PDA

View Full Version : [TAG] Ifafudafi's Plasma Pack: Part Two

Ifafudafi
June 19th, 2009, 02:06 AM
Plasma Pistol. Plasma Beam. Plasma Sprayer. I'll let the video do the talking. (Make sure to watch in HQ.)

JorvvHcJHYo

Another 3 months, another 3 weapons. I've done a much more comprehensive check of missing tags, so hopefully we won't be having the same problems we did last time. Of course, post if you get any missing tag errors. As the title says, these are tags, which means they're open source, so feel free to edit, add, and modify to your heart's content. Just give me credit where it's due.

Grab it from Filefront (http://files.filefront.com/ifafuplasmapack2zip/;13913771;/fileinfo.html).

"Mommy, why do they call it a Readme?"
"Because you're supposed to read it, Billy."

Mythril
June 19th, 2009, 02:14 AM
Oh geez, that's awesome. Time to go examine how you set up the charging effects. Love the new Sprayer charge effect.

Inferno
June 19th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Sprayer looks cool. I had a idea you could do for a plasma weapon. Have a swarm of needles that continually home in on the player but when they collide they bounce off and come back to do damage again.

Like a swarm of birds.

Advancebo
June 19th, 2009, 11:53 AM
That sprayer charging effect is cool.

Ifafudafi
June 19th, 2009, 02:01 PM
It says this in the readme, but it's a bit ambiguous in the post:

Use these tags however you want. Put them in your maps, put them in your mods, put them in your burgers, do whatever you want with 'em; just give me credit.

Spartan094
June 19th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Cool, ill edit the spartan laser to use your cool effects:mech2:

Sprayer looks cool. I had a idea you could do for a plasma weapon. Have a swarm of needles that continually home in on the player but when they collide they bounce off and come back to do damage again.

Like a swarm of birds.
What game was that from? I remember a game having that

Inferno
June 19th, 2009, 03:03 PM
What game was that from? I remember a game having that

???

Ifafudafi
June 19th, 2009, 03:54 PM
As stated elsewhere, I'll be working on the Needler and two variations next, so I'll give it a shot and see if it's practical.

I'm taking a few weeks off though, so don't expect results any time soon.

UnevenElefant5
June 27th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Epic plasma sprayer.

annihilation
December 14th, 2009, 08:21 PM
E: Forget it.

Dwood
December 14th, 2009, 08:26 PM
A little late there my friend...

annihilation
December 14th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Holy shit. I didn't even notice the date. :ugh:

sdavis117
December 14th, 2009, 08:55 PM
How could you not notice the dates? This thread had to be on like page 5 of the Release section.

Not trying to be mean here, in case I came off that way.

annihilation
December 14th, 2009, 08:57 PM
How could you not notice the dates? This thread had to be on like page 5 of the Release section.

Not trying to be mean here, in case I came off that way.

One of my freinds linked me here.
I figured it was new.

Dwood
December 14th, 2009, 09:12 PM
One of my freinds linked me here.
I figured it was new.

Ifaf still needs more rep for the awesome pack, however.

t3h m00kz
December 14th, 2009, 09:38 PM

Like a swarm of birds.

That shouldn't be too hard. Just have them reflect off of everything and home in on targets..

And in order to prevent them from staying around forever, they could, after a while shift to another projectile that has gravity and falls to the ground.

I'll mess around with that concept and see if I can't it functioning. should be easy considering the fact that HALOS TAGS ARE SO EASY TO WORK WITH :downs:

DarkHalo003
December 22nd, 2009, 05:18 PM
This stuff looks awesome. The only thing that bugs me is the Plasma Pistol trail after it is fired. For some reason, I just don't see the awesomeness in a PP trail after firing a charged blast. Is it a contrail?