PDA

View Full Version : [TAG] H3B Spartan permus (ready for CE)

Spartan094
June 21st, 2009, 06:23 PM
Don't start any shit with me on this topic
http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=94&pictureid=792

http://files.filefront.com/Complete+Halo+3+Spartanszip/;13919880;/fileinfo.html

It's kinda unorganized, use the .bipeds from this directory
h3\objects\characters\masterchief\mp_masterchief

I separated the h3b spartans permus if you don't like random permus. The names are pretty obvious, the mp_masterchief.gbx_model is the random permus one.

And yes, the fingers are curved :)
The beachparty folder has zteams animations (which are already released so :rolleyes:)

Secondary color change or the mark vi detail strip and the armor
Lights (that dont have the blackmarks oshi)

Credits:
Bungie for everything :p
Shaders by me

Btw first release :D

E: The FP arms are in there so have fun! Mose's rigging, uvwing is mine (i hate spec maps) tbh i was testing some things on the fp arms so its not done :|

cudo's to arbiter100 for helping me with the shaders

FRain
June 21st, 2009, 06:26 PM
Does the FP arms have a discrepancy with the thumb still?

Spartan094
June 21st, 2009, 06:28 PM
Yea it does sorry, ill fix that acutaly right now since i have it open in 3ds max

As i said, this is unorganized and my first release but use the directory for biped.

sevlag
June 21st, 2009, 06:46 PM
yay now i can include these on my test map that has every biped compiled on it...

Heathen
June 21st, 2009, 06:46 PM
good looking stuff this.

Spartan094
June 21st, 2009, 06:57 PM
:bunchies: just give proper credit when due. I fixed the fp arms and now im redoing the shaders.

Heathen
June 21st, 2009, 07:15 PM
I suggest you imbed that picture.
http://www.modacity.net/forums/picture.php?albumid=94&pictureid=792

Advancebo
June 21st, 2009, 07:21 PM
I don wanna use beachpartys folder :V
Im moving it all, kk.

Spartan094
June 21st, 2009, 07:32 PM
Cool some -rep just more i need :| thanks CV
its zteams old animations in bp's folder get over it bo.

Eh ill get around to getting the fixed fp model later

Choking Victim
June 21st, 2009, 07:33 PM
Cool some -rep just more i need :| thanks CV
its zteams old animations in bp's folder get over it bo.

Eh ill get around to getting the fixed fp model later
The release was unnecessary. Not to mention the fact that I just don't like you.

Just some -rep, get over it bro********************.

Spartan094
June 21st, 2009, 07:36 PM
Ik right I guess it depends on what point of view serves you :-3

Tbh arbiter100 helped me with the shaders so cudo's to him

Choking Victim
June 21st, 2009, 07:41 PM
Ik right I guess it depends on what point of view serves you :-3
You come across as being quite arrogant, you may think what your saying is wise, but it's quite the opposite. My first encounter with you on halomaps is what closed the casket on whatever respect I had for you, which is why I have a low level of tolerance for you as a user.

Joshflighter
June 21st, 2009, 07:41 PM
Uh, if im not mistaken, I got a warning for stating who -repped and that I was -repped.

E/I think its against the rules.

Anyways, they look nice sort of. I'm not a fan of the major bumps though.

klange
June 21st, 2009, 07:43 PM
These look really great. Nice job. If only biped permutations synced over the server, these could be used for all sorts of fun things...

Spartan094
June 21st, 2009, 07:47 PM
You come across as being quite arrogant, you may think what your saying is wise, but it's quite the opposite. My first encounter with you on halomaps is what closed the casket on whatever respect I had for you, which is why I have a low level of tolerance for you as a user.
cool story bro, now drop it k? You base it off of 1 little encounter so yea drop it still either way.

All you need to do josh is just remove the bump from the detail map so yea.

Thanks bacon, thats why i separated the permus just in-case

Choking Victim
June 21st, 2009, 07:49 PM
cool story bro, now drop it k? You base it off of 1 little encounter so yea drop it still either way.
Isn't it?

First impressions are everything, remember that.

Kornman00
June 21st, 2009, 08:18 PM
I think you may want to fix the collision...the shoes appear to be sunken into the level a bit.

MetKiller Joe
June 21st, 2009, 08:21 PM
Anyway to use OS and create a menu for profiles to use different premutations?

Heathen
June 21st, 2009, 08:26 PM
Anyway to use OS and create a menu for profiles to use different premutations?
think thats been said before.
I think it was no.

Advancebo
June 21st, 2009, 08:33 PM
I think you may want to fix the collision...the shoes appear to be sunken into the level a bit.

I believe its the model with the feet under Z-0. Either that or the foot markers or higher on the model than they should be.

Kornman00
June 21st, 2009, 08:35 PM
Would require overwriting the existing UI code to allow for more game data inputs and event handlers. To top it off, it would require a UI to support the added UI features. To really fill your tank, it would then also have to store it someplace, but I don't think there are any unused fields in the player profile (there may be, but just let me finish)

Either way, it could break normal compatibility, which is not the purpose or design of OS (expect in the remote case of upgraded memory and extended data files but even then I'm making it so those maps won't load in a non-OS based game). Also, I don't have much of the UI system researched and I don't have the spare time to begin to research it to explain how to do it. I have a schedule to keep.

Spartan094
June 21st, 2009, 08:48 PM
I believe its the model with the feet under Z-0. Either that or the foot markers or higher on the model than they should be.
It's just the bones, the models is fine and everything its just the bones, i will fix it tomorrow

Heathen
June 21st, 2009, 09:02 PM
It's just the bones, the models is fine and everything its just the bones, i will fix it tomorrow
Good release, you should have waited and refined them and all before releasing it imo.
And you should have spoken to at least one member of ZTeam before releasing their tags.
I'd imagine the reason CV upset is because now they are unprotected and you are handing them out which is a no no.

For a first release its good, but learn from these mistakes.

Gwunty
June 22nd, 2009, 03:30 PM
Where is my credit? I basically showed you how to make those shaders.

Spartan094
June 22nd, 2009, 05:05 PM
nu-uh, arby told me the bumps i did everything else.

Hunter
June 22nd, 2009, 05:57 PM
Well done on the shaders. I would of been more impressed if the whole biped was custom made instead of ripped :/

DEElekgolo
June 22nd, 2009, 10:51 PM
That fake bump mapping is disgusting.

Delta4907
June 22nd, 2009, 11:27 PM
That fake bump mapping is disgusting.
Was it necessary to say the same thing here as well as Halomaps? Considering you were the first post for the Halomaps thread, I'm sure he already knows what you think of them.

paladin
June 22nd, 2009, 11:46 PM
Was it necessary to say the same thing here as well as Halomaps? Considering you were the first post for the Halomaps thread, I'm sure he already knows what you think of them.

I concur

Rhydgaled
June 23rd, 2009, 03:11 AM
you should have spoken to at least one member of ZTeam before releasing their tags.
I'm a little confused, were those bipeds actually made by Zteam? or have some other tags been included which are Zteam's?

Delta4907
June 23rd, 2009, 04:14 AM
He included ripped ZTeams animations in the rar.

t3h m00kz
June 23rd, 2009, 04:18 AM
Does it matter?

That's an honest question. It's not like Halo CE's community means anything at this point, it's pretty dead.

I mean shit, I hardly ever see people playing SNOW GROVE anymore. That's saying something. I'd imagine nobody really cares very much anymore.

Delta4907
June 23rd, 2009, 04:59 AM
Does it matter?

That's an honest question. It's not like Halo CE's community means anything at this point, it's pretty dead.

I mean shit, I hardly ever see people playing SNOW GROVE anymore. That's saying something. I'd imagine nobody really cares very much anymore.

I agree.

SGWraith
June 23rd, 2009, 07:26 AM
Releasing something that doesn't belong to you and without permission doesn't change whether the CE community is dead or alive. Sure there might not be as many people that care but the principle of the thing is still the same regardless of how many do. Anyhow, this would be between Zteam and spartan to work out, assuming they care.

L0d3x
June 23rd, 2009, 07:55 AM
Sometimes people need to get over their ridiculous principles, in general.
The world would be a better place if sometimes people wouldn't be so hard headed, though I'm not saying I don't stick to my own principles...but there have been times that I had to get over it, for the greater good.

Choking Victim
June 23rd, 2009, 08:05 AM
Sometimes people need to get over their ridiculous principles, in general.
The world would be a better place if sometimes people wouldn't be so hard headed, though I'm not saying I don't stick to my own principles...but there have been times that I had to get over it, for the greater good.
That's cute, did you write it all by yourself?

The argument ended two pages ago, why resurrect it?

L0d3x
June 23rd, 2009, 08:22 AM
Get off your high horse, I did not resurrect any argument by posting my opinion on the matter. Also, just look at the posts right above me, they are of the same caliber as mine.

Choking Victim
June 23rd, 2009, 08:23 AM
Get off your high horse, I did not resurrect any argument by posting my opinion on the matter. Also, just look at the posts right above me, they are of the same caliber as mine.
It was a broad statement, sorry if the second sentence came across as being directed at you.

L0d3x
June 23rd, 2009, 08:35 AM
I forgive you good sir.

Lateksi
June 23rd, 2009, 12:08 PM
This is not a pointless release at all. And he also credited Bungie for what they did.

Edit: I thought people were shitting on him cause of rippin but I read the topic and... sorrieh.

Spartan094
June 23rd, 2009, 12:28 PM
It was a bitch doing the permutations, i messed up on them quite abit. If you move one bone outa place tool just does not like it. The only time consuming parts were the shaders and bitmaps for compling. The conversion thing was about 30 minutes. I converted the rigged h3 spartan in the 3d models section that was released in 07. The bones wouldnt go in ce so i renamed each one, saved the weights, imported halo 1's bones, then i added the bones and loaded the weights (if you mess up just one thing when converting, the rig is screwed up) So yea it took awhile to get it down.

I might start a backpack biped but who knows, nobody might use it.

Rhydgaled
June 23rd, 2009, 12:37 PM
I might start a backpack biped but who knows, nobody might use it.I might try that too, once you release the version with fixed feet. Good work there by the way, I'm glad to see some HALO 3 Spartans released without messed up rigs (as you may remember, mine are messed up too).

Spartan094
June 23rd, 2009, 12:57 PM
Well i would have to redo all the gbx_models to fix the feet, gadfafsad, i knew i shouldn't have curved the leg bones, oh btw the bones move when i re-import back the h3 spartans into 3ds max :(

Heathen
June 23rd, 2009, 02:29 PM
That's cute, did you write it all by yourself?

lodex is an infinite well of knowledgeable quotes.
The man is a poet.