PDA

View Full Version : A good Book...

Alwin Roth
July 16th, 2009, 02:20 PM
So, I enjoy reading Fantasy Novels or Sci-Fi books,
Does anyone know a type of book that has
an Assassin or some kind of Hitman in it?
perhaps a setting like assassin's creed or perhaps in the future.
modern would work as well...

ThePlague
July 16th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Halo books are amazing.

ODX
July 16th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I, personally, enjoy the Inheritence Trilogy Series (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, 4th book).

No guns to be found; swords, spears, pikes, bows, axes, dragons and magic only. There's a few assassin's at points, but they aren't major parts of the books.

annihilation
July 16th, 2009, 03:02 PM
I've got a one, It's in my book shelf. It's kinda like a futuristic hitman kinda thing.
Lemme find it.

Alwin Roth
July 16th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Halo books are amazing.
Read all the ones by Eric Nylund, they sure are amazing.

I, personally, enjoy the Inheritence Trilogy Series (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, 4th book).

No guns to be found; swords, spears, pikes, bows, axes, dragons and magic only. There's a few assassin's at points, but they aren't major parts of the books.

Read all the eragon series as well, except for fourth, they are good as well.
but contain no type of assassination storyline

I've got a one, It's in my book shelf. It's kinda like a futuristic hitman kinda thing.
Lemme find it.

Please do ^_^

k4is3rxkh40s
July 16th, 2009, 03:17 PM
The book Warchild (http://www.amazon.com/Warchild-Karin-Lowachee/dp/0446610771/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top) fits pretty close to your description. It's set in the space-faring future, and is about a child named Jos Musey who's home ship is destroyed; has aliens, pirates, and space soldiers. I'd say more, but I don't know how much of the story you want to be known.

annihilation
July 16th, 2009, 04:17 PM
The book Warchild (http://www.amazon.com/Warchild-Karin-Lowachee/dp/0446610771/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top) fits pretty close to your description. It's set in the space-faring future, and is about a child named Jos Musey who's home ship is destroyed; has aliens, pirates, and space soldiers. I'd say more, but I don't know how much of the story you want to be known.

This is what I was talking about.

k4is3rxkh40s
July 16th, 2009, 05:03 PM
This is what I was talking about.

Have you read the sequel? I haven't finished it but I read a bit into it and it wasn't as much assassins and aliens and fighting and mixed alliances

Pooky
July 17th, 2009, 07:06 PM
There's a Star Wars book out there somewhere called Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter that's all about Maul's quest to assassinate some guy for some reason I don't remember. I guess that might be like what you're looking for.

dark navi
July 17th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Ender's Game series + Ender's Shadow series.

ICEE
July 17th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Halo books are amazing.

I disagree. Read a book by a good writer, and then reread halo books and compare.

I like the Dragonlance series. Geekiest name ever, but its pretty great. unfortunately, it doesn't fit your criteria of containing an assassin, but its still worth the read.

I suggest reading these books and then stop:

Trilogy one:
Dragons of autumn twilight
Dragons of winter night
Dragons of spring dawning

Trilogy two:
Time of the twins
War of the twins
Test of the twins

After this point, the focus shifts to different characters who i didn't find very interesting.