PDA

View Full Version : I don't get this error...

supersniper
May 29th, 2009, 11:52 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/169gt9h.jpg
See I want to play halo 2 on xp...
and yeah it won't play because it's an intel card and not a Nvidia or ATI
so I used DXtweaker to tweak the halo2.exe into using a better ATI card.
I have all the info set so now I want to use the loader.exe on the halo2.dxtp file but wait...
it only works on .exe files.
So I made a .bat file to run the loaderplus and halo2.exe named it halo 2.bat.
then converted/compiled it into a .exe file and put it in the halo 2 directory.
Now I have halo2.exe (the real one) and halo 2.exe in the halo 2 directory. (halo 2.exe runs the loaderplus to make it runnable on xp)
Now I open up dxtweaker and instead of using the halo2.exe I use the halo 2.exe so when you use the .dxtp file it will run the halo 2.exe which will run the loaderplus which will run the halo2.exe file.
But I still get that stupid error that you get when you try to open the file without using the loader.
So now I'm confused.

How can I get the loaderplus to run halo2 using the dxtweaker settings so my intel card doesn't stop it.
It has the minimum requirements so it should work but because it's Intel it doesn't.

cheezdue
May 29th, 2009, 07:34 PM
I think H2v only works with vista.

Pyong Kawaguchi
May 29th, 2009, 08:19 PM
There is a hack/trick that allows it to work on xp, but its singleplayer only.
Also, your video card sucks, and thats the problem :P

supersniper
May 29th, 2009, 08:24 PM
I know my video card sucks but it has the minimum specs to run h2v but for some reason it won't let it run because it's an Intel instead of a Nvidia or ATI...
I know dxtweaker will fix that problem but i can't run dxtweaker with the loader because the loader.exe only runs .exe files not .dxtp files.

That is my problem so how do I fix this.

Sel
May 29th, 2009, 08:51 PM
I know my video card sucks but it has the minimum specs to run h2v but for some reason it won't let it run because it's an Intel instead of a Nvidia or ATI...
I know dxtweaker will fix that problem but i can't run dxtweaker with the loader because the loader.exe only runs .exe files not .dxtp files.

That is my problem so how do I fix this.

No it wont.

You have a card that can barely play halo 1, let alone h2v.

supersniper
May 30th, 2009, 01:06 AM
My card may be bad but it can fun halo 1 very well. I get 60 fps constantly on full settings.

And it can run halo 2, just halo 2 needs to be tricked into thinking that it's an ATI card instead of a intel card and that's where dxtweaker comes in, remember the camo fix... how you trick the game into using a different driver. Well I used to have an error that came up saying that my card doesn't fully work, then I use the camo fix adn that error is gone. Well I'm trying the same thing with Halo 2 just one problem, the loader only loads .exe files.

There are 2 solutions either somehow compile the .dxtp file (dxtweaker settings file) into an executable file

or

Somehow modify the loader or loaderplus (requires programming/hex editing background) into running any kind of file, not just executable files. And that is where the wowloader source comes in.

Will anyone be willing to help me?

Skarma
May 30th, 2009, 03:30 AM
Sure. This will solve your current problem.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187081

Optional, but recommended.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116218
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116480

Very inexpensive fix and will save boats of time trying to hack up a graphics intensive, vista only game on your cracked xp game version with cheap onboard graphic chip set. Using a driver that is not meant for your chipset can be dangerous.. You can't stay behind in the old days forever, why not do a cheap and quick upgrade? If you're too young to go get a job, mow your neighbors grass or something or maybe mom will help you out.

supersniper
May 30th, 2009, 03:38 AM
Sure. This will solve your current problem.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187081

Optional, but recommended.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116218
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116480

Very inexpensive fix and will save boats of time trying to hack up a graphics intensive, vista only game on your cracked xp game version with cheap onboard graphic chip set. Using a driver that is not meant for your chipset can be dangerous.. You can't stay behind in the old days forever, why not do a cheap and quick upgrade? If you're too young to go get a job, mow your neighbors grass or something or maybe mom will help you out.I'll check it out and see what happens. All I know is last time I wanted to upgrade my graphics card I also had to upgrade my power supply... and when I took those too pieces to best buy they said I didn't have enough PCI bus ports so I couldn't upgrade but I'll see again.

PS: I own the game, and have an upgrade disk for windows vista home premium, I just like XP. and I'm going to dual boot the windows 7 RC tomorrow so I'll install it on there and see what happens.

Skarma
May 30th, 2009, 03:58 AM
"Requirements Minimum 350W or greater system power supply"
That's really low wattage power supply...really cheap too...

You only need one free pci slot for a gfx card, what other cards are using the slots you have?

Just open your box up, check the wattage on your current power supply and see whats up with the pci slots. I mean, if you want to play halo 2 on xp, feel free, but you cant play online..

supersniper
May 30th, 2009, 04:03 AM
I'll open it up later today. once I find my camera...

Varmint260
May 31st, 2009, 01:37 PM
Intel's chipsets are legendarily bad, I've used the precursor to the one you're using (it's in my mom's old Dell). It definitely won't run H2V at anything playable. I tried running H2V on my laptop (integrated GeForce 6150SE) and it was almost unplayable at minimum resolution (game supports a minimum of 800x600 if I remember correctly) and low graphics settings. The GeForce 6150 had a lot more power than intel chipsets did at that time, at least from my experience.

The 7300GT requires a 350W power supply? I wouldn't have thought a low-end 7-series would require even 300. Though the only thing I'm going on is that my 9500GT requires a 350W, but I'm guessing that it's a bit more efficient? Certainly is a more powerful card.

supersniper
May 31st, 2009, 04:32 PM
Well I was planning on getting a lap top this summer so I'll make sure I get a good gfx card non integrated.

Sel
June 1st, 2009, 07:40 AM
Most laptops that are reasonably priced have shit graphics cards available to them; get a desktop.

klange
June 1st, 2009, 09:39 AM
As this topic isn't locked yet, I'd like to address the main issue: You undoubtedly lack Hardware Transform and Lighting support on that Intel card. Of note, it doesn't do Vertex Shaders (it is emulated, though, hence why you see Vertex Shader: 2). The graphics engine in H2V requires T&L to function - it doesn't even have a Fixed-Function fallback. Personally, I think this was a ballsy move and a horrible choice on the part of the devs.

Dotkito92
June 2nd, 2009, 09:38 PM
Intel graphics suck, Nvidia (or ATI) all the way. Don't even try to game with an Intel card.