PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Placement (etc.) Exams

klange
July 11th, 2009, 09:30 PM
So, it's that time of year again: the time when we find out our scores from the CollegeBoard Advanced Placement exams!

This past May, I took the Physics C (Mechanics and E&M) and Economics (Micro and Macro) exams.

To my heart-stopping amazement, I got fives on all of them (http://blog.phpwnage.com/~klange/ap_scores.png). And I didn't even answer most of the free response questions on the Physics C...

So, how did the rest of you American high school kiddies do on your tests?
(If you take IB or other related tests, feel free to post, too)

flibitijibibo
July 11th, 2009, 09:52 PM
I'm still waiting for my comp sci AB scores. I'm almost 100% sure that I got a perfect score on the free response half, but I fucked the multiple choice up quite a bit. A 4 will make me happy enough. Fucking recursion.

For some reason, free response seems to be wayyy easier. The music theory test was easy as balls on both parts (knew I had a 5 before I left the room), but I probably finished the free-response section in 10-15 minutes at most.

Edit- Heh, got enough information in that png?

Kornman00
July 11th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Is there a way to find your score from about 3 years ago? I don't remember ever getting my last comp sci result...

Syuusuke
July 12th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Ha AP exams, straight up college credits to transfer ftw.

Besides my school does not offer AP exams =/

Though there was a Spanish one I "took" (not really) and got supposedly got a 4.

Teroh
July 12th, 2009, 01:08 AM
I was a Junior, so I took AP US History and AP Biology. 5's on both. AP Euro in Soph year I got a 3 on. Next year AP Psych and AP Calc.

Con
July 12th, 2009, 01:16 AM
I fucked both mine up I'm sure

leorimolo
July 12th, 2009, 01:39 AM
I fucked both mine up I'm sure
Yepp I just didn't care for my ap econ course or AP what a waste of money.

English Mobster
July 12th, 2009, 02:13 AM
I had AP World History, covering topics from about 5,000 B.C. to the Gulf War.
Test was fucking hard, one of the essay questions was unclear about what it was asking, so I kinda BS'ed my way through it.
I got a 3, so I still got College credit at UCLA, where I plan to go.

Warsaw
July 12th, 2009, 01:42 PM
I got gypped out of my Calculus AP exam due to shitty IB exam scheduling, and I missed the IB diploma by 2 fucking points...all because the math one was about nothing we learned during the school year...fucking Geneva.

DrunkenSamus
July 12th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Got a 1 on My AP European History Exam. Fucking bogus. Wrote pretty legit essays but the multiple choice fucks the whole damn exam up.

mR_r0b0to
July 12th, 2009, 04:23 PM
bah, i've gone downhill since sophomore year
sohpmore: 5 on cal, bio, and physics b
junior: 5 on cal II, physics c (both), 3 on english lang, 2 in us history lulz
senior: 5 on chem, 4 on compsci a, 3 on government, 2 on eco and english lit, still waiting on my stats

i didnt study for any of them so :smug:

EDIT: WHAT IS WITH THE WEABOO SMUG SMILEY TAKE IT OFF

Warsaw
July 12th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Got a 1 on My AP European History Exam. Fucking bogus. Wrote pretty legit essays but the multiple choice fucks the whole damn exam up.

This, only replace AP with IB and change the part about multiple choice to something about them sending the tests off to Uganda, which probably knows fuck all about European History. Got a 4 on this exam, but I scored perfectly on all the practise tests and was even given hints by someone who actually scores IB History exams. Fuck VA and its double/triple curriculums. :mad:

DrunkenSamus
July 12th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Well, I'm taking AP U.S. History next year which should be dramatically easier since I live in America and I know more than half of the presidents by heart.

Mr Buckshot
July 12th, 2009, 06:06 PM
IB results:
7 in math HL (done in 2008), physics HL, French SL
6 in chem HL
5 in English SL and History SL (whoa)
Combine that with TOK, I got 39 points in all.

My school hosts AP exams too (not courses). This year I did:
AP Physics C - got a 5
AP English Lit - got a 3 >.< No credit for me argh
AP World History - got a 4

in 10th grade I did Calc AB and in 11th grade I did Calc BC and Stats - 5's on all of them.

Dotkito92
July 12th, 2009, 06:08 PM
I'm not some nerdy loser, I dropped out of high school so no APs for me :)

Warsaw
July 12th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Don't know how you got a 7 in Math HL...those problems were the biggest mindfucks ever. Completely obscure solutions that don't really require any math so much as abstract thinking...which is not what we were taught.

Dwood
July 12th, 2009, 07:33 PM
I am still waiting to find out my AP scores. I'm out of town and it seems my parents won't tell me.

mR_r0b0to
July 12th, 2009, 08:38 PM
I am still waiting to find out my AP scores. I'm out of town and it seems my parents won't tell me.
it's just :8bucks: to get your scores through phone

Dwood
July 12th, 2009, 08:47 PM
it's just :8bucks: to get your scores through phone

I don't have my AP Number with me.

Boba
July 12th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Waiting on my got damn APUSH scores. :v:

n00b1n8R
July 12th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Doing my QCS tests this term, that combined with the my grades for all of year 11/12 will get me my OP which comes in late december/early next year.

I'll be pleased with anything <4

flibitijibibo
July 15th, 2009, 05:40 PM
Bumping for 5 in comp sci. A :iamafag:

itszutak
July 16th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Got a 4 on APUSH. Yay

Con
July 16th, 2009, 01:26 AM
4 on physics 3 on chem kill me

Dwood
July 18th, 2009, 09:35 PM
This has been dead, I know, but I don't want to make a new thread.

I got a 4 in AP United State's History, and a 3 in AP Eng Lang

teh lag
July 19th, 2009, 09:01 AM
5 in English Lang, 5 in Comparative Politics, 4 in CS AB

I was surprised to get a 4, I thought I did better than I did on the CS A exam last year (which I got a 5 on).

...Maybe drawing a picture of batman in the answer book where it said "do not begin writing your answer here" was a mistake.

ramis92
July 19th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Taking AP Psych and AP Physics B next year. We don't get many AP choices at our school though.

Boba
July 19th, 2009, 09:47 PM
I only got a 3 in AP US history... :saddowns:

Oh well, seeing as how I live in fucking Arkansas I probably had the highest grade in the school.

Dwood
July 19th, 2009, 10:30 PM
What was that whole dbq about on apush anyways? those who got fives tell me what they did plz. Oh and as a note my eng lang teacher didnt teach a single thing to the test so i am lucky i passed

Bodzilla
July 20th, 2009, 07:23 AM
5 in English Lang, 5 in Comparative Politics, 4 in CS AB

I was surprised to get a 4, I thought I did better than I did on the CS A exam last year (which I got a 5 on).

...Maybe drawing a picture of batman in the answer book where it said "do not begin writing your answer here" was a mistake.

you should of drawn dickbutt

Teroh
July 20th, 2009, 05:09 PM
What was that whole dbq about on apush anyways? those who got fives tell me what they did plz. Oh and as a note my eng lang teacher didnt teach a single thing to the test so i am lucky i passed
Uh.. It was about slavery no? I don't remember the exact context. Mind refreshing my memory? I remember I threw in a lot of outside info because the documents were shit.

Dwood
July 20th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Uh.. It was about slavery no? I don't remember the exact context. Mind refreshing my memory? I remember I threw in a lot of outside info because the documents were .

They asked how slaves coped with slavery or something like that.

jngrow
July 20th, 2009, 08:39 PM
5 on AP Statistics, i was like WOOT

klange
July 20th, 2009, 08:49 PM
5 on AP Statistics, i was like WOOT
My brother got a five on it and he never attended the class. He's a legend at my high school because of it.

jngrow
July 20th, 2009, 11:07 PM
My brother got a five on it and he never attended the class. He's a legend at my high school because of it.
Haha, cool. Yeah I had an F in homework... but that shits crazy

El Lobo
July 20th, 2009, 11:14 PM
They asked how slaves coped with slavery or something like that.
Sang songs. Boom, answered the question without ever even going to a high school that offered AP courses.

:lobo: