PDA

View Full Version : So does actually anyone use this?

Alwin Roth
July 14th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Ok, so i have skype to talk with my relatives, does anyone actually use this program?

No one ever uses, no one in my school knows what it is, i don't know anyone besides my family or relatives that uses it.

it's a good program, and you should check it out if you haven't,
oh, and it's this online chat thingy, where you can talk to each other using cameras and such.

Reaper Man
July 14th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Yeah, a lot of people use it here, it seems that people in the states haven't heard of it, which is weird.

Syuusuke
July 14th, 2009, 11:25 AM
I've heard of it, but I don't use it =/

klange
July 14th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Used to use it, I don't know enough people with accounts, unfortunately. Don't we use it for Podacity ;) ?

I know a lot of corporate settings use Skype for inter-office communication, because they can also do it when they're out and stuff.

rossmum
July 14th, 2009, 11:36 AM
I use it, mainly so my brosef Kolby and I can chill or play games without all that bothersome typing - sound quality is better than either TS or Vent and it's not like we want large conferences. Four is usually enough, maybe five or six if we're making a group effort to take the absolute piss out of someone or something.

jcap
July 14th, 2009, 04:53 PM
When my parents went to Bermuda for a week-long vacation, we talked every day with a webcam. It worked incredibly well. The picture and voice quality was great.

My dad's been using it ever since I first told him about it to conduct business with people in the British Virgin Islands. When he got a phonebill one month that was $700, he decided to use it. Now it doesn't cost either end anything.

My grandparents also use Skype to talk to my cousins occasionally who had to move to Hong Kong two years ago. It's great.

InnerGoat
July 14th, 2009, 04:57 PM
grandmother uses it

Mythril
July 14th, 2009, 05:00 PM
I use it to talk to my aunt. Only problem is that my microphone wire is extremely short :gonk:

Alwin Roth
July 14th, 2009, 05:02 PM
do you use a laptop?

Ganon
July 14th, 2009, 07:03 PM
When my parents went to Bermuda for a week-long vacation, we talked every day with a webcam.

lol you'd think u would be happy to get rid of them and not have such intimate conversations with them during the week.

my only experience with skype is that its useful for invent prank call sessions. :downs:

kid908
July 14th, 2009, 07:14 PM
I haven't used it. I have an account which I'm just logged in. Never added anyone until today.

Skype use in the States is very low. I only heard of it b/c it was an attached program when I bought my external HDD.

Warsaw
July 14th, 2009, 09:16 PM
I use it, and used to practice music with friends over Skype. Worked very well.

Teroh
July 14th, 2009, 09:37 PM
I have it but I don't use it. I sign on mostly when I know I'm going to be using it with someone else.

Rob Oplawar
July 14th, 2009, 09:42 PM
I use it in conjunction with desktop sharing tools for more or less teleconferencing on group projects. I don't use it for much else.

rossmum
July 14th, 2009, 11:52 PM
If any of you twats want to add me my username shouldn't be too hard to guess, give me some notice if yours is any different though because I don't talk to randoms

Sel
July 14th, 2009, 11:53 PM
I have it

Havent signed into it for over a year though lol

legionaire45
July 15th, 2009, 01:59 AM
I use it to chat with some friends who don't have xfire or gtalk for voip.

That's actually become quite rare though - I might use it to chat with family when I go off to college.

p0lar_bear
July 15th, 2009, 03:42 AM
I've got it, but only because we use it to record Podacity. Back when I was working with MereCatfish on CE.org we were going to use it for the podcast he was going to do, but the whole thing fell through.

Limited
July 31st, 2009, 12:30 AM
Used to use it years ago before Skype sold out, back in 2005, Skype was decent.

I used to love ringing random people that were online and had the "Ring Me" status. No one ever accepts my call now :(

Cojafoji
July 31st, 2009, 12:38 AM
I don't know about you rookypoo, but skype is well established in my area; with seniors. Everyone and their brother uses it where I'm from!

Limited
July 31st, 2009, 12:39 AM
Ring this number if you want a blast
+18003733411

free 411 :D

Edit: Totally skype me up! "limited_edition2005"

ThePlague
July 31st, 2009, 12:48 AM
I've got one now, johnflasser