PDA

View Full Version : District Revealed! New Pics inside!

MasterChief2829
April 6th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Gamespot has a new Q&A with screens of the new map district, check out the interview and hi-res pics at http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halo2/news.html?sid=6168750&tag=topslot;title;2&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot
After seeing this two new maps for Vista, I can say that I would rather take these instead of Tombstone and Desolation. Great job Halo 2 Vista Team!

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/2838/61335639rp0.jpg
http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/6159/38609865tk2.jpg
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/9944/56493274gs3.jpg
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7403/77466108py1.jpg
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/174/63523016xd3.jpg
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7116/81897523jh0.jpg
http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/3203/76559454vv6.jpg

Cortexian
April 6th, 2007, 08:56 PM
That is hawt, though some parts look a bit... plain...

MasterChief2829
April 6th, 2007, 09:01 PM
They said it supports up to 15 vehicles O_O

Snowy
April 6th, 2007, 09:13 PM
That is hawt, though some parts look a bit... plain...

Yeah, looks like it's missing some bump-maps or something...

Looks like fun though!

MasterChief2829
April 6th, 2007, 09:26 PM
I like how there are multiple levels. So you can be sort of underground, on the main ground, about mid level along the sides of buildings, and on the rooftops sniping. Pretty sweet :cool:

Leiukemia
April 6th, 2007, 09:44 PM
Awesome

m13120
April 6th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Um..Turf is kinda sorta similar to that? This doesn't look all as great as Uplift.

Hurrvish
April 6th, 2007, 10:28 PM
kinda reminds me of chronopolis

Con
April 6th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Something that really bugs me is how bland that road is, seen in the first screenshot. There's no cracks, or tar patches. It looks brand new, but judging by the build-up of rubber from tires, it isn't.

Sever
April 6th, 2007, 10:45 PM
It looks more like Terminal, with the New Mombassa setting. Looks freakin awesome though.

Edit: ^ at least Terminal had the dirt... I agree with Conscars - Where's the inner-city grit?

Cortexian
April 6th, 2007, 10:50 PM
I speculate that their will be "No_Remorse" type infantry game play here. Add vehicles and you have one fun map!

Snowy
April 6th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Anybody else think the blue master chief on the ghost looks really good? And the grenade explosions look better?

Con
April 6th, 2007, 11:53 PM
It may be that they were both up-res'ed.

DaneO'Roo
April 7th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Something that really bugs me is how bland that road is, seen in the first screenshot. There's no cracks, or tar patches. It looks brand new, but judging by the build-up of rubber from tires, it isn't.

^ am agree. IT needs bump maps on the freaking road.

The whole LEVEL needs more bump maps, tbh. Especially the windows and shit on buildings.

and yeah, alot of the particle effects have been upressed, i could tell from screenshots of Uplift.

Sever
April 7th, 2007, 01:58 AM
From what I have deduced from the pics, the map is a not so big square.
Blue base (the garage) is in the upper left corner. Red base (the courtyard) is in the lower right. The elevated path runs vertically in front of blue base, and turns left to blue base, or right to red base (the ramp seen in front of red base). It looks pretty simple to me, yet the direct "rooftop" and alleyway combination, along with the indirect vehicle paths should make for an interesting combat area in my opinion. Still, the bsp skinning could use improving.

Neuro Guro
April 7th, 2007, 02:51 AM
Looks like a very rushed map unfortunately, not just in appearances but the idea of it. The layout of how they have the atrium is almost exactly the same as the SP map , and the parking garage looks like the garage from terminal , but not as cool looking. (woot for originality , but I can see that they may have been pressed for time in making this , so I'll give them that.) Whole thing makes me go mehhhhhhh , but hopefully it will still play good.

Not to self-promote / get off topic here , but I'd be anticipating No Remorse. I'd say Turf is 10x better then District as far as detail goes , but the new No Remorse is going to exceed that. Greatly.

DaneO'Roo
April 7th, 2007, 04:47 AM
Prove much?

eh eh eh eh? MOAR UPDAYTES PLIX

Pred1ator
April 7th, 2007, 06:53 AM
i like this map better than any other map iv seen....

and about the road, the reason they are so shiny is because streetcleaners clean it up for another blood bath >:D

Xehsin
April 7th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Yup i prefer these than the 2 maps for Halo 2 Xbox for sure. I always imagined a map like this, and this map is gonna kick some major ass! I think that the road will be dirty after u skid around it or such. You never know... Anyway this is an awesome map 2/3 the size of Coagulation and 4 times bigger than Turf?! This is awesome! :D

Pred1ator
April 7th, 2007, 10:09 AM
must be a pain getting flag back to base.....

Syuusuke
April 7th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Stunts....

LlamaMaster
April 7th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Yah, sorry but I have to, WHERE ARE THE IMPROVED GRAPHICS AGAIN!? The map it self looks very....meh.... compared to city maps I've seen in CE.

TheGhost
April 7th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Llama, your XBox which was released in 2001 and contains 6-year-old-hardware can spit out 30 of these per second?

No, it can't. And I'm positive it can't render a 1920x1200 version either. It looks as you'd "expect" it to look at higher resolutions. The truth of the matter is the XBox version contained much lower-res textures, but you couldn't tell because it was rendered at such a low resolution anyway.

Hurrvish
April 7th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Yah, sorry but I have to, WHERE ARE THE IMPROVED GRAPHICS AGAIN!? The map it self looks very....meh.... compared to city maps I've seen in CE. thats where the custom map editor comes into play

Stealth
April 7th, 2007, 03:24 PM
So that is why it looks kind of crapy on the xbox. I can't wait to get to learn more about bump maps on vehicles and bipeds.

LlamaMaster
April 7th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Llama, your XBox which was released in 2001 and contains 6-year-old-hardware can spit out 30 of these per second?

No, it can't. And I'm positive it can't render a 1920x1200 version either. It looks as you'd "expect" it to look at higher resolutions. The truth of the matter is the XBox version contained much lower-res textures, but you couldn't tell because it was rendered at such a low resolution anyway.
Honestly, it looks almost the exact same as xbox to me. Woop de do, it has higher resolutions, more pixels to notice how hardly anything changed. (also note that I'm pissed off today)

Limited
April 7th, 2007, 03:55 PM
I'm not impressed, seriously wtf..

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7116/81897523jh0.jpg
Yeah high res! /Not

What's the deal with the floor texture where the MC is standing/ the other MC is dead? That's not high res, that is some fucked up textures/texturing.

LlamaMaster
April 7th, 2007, 04:07 PM
Is that from H2V? If so...lol fail, when I saw your post I thought that was a pic of Halo 2 xbox graphics, and I was all like "huh, I guess the textures are kinda bland", then I saw that it might be from H2V and I was all like "lol".

Xehsin
April 7th, 2007, 04:07 PM
This is sad, what are u guys expecting? Something off a Ps3 or Xbox 360?! If your looking for something really stunning, then wait for Halo 3! This is a Xbox game which was made into Vista, you will get better pics depending on your resolution and graphics card. TheGhost is right, it looks much better than the xbox version, the MCs look better and the explosions look better aswell.

I_Am_Error117
April 7th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Looks good.

This is what I wanted back, before Turf was relaeased

Snowy
April 7th, 2007, 04:30 PM
I always thought the screenshots back from late September always looked much better than the current ones...

Anybody else thing that too?

Compare:
Old ones:
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1121/screenshot10uw7.jpg

New ones:
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/4265/screenshot04jn7.jpg

The new ones look more clean, but more dull. You can also see that with the warthog screens. (imo)

Stealth
April 7th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Ivory Tower and Zanz both have difrent lighting, so ya the skins will look better in one then the other one. >.>

DaneO'Roo
April 7th, 2007, 06:32 PM
yeah, HAlo 2 vista seems to have less "shine and bloom". Now it just looks like halo 1 with a slight glow. Fail.

Stealth
April 7th, 2007, 08:25 PM
one thing that'll be nice if they added some RTR to more things, and RTS, but I don't think they'll do that, if they did that'll make it look more like a Halo 2.5, then just a Halo 2 ported to the PC.

Xehsin
April 7th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Have you noticed that the old shots were taken while people were PLAYING the game? The new ones just show us the map which is being played. Which probably means that their resolution or setting is probably different. So lets not jump the gun.

Snowy
April 7th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Have you noticed that the old shots were taken while people were PLAYING the game? The new ones just show us the map which is being played. Which probably means that their resolution or setting is probably different. So lets not jump the gun.

Indeed, but why wouldn't they turn up the settings?

Xehsin
April 7th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Well maybe there is a certain setting they use for each of their "show-off" maps to 'show-off' the map. Because it seems as that. Maybe the computer they take the pics from use a different setting/graphics card or have a limitation or maybe its a computer in which they take all the 'show-off' map pics, and that computer might be a special computer; because it seems the same for Halo 2 Xbox pics aswell. You never know what goes around the people who make the game, but i highly doubt that H2V is going to be bland. Look at the previous gameplay videos, look at the previous pics, THAT is what H2V is gonna look like.

MasterChief2829
April 7th, 2007, 09:54 PM
It makes no sense that you guys are complaining about the graphical style. Halo PC was just what people wanted. Halo for the PC with a map editor and new maps. It wasn't really graphically upgraded. Now Halo 2 vista is coming out and it's what PC Gamers want, Halo 2 for PC with a map editor and 2 new maps. Why are you expecting Halo 3 visuals?

Hurrvish
April 7th, 2007, 09:56 PM
your pc is no 360

but theyre just implying that, since a pc have capabilities higher than a regular xbox, it should be able to do things better than the console. i.e. better graphics,

LlamaMaster
April 7th, 2007, 10:10 PM
It makes no sense that you guys are complaining about the graphical style. Halo PC was just what people wanted. Halo for the PC with a map editor and new maps. It wasn't really graphically upgraded. Now Halo 2 vista is coming out and it's what PC Gamers want, Halo 2 for PC with a map editor and 2 new maps. Why are you expecting Halo 3 visuals?
I don't care if has graphics better then the xbox, but with those system requirements it sure as hell better.

Xehsin
April 7th, 2007, 11:41 PM
I don't care if has graphics better then the xbox, but with those system requirements it sure as hell better.

it'll look decent, i'll tell you that. Again, referring to my previous posts... Look at the gameplay pics.

Xehsin
April 8th, 2007, 08:59 AM
i doubt it, from the gamplay pictures and videos, the maps look really nice. Even if this is a new map, you can't start to judge it because you haven't seen a gameplay pic of it. The maps probably are different when you actually play in them, 1 more month, and you'll find out.

[MT]Slayer
April 9th, 2007, 10:27 AM
they look good. XBOX is old.

Hurrvish
April 9th, 2007, 09:03 PM
paint jpg compression kills it though

[MT]Slayer
April 9th, 2007, 09:10 PM
ummm urrr, what the hell is that thing? looks like some halo ce map that's been abandoned in the old halo mod shelves. And i mean by how many years, the new 360 is out. It will replace the orignal XB. It's about 5 or 6 years old anyways if it came out in 2001. I bet H2V will look better than HPC, HXB, or H2XB!!! The HPC, well, it's better than HXB, computer pwns. HXB and H2XB and eat dust and rot in a few years. MuHHahahahahahahahahahaha!:shake: :dtonque:

I wonder how many karma i have in my clan forumz. -16. :D well, i used to. Anyway but i'm still gonna be able to go to the exclusive forums in the CMT section, fuck those who are -repping me, what the fuck is the point in karma and rep? I have no reputation at school, at my job, at my house, in front of my wife or kids and friends (no just kidding i have neither of those, although i have friends, nor a job or house), in class or in the public. REP and -REP me all u want. My job is to annoy ppl. I just came here to take advantage of ppl and use u guys as pawns to just get some news about H2V cuz bungie is only talking about halo 3. C U

DELETION LATER!

Hurrvish
April 9th, 2007, 09:15 PM
i cant understand anything you just said
the 360 already came out, and youre talking about it like its gling to come out in the future
and you wont bet h2v will look better. it does look better

and fyi, that map is most likely sunnysharma's map. so i dont think youd want to eh....

Roi
April 11th, 2007, 02:41 PM
The maps look good to me, I'm a fan of big maps with sniping and team-based playing. Textures are good though I'd wanted them to be more like HL2/CSS but as you say it's Xbox game. I like good games, they don't have to contain über graphics. And those text. used in the maps are only the ones you can already find from the mapmaking thingys, do your owns.

Oh yeah, sorry for my bad english.

[MT]Slayer
April 11th, 2007, 06:46 PM
To those who thought that my previous post was incomprehensible:

i don't have time, who do u think i am? Fucking Bill Gates? a Son of a Bitch Osama Bin Laden to dodge those fucking bombs dropped by F-18s? (btw he's already dead, dead June 2006 biatches). U think i have all teh precious time in the world, well, i don't, i really don't know why but i think time is money so ya. I like money. If you don't, i'm sorry that you don't have a psychologist. Phhhbbbt! and that post took 5 minutes, thats enough time anyways.

and i mean, the xboxes suck. Pcs rule! YA! END OF STORY! Xbox came out in 2001. Computers meanwhile, yet older but also newer, huge mainframes with Windows NT and XPS 700s with Windows Vista Ultimate and latest Geforce 8800 GT graphics card and newest games. The halo series made for the first xbox, i'm kinda sad for the first xbox meh. The halo series for the XBOX 360, ok, they have Pixel Shader 3.0 - 4.0, cool. Computers, YOUR LIFE, e-mail, internet, halo, windows vista, pinball, instant messenging, better graphics cards. Please reconsider before you fucking -rep me. I'm deleting this message later incase more inconsiderate imbeciles touch me with that thing.

Hurrvish
April 11th, 2007, 07:27 PM
Slayer]To those who thought that my previous post was incomprehensible:

i don't have time, who do u think i am? Fucking Bill Gates? a Son of a Bitch Osama Bin Laden to dodge those fucking bombs dropped by F-18s? (btw he's already dead, dead June 2006 biatches). U think i have all teh precious time in the world, well, i don't, i really don't know why but i think time is money so ya. I like money. If you don't, i'm sorry that you don't have a psychologist. Phhhbbbt! and that post took 5 minutes, thats enough time anyways.

and i mean, the xboxes suck. Pcs rule! YA! END OF STORY! Xbox came out in 2001. Computers meanwhile, yet older but also newer, huge mainframes with Windows NT and XPS 700s with Windows Vista Ultimate and latest Geforce 8800 GT graphics card and newest games. The halo series made for the first xbox, i'm kinda sad for the first xbox meh. The halo series for the XBOX 360, ok, they have Pixel Shader 3.0 - 4.0, cool. Computers, YOUR LIFE, e-mail, internet, halo, windows vista, pinball, instant messenging, better graphics cards. Please reconsider before you fucking -rep me. I'm deleting this message later incase more inconsiderate imbeciles touch me with that thing.
posting comprehensibly only takes about 50 seconds at max. unless you are this guy -> :haw:, i think you can type up meaningful posts and still not waste your precious time.

btw, halo was originally intended for macs. but after microsoft acquired bungie, they ported/started making halo for xbox. the xbox has 1 purpose like every console. its for games, not for stylesheets, documents, art, etc. its like comparing apples and oranges with pieces of apple stuck in it. your argument cannot hold up for long, and im sure there are pc fanboys out there who think gaming consoles suck and pc is the only solution to gaming. just like you. im sure pcs cant emulate what consoles can do: fucking awesome lan/ splitscreen parties with real people. not pedophiles with an internet connection

take a moment to think before you post; you might save yourself from being :haw:

ExAm
April 12th, 2007, 02:55 AM
They have uberconcrete in the future, don't ya know?

klange
April 12th, 2007, 12:42 PM
It could just be that the pics are old and that they hadn't really finished the textures.

stalker 4589
April 12th, 2007, 01:56 PM
its basically just the outskirts redone. all the textures looked like that in outskirts. also theres a poster of zanzibar :D

[MT]Slayer
April 12th, 2007, 02:25 PM
i was just kidding about that. Well i type fast, and i backspace cuz i make a lot of errors, i counted about 7 errors in this post.

EDIT: spelling and grammar, i'm afraid ppl will -rep me. <.< negative 7 rep.

[MT]Slayer
April 12th, 2007, 02:29 PM
too late :suicide: :haw: :v HEE HEE HAW.
No j/k, i do, i actually think for about 10 - 15 seconds in my mind before posting. But the thoughts are pretty quick if the posts are short like this one.

ExAm
April 12th, 2007, 02:50 PM
You know, Halo for the Xbox looks a lot better than Halo for the PC, because Gearbox didn't bring over all of the graphical features from the original, and didn't even update the texture resolution like the H2V team is doing. It got a graphical downgrade.

bleach
April 12th, 2007, 08:03 PM
i know. Halo PC looks nothing like Halo Xbox because you just told everyone about
You know, Halo for the Xbox looks a lot better than Halo for the PC, because Gearbox didn't bring over all of the graphical features from the original, and didn't even update the texture resolution like the H2V team is doing. It got a graphical downgrade.
I was wondering the same thing about H2V, if it was gonna have a graphics upgrade/update. But it looks the same as H2 Xbox, unless you have a really good video card and a 30 inch widescreen, 1900x1200 resolution, i think.

test

Reaper Man
April 12th, 2007, 11:57 PM
I was wondering the same thing about H2V, if it was gonna have a graphics upgrade/update. But it looks the same as H2 Xbox, unless you have a really good video card and a 30 inch widescreen, 1900x1200 resolution, i think.
Wrong. You obviously haven't paid much attention to what Halo 2 looks like on the Xbox. Halo 2 Vista has new graphical effects such as bloom lighting and parallax mapping. On top of that, it has much higher resolution textures, higher resolution normal maps and in several cases, higher resolution models.

ExAm
April 13th, 2007, 12:36 AM
Still not enough to warrant that whole Vista only thing.

bleach
April 13th, 2007, 10:04 PM
uhh, what do u mean by that? ok w/e, the hell with it, i'll just play the game and maps. I knew that H2V had better graphical features and upgrades then H2 xbox. And what is parallax mapping and bloom lighting? never heard of it, not really into the computer and hardware/software studying.

Roi
April 14th, 2007, 03:32 AM
I wont maka a new topic for this. Is it possible to make "epquiments" for H2V? Such as tripmines and bubbleshields? I'm not very experienced player of ce but I know there are such things as timeboms and so on. But it happens in the weapons selectory(was that right..?).
And I'd want to see other H3 exclusives ported to H2V too, not meaning maps. It's obvious.

Reaper Man
April 14th, 2007, 04:17 AM
Reaper, say phong shaders again. It makes me giggle
<.< >.>

"Phong Shaders"
And, h2v has phong shaders? *goes and looks at footage*

ExAm
April 14th, 2007, 01:45 PM

*wikipedias phong shading*

EDIT:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phong_shading

Reaper Man
April 15th, 2007, 12:23 AM

*wikipedias phong shading*

EDIT:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phong_shading
Fool, I know what phong shaders are.

ExAm
April 15th, 2007, 01:09 AM
Not for you, for others who don't know :P
Of course you knew what they were. Your post makes it obvious.

Techno Dude
April 15th, 2007, 04:29 AM
Looks amazing, outstanding lol

TheSaintlyAlphonse
April 15th, 2007, 01:31 PM
sounds like fun

Varmint260
April 15th, 2007, 02:31 PM
When it comes down to it, does it REALLY matter if the graphics are not much better in H2Vista than H2XBox? Mappers in the H2Vista community are going to use the H2V engine to its fullest to make excellent maps, anyways. So, we're getting plain old Halo 2 XBox, except with soon-to-come awesome addon maps with graphics of the level of quality one comes to expect from some of the best mappers here. I personally don't see any problem here! Of course, I could have lower standards, but I just don't see a problem.