PDA

View Full Version : [TAG] Dark Energy Rifle

Ifafudafi
July 16th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Here it is, boys and girls.
IOxx7qRXeLk

Dark Energy Rifle tags for Halo Custom Edition
Created, born, raised, disciplined, and otherwise credited to Ifafudafi.

Remember that these are indeed tags; you need to know how to put them in a map. If you don't, there are plenty of tutorials floating around which can assist you with that.

Intended to replace the plasma rifle, but can be used alongside it. No stock tags are replaced, although there may be one or two tags from my first Plasma Pack which are overwritten (there aren't any changes, so don't worry about copying things.)

There are absolutely no changes from the Plasma Rifle in my Plasma Pack. It's all visual.

To install, copypaste the "tags" folder over your own. No tags are replaced, although it may ask you permission to overwrite the "tags" folder (this is fine.) To uninstall, remove the tags you just copypasted.

By default, it uses the updated Plasma Rifle model and animations; they're the "newfp.gbxmodel/newfp.model_animations" tags. The old ones (merely labelled "fp" rather than "newfp") are included in case you want to use those. It works fine, although some of the effects may be offset. You should be able to fix this yourself if you have any idea what you're doing.

Feel free to modify, reverse engineer, learn from, and otherwise use these tags in any way you see fit, so long as you give credit to me for their creation.

Enjoy.

Feel free to post any questions here.

Get it at Filefront (http://www.filefront.com/14059295/Dark-Energy-Rifle.zip/). (2.9 MB)

Rentafence
July 17th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Downloadin'

NotAChipmunk
July 17th, 2009, 03:09 AM
Its AWESOME,but it has any speical effects besides being awesome shiny cool and more? (:woop:)

Edit:It has the same melee animation like the normal one?

Sabre
July 17th, 2009, 11:59 AM
How did you get it to have black anyway, I saw your earlier thread, and you said something about changing CE's engine.

Advancebo
July 17th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Its just particle bitmaps. And color changing in the tags.

UnevenElefant5
July 17th, 2009, 12:29 PM
:awesome:

Ifafudafi
July 17th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Its AWESOME,but it has any speical effects besides being awesome shiny cool and more? (:woop:)

Edit:It has the same melee animation like the normal one?

As stated in the post and the readme (a bit ambiguously, granted), it uses the same model/animations as my Plasma Rifle, although the old ones are included. Also as stated in the post/readme, the changes are purely visual.

How did you get it to have black anyway, I saw your earlier thread, and you said something about changing CE's engine.

I have neither the means nor the knowledge to physically change the engine; I was simply saying that I had to work around a lot of CE's default behavior in order to get what I want.

Sabre
July 17th, 2009, 01:15 PM
kk, I see you used Alphas to fool CE, very nice.
Also, very nice weapon, it's not so hard re-routing the tags to your special folder too :D

CodeBrain
July 19th, 2009, 05:00 PM
Looking at the video, it appears that you didn't change the "plasma line" that connects the top part to the bottom. It's blue.

Would of been better if you could of gotten it white or black.

But anyway, its a awesome weapon other than that!

Heathen
July 19th, 2009, 05:10 PM
I dont like the overheat, and maybe a silver skin would have been better.

Ifafudafi
July 19th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Looking at the video, it appears that you didn't change the "plasma line" that connects the top part to the bottom. It's blue.

Would of been better if you could of gotten it white or black.

BLERGHAGH :maddowns:

Thanks for pointing that out.

And, again, feel free to change what you want with the tags. If you think you could improve something yourself, feel free to do so.