PDA

View Full Version : [HALO 3] Halo 3 DLC wont load LAN

Heathen
May 18th, 2009, 04:34 PM
So me and some pals were planning on playing some halo.

Since I am apparently the only one who has ever heard of the forge hub I was host.

Thing is, the bitch wouldn't load my DLC.

How to?
E: Day old thread.
EE: Thats it, I am going spam some VM's.

p0lar_bear
May 19th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Does the DLC load while your XBox is disconnected from any network? Does it load when connected to the internet?

Heathen
May 19th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Does the DLC load while your XBox is disconnected from any network? Does it load when connected to the internet?

It does not load when disconnected from any network but it does connect when I am connected to the internet.

p0lar_bear
May 19th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Might be some sort of DRM at work then. You may need to have the LAN connected to the internet so you can sign in on live.

Just a guess, I've never heard of this before.

And by DLC, do you mean the map packs, custom content, or both?

Heathen
May 19th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Might be some sort of DRM at work then. You may need to have the LAN connected to the internet so you can sign in on live.

Just a guess, I've never heard of this before.

And by DLC, do you mean the map packs, custom content, or both?

Map packs.
What I thought I'd do was I'd use a neighbors wi-fi (with their consent) to see if it can connect so I can load the maps for that alone.

I am the only one with this issue.

But is there any way to fix this without the internet involved? How come everyone else's loads fine offline?

sdavis117
May 19th, 2009, 05:39 PM
I forge on Sandbox offline all the time.

If, by any chance you got the map pack by transferring it from another 360 then recovering the GT that was used to download it, the 360 might have issues loading it offline.

Heathen
May 19th, 2009, 05:46 PM
No, I got it this way. I sent it to Microsoft recently...that play a part in it?

sevlag
May 19th, 2009, 05:59 PM
No, I got it this way. I sent it to Microsoft recently...that play a part in it?
heathen my friend i have the same problem with fallout 3 DLC not loading offling

i think its something microsoft is doing now so they can verify if its legit and it needs some sort of confirmation from XBL or the internet for the DLC to load

Heathen
May 19th, 2009, 06:00 PM
heathen my friend i have the same problem with fallout 3 DLC not loading offling

i think its something microsoft is doing now so they can verify if its legit and it needs some sort of confirmation from XBL or the internet for the DLC to load

fucking sucks gay.

Anyone know a fix?

p0lar_bear
May 19th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Redownload the content maybe? The container files might have something wrong with them in terms of the owner.

supersniper
May 19th, 2009, 06:13 PM
I have a similar problem. I have a silver account my bro has a gold account, I had MS points he didn't. I bought the packs. and everything worked fine he could play live with them. Then NXE came out... We still have the mappacks on the hard drive but for some reason the game doesn't recognize that we have them so when my bro tries to play live it doesn't work. So then we figured out that if I signed in then we could play the maps... so custom gaming on LAN only worked iwth the new maps unless I was signed in. But for live that can't work because I have a silver account. I have tried redownloading... and nothing changes. Anyone know why it does this?

Heathen
May 19th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Redownload the content maybe? The container files might have something wrong with them in terms of the owner.

well I clicked re-download and they were finishing in like a second.

Should I delete it and then redownload it?
E: and holy hell you guys are being helpful. +rep

Darqeness
May 19th, 2009, 06:39 PM
This is what I have to do to play Halo 3 DLC online or offline. I have to go into Forge or Custom Games as soon as I first get to the main menu, bring up the map menu, then I have to wait 30 secs to a minute while my custom content loads. From there I have no trouble at all.

Otherwise I can't get any access to any of my DLC.

Heathen
May 19th, 2009, 06:46 PM
well yeah obviously, but that doesn't work for me.

LinkandKvel
May 19th, 2009, 06:54 PM
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

Since you said u sent in the xbox that means they should have already done this process. Did you download the DLC BEFORE you sent in your xbox? If so, delete that DLC which does not work offline, then RE-DOWNLOAD that DLC and all problems will be fixed.

Heathen
May 19th, 2009, 07:18 PM
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

Since you said u sent in the xbox that means they should have already done this process. Did you download the DLC BEFORE you sent in your xbox? If so, delete that DLC which does not work offline, then RE-DOWNLOAD that DLC and all problems will be fixed.

Thanks link. I will jump right on that.

Remind me to + you later on, although I probably will.

Heathen
May 20th, 2009, 04:53 PM
So yeah, I tried that and the same shit is happening.

What
The
Fuck.

LinkandKvel
May 20th, 2009, 07:44 PM
well it is possible they DID NOT do that process because you se nt in just your xbox and not the hard drive so how would they know your account to link it? is your xbox registered on xbox.com? Even if so do that process and try one more time.

Heathen
May 20th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Just did. Yes I am registered. And No I didn't send my hard drive since they tell me not to.

LinkandKvel
May 20th, 2009, 11:06 PM
So you JUST used that license transfer tool and completed the process and it still doesn't work?

Heathen
May 20th, 2009, 11:40 PM
So you JUST used that license transfer tool and completed the process and it still doesn't work?

wait...what?
Liscense transfer tool?

LinkandKvel
May 21st, 2009, 02:13 PM
wait...what?
Liscense transfer tool?
Follow that link I posted on the previous page.

Heathen
May 21st, 2009, 02:39 PM
K just did it and am loading halo offline.

E: it works, my invention works!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_nY72TdvmuKk/R1j40JtbdXI/AAAAAAAAANw/L7UYQ9G6gnI/s320/DocBrown.JPG
E: HAHA, new emote :docsmug: