PDA

View Full Version : www.yoyorast.com + Promo video Contest 200$ update

yoyorast
October 4th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Hi Fellows! Let me introduce to you the official Yoyorast Island V1 and V2 related Website.:leet: After many dificulties, it's finally working well and with a simple name: www.yoyorast.com (http://www.yoyorast.com)
There you'll find the latest news on Yoyorast Island V2, a Yoyorast Island V1History Tour (V2 coming soon), a chat box, forums and other features which may be added in the near future. Please take the time to register so you can participate in thinigs such as the forum.:leet: Everybody is Welcome!:cheers:
I wanna say a Big "Thank you" to my friend Beef who has been very dedicated on making this site.:leet: Also a Big Thanks to Rams who made the V1 History section (big update coming soon).:leet:

Now about the Promo video Contest, I had some constructive remarks and suggestions and I think the date of the end of the contest is sufficently far for me to slightly change/update some of the rules and add some usefull info..
I'll quote the old text for those who still aren't aware of the Contest:
(all the quoted text is still valid but I moderate it a bit under each paragraph)

The goal is to promote Yoyorast Island through some videos... so everyone who likes the map, making movies, or winning some money should participate.
There'll be 3 winners selected by our judges composed by me (Yoyorast), TheGhost, Masterz1337, Rams, Phoenix and Beef. Once the contest is closed, each judge will give one point to their 3 prefered movies... in the end there'll be 3 winners:
Well, I still have some doubts about the jury idea cause some might find unfair to give these guys(the jury) such a big power:p :lol:
Here are some other ideas/solution:
- stay with the jury as it is.
- extend the jury with some other guys (non participating in the contest)
- make a poll on www.yoyorast.com (http://www.yoyorast.com) (although maybe people could cheat by telling all their friends to vote for them)
- give the jury (or extended jury) 50% of the decision power and 50% to the poll.
Fill free to discuss this issue.. thks

The 1st place winner wins $120.00, 2nd place wins $50.00 and 3rd place wins $30.00. I will pay the winners by PayPal so you must have or open a PayPal account.
Now the 1st winner will have 5000USD... Joke:lol: it remains the same.

You can record your movie in any video format, but .wmv is prefered, the minimum resolution must be 640x480, and the length between 4 and 5 minutes.
The resolution can of course be higher than 640x480 although this wont make you win the 1st price.
The lengh of the teaser is now extended to 7 min max but you won't be penalized if your teaser is only 4 min long.

You can show the map empty but you also have to show the map with players and great action. Also must show some CTF actions, some Race actions and the diferent spots and strategic places of the map... flying cam is welcome... music is also welcome... but everything is possible, it's up to you and your creativity, but keep in mind the goal is to promote the map and show its qualities (like a teaser for a movie promotion)...
You won't be penalized if you don't show particularly CTF and RACE actions but these are still welcome.. Creativity First! But please don't show an empty map during 7 minutes.

The contest will be closed the October 25, 2006.
This doesn't change..

Let's go to work guys and may the best of you win the $120.00! Every winners will also win the right to betatest V2:hellyeah:
For the movies to keep their original resolution/quality, we won't put all on youtube.. All the movies will be viewable/downloadable by everybody on www.yoyorast.com (http://www.yoyorast.com) although, files will be too big to be uploaded directly on the site so here is how it's going to work:
- When your movie is done just go to http://www.mediamax.com/
- on the new page click on "GO TO MY ACCOUNT"
- on the new page cilck on "file manager".. then on the right of the page click on "hosted".. then just above on "upload"..
- pick your file and the upload begins...
Please don't use this account to host anything unrelated to the Contest. Thks
I, Beef and Rams will regularly check the page and copy paste the links to your movies on an upcoming dedicated page the yoyorast site.:leet:
Have fun making the vids and Good Luck guys!:smoke:

thehoodedsmack
October 4th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Nifty!

Timo
October 5th, 2006, 04:31 AM
Awesome, I can stick with my idea ^_^

Rescudo
October 11th, 2006, 08:18 AM
"Firefox klarte ikke å finne tjeneren www.yoyorast.com."

Meaning 404. =/

rossmum
October 11th, 2006, 10:12 AM
OMG THAT LITTLE å THING IS COOL. I WANT ONE. FOR A PET. I WILL CALL IT TIMMY.

caps...

Same deal here, no dice. Sup 404.

Rescudo
October 11th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Å rly. I have æ's and ø's on my keyboard as well. ;p

By the way, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to use a shared video uploading account... anyone could just log in and delete videos... =\

yoyorast
October 11th, 2006, 01:05 PM
"Firefox klarte ikke å finne tjeneren www.yoyorast.com."

Meaning 404. =/

Beef is working on a new website.. online soon again:)

Å rly. I have æ's and ø's on my keyboard as well. ;p

By the way, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to use a shared video uploading account... anyone could just log in and delete videos... =\

Working on another way to upload files..

Nic
October 11th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Could give you an ftp place to upload an upload script if you want.