team)

Phobias
June 4th, 2009, 02:03 AM
Protip for noobs: play medic
You can't - CANNOT - possibly do it (very) wrong. Keep an eye on your uber, try not to die (and so loose the charge), heal anybody who needs it, try to keep as many people buffed as possible and watch out for spys.

You get to see what everybody else is doing with they're classes and learn how the game works while also being credit to team.

(PROTIP #2: you should always strive to be credit to team)

Listen to this man, he speaks the truth, but remember that as a medic, you're a target for spies. So keep an eye out and alert your team members of any spies/suspected spies.

Jelly
June 4th, 2009, 06:02 AM
Playing medic makes me mad because everyone is terrible at this game, so I run around with my ubersaw destroying peeps.

Aww yeah.

n00b1n8R
June 4th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Oh and don't try to battlemedik till you get better at the game (and have your bluttsauger).

Pooky
June 4th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Oh and don't try to battlemedik till you get better at the game (and have your bluttsauger).

Guy who owned a whole team on arena with my ubersaw here! :o

CabooseJr
June 4th, 2009, 03:31 PM
I love it when people bitch at me when I kill them as a pyro.

Needles
June 4th, 2009, 05:26 PM
I like the scout, how he can bunny hop everywhere and spam. I love to circle heavies with the bat and kill them with it xD.

ExAm
June 4th, 2009, 07:09 PM
I like the scout, how he can bunny hop everywhere and spam. I love to circle heavies with the bat and kill them with it xD.
I destroy circling scouts. You best watch your back.

Bodzilla
June 4th, 2009, 09:51 PM
not me exam.

i actually land on your head.

ExAm
June 5th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Actually yeah, you too. *aims up, replacing Zilla's teeny, tiny scout balls with bullets*

Rook
June 5th, 2009, 01:55 AM
Yeah I see your medic taking down 3 of my soldiers :XD:

Bodzilla
June 5th, 2009, 03:33 AM
Actually yeah, you too. *aims up, replacing Zilla's teeny, tiny scout balls with bullets*
FoN pwns joo.

Bring it faygoat.

u going down an gettin mad

Sel
June 5th, 2009, 10:56 AM
we should have a modacity pro scrim!

n00b1n8R
June 5th, 2009, 06:17 PM
And host it in South Africa so we all get fair ping!

Phobias
June 6th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Australia vs Rest of world.

Heathen
June 6th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Okay so I played around a bit.

I dont play the Medic often because its pretty trash with the syringe gun :/
I didnt even think about the Uber + saw :downs:

I love spy, engineer, pyro, and uhh....maybe a scout.

A lot funner than I had expected though really.
A LOT.

ZeitParadox is my ID boys ;3

n00b1n8R
June 6th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Trash with the syringe gun?
u trollin?

BACK IN MY DAY RAA RAA RAA

It has a 40 bullet clip. FOURTY! you can fill scouts, engys, snipers and spys with more holes then the other team's medic would be able to plug in a week in a few seconds. If you start getting crits (can't if you have the bluttsauger), you can take out demomen, pyros, enemy medics and even soldiers.
You're the second fastest class in the game, you have regenerating health and can pretty much get any random to help you (who wouldn't be interested in that health hose of yours?).

l2 BATTLE MEDIK

p0lar_bear
June 6th, 2009, 11:46 PM
I dont play the Medic often because its pretty trash with the syringe gun :/

Medic is not an offense class except in very certain circumstances. Your role as a medic is to heal your team and supply forward attackers with temporary invincibility (Ubercharge) for pushes. Battle medic is reserved for when your medic buddy suddenly catches a case of Downs Syndrome and you need to bail.

n00b1n8R
June 6th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Medic is not an offense class except in very certain circumstances. Your role as a medic is to heal your team and supply forward attackers with temporary invincibility (Ubercharge) for pushes. Battle medic is reserved for when your medic buddy suddenly catches a case of Downs Syndrome and you need to bail.
^sucks at tf2
go back to your precious 360, let the real men handle this.

Heathen
June 6th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Trash with the syringe gun?
u trollin?

BACK IN MY DAY RAA RAA RAA

It has a 40 bullet clip. FOURTY! you can fill scouts, engys, snipers and spys with more holes then the other team's medic would be able to plug in a week in a few seconds. If you start getting crits (can't if you have the bluttsauger), you can take out demomen, pyros, enemy medics and even soldiers.
You're the second fastest class in the game, you have regenerating health and can pretty much get any random to help you (who wouldn't be interested in that health hose of yours?).

l2 BATTLE MEDIK
Haha, let me rephrase that, I suck with the syringe gun.

Rofl.

^sucks at tf2
Fyi I fucking suck at PC games so I am hoping tf2 can change this.

Bodzilla
June 7th, 2009, 12:09 AM
Fyi I fucking suck comparatively at PC games when i'm compared to the average user base because consoles are filled with hopeless retards.
so I am hoping tf2 can change this.
i wish to become enlightened.
ftfy

Rook
June 7th, 2009, 03:24 AM
Haha, let me rephrase that, I suck with the syringe gun.

Rofl.

Fyi I fucking suck at PC games so I am hoping tf2 can change this.

Whats your steam ID?

Been playing about a month myself.. the 2 classes I'm ok at is soldier and medic. Sometimes scout.

How can anyone play the fucking demoman. :confused:

p0lar_bear
June 7th, 2009, 03:39 AM
^sucks at tf2

Vanilla Medic best Medic.

Phobias
June 7th, 2009, 04:03 AM

Better question: how can anyone not play the demoman?

Bodzilla
June 7th, 2009, 04:12 AM
zing mr phobo.

Rook, i have no idea how you could possibly have trouble playing him.

n00b1n8R
June 7th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Forget the grenade launcher except for dead slow/dead ahead targets. Don't forget to charge the stickys if you need it to go further faster, set up "backup plans" on your way into hotspots. learn how to sticky jump and know some good places to do it.

HTH

Sever
June 7th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Oh bullshit - I take out Heavies with my Blutsaugher. Fucking Heavies.

n00b1n8R
June 7th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Pretty sure the bluttsauger physically cannot kill a full health heavy in 1 clip.

Phobias
June 7th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Blutt does 3 damage per needle, doesn't it?

3 clips to kill a heavy :S

Needles
June 7th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Whats your steam ID?

Been playing about a month myself.. the 2 classes I'm ok at is soldier and medic. Sometimes scout.

Learn to nade spam, bunny hop and aim well, and how to kamikaze yourself.

Any sever with the map warpath is a great place to practice at.
I got this new thing on quake sounds where the announcer said ' Smell [[Fug]Needles\TG/'s smell, bitches", then it played a 30 sec. music clip of some song with the lyrics 'Smell me' a lot xD. Just hide, spam, send out stickies, get a medic, repeat.

Heathen
June 7th, 2009, 05:06 PM
ftfy
Pretty much actually.

Whats your steam ID?
ZeitParadox
I suck as the soldier.
and I FUCKING KNOW.

LlamaMaster
June 7th, 2009, 05:11 PM
I'm fantastic at all the classes, sooooo.....

:smugsome:

Okay fine Soldier and Demo are my weak points...

n00b1n8R
June 7th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Pretty much actually.

ZeitParadox
I suck as the soldier.
and I FUCKING KNOW.
1 point and click
2 rocket jump
3 ????
4 KRIT RAWKET!!

Also, i fail hard at sniper (lol aiming) and i'm not terrific at demo either.

Bodzilla
June 7th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Learn to nade spam, bunny hop and aim well, and how to kamikaze yourself.

Any sever with the map warpath is a great place to practice at.
I got this new thing on quake sounds where the announcer said ' Smell [[Fug]Needles\TG/'s smell, bitches", then it played a 30 sec. music clip of some song with the lyrics 'Smell me' a lot xD. Just hide, spam, send out stickies, get a medic, repeat.
ERRGGHHH

you are the worst!
the worst.

spam :fail:

Heathen
June 7th, 2009, 08:16 PM
So a few questions.
1. What the hell is the compression blast do?

2. The Demo can gtfo.

3. What does the piss jars actually do? Besides soak me in piss.

4. Is it wrong to love spawn camping so much?

ExAm
June 7th, 2009, 08:27 PM
1 point and click
2 rocket jump
3 ????
4 KRIT RAWKET!!

Also, i fail hard at sniper (lol aiming) and i'm not terrific at demo either.
You have to play soldier for a while and get a feel for the rocket speed and physics. You can be complete shit with it for a long time before then. I couldn't kill anyone until i played on a class restricted lowgrav map where that was the only class available. I had a lot of fun rocketjumping around, refined my soldier strategy. Now I actually use soldier.

ExAm
June 7th, 2009, 08:31 PM
So a few questions.
Reflects enemy rockets and changes the team color of enemy demo grenades.
2. The Demo can gtfo.
Agreed.
Causes enemies to take 50% more damage/extinguishes fire on teammates.
No :downs:.

n00b1n8R
June 7th, 2009, 08:48 PM
So a few questions.
Reflects enemy rocket and flairguns to exactly where you aim, pushes stickies off walls and changes the team/pushes back grenades (they become yours though so they can still hurt you). Can also put out burning teammates as of an update a week or two back.

2. The Demo can gtfo.
No you.

Makes anybody covered in piss take minicrits (+20% damage, deffenetly not 50 lol). Also makes cloaked spys show up (invisible man dripping piss) and puts out teammates who are on fire.

Yes.
better answers in bold :eng101:

Heathen
June 7th, 2009, 09:42 PM
better answers in bold :eng101:
WELL ITS FUN :saddowns:

also this is very fun.

Phobias
June 7th, 2009, 11:02 PM
So a few questions.

2. The Demo can gtfo.

You like camping yet you don't like the demo :confused:

Rook
June 7th, 2009, 11:33 PM
You like camping yet you don't like the demo :confused:

Likley story because the demo grenades fail :fail:

n00b1n8R
June 7th, 2009, 11:42 PM
STOP USING GRENADES
ONLY USE THE STICKIES
PLAY LIKE A PRO

Rook
June 8th, 2009, 01:58 AM
At least you're trying but I prefer the solider rockets. :D:D

p0lar_bear
June 8th, 2009, 02:59 AM
As much as we all bitch about crit rockets, being on the delivery end of one feels so good.

It saddens me that I lack the depth perception to be a truly effective soldier.

Seriously, I cannot aim rockets to save my life. :(

ExAm
June 8th, 2009, 04:32 AM
i do not complain about crit rockets for I find nothing wrong with them |:

Bodzilla
June 8th, 2009, 06:11 AM
me either.

the only time i winge is like, you come around a corner and you get blind sided by a fucking crit without them doing anything to earn it.

then it's al
RAAWWWRRr
but thats accross the board.

Needles
June 8th, 2009, 07:53 AM
ERRGGHHH

you are the worst!
the worst.

spam :fail:

There's no other point to the demoman then spam :D. If you can put out lots of stickies on a battle field it also does good.
And when you get good aim with the nade luancher, it only takes about 3 direct hits to kill a heavy, which is :iamafag:.

Heathen
June 8th, 2009, 07:47 PM
As much as we all bitch about crit rockets, being on the delivery end of one feels so good.

It saddens me that I lack the depth perception to be a truly effective soldier.

Seriously, I cannot aim rockets to save my life. :(
Might have something to do with my shitty computer, but I cant aim for shit either. AND my computer is SO bad that the only map I can play decently is cp_orange_x3 or whatever.

ExAm
June 8th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Might have something to do with my shitty computer, but I cant aim for shit either. AND my computer is SO bad that the only map I can play decently is cp_orange_x3 or whatever.*ahem* (http://www.overclock.net/computer-peripherals/173255-cs-s-mouse-optimization-guide.html)

Proper setup helps loads.

Heathen
June 9th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Uh, I think I'd rather suck.

p0lar_bear
June 9th, 2009, 12:55 AM
For a second I thought I was in the Articles Funny Random thread. :lol:

ExAm
June 9th, 2009, 02:16 AM
The only real important part is disabling mouse acceleration. Ignore the rest d:

Good_Apollo
June 20th, 2009, 02:01 AM
New here, but I play TF2. I can say Scouts and Demomen can go fuck themselves. I play both classes enough to know how much they such, especially in the hands of someone who really knows what the fuck they are doing.

Also, Pyro is a waste of a class, just delete it.

itszutak
June 20th, 2009, 02:14 AM
*ahem* (http://www.overclock.net/computer-peripherals/173255-cs-s-mouse-optimization-guide.html)

Proper setup helps loads.
holy shit CS:S is srs business

ExAm
June 20th, 2009, 02:52 AM
Like I said, just the mouse acceleration part.

Botolf
June 20th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Truth.

In upside-down land.

Phobias
June 28th, 2009, 04:18 AM
New here, but I play TF2. I can say Scouts and Demomen can go fuck themselves. I play both classes enough to know how much they such, especially in the hands of someone who really knows what the fuck they are doing.

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWLINGGGGGGG INNNNNNNNNN MYYYY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!

Seriously though, scouts and pyros are awesome. Learn to use them and learn how to abuse them.

Ifafudafi
June 28th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Despite popular opinion, Pyros don't work very well using the W+MOUSE1 tactic; jump off ledges, wait around corners, and do whatever you can to make sure they're dead before they know it. A good pyro can easily dominate the scoreboards and the other team; and don't get me started on the damage uberpyros can cause.

Scouts and demos can suck my giant black

Sel
June 28th, 2009, 01:00 PM

:frogout:

Despite popular opinion, Pyros don't work very well using the W+MOUSE1 tactic; jump off ledges, wait around corners, and do whatever you can to make sure they're dead before they know it. A good pyro can easily dominate the scoreboards and the other team; and don't get me started on the damage uberpyros can cause.

Inviting to the axeassins, berb.

ps :

UHBZ7SfocP8

Botolf
June 28th, 2009, 04:24 PM
I agree with all of this. Real W + Mouse 1 Pyros are child's play to deal with, due to the fact that they're so predictable.

As Scout: Backpedal and put yourself out of reach with your speed. Simple stuff. Use your Bonk or Sandman if you need more time to get away.

As Pyro: Strafe and lead him into a steady wall of flame. Let him come to you.

As Soldier: True W+M1s won't be airblasting, so blast the hapless Pyro, yes? If he's really close, you can always rocket jump into the air, affording you more time and giving you an excellent vantage point to kill him.

As Demo: Stickies or grenades, really simple stuff, and really effective against a charging Pyro.

As Heavy: Chaingun or fists will make quick work of him (you have the health to spare to take him in most cases, even if he ambushes).

As Medic: Strafe and use your Bloodsucker.

As Sniper: For obvious reasons, the odds are not in your favor. If you've got Jarate, use it to dissuade him from attack or use it to put yourself out and escape.

As Engineer: Like above, the odds are not in your favor if you don't have sentry cover. Use your pistol to wear down his health from range, switching to your shotgun when he closes.

As Spy: You're fucked. But really, don't get in the Pyro's way if you can't help it. He's your hard counter (duh).

Playing as most classes, you can also use a charging W+M1 Pyro's strategy against him. It's risky, but you can charge into the Pyro, giving you striking distance with a melee weapon at his flank and ultimately disrupting his forward momentum. He won't expect it.

Botolf
June 29th, 2009, 07:33 PM
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=908266

A half hour or so ago, I was in my regular Vanilla server, playing Demoman. It was in Granary, and our side just captured the middle point, so, while most went through the main left entrance, me and another Demoman went through the right entrance. Right as we turned the corner into the field, a Pyro W + M1ed us out of NOWHERE. I mean, he was just waiting around the corner and bam, we're dead. We tried lobbing grenades, but he just airblasted them back right in our face (We were going to turn around and run, but it wouldn't of mattered since Pyros are faster)

What kind of W + M1 bull♥♥♥♥ is this? Pyro's really need to be nerfed so they don't W + M1 as much.So, in essence:

- He walked into an ambush
- The Pyro used his airblast to deflect the grenades
- He couldn't even kill the single Pyro with his Demo buddy
- He doesn't have a clue what W+M1 actually means (read: not ambushing and not airblasting)

Motion to nuke dumb people from orbit.

Chainsy
June 29th, 2009, 08:51 PM
People under estimate the spy's revolver oh-so-much, especially pyros, so many have met their fate when they have charged me. :)
Also with the engie do a few shottie blasts then go to your pistol, you have a shitload of ammo for that thing, you can easily keep out of its reach while back pedaling given you don't run into anything.

ExAm
June 29th, 2009, 08:51 PM
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=908266

So, in essence:

- He walked into an ambush
- The Pyro used his airblast to deflect the grenades
- He couldn't even kill the single Pyro with his Demo buddy
- He doesn't have a clue what W+M1 actually means (read: not ambushing and not airblasting)

Motion to nuke dumb people from orbit.I vote Kinetic Bombardment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_bombardment).

n00b1n8R
June 30th, 2009, 01:01 AM
Why don't we just exterminatus the whole planet to make sure we don't miss any of them. It's a small price to pay to prevent that stupid potentially infecting the stars.

Pooky
June 30th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Virus bombs, go!

n00b1n8R
June 30th, 2009, 02:21 AM
Virus bombs won't get those underground quickly enough, we need cyclonic torpedos.

Pooky
June 30th, 2009, 02:30 AM
Or you could just be a real man and use both.

n00b1n8R
June 30th, 2009, 02:43 AM
THE IMPERIUM DOES NOT HAVE UNLIMITED RESOURCES, WASTE IS HERESY *BLAM*

(besides which, you're blowing up the fucking planet, no point in pouring viruses on it to boot)

Pooky
June 30th, 2009, 02:46 AM
Nonono, you use the virus bombs first to turn everything organic on the planet into a nice combustible mush, then you set it on fire.

Bodzilla
June 30th, 2009, 02:53 AM
i have no idea what just happened.

noobs bad, scouts good.

English Mobster
June 30th, 2009, 03:57 AM
I am a fail at all classes.

Let me do a rundown:
Pyro: I try ambushes and succeed at getting people to run away. My flaw with this class is that I CAN'T KILL ANOTHER FUCKING PYRO. I know how, but they just LOLCHARGE me with their axe, and then I'm trying to counter with a shotgun, and... I die.
Oh, and Sentries. Lots of Sentries.
Medic: I am a defensive Medic. In Arena mode, I'm almost ALWAYS the last one left, and, well... I don't kill anything worth shit. Saw does NOTHING, even to an obvious spy who I know is praying to god no one is noticing how shitty he is.
Soldier: To be honest, Soldier was the first class I played, EVER (I was like, FUCK THAT OTHER SHIT, I GOT A ROCKET LAWNCHAIR!). I've only logged 30 minutes as him and I really haven't played him much.
Engineer: My favorite class. I hide behind my Sentry and wait for retarded Spies to try to kill me before they do the Sentry. My problem is that NO ONE EVER RESPONDS TO MY CRIES OF SPY CHECK. But, using my Engie and a Spawn-Camping Sentry, I did get a shitload of Dominations.
Scout: This guy I'm pretty good at. I haven't done anything notable, I don't kill a lot of people, but I don't die a lot either. I typically run behind the front lines and soften up everyone on the other team, so my team can wipe them out. I'm fail because I can't kill anything. If I spend too much time trying to kill one guy, a Pyro is sure to come and fuck me in the ass. Also, I can't kill fast-moving classes, like another Scout.
Spy: I am starting to get good at the Spy. Just now. I disguise as someone on my own team in the setup phase so they don't think we have a spy, then I run out, change disguises, and go to town. The "going to town" part used to be a lot harder for some reason, but I'm ACTUALLY GETTING KILLS NOW. Also, the first time I used my new strategy was against Heathen. Poor sap didn't even know I was a spy until it was too late.
Heavy: I can NOT get kills with the Heavy. I've tried, but my kill count is laughable. I don't get how people can rack up the kills if I can barely get one against a Scout, I do EVERYTHING the same as the high-scoring people.
Sniper: I have used this class the least. 15 minutes worth of play time, 1 kill. Wasn't even a headshot. It's just I can't find good spots to set up camp that aren't "'predicable Sniper spots", where I am ALWAYS killed by other snipers.
Demoman: I've used this class increasingly more recently. He's mostly my anti-Sentry guy, so I use him to remove an Engie's makeshift base from the map. Some poor Engie kept trying to set up underwater Sentries on 2Fort. Every time he went back to get metal, I blew up his Sentry. Eventually, I started waiting before I triggered my Stickies, sending the Engie to Kingdom Come.
And he fell for it.
Every.
Damn.
Time.
I never really had a chance to use him on the front lines, but when I have, I just CAN'T KILL ANYTHING. Someone finds me, shoots at me, and I don't have anything to shoot back with. I die before I can fall back to my stickybomb trap.

Bodzilla
June 30th, 2009, 04:02 AM
wow that is alot of fail!

Heathen
June 30th, 2009, 04:12 AM
As do I, but I fail at every class because my PC fails.

n00b1n8R
June 30th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Nonono, you use the virus bombs first to turn everything organic on the planet into a nice combustible mush, then you set it on fire.
I said cyclonic torpedo (buries to the core and detonates), not atmospheric incinerator torpedo. :eng101:
Educate yourself on the ways of the FINAL SOLUTION
(http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Exterminatus)

Bodzilla
June 30th, 2009, 05:25 AM
demo bad, scout good.

n00b1n8R
June 30th, 2009, 05:35 AM
so i watched sel's vid and i think i might l2whore pyro.
I love classes which take skill to induce rage, that's why I got into spy (back when it was difficult, good job valve :smithicide:)

Nightlife
July 6th, 2009, 09:26 PM
I wouldn't abolish any class because TF2 is actually balanced and if you bitch about a class that says more about your skills than any wrongdoing on the part of the developers.

ICEE
July 8th, 2009, 07:55 PM
I don't care for demomen or pyros. Theyre hard to snipe for me, for some reason.

English Mobster
July 14th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I could really get rid of the fucking spy. They sapped my sentry so much I actually quit being a dedicated engineer and became a dedicated Pyro just to get my revenge on them.
And now I've fallen in love with the Pyro and it's spy-killing/scout-stopping/Demoman-trap-eliminating/anti-everything-except-Sentry-guns abilities.

p0lar_bear
July 14th, 2009, 10:19 PM
anti-everything-except-Sentry-guns abilities.

You're doing it wrong. :haw:

n00b1n8R
July 16th, 2009, 04:56 AM
I could really get rid of the fucking spy.
what

dedicated engineer
LOL

anti-everything-except-Sentry-guns abilities.
WHAAAAAT

English Mobster
July 17th, 2009, 10:37 AM
The Pyro has no way to sneak up to that Sentry gun. A level 3 will rip him to shreds before he can get into range.

The flare gun can do it, yes, but it's a slow process, and if the engineer's nearby, you have to worry about killing him first so he can't repair it.

But other than that, the Pyro can kill anything. :smug:

Pooky
July 17th, 2009, 10:39 AM
The Pyro has no way to sneak up to that Sentry gun. A level 3 will rip him to shreds before he can get into range.

The flare gun can do it, yes, but it's a slow process, and if the engineer's nearby, you have to worry about killing him first so he can't repair it.

Circle-strafe.

You have to be behind it to start with, obviously. But that's far from impossible.

CN3089
July 17th, 2009, 12:13 PM

use your shotgun, the flare gun is useless even with the minicrits

the pyro is behind only the demoman and the spy in terms of sentry killing ability i dunno maybe you just suck???

p0lar_bear
July 17th, 2009, 04:47 PM

Ever heard of edging brosef?

You know, where you can see a piece of the gun and torch it from round a corner or above/blow a platform but it can't see you?

n00b1n8R
July 17th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Circle-strafe (you don't have to start from behind for a level 1/2 and you can take it from the front if you've got a medic too), or edging. :eng101:

Botolf
July 17th, 2009, 07:09 PM
I love circle-strafing Sentries as Pyro, especially if there's an Engie sitting behind it (Need a medic though). I can just imagine the Engineer waiting in respawn cursing his head off. :iamafag:

English Mobster
July 17th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Meh, I can never sneak up on the damn things from behind. I've had a Pyro edge me many times, though, that's why I build my Sentries away from any corners.

Mass
July 18th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Your airblast can deflect the missiles too

(last I checked...?)

English Mobster
July 19th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Yeah, it can, but the thing will still chew you up and spit you out. It's not a pleasant experience.
I'm just a TF2 failure.

n00b1n8R
July 20th, 2009, 12:01 AM
If you can't sneak up on it to edge or get behind, odds are it's camping in a nice long corridor. Just stand out of the bullet range and get it to shoot MAGIC MISSILEs at you.

English Mobster
July 21st, 2009, 01:02 AM
That is normally the case, yes.
I'm not normally one to try suicide attacks on Sentry guns with the Pyro. Most of the time I'm chasing some other class, then I turn a corner and have enough time to say "OH SHI-" before I get blown to bits.
Rinse and repeat. Sentry guns are literally the only thing which has been able to kill me effectively, I'm a pro Pyro otherwise. :smug:

n00b1n8R
July 21st, 2009, 01:54 AM
'm a pro Pyro
http://www.gameculture.com/files//tmp/DuckHuntDog.jpg

ps. does anybody know where the fuck to find that dog's emote? I can't :saddowns:

p0lar_bear
July 21st, 2009, 02:33 AM
What's so funny?

PYRO: TAKE OUT THE Y AND YOU GOT "PRO"!

Heathen
July 30th, 2009, 07:42 AM
I retract my statement, I love pyro.
And as for engie, all I use it for is to use a teleporter facing a wall to frighten my teamates when they go through, only to get a screen full of my goatse spray.

Sel
July 30th, 2009, 04:08 PM
That is normally the case, yes.
I'm not normally one to try suicide attacks on Sentry guns with the Pyro. Most of the time I'm chasing some other class, then I turn a corner and have enough time to say "OH SHI-" before I get blown to bits.
Rinse and repeat. Sentry guns are literally the only thing which has been able to kill me effectively, I'm a pro Pyro otherwise. :smug:

youre not a pro pyro

h

t

hhh