PDA

View Full Version : [MAP] DMT - Neutral Bomb (beta and release thread)

Inferno
May 9th, 2009, 11:30 AM
THIS IS NOT A RELEASE YET!
I have uploaded 2 final betas of neutral bomb and I need you guys to do a few test for me to make sure there are no fatal bugs or glitches left. Known problems are:
-Occasional sound jumps/doubles
-Bomb can be armed at own base (aka suicide bomber)
-Host death on startup (part of sync script)

Once I've confirmed everything is good I will recompile the maps under new names and upload them to halo maps. That will be the final release.

Also the source for bomb and a tutorial will be uploaded.

Download Beta 3 (http://www.zshare.net/download/598005149ff9f4bb/)

Also thanks to jcap for sounds.

TVTyrant
May 9th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Is this gonna go on HaloMaps?

ShadowSpartan
May 9th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Is this gonna go on HaloMaps?

THIS IS NOT A RELEASE YET!Once I've confirmed everything is good I will recompile the maps under new names and upload them to halo maps. That will be the final release.

Learn to read an entire post TVTyrant.

TVTyrant
May 9th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Whats the point of being killed at the beginning or the round? I dont understand that.

The gameplay looks like it would be sound, but the length of the detonation setup seems excessive to me.

Inferno
May 9th, 2009, 03:07 PM
It only takes 1 score to win so 15 seconds seemed about right.

ThePlague
May 9th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Downloading now, i'll test it and see what's up. There going to be a server or something up, or is it just everyone playing by themselves?

Cortexian
May 9th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Did you make it work with SAPP/Rec0's app yet?

Inferno
May 9th, 2009, 04:35 PM
I can't. SAY is not a real command.

If you want to run the map just disable sapp/reco

It can't be TOO hard to do.

Cortexian
May 9th, 2009, 08:28 PM
I can't. SAY is not a real command.

If you want to run the map just disable sapp/reco

It can't be TOO hard to do.
Reuploading exe's is hard.

Sabre
May 10th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Woo, glad to see a beta of this, any servers with it running? if not I can ask a few friends to host it.

paladin
May 10th, 2009, 02:44 PM
nice.

.Wolf™
May 10th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Always wondered if Sv_Say could be fixed..

Inferno
May 10th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Reuploading exe's is hard.

Modifying tool and sapien AND halo to recognize and properly execute a new command (say) is probably harder.
http://www.seadogs.ca/smilies/smiley_smug.gif

edit-
Anyone found any problems?

Sabre
May 11th, 2009, 01:52 PM
if you haven't noticed, DangurCanyun is bugged, "Bomb Returned/Reset" and "Bomb Taken" both glitch and constantly repeat for some reason.
Also, not sure if it was just the host but every 30 seconds or so we'd all get lagged out.
And the arming is wayyyy too short even for Battlekweek, though that might be because it was only 3 people in the server lol.

Inferno
May 11th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Hmmmm was the repeating sound a client side problem? Server or dedicated server? Player counts. ETC

NEED INFO HERE

Sabre
May 11th, 2009, 05:24 PM
I only tried DangurCanyun on a 1 player LAN, so I wouldn't know other than a friend saying that it was bugged as well, he most likely did the same as me.
However if I can get in touch with my friend I can ask him to host a server on DC and we'll test it out.
(I think the problem arose because I accidentally hit reset on the opening respawn)

t3h m00kz
May 11th, 2009, 06:18 PM
I don't know if it's intentional or not, but the bomb explosion blew me from one side of Danger Canyon to the other. D;

Sabre
May 11th, 2009, 06:45 PM
YES, bad side effect is that the person arming the bomb has to be a kamikaze D:

Inferno
May 11th, 2009, 07:57 PM
But its only 1 score to win so dieing doesn't matter lol.

Sabre
May 11th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Yeah but who wants to mess a 100-0 kd just because he had to arm the bomb D:

Inferno
May 11th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Who cares that much about their KD?

Sabre
May 11th, 2009, 08:17 PM
"Too Pro" people. I know them.
(It's getting off topic now D: )

So yeah, Arming doesn't take long enough and for some reason it does a lot of melee damage. Did you make it that way so the bomb holder can defend himself?

Inferno
May 11th, 2009, 08:20 PM
It uses ball tagging mostly :p So it inherited extra melee.

edit-
When I start the map it only says "bomb taken" then "bomb returned". It doesn't loop or anything. It just says it because it has to spawn a bomb.

Sabre
May 11th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Ah didn't notice. Cause the guy on the other team kept killing me in one hit, wasn't even a headshot lol.

edit: It glitched for me and continued saying "bomb returned/reset" then "bomb taken" every 10 seconds or so.