PDA

View Full Version : content?

p0lar_bear
April 3rd, 2007, 02:10 AM
Every noob and their grandmother's going to attempt a Halo 1 mod.

80% will make no progress and bitch about how everyone else took their idea.
15% will release horrid, unfinished tags. Not tagsets, just empty weapon tags and untextured models. Alternatively, they'll try ripping Halo 1's models and textures and then get shot down for it.
4.9% will copy Halo 2 Combat Evolved's method (reskins, minor model manipulation, tag property tweaks)
And only one team will re-create Halo's weapon set and gameplay mechanics accurately down to the "power" kanji found on the pistol magazine.

p0lar_bear
April 3rd, 2007, 02:43 AM
Oh, I also forgot to mention that there will be probably a million Lockout mods? I mean, Lockout is pretty much the Blood Gulch of Halo 2, if you know what I mean.

AAA
April 3rd, 2007, 09:38 AM
Damn, I wish some of the people in this halo community was more organized and careful about what they did with their stuff....seriously. I don't want leakers coming back. I don't want varients of any of these classic H2 maps. I will personally rape the people's tiny little asses if they release more varients because they can't make a map to save their own lives:gonk: :fail:

NitrousOxide
April 3rd, 2007, 01:41 PM
You will not be able to modify existing Halo 2 maps. You will only be able to create your own.

Keep your head up for the upcoming blog about the map editor. I'm writing it myself. You will find a lot of satisfying information. =)

Arteen
April 3rd, 2007, 01:47 PM
You will not be able to modify existing Halo 2 maps. You will only be able to create your own.
...for now. It seems likely that someone will make a tag extractor for H2V like with HCE. :)

TheGhost
April 3rd, 2007, 02:41 PM
Well, if the modding scenes survives as long as it did for HaloCE, that seems inevitable.

By the way, p0lar, I will probably be attempting a Halo 1 mod. :p

p0lar_bear
April 3rd, 2007, 02:50 PM
Well, if the modding scenes survives as long as it did for HaloCE, that seems inevitable.

By the way, p0lar, I will probably be attempting a Halo 1 mod. :p

The Force is strong within this one.

Elite Killa
April 3rd, 2007, 03:18 PM
I was planning on just creating new maps and stuff. Nothing really time consuming, since I'm really busy nowadays...

flibitijibibo
April 3rd, 2007, 04:32 PM
Ah yes... H2:CE. I remember back when I did skinning, testing and other stuff for them. I wish we had advertised more though, now there's nothing left =/.

Xehsin
April 3rd, 2007, 05:54 PM
I just don't want Lead and Host advantage in Halo 2 Vista. :(

Hotrod
April 3rd, 2007, 07:30 PM
Well, I hope that the one team that will make a good Halo 1 mod for Halo 2 will remake all the good maps there were such as Sidewinder and Death Island. And I'm sure that somebody will make a program that will let you modify the stock MP and SP maps.

JDMFSeanP
April 3rd, 2007, 09:37 PM
Right now the cool thing to do in modding halo 2 is BSP conversions, taking pieces of single player and converting them to multiplayer, good stuff.

One of the most modded maps is lockout, but since it has so many restrictions most people like to mod the more open maps.

The thing I'm NOT looking forward to is all of the noob cheat mods >_>

Mr Buckshot
April 3rd, 2007, 11:51 PM
ditching the homing rockets?

They should stay and were quite balanced, because they can only track vehicles. The homing rocket encourages players to brush up on their driving skills, because all vehicles except the tank can easily dodge rockets if driven properly. The Banshee can do flips, the Ghost can boost, and the Warthog can change direction quickly and still maintain speed. For tanks, it takes 2-3 rockets to destroy a tank, so the first rocket hit is enough warning to evacuate the vehicle before the next one comes.

IMO, the homing rocket was an excellent idea. Unlike Halo CE maps, it can only lock on to vehicles and turrets, both of which are often whored, and it is entirely avoidable. It improves game balance a lot.

As for stuff to add in:

I want someone to hack the game files so that I can carry more reserve ammo in projectile weapons. For carbines and needlers, the lack of reserve ammo is forgivable since those weapons are dropped often, but I don't think the Covenant carry battle rifles, SMGs, and shotguns very often.

I also want to see some maps with darkness in them. In Halo 2 xbox, the flashlight is replaced by a Talk function in MP, so there are very few dark places to hide in MP maps.

Also, give the battle rifle "automatic" fire. It should not go crazy fast, but I want to hold down the mouse button and continue to pop off rounds at a steady rate, like the pistol in Halo 1.

I'd like the motion tracker to be enabled when looking through a rifle scope or the binoculars. It's perfectly fair. I hate it when I get assassinated while looking through a scope. In Halo 1 the tracker was enabled. No reason to take it out.

Make the active camo more like active camo. It's very easy to see a camo'ed player.

Finally, enable the Wraith's plasma cannons to match it to a Scorpion.

Stuff to remove:

None at the moment

[MT]Slayer
April 3rd, 2007, 11:56 PM
i like the lock on feature of the rocket launcher in halo 2. ANd my advice, is i would use a ghost or banshee against a guy with a rocket launcher, they both have boost, banshee ya, it can do amazing tricks to dodge stuff like that, and the ghost is way too fast for the rocket. Crush the guy with the rocket launcher while he is reloading and if he doesn't have a really good secondary weapon and no grenades...

DaneO'Roo
April 4th, 2007, 05:09 AM

Keep your head up for the upcoming blog about the map editor. I'm writing it myself. You will find a lot of satisfying information. =)

HAI

:)

sounds PRETTY fuckin good to me :leet: (need leet tags tbh)

oh and Nitro tell the team to fix that AWFUL bug where the rocket can lock onto things ;)

and increase the amount of AI by 2 pretty please. Wether people like it or not, aiming with a mouse is much more quicker, and more accurate and precise than a controller, so I think the difficulty of the campaign really needs to be stepped up a notch, or 3. Though you probably don't have time for that. Just make sure the performance is good, most of all.

Can't wait for next blog :)

NitrousOxide
April 4th, 2007, 12:10 PM
HAI

:)

sounds PRETTY fuckin good to me :leet: (need leet tags tbh)

oh and Nitro tell the team to fix that AWFUL bug where the rocket can lock onto things ;)

and increase the amount of AI by 2 pretty please. Wether people like it or not, aiming with a mouse is much more quicker, and more accurate and precise than a controller, so I think the difficulty of the campaign really needs to be stepped up a notch, or 3. Though you probably don't have time for that. Just make sure the performance is good, most of all.

Can't wait for next blog :)

Yeah I'll get right on that.

Limited
April 4th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Only maps. Yoyorast, wartorn cove.

I hope to dear god people dont "rip" halo 1 stuff and put it in halo 2. I dont mind if they model it, skin it etc etc. as long as they MAKE it themselves.

Mr Buckshot
April 5th, 2007, 12:34 AM

The rocket lock on is excellent. It prevents whoring of the turrets (especially the LAAG turret, which really hurts) and the good vehicles (tanks). The lock-on encourages us to improve driving skill for the faster vehicles and to know when to stop being unfair from the cockpit of a tank.

The AI in Halo 2 is still a challenge enough. I played Halo 2 xbox with the keyboard/mouse-to-Xbox adapter several times.

DaneO'Roo
April 5th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Yeah I'll get right on that.

lol sarcasm. Didn't mean to come off like a pissy jerk :(, but yeah, I've always hated the rocket lock on and thought it was something that broke the game. Though, I don't really care much, becasue in the maps im making, rocket lock on would just be turned off. No point in breaking it for people who do like it I spose. Guess I got a bit selfish there :o

Well, im glad the global auto aim is gone, that allready is a major improvement. Plus the obvious graphical improvements. the new map Uplift seems much..... sharper than the older maps. The textures don't seem to tile as much, are they higher res?. Seems much better quality graphically IMO :)

btw I've always been kinda curious, what do you do on hired gun? Is it as fun as I think it is, or not all it's cracked up to be.

Spnkr
April 10th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Needs new Difficulty above Legendary, propose Mythical

xD

I wonder what the caption for it will be...

"It's not a matter of survival, but a matter of how slowly you die"

Dole
April 10th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Needs new Difficulty above Legendary, propose Mythical

xD
I remember from back in the days when the Red vs. Blue accounts were as popular as Pokemon cards in 1997, when everyone had interesting pics and photoshop'd stuffs, someone had a photshopped printscreen of the difficulty selection and had added "Immortal."
It was the same as the Legendary logo, except it was gold. I've been trying to find it, but to no avail. Although I haven't yet tried Google...

Also, give the battle rifle "automatic" fire. It should not go crazy fast, but I want to hold down the mouse button and continue to pop off rounds at a steady rate, like the pistol in Halo 1.
As in, "Mrs. Doublefire's H2CE Battle Rifle?"

klange
April 10th, 2007, 09:07 PM
Who ever said we could only make maps needs to listen thoroughly to the Map Editor Video again...

Hurrvish
April 10th, 2007, 09:09 PM
that would be NiTrOuSoXiDe
:v

Agamemnon
April 10th, 2007, 09:41 PM
Ah yes... H2:CE. I remember back when I did skinning, testing and other stuff for them. I wish we had advertised more though, now there's nothing left =/.
The guys still play once in a while.