PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to get an Xbox 360 controller for H2V?

bfett9
April 3rd, 2007, 04:16 PM
Have you or are going to buy a Xbox 360 Controller for Halo 2 Vista?(Note:Xbox 360 controller works with all games not just Microsoft games, but like the Best Buy dude told me it works better with Microsoft games because that is what it was designed for.)

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/images/signature/gm_po_xboxc_detail_1.jpg
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/images/signature/ps_gm_xboxcw.jpg

Other info about Controller at: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=091

Best Price i found was at buy.com using google checkout
1.http://www.buy.com/prod/xbox-360-controller-wired/q/loc/108/201975280.html
2.http://www.buy.com/prod/microsoft-xbox-360-controller-for-windows-xp/q/loc/101/202333751.html

flibitijibibo
April 3rd, 2007, 04:30 PM
I have one, but I don't intend on using it for H2V. I usually use it for anything that isn't an FPS. (For PCs, that's basically that Sonic game from 4 years ago)

Hotrod
April 3rd, 2007, 06:46 PM
Like i said in the other thread, I'll just stick with my keyboard and mouse for PC gaming and the Xbox 360 controller for my 360 (when I get it).

Elite Killa
April 3rd, 2007, 10:45 PM
Best Price i found was at buy.com using google checkout

1.http://www.buy.com/prod/xbox-360-controller-wired/q/loc/108/201975280.html

2.http://www.buy.com/prod/microsoft-xbox-360-controller-for-windows-xp/q/loc/101/202333751.html

$30.00-$36.00 for a controller?! I bought a controller for my 360 for only $20.95.

My vote is more like 2nd and 3rd option, but I said that I already have one cause I do (it's pretty obvious since I just said it...).

BobtheGreatII
April 3rd, 2007, 10:48 PM
In my opinion I'm faster with my mouse and keyboard than I am with a controller. Seems silly, If I wanted to play it with a controller I would go play my friend's xbox :P

Mr Buckshot
April 3rd, 2007, 11:47 PM
I doubt most of us will use X360 controllers (or any gamepads) for Halo 2 Vista, because we are all PC gamers. Gamepads pwn the keyboard at racing and platformer games, but in shooters, the keyboard and mouse is king.

I have used my X360 controller on my Nintendo 64 emulator and PS1 emulator, but that's about it. It may be great for Mario or Ridge Racer, but not for Halo and other FPS games.

Oh, I forgot to mention Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance for PC. It may be a stealth action shooter, but it's painful to use a keyboard to control it, so I use a gamepad instead.

Kornman00
April 4th, 2007, 05:48 AM
I use my 360 pad most of the time in HaloCE, unless I pickup the sniper rifle and then use it; there I press X and *poof* my hands switch to keyboard and mouse =o

Xehsin
April 4th, 2007, 08:12 AM
sadly im getting a laptop, and i cannot use the touch pad to aim and such, moreover im not used to the smooth keyboard, So i guess i will be using the 360 controler for H2V. :(

Hurrvish
April 4th, 2007, 10:28 AM
I use my 360 pad most of the time in HaloCE, unless I pickup the sniper rifle and then use it; there I press X and *poof* my hands switch to keyboard and mouse =o
kornman has hax :O

2. i already have a 360 controller, but i dont plan on getting h2v. instead, ill just get halo 3 P.I.M.P. edition

gandalf27
April 4th, 2007, 04:30 PM
I need to use an xbox 360 controller cause whenever i goto my friend's house to play halo, i'm always the noob who sucks cause i dont know the stupid controls, but if i am on pc i'll own everyone!!! So i'm gonna get the pc controller so that im playing with the controls at home, and so that i can play at my friends house. I bought my controller yesterday it should hopefully be here by Friday!

Limited
April 4th, 2007, 05:43 PM
HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLL NO

One of the reasons I prefer PC over consoles, is the mouse and keyboard. Mainly because I play FPS games. FPS on console just is BLAAAAAAH

Its the opposite for driving games though, cant stand keyboard for driving games.

bfett9
April 4th, 2007, 06:43 PM
I my opinion i'm going to first learn to play the game for the 1st with my controller then after a week i'll practice with keyboard. I'll probably switch of using the controller and keyboard cause i wanna be good with both in case of a Halo 2 Vista tournaments where you are only allowed to use keyboards and mice. Besides i already beat halo 1 pc in legendary using my keyboard and mouse, its just that i've heard that for this game its supposedly harder to play H2V with a keyboard and mouse, but i really doubt that anyone cant play the game for a week, and get a good grip of the controls.

k4is3rxkh40s
April 4th, 2007, 07:15 PM
I already have one. But I probably only use it on H2V for machinema and etc because of the analog controls (if they have them).

bfett9
April 5th, 2007, 04:27 PM
Can someone upload or give me instructions for how to setup my xbox 360 controller for halo 1 pc? Please it would be a real help

Xehsin
April 8th, 2007, 11:50 AM
The new interview says that both controler and keyboard n mouse will be balanced. So you can own with both of 'em. ;)

stalker 4589
April 12th, 2007, 02:09 PM
im a console gamer myself (flame me if you must) and iv had ALOT of experiance with halo 2on my xbox and 360 so hopefully if my FPS is high enough i can enjoy halo 2 like i do on my xbox

Roi
April 12th, 2007, 02:20 PM
I already have one. But I probably only use it on H2V for machinema and etc because of the analog controls (if they have them).
Yeah analog controls (if they use 'em) are cool for machinimas. You don't always have to run around. And I've been told you can use them at the same time, just think about all those crazy ideas...

And yes. I already have one for Trackmania Nations (im a noob on the game) and in the future I will use it for TM Nations.

(How to quote many times..?) Posted by bfett9:
Can someone upload or give me instructions for how to setup my xbox 360 controller for halo 1 pc? Please it would be a real help.
- If you have the Xbox360 for Windows, the same one I have, you just have to instal it and put it in the usb port. Then in halo go to controls setup and -->gamepads and click on the controller. If you have the normal controller for xb360 I don't know then. Maybe you have to download drivers from web or something. And check out the gamepads from controlspanel.

[MT]Slayer
April 12th, 2007, 02:32 PM
so, confirmation of autoaim for players with the XBOX 360 controllers?
cuz if that's true, i'm gonna have to think through before buying halo 2 vista.

Roi
April 12th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Doublepost. Please don't kill me. I want someone notice this ^^

Does anyone know are there ANY autoaim with the controller??? Though I don't know is it stupid to play without autoaim with controller, I just think that someone easy relaxed player eating chips and screwing around with warthog and BLAM surprise! shooting in your head - not even trying to shoot there, is stupid.

Lol, Slayer was faster.

jcap
April 12th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Bungie already confirmed it in one of their first updates on H2V. Nitro expanded on it just a few days ago: http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=47458&postcount=17

Timo
April 12th, 2007, 07:48 PM
I think I might get a wireless reciever for my computer, they're not too expensive :o

Techno Dude
April 14th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Yeah why not, i'd give it a shot

Snaver
April 15th, 2007, 08:56 PM
I'll be giving them both a fair go and see which suits me the best, i honestly can't say at the moment which one i'd use.

Cortexian
April 15th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Keyboard and mouse is king in shooters, so no. And you can just buy a cheaper wired 360 controler, and download the drivers online.

Snaver
April 15th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Keyboard and mouse is king in shooters, so no. And you can just buy a cheaper wired 360 controler, and download the drivers online.

It's actually plug and play with vista :D

Teroh
April 15th, 2007, 09:16 PM
I have one, and plan on using it for Singleplayer and large maps.

dm_tx
April 15th, 2007, 10:09 PM
There's no way I'd use a controller when I can use mouse+keyboard...unless I want to die quickly.

m13120
April 15th, 2007, 10:11 PM
Though when using a mouse and keyboard, can you "walk" and drive at certain speeds like you can when using a joystick?

KingGómez
April 17th, 2007, 10:01 PM
I Only PLay FPS on the PC for a reason, KB+M. So No Xbox Control for me.

Xehsin
April 18th, 2007, 10:21 PM
From the recent interview, it is said to be evenly balanced, but the controler could be a bit more easily useable. :confused2:

DaneO'Roo
April 20th, 2007, 05:09 AM
"Are you going to get an Xbox 360 Controller for H2V? "

no, I'd have to be a fucking retard.

Also, I'm expecting controller emulation hacks giving keyboard and mouse autoaim to be released within hours of the games release. Not a very good idea on M$ part. If people want to use an inferior controller (they are considering they need autoaim to keep up with a keyboard and mouse PC, tis fact don't deny it) they can pay the consequences and actualy try to aim like the rest of us. Including autoaim is just going to be stupid.
Seems like the game is going to be self owned when the whole cheating thing starts again with autoaim trainers.

If people can hack steam, and every single game copy protection existed, I doubt people are going to find it any harder to simply hack the autoaim to work on a keyboard and mouse for H2V.

:fail:

Cortexian
April 20th, 2007, 10:16 AM
I just hope the super autoaim hack doesn't make it's way to H2V, the one for H2X that just locks onto players within your FOV, you don't even need to aim at them, your reticule just goes red, you fire. They die from headshots.

~A.
May 16th, 2007, 04:40 PM
I'm probably gonna use a 360 controller as I'm on a laptop and the keys are too tightly packed and playing with a touch pad doesn't really work. I do have a mouse but my sister is constantly stealing it for her computer as her mouse is broken. I'm good with a controller tho, I just want to chill back, relax and play a few games for fun. plus, controllers are easy to replace when they get smashed during a game, I can't really afford to replace my laptop. :p

xExus
May 17th, 2007, 02:29 AM
I'll be using both. First I'm gonna fool around with the keyboard and mouse but after that I will probably buy a controller.

soccerbummer1104
May 17th, 2007, 11:16 PM
meh, im using keyboard and mouse. but i own a 360 controller for racing games. cant stand the keyboard and mouse for those, but i cant stand the controller for fps. keyboard and mouse are so much faster and more accurate.