PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter 6

Heathen
July 15th, 2009, 04:11 PM
yeah yeah, I know.
Probably not too many fans here.
I, myself, am not one.
I went on request of female but you know what?
I enjoyed myself.
I mean, I only liked snape, crazy blonde girl, and this awesome scene where Dumbledude pwns the Olsen Twins with fire, but it was a good watch.

Who else saw this?

Inferno
July 15th, 2009, 04:12 PM
I'm going to soon. I enjoy the series. Just cause.

Heathen
July 15th, 2009, 04:14 PM
We went to the midnight release.
In costume :smug:

Rook
July 15th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Oh it's out? I usually go watch the movies when they come out seeing as I read the whole series

Jean-Luc
July 15th, 2009, 04:15 PM
If I see it, it'll be for Emma Watson :mech2:

Neuro Guro
July 15th, 2009, 04:21 PM
I heard it blows some peehole.

But regardless, I may download it and watch the series when they're all out. Is this the last one? I'm not familiar with the anything past book 5, that's when I stopped reading them.

TheGhost
July 15th, 2009, 04:37 PM
It was good, basically what you'd expect from a HP film.

Higuy
July 15th, 2009, 04:43 PM
I heard it blows some peehole.

But regardless, I may download it and watch the series when they're all out. Is this the last one? I'm not familiar with the anything past book 5, that's when I stopped reading them.
There's one more after this.

NuggetWarmer
July 15th, 2009, 04:46 PM
It was ok. Very lacking.

FluffyDucky™
July 15th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Seeing it tomorrow.

TheGhost
July 15th, 2009, 04:56 PM

Actually two more movies, but yeah.

.Wolf™
July 15th, 2009, 05:59 PM
There's one more after this.Two...Watchin it later today..

paladin
July 15th, 2009, 06:03 PM
I hate Harry Potter.

Heathen
July 15th, 2009, 06:03 PM

Two more. They are splitting to to movies.

ExAm
July 15th, 2009, 06:51 PM
We went to the midnight release.
In costume :smug:Did you get any midnight release from her for agreeing to go? :downs:

Corndogman
July 15th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Went to the midnight showing. The place was freaking packed, they had six theaters showing it, all nearly full. Only a few people were dressed up though.

I liked it, as ghosty said, it was what you'd expect from a HP movie. Although, as they get further into the series I find that too many details are being left out, since the books kept getting longer. I'm glad their splitting the 7th into two movies. You just can't leave out that much detail in the 7th, its all too important.

The thing that annoyed me was that the actress that plays Ginny isn't very attractive. Only good looking people are allowed to fall in love in the movies! In the books she's made out to be really hot. I did however, enjoy Emma Watson, I hear she's gonna be nude in an upcoming movie/production of some sort.

Limited
July 15th, 2009, 07:10 PM
I read all the books but not in a massive hurry to see this one, I still remember going to cinema to see the first film with my sister.

I know that if I see it, it will be a good film but I'm just not drawn into watching it like I used to be.

I hear she's gonna be nude in an upcoming movie/production of some sort.
She said she wouldnt say no to the idea, "when the times right".

Also J.K. Rowling needs to seriously stop showing her boobs at publicity events, its getting beyond nasty.

Heathen
July 15th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Did you get any midnight release from her for agreeing to go? :downs:
BHAHAH, +rep when I can.

Corndogman
July 15th, 2009, 07:46 PM
You didn't answer the question mister :cop:

DrunkenSamus
July 15th, 2009, 07:54 PM
I haven't seen not one HP film whole. I always watch an hour of like the first one, get intrigued, then That 70's Show comes on and my interest wains.

rossmum
July 15th, 2009, 08:00 PM
I saw 1 when it came out with my class and then half of 2 in hospital, heh

TVTyrant
July 15th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Saw the first four, then grew up to be a real boy.

Siliconmaster
July 16th, 2009, 01:20 AM
I went to the midnight premiere with a large group. I personally loved this one, much more than some of the earlier ones. The recurring problem seems to be that they can either focus on the plot, which results in a total ignorance of character (see the fourth movie, for example), or they focus on character and forget about the plot. I personally prefer the latter, though obviously with no plot there's no point at all.

From a filmamker's point of view, I admire this one because it appears to have made a list of stuff that was absolutely crucial to the plot, i.e. Malfoy's shenanigans, S.K.D., and the Horcrux, and then expanded from there while focusing specifically on character. Sure, they left some stuff out, some of which could be considered near-disastrous, but if you take it purely from a movie perspective I thought it did an extremely good job.

And, I'll admit, I shed some manly tears when
Blatant and memeish spoiler
Snape killed dumbledore.
If a Harry Potter movie can have that effect on me then it gets a good review in my book.

Stuff I would have liked to see, but am ok with being gone:

The introduction (or presense whatsoever) of Rufus Scrimgeour
The battle against the Death Eaters as they flee the castle at the end
The funeral

I have a feeling this one will be at the beginning of the 7th movie(s), since those pick up very close to the end of the sixth book anyway. At almost 3 hours, this movie didn't need a whole extra scene at the end. That being said, it did end a little abruptly, though I can accept and enjoy it.

Overall I thought this was a very well-rounded movie, and it (finally) captured the humor so prevalent in the books,s something else earlier movies had a hard time doing. I recommend it, and I say go and judge it for yourself, because reviews are all over the place. The critics love it as a movie, and the fans hate it since it's not the book. I'll have to side with the critics on this one.

Heathen
July 16th, 2009, 03:26 AM
cry
female cried and I was like "WAT?"

It was sad but I mean come on.

Siliconmaster
July 16th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Heh. I don't mind if a movie makes me teary-eyed. I have to be in the right mood though. 3am after waiting in line for 2 hours was probably the right combination. :P

NullZero
July 16th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Goin' in to see this tomorrow :'(
A little hyped up, but I expect results.

Dwood
July 16th, 2009, 11:42 AM
I enjoyed it. They captured the essence of the HP plot tho so overall it wasn't too disappointing.

annihilation
July 16th, 2009, 11:45 AM
I'm not so sure. To me the original feel of HP was gone by the 3rd movie. It went from bright, colorful and happy to dark and gloomy.

Siliconmaster
July 16th, 2009, 12:01 PM
The first movie worked with the happy, but the second was too happy. The Harry Potter books got extremely dark, but always had a light sense of humor. This movie actually has that sense of humor, which is why I liked it so much. I agree with you that that aspect was missing frm some of the earlier films.

NullZero
July 16th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Well I found that the first and second movies really stayed to the plot, and didn't add too many things in to add wow factors. I thought it started in movie 3 and got worse :|

Siliconmaster
July 16th, 2009, 12:35 PM
That's because starting with book 3 the books became longer than the movies. :P They have to condense the plot into something enjoyable and understandable instead of just following it scene by scene. Thy aren't always successful, but they put in good effort.

The wow is there because it was in the book.

NullZero
July 16th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Meh, the battle at the end of OotP didn't stay true. It seemed like dumbledore kept on being on the receiving end. Oh well :(

.Wolf™
July 16th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Ah well..The books got more pages for each book that was realesed..I was hoping for alot more. A dissepointment..Ah ..Hopefully next two will not dissepoint me since splitting it up is a great idea..More of the plot to be fit in the movie..:Yay:

NullZero
July 16th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Yeah, the films for the seventh book should be good. It'll be like no. 1 & 2 but with more blinding sfx

Heathen
July 16th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Heh. I don't mind if a movie makes me teary-eyed. I have to be in the right mood though. 3am after waiting in line for 2 hours was probably the right combination. :P
yah, it was sad.

Corndogman
July 16th, 2009, 10:01 PM
I'm not so sure. To me the original feel of HP was gone by the 3rd movie. It went from bright, colorful and happy to dark and gloomy.

Its staying true to the books though, Its starts off as this wonderful magical place where everything is great, but then they start to realize that not everything is not what it seems and they're are dark forces at work. Tbh I think they capture the essence of this book very well in the movie.

n00b1n8R
July 17th, 2009, 02:07 AM
For me, the movies have been going down hill since the end of the 2nd one (the 3rd was OK but wasn't up to par for my favourite book in the series (at the time :P)), the 4th was bad and the 5th was awful for me (the acting and everything).

Is this much better? Is it much of a return to form? (even if it's as good as the 3rd, that'll be enough for me). I wana see harry potter but i don't want my childhood raped :saddowns:

Also, no running battle through Hogwards, WTF???
That was an epic part of the book and really highlighted how PISSED THE FUCK OFF Harry was. :smith:

Heathen
July 17th, 2009, 02:24 AM
I hate the way Harry walks.
Like he has a baby carrot in his taint.

Hunter
July 17th, 2009, 08:57 AM
I am so pissed off. I went to see it the first day it come out and it had sold out both showings... I wen't like an hour before it started... Went bowling instead... I should go and see it sunday :)

NullZero
July 17th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Just saw the film. Have to say, I was surprised that it kept to the story more than I was expecting, and kept a lot of the important parts (as a film should do).

Cinema was jam-packed (with the gals), so at the beginning, they all started screaming at the sequel to twilight trailer, and when Harry appeared. Not enough men to rawr when hermione came on and to tell the women to repeatedly shut up

Siliconmaster
July 17th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Just saw the film. Have to say, I was surprised that it kept to the story more than I was expecting, and kept a lot of the important parts (as a film should do).

Cinema was jam-packed (with the gals), so at the beginning, they all started screaming at the sequel to twilight trailer, and when Harry appeared. Not enough men to rawr when hermione came on and to tell the women to repeatedly shut up

Hahaha. Same with mine. The opening shot of the twilight trailer came on, and I recognized because I had seen it in transformers. I took one look around me and decided I was screwed. Sure enough "OOOHHHH", and then "NOOO" when "Eddie" abandons the girl in the trailer. :facepalm:

I agree with you on your short review. Kept the important parts and was enjoyable.

DEElekgolo
July 19th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Just saw this movie. It dragged a lot and most of the movie was composed of generic high school love stories, mild humor, and crappy attempts at action.

Siliconmaster
July 19th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Just saw this movie. It dragged a lot and most of the movie was composed of generic high school love stories, mild humor, and crappy attempts at action.

First off, the obligatory question, did you read the book?

I personally liked the love stories, the humor was awesome, and the action scenes they included lived up to the ones in the book.

That being said, the thing that probably bothers me the most is the lack of the end battle. I saw it again today and noticed a lot of subtext that I missed the first time around. For instance, near the end,

when Harry hides under the tower and Snape shushes him, the first time I wondered why the hell Harry didn't do something to stop him. The second time, I paid closer attention. First Dumbledore is disarmed by Draco. Harry raises his wand to do something, but hears voices, and realizes he can't stop all of them. Then, Snape appears, shushes Harry, and Harry wonders if Dumbledore actually was right to trust him, and so he does too. Knowing the events of book seven, when Dumbledore said "Severus, please", I added in my own words, of "do it, please". The second time around I realized that he only says "Severus, please", which would sound to everyone else like a plea for help and assistance. Harry waits for Snape to do something, and instead Snape kills Dumbledore. Possibly only small details, but it was an important clarification to me.

The battle would have been cool, but was probably too long to fit in. Ah well. They couldn't have made the movie go any faster because the book didn't. I liked the movie pacing, but to each his own.

Hunter
July 20th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Watched it last night. It is not the best one... book is way better. But Dumbledore is a crazy old man in that cave with his fire though Lol.

Harry on the other had is pathetic... he is ment to be an all powerful wizard but he does nothing at all... why doesn't he learn new spells like the teleport thing dumbledore can do.. and the fire shit. Eh, if it was me I would learn them...

He could of so owned them all seems as he was an equal match against Voldermort last time he met him in the grave yard in Goblet of Fire. He wasn't even trying... Pussy boy!

(And I think he should use Dumbledore's wand in the next one seems as he is the greatest wizard of all time, maybe his wand will help Harry, Emma Watson and Ron (Don't know proper name) so want to do it :P And Harry and Rons sis)

NullZero
July 20th, 2009, 09:33 AM
yeah, the wand that harry picked up, and then put back down was the elder wand which he would need in the 7th book to kill voldy

Bodzilla
July 20th, 2009, 03:55 PM
good movie.

if your going they're to be taken by the seat of your pants into a wonderous world of un rivalled acting... hten your goign to be dissapointed.
if you want something to enjoy for a while and you can over look the problems you'll like it.

ExAm
July 20th, 2009, 05:39 PM
good movie.

if your going they're to be taken by the seat of your pants into a wonderous world of un rivalled acting... hten your goign to be dissapointed.
if you want something to enjoy for a while and you can over look the problems you'll like it.
Look at dis drunkpost.

n00b1n8R
July 20th, 2009, 05:47 PM
He could of so owned them all seems as he was an equal match against Voldermort last time he met him in the grave yard in Goblet of Fire. He wasn't even trying... Pussy boy!
er, what?
He was shitting his pants, he thought he was going to die.
As usual, the only reason he survived was by plot armour LUCK!!

I'm going to hate it, I can tell right now. :smith:

Skill
July 20th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Great special effects, but Harry Potter just isn't my bag. Nothing against it, I just never liked the books growing up, and I really only went to see this movie because this girl I'm trying to get with wanted to see it (and yes, I did get with her).

I would say it's only for the fans, of which there are quite a lot, but special effects junkies such as myself would get a kick out of it too.

Bodzilla
July 21st, 2009, 02:04 AM
it's a matter of whether or not you go in with the expectations of a masterpiece.... or just another movie.

It's the best movie so far.

Siliconmaster
July 21st, 2009, 02:14 AM
it's a matter of whether or not you go in with the expectations of a masterpiece.... or just another movie.

It's the best movie so far.

Agreed in both aspects, especially the latter. As much as people might nit-pick it, it is undoubtedly the best movie, and hopefully the next two will build off that.

Hunter
July 21st, 2009, 08:00 AM
I still think harry should actually learn some spells though instead of sticking with what he knows. Fuck. he could teleport :/

Hotrod
July 21st, 2009, 08:45 AM
I still think harry should actually learn some spells though instead of sticking with what he knows. Fuck. he could teleport :/
Well, according to the books, he doesn't learn to teleport in the 6th year, since it's only legal for adults (17 years old I believe) to teleport on their own.

Hunter
July 21st, 2009, 09:33 AM
Ministry of Magic suck, where were they when Hogwards was breached? Lol. Have you read the next book then? Because he said hes not coming back to hogwarts... so hes with the almighty 3 again, so they are solo. So maybe he will learn all these crazy spells?

Also, if anyone knows. it is actually possible for wizards to cast magic with a wand? Because Dumbledore teleports without a wand unless he was holding it.

n00b1n8R
July 21st, 2009, 04:59 PM
Ministry of Magic suck, where were they when Hogwards was breached? Lol. Have you read the next book then? Because he said hes not coming back to hogwarts... so hes with the almighty 3 again, so they are solo. So maybe he will learn all these crazy spells?

Also, if anyone knows. it is actually possible for wizards to cast magic with a wand? Because Dumbledore teleports without a wand unless he was holding it.Please just read the books. :gonk:

Hotrod
July 21st, 2009, 05:11 PM
Please just read the books. :gonk:
Agreed, cause everything you're saying now is just silly :P

Heathen
July 25th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Harry potter is terrible because the actor they got fucking sucks. He is supposed to be the most powerful wizard the world ever knew. All he does is make this face :haw: and waddle around being a pussy and spouting more emo faggotry than a linkin park cover band. GROW A DICK, be the most powerful wiZard by doing wizard shit, and stop being a cunt. faggotry in the kindest way possible

n00b1n8R
July 25th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Harry was not the most powerful wizard, just the most lucky hth~

Heathen
July 26th, 2009, 02:52 AM
whateva, he still a douche.

He needs to man up.