PDA

View Full Version : Application Error When Try To Export

CaptDumb
July 2nd, 2009, 04:19 PM
I get an Application error when I try to export with Blitzkrieg on Max 8 I can't figure out what could be causing it.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn73/CPTDumB/Training.jpg

Inferno
July 2nd, 2009, 04:25 PM
Redo your multimaterials. Set all the material id's to 1 and then do them over again.

Also.... wow.

Ki11a_FTW
July 2nd, 2009, 04:28 PM
horrible mesh, go learn to model, then re do it.

Inferno
July 2nd, 2009, 04:29 PM
Hey look its Mr. Point out the obvious!

He is right though. Go watch some tutorials.

English Mobster
July 2nd, 2009, 04:31 PM
That will never get through tool.
Ever.

Everything MUST be sealed, so you can't have any holes in your model.
Keep your polygon count low, otherwise you can't export or Halo will lag.

Let me guess: You're making this map to put some kind of jet/Longsword/ripped tags in.

CaptDumb
July 2nd, 2009, 04:36 PM
Yeah I kinda figured I would be ripped for the size of the map, woo hoo. But the reason it looks the way it does is because I had to export it from 2010 to max 8, I was not to happy with doing that, but I needed to use Blitzkrieg.

Inferno
July 2nd, 2009, 04:42 PM
Just use bluestreak.

Look it up.

Higuy
July 2nd, 2009, 04:46 PM
You have a bad vertex some where, or you need to move your model to 0 0 0.
Don't let people stop from want you want to do, even if its going to make you better or not. It's Halo CE. Its a game. Have fun.

English Mobster
July 2nd, 2009, 04:51 PM
But what he's trying to pull off, like that, isn't going to work. It'll take a LOT of work to make it so he can get it into Sapien, even.

CaptDumb
July 2nd, 2009, 04:52 PM
Just use bluestreak.

Look it up.

You don't think I've already tried that? If bluestreak worked do you think I would be using max 8 when I have 2010? Bluestreak causes the error were the whole map is fucked up, I looked for a solution and all I got was bluestreak sucks.

Don't believe me I have pictures...
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn73/CPTDumB/largemaperror.jpg

English Mobster
July 2nd, 2009, 04:55 PM
That still doesn't look like it would work...

Here's a tip: For your first map, make a small map. Just make a box, flip the normals, and extrude it out so you get a U or a loop or something. Just get SOMETHING ingame. Then you can work on big stuff.

Bigger stuff is harder to debug than little stuff.

Inferno
July 2nd, 2009, 04:58 PM
TBQH I love max 8. The newer versions of max kind of sucked for me.

And at your skill level I don't think the version you use makes a difference. The basics of max are the same throughout most versions.

Also bluestreak kicks ass.

edit-

Also if your planning on putting a pelican or a longsword in the map... just give up.

CaptDumb
July 2nd, 2009, 04:58 PM
I should have said I few things -
1 This isnt my first map.
2 This worked before it went into the main map...yes there is actually more. 3 I figured it out, it had something to do with the water.