PDA

View Full Version : [MAP] Security Alpha :Mod:

Lord_Lelouch
June 5th, 2009, 06:48 PM
This is a mod, original map and all information is given in the most organized fashion I could make. ((below))
Along with other information.

{<<<Security Alpha>>>}

[<<Description>>]
Halo 2 Cerio Station, originally released by DMT Inferno.
I for a while almost 2 months have been wanting to do somethin with the DMT-Cerio Station map, but I was
unsure on what approach to take as I wanted it to be a unique space experience. This map is almost completely
symmetrical in the layout, what is on one side is most likely going to be the same thing on the other side.
All weapons on map are plasma based (more toward covenant) and use battery instead of ammo (only weapon that uses-
-ammo is the M24 sniper rifle). I used UTk4 weapons by Mookz as well as the Sentinel Beam by Bungie because they both
made a large contribution to the way I look at halo. the UTk4 weapons that mookz has put into halo maps making them
full UTk4 weapon mod conversions have changed the way I look at halo and the way i view weapons, and I thought it be just as good experience in this map as any other map. The Sentinel Beam I found to be one of the most interesting weapons in Halo and as you rarely get to even use it in Halo 2 and Halo 3 and it so rare in Halo: custom edition that I havn't seen a map in a long time with it I figured it make a great change in gameplay for everyone!

You start the map off with three weapons (Plasma Rifle, Plasma Pistol, and Sentinel Beam)
you play as a sentinel and sentinel beam has infinite energy just like if you were the AI, but there are
other weapons on the map that are far more superior to the sentinel's energy beam in strength also the Plasma Rifle now zooms.

Teleporters scatter the map and can provide strategic movement durring gameplay. Majority of weapons are in the center
of the map concentrating gameplay to the middle and not off to the side or in a remote location, on the station.
Heat seaking fuelrod gun is in the center of the map in the tunnel, the M24 Tank Sniper Rifle is off to one side of the map
all to itself but it might be hard to reach without dieing from a sniper or someone looking for the gun as well.

<-Someone has told me that you can hide inside the hologram of the planet but I havn't proven that. . . if you can, then it
will add strategic value to the area->

Gameplay types are: CTF and Slayer (race and king of the hill will be added in version 2) (Version 3 will feature oddball as well as the other previouse gametypes)

CTF: red team spawns by their long sword which contains the red flag... red teleporters in back of base on both side teleport you inside longsword where flag is,
teleporter in longsword will teleport you to the same location that the green teleporter in front of your base goes to, this is the same for blue team.

Slayer: spawn points in slayer are different from spawn points in CTF and are concentrated around the center battle area of the map.

All Teleporters are Color coded with their source and target (base & teleporter shield scenery) being the same color, (normally)

(<<<Rainbow Teleporter Shields will bring you to the C-Room a secret room made by the original creator of DMT-Ceiro Station>>>)

<<.<Character>.>>
You play as a Sentinel with shielding
(speed has been increased slightly & you can use all weapons on map)
(Halo 2 HUD is used {from downflow})

<->Vehicles<->
None at the moment. . .

<-<Weapons>->
Starting Weapons:> Plasma Rifle, Plasma Pistol, Sentinel Beam (can't switch sentinel beam with other weapons)

Weapons on Map:> Plasma Rifle, Lightning Gun, Needler, Plasma Pistol, Heat Seeking FuelRod Gun
(the heat seeking is a little less than needler) Link Gun (With secondary fire), Beam Rifle, M24 Sniper
(With Battlerifle UI tags and fires tank canons)

>.<Pictures>.<

BLUE BASE
http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss34/Lord_Lelouch/SAblue.jpg

CENTER
http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss34/Lord_Lelouch/SAmiddle.jpg

RED BASE
http://i559.photobucket.com/albums/ss34/Lord_Lelouch/SAred.jpg

<((in pictures there are crates (blue & red) which use to have the teleporters to inside the longsword, now teleporters are off to the side in the back of base and crate have been removed))>
<<:CREDITS:>>

Map Name: Security Alpha (Original map name: DMT-Cairo Station)

Map re-created by: Lord_Lelouch

Teleport Tags by: Arteen

(DMT-Cairo Station) BSP By: DMT Inferno

Landing Becons by: Arteen

UTk4 Weapons by: Mookz

M24 Sniper Tags by: Kingfish999 (modded by Lord_Lelouch)

halo 2 tags and UIs by: (map) Downflow (as I believe I got the tags from this map)

Other tags by: Bungie (some have been modded or edited by Lord_Lelouch)

>:Links:<

Filefront link: http://files.filefront.com/Security+Alpha+Final+Vers3zip/;13859209;/fileinfo.html
Mediafire link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yzecjgyjkmy

sevlag
June 5th, 2009, 07:17 PM
oh look inferno, someone butchered your map :D

why the FUCK are there trees in OUTERSPACE

paladin
June 5th, 2009, 07:20 PM
You spelled Cairo Station wrong...

Sel
June 5th, 2009, 07:27 PM
why the FUCK are there trees in OUTERSPACE

I wouldn't mind knowing myself...

On the bright side it's a lot more original than a bg mod :x

Inferno
June 5th, 2009, 07:31 PM
I'm suing you for ripping my map.

Plasma Rifle now zooms.
:lmao:
That is so fucking pro.

Lord_Lelouch
June 5th, 2009, 07:38 PM
I'm suing you for ripping my map.

:lmao:
That is so fucking pro.

Great sue away...

and I like Zooming Plasma rifles ^.^

I wouldn't mind knowing myself...

On the bright side it's a lot more original than a bg mod :x

Trees are in space because they are special trees and they were developed by scientists to live in the void of space with no oxygen or water....
... Honestly I.D.K why they not dead yet.. I just put them in the map because it made it look a little pretty.

I believe Inferno went and used the wrong spelling that isn't entirely my fault as he clearly named the original map "Dmt-Cairo_Station"

Alwin Roth
June 5th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Why is there only "2" TREES????
I demand an explanation why you have no scattered trees all over the map!

Lord_Lelouch
June 5th, 2009, 07:45 PM
LoL

that is because only two trees can live in space xD

ultama121
June 5th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Relative to space guns, they're space trees.

:downs:

As for the map... a start I guess?

sdavis117
June 5th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Did you create anything in this map, or did you just rip and place?

paladin
June 5th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Trees have the effect of infertility in space... it's just like The Island....

Inferno
June 5th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Did you create anything in this map, or did you just rip and place?
Why do you have to ask? The answer is quite apparent.

Lord_Lelouch
June 5th, 2009, 09:57 PM
only thing i created was editing the tags I took from other maps... it obvious I didn't make anything as if i did i would of said so in the credits...

It doesn't matter if i made it myself or not as long as it fits and balances the map it fine by my standards. It not like the world going to die because i didn't model my own gun, & really I rather not have anything I make belong to bungie or microsoft so I doubt I will ever use my own models....

Sel
June 5th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Trees are in space because they are special trees

Funny... They look exactly like the ones in bloodgulch!

Lord_Lelouch
June 5th, 2009, 10:56 PM

Arn't trees in bloodgulch dead trees these be like more from a grassy map!?

here... how about they special plastic trees lol xP

sevlag
June 5th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Funny... They look exactly like the ones in bloodgulch!you mean that one tree? yeah, oh snap, the trees can breath in space gais, we are sooooooooo fucked xD

but true, better than a BG mod, but needs moar nuke launching guns

and a draco

and a 1sk pistol

and somelubeAI

also,whats up with teh threshold hologram, is it a special hologram too? will it give you super powers if you touch it? :D

Lord_Lelouch
June 5th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Hologram wont give you special powers ... but apparently if you go inside it your hidden?? I'm not sure how accurate that is but someone who tested it said you can hide inside it and no one will see you but you can see them...

Also I rather not make overpowered nuclear weapons as i edited all the tags to make it for the most part balanced.

If you downloaded the map you know the zip file says version 1 of 3 so I'm not done yet... but surprisingly even though it a mod I found it quite fun putting it all together ^.^

I am still thinking about a Sentinel Campaign to do, but not for a couple more months down the road or so....

KiLLa
June 8th, 2009, 08:59 PM
oh man...I hope you are done.
Sorry to be so blunt, but at least try to make a box map, and experment with gameplay, before chopping up content and placing it in random locations, ona already built map..
Zooming plasma rifle!?
What's next, zooming shotgun? lawl..
Good try I guess..

Inferno
June 8th, 2009, 09:01 PM
A Good try I guess..

ftfy

sevlag
June 9th, 2009, 02:49 PM
inferno, i feel sorry for your map, raped anally and then patched up with random shit (space trees)

atleast do a box map before killing something...

make the pistol shoot rofl knives and give it a zoom so you can easily sniper people on the other side of the map :D

Heathen
June 9th, 2009, 03:12 PM
needs more hidden rooms

sdavis117
June 9th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Needs the music gun from Pipedream.

Inferno
June 9th, 2009, 03:31 PM
needs more hidden rooms
The hidden room on the good version of my map was badass.

sevlag
June 9th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Needs the music gun from Pipedream.^this

also, needs moar nude chicks plastered all over the space station

Masterz1337
June 9th, 2009, 10:46 PM
Is there a reason why the responses are more pathetic than the original post?

paladin
June 9th, 2009, 11:46 PM
,!, -_-

sevlag
June 10th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Is there a reason why the responses are more pathetic than the original post?>insert witty flame comment here<

too easy to get an infraction from making a sarcastic remark from this...but its like madlibs, you guys can make up the sentence

Lord_Lelouch
June 11th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Not like I didn't expect to be flamed to the ground.... (this is modacity I didn't expect anything to be different from last time I was here about 1 or 2 years ago)

Personally I think I kinda did a decent job on it although I find that a lot of the work I did do came out nice and the vehicle I wanted to put in ... well never got put in because it wasn't finished in time.

I also noticed sentinels to be a bit slow so I would have to speed them up next time.

On the other hand still thanks for all the input ^.^

(If I made another bloodgulch mod no matter how good it came out ... well let just say these comments would be a lot worse =( oh well xD)

Also to answer earlier questions.. I have made a box map at one point in my halo mapping / modding career, also just to let you all know it is mentally impossible for me to model anything custom to be exact I lack the creative mental capacity for modeling weapons and such. (yes that is possible) and last the weapons were not randomly placed on the map... as that would be stupid they were both strategically placed and symmetrically placed.

sdavis117
June 11th, 2009, 07:53 PM
This is a good map to hone your skills and you should be proud that you edited this map in a way that pleases you.

That does not mean though that you should release it. For this point I direct you here (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1480).

Lord_Lelouch
June 11th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Hmm well thanks for the link, Con did make a good point. This isn't like it one of my first maps though this has been the 50th map I ever tried to edit in my Halo Mapping / modding career so it not like I'm just starting... also a friend of mine insisted I should upload it because he liked it a lot. Later after uploading another friend mentioned that Sentinels go to slow, so I went though the map again in halo and they did seem kinda slow >.< (I'm not sure how i didn't catch that the first time) As for everything I mean no offense to Inferno for "killing" his map as a couple of people told me to upload it and I decided why not?

Yes, though I do agree that your first maps shouldn't be released and this map is no good by my standards anymore now that I think about it Sigh I never make anything good enough for me LoLz.

English Mobster
June 12th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Hmm well thanks for the link, Con did make a good point. This isn't like it one of my first maps though this has been the 50th map I ever tried to edit in my Halo Mapping / modding career so it not like I'm just starting... also a friend of mine insisted I should upload it because he liked it a lot. Later after uploading another friend mentioned that Sentinels go to slow, so I went though the map again in halo and they did seem kinda slow >.< (I'm not sure how i didn't catch that the first time) As for everything I mean no offense to Inferno for "killing" his map as a couple of people told me to upload it and I decided why not?

Yes, though I do agree that your first maps shouldn't be released and this map is no good by my standards anymore now that I think about it Sigh I never make anything good enough for me LoLz.
This makes the map even sadder.
Seriously, dude, if you've been modding 50+ maps, then MAKE SOMETHING ORIGINAL FOR ONCE.
And don't give the "I don't have 3DS Max" excuse. Gmax works FINE for a first attempt at creating a custom map. I managed to get my first map ingame using nothing more than Gmax and a shitty mapping tutorial (which got the map to exception on startup if you did everything right... It wasn't until last week I found the problem: the stupid tutorial told me to put grenades in the starting equipment. The game normally does that automatically, and I made it freak out).

OBVIOUS PROTIP: a persons grammer si derectly perportional to thier mapping skills if they dont use commas or pireods you can tell the map inst worth downloading LaMoZ xD
In other words: Garbage in, Garbage out.

Lord_Lelouch
June 12th, 2009, 03:23 PM
I do try the best at my grammar. :snypa: I find spelling easier then trying to punctuate. So, I do miss commas every once in a while. As for making my own map for once. . . it is something I am working on only issue is a lot of maps I try to make don't come out to my standards, but one I have been working on for the passed 3 months is actually coming along okay, but it's not ready to show anyone yet as it still looks pretty bad =(

Anyway I work harder and my next release won't be bad. . . I hope :slap:

nooBBooze
June 12th, 2009, 03:32 PM
And why would you think bloodgulch isn't suspended in the vaccum of space? :allears:

Inferno
June 12th, 2009, 05:37 PM
If you knew modacity would hate it why post it? Do you like getting flamed or something?

Heathen
June 12th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Hey, great job on this map. I love EVERYTHING you have made.

Oh wait you made nothing.

Lord_Lelouch
June 12th, 2009, 07:21 PM
I enjoy feed back flamed or not... Usually feed back about what wrong with it gives improvement.

Also I really didn't think it get flamed to the ground like this until the first post in response... it was like just IDK saying "yea your going to get flamed to death" to me that what it pretty much said anyway >.<

Sabre
June 16th, 2009, 01:46 AM
Hey, great job on this map. I love EVERYTHING you have made.

Oh wait you made nothing.

+rep

sevlag
June 16th, 2009, 02:10 PM
If you knew modacity would hate it why post it? Do you like getting flamed or something?
i think he has a fetish for abuse...

but then again i could be wrong

KiLLa
June 16th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Omg...someone please stab him..
You kidding me with your dumb ass cop outs?
WAAA I CAN'T MODELZ, I ONLYZ CANZ STEALZ THE TAGZ AND MAKE THINGS WORSEZZ!!!
That really your excuse?
If that's the case, and this is you 52nd map or whatever..then here's a thought..STOP MODDING.
Either that, or stop making excuses for yourself, man up, and go through the gruling task it takes to create a DECENT map..
Sorry if that seems harsh, but stop wasting your life, if this is your true poteintal..it's obvious that this is NOT your calling, if you've TRUELY tried with your all...

Sabre
June 17th, 2009, 02:13 AM
i think he has a fetish for abuse...

but then again i could be wrong

No, you're entirely right.

Cortexian
June 17th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Pro tip: Don't release map mods like this, only people under the age of 12 and/or people that are slow find these good in any way. Put some effort into modeling a map before you release anything, ever again.

Thank you.

Inferno
June 17th, 2009, 08:53 PM
VERBAL RAPE
IAWTP

Heathen
June 18th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Pro tip: Don't release map mods like this, only people under the age of 12 and/or people that are slow find these good in any way. Put some effort into modeling a map before you release anything, ever again.

Thank you.
qft