PDA

View Full Version : Blocking rep?

Dotkito92
July 10th, 2009, 08:17 PM
My rep history's been pissing me off lately. A lot of people are giving me unjustified negative rep.

Can someone implement a system that allows us to simply block certain other users from giving us rep? That would be great, thanks.

BobtheGreatII
July 10th, 2009, 08:19 PM
My rep history's been pissing me off lately. A lot of people are giving me unjustified negative rep.

Can someone implement a system that allows us to simply block certain other users from giving us rep? That would be great, thanks.

Lol, dude you can disable rep completely, but no, you can't just block certain users. That kind of defeats the purpose of giving rep.

jcap
July 10th, 2009, 08:19 PM
If you want, you can disable your own reputation. I think you are still able to receive it, but it does not show.

If you wish to start a fresh account (either by starting a new one or by deleting all your existing posts/rep), you can private message me.

Dotkito92
July 10th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Uh all I see is an option to hide my rep level. I tried that before, all it does is make my rep bar black, but people can still plus or minus rep me.

Jean-Luc
July 10th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Your definition of justified may be different from what they feel is justified, especially seeing as you are on the receiving end of negative attention. Best advice though is to not let rep get to your head. It is not a measure of your worth as a human being (Looking at YOU Snaf!).

Hell, just actively try to make better posts and you won't receive "unjustified" -rep :mysterysolved:

Llama Juice
July 10th, 2009, 08:25 PM
contrary to popular belief... rep is NOT srs bsns

Bodzilla
July 10th, 2009, 08:29 PM
^

and from what i've seen, it's justified.

StankBacon
July 10th, 2009, 08:31 PM
Uh all I see is an option to hide my rep level. I tried that before, all it does is make my rep bar black, but people can still plus or minus rep me.

so what, stop crying about it, and start posting better.

Mr Buckshot
July 10th, 2009, 08:31 PM
well, your posting quality is a magnet for negative rep you know.

Dotkito92
July 10th, 2009, 08:32 PM
^

and from what i've seen, it's justified.

and how would YOU know that?

BobtheGreatII
July 10th, 2009, 08:35 PM
and how would YOU know that?

Bod knows all. :tinfoil:

jcap
July 10th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Because we aren't oblivious... :eyesroll:

Ok, seriously now, you have a chance so don't blow it, and don't get trolled.

Phopojijo
July 10th, 2009, 08:45 PM
and how would YOU know that?Posts like that... you give off a very hostile impression.

Be a bit more mature and all will be fine... I'm serious.

SnaFuBAR
July 10th, 2009, 08:45 PM

Perhaps everyone remembers who you are, and you have such a negative status associated with you that it has stuck. Try to be a constructive forum member. Nothing I have seen has been unwarranted or unjustified, and imo, you're damn lucky you're not IP banned at this point.

You would've done better making an apology thread then saying your reputation that you brought upon yourself was unwarranted.

Llama Juice
July 10th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Yea, you only have one shot. Do not miss your chance and blow, this opportunity comes once in a lifetime.

Dotkito92
July 10th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Fine, I'll just pretend I never got the rep and start over again. I'll do my best. But seriously, sometimes you guys do over-react.

Dotkito92
July 10th, 2009, 09:02 PM
In after lock: Still though, at least give us the option to TRULY disable our rep. All I see now is an option to hide my rep level - I don't want to do that, I want to actually disable my rep.