PDA

View Full Version : Summer cooling tips

DrunkenSamus
July 17th, 2009, 07:43 PM
It is once again summer in sunny Southern California, I am sweating balls, the AC in my house is cheap and ineffective, turning the fans on also does not bring much relief because the air is already hot. Any cooling tip, practical or not, throw it at me. :downs:

n00b1n8R
July 17th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Ice in your pants.
I'm not even joking here.

ICEE
July 17th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Ice in your hat.
Put on a beanie full of ice and cold water, its refreshing and stimulating and if your not miserable, its good.

flibitijibibo
July 17th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Drink an ^.

But on a serious note, I second n00b's post. Ice in the pants is like jumping in a cold pool: May even sting upon first contact, but then it's like "ahhhhhhh."

Limited
July 17th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Come to England, weather is bloody crap right now, we do get random hot days though but most of the time its raining.

It was fantastic weather, then I bought a BBQ and since then its been raining everyday =\

ThePlague
July 17th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Pshh, i'm in Arizona, shit is 111 today. I'd say get a Swamp Cooler. You can buy them at Home Depot for a hundred bucks or something. Only thing is they only run when it's not muggy, because it creates water in the air.

That, or get a neck cooler. I have one for karting and it works pretty great. I forgot what it's called exactly, and I can't find it, but I know it's pretty cheap. Just look for racing stuff, those are usually the best shit to keep you cool when it's hot.

Alwin Roth
July 17th, 2009, 08:41 PM
Ice in your pants.
I'm not even joking here.

oh good, Im not alone.

ICEE
July 17th, 2009, 09:20 PM
Being naked is always helpful

legionaire45
July 17th, 2009, 11:49 PM
I second the swamp cooler.

Chainsy
July 18th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Tie beers under your armpits.

CN3089
July 18th, 2009, 12:03 AM
move to the southern hemisphere

move back in october

hope this helps

Cojafoji
July 18th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Mind over body. I used to be the guy who complained when the temperature rose above 75°.

Not any longer. I now wear long pants and even sweaters in 95° heat.

No biggy.

Think, therefore you are.

DrunkenSamus
July 19th, 2009, 12:36 AM

Trust me, I have freeballed it.
Los Angeles is not a place where it's hot and dry. It's a place where it's hot and HUMID. Clothes or no clothes, it is ridiculously hot wherever I go. The neck coolers sound like the most practical.

n00b1n8R
July 19th, 2009, 01:33 AM
ICE ON DICK IS THE ONE TRUE SOLUTION

DrunkenSamus
July 19th, 2009, 01:44 AM
ICE ON DICK IS THE ONE TRUE SOLUTION

Ice on genitalia, ok but I am quite mobile and I need a way for ice to stick to me, and it'll wet my chair so it's not exactly the most practical. What are these neck coolers? is it just a collar that "cools" you?

n00b1n8R
July 19th, 2009, 02:01 AM
pud the ice in a zip lock bag you dummy.

hry
July 19th, 2009, 02:19 AM
Go to the gym for a strong style c:

ThePlague
July 19th, 2009, 02:24 AM
Ice on genitalia, ok but I am quite mobile and I need a way for ice to stick to me, and it'll wet my chair so it's not exactly the most practical. What are these neck coolers? is it just a collar that "cools" you?
Yeah. You put it in the freezer or whatever you you desire to make it cold, then just wear it under your shirt. Stays cool for awhile too. If only I could find the damn thing, i'd put up a direct link to it.

annihilation
July 19th, 2009, 03:58 AM
I hate it when Cali is like this :(

Try eating some spicy salsa (with chips of course!)
Drink plenty of water.
Avoid soda, warm pepsi/coke tast like horrid shit.
Put your shirts in the freezer.
Squirt some water on yourself.

Ganon
July 19th, 2009, 08:43 AM
showers are like instant relief. drinking a lot of water is more effective than you would think.

cheezdue
July 19th, 2009, 10:18 AM
You can always try putting your face inside a refrigerator.

Joshflighter
July 19th, 2009, 11:02 AM
What summer are you guys talking about? This year it feels like winter just passed. We haven't even turned the air condition on yet. :\

annihilation
July 19th, 2009, 11:35 AM
What summer are you guys talking about? This year it feels like winter just passed. We haven't even turned the air condition on yet. :\

Yeah but see, we're in California. You're in Canada.

DrunkenSamus
July 19th, 2009, 11:45 AM

If you live by the beach or Orange County, you're good. If you live in LA County, good luck buddy. :saddowns:

legionaire45
July 19th, 2009, 11:53 AM
IDK whether I'm just used to it or whatever, but it's not too bad right now where I am in the valley. Surrounded by 4 story condominiums to the East, West and South.

Teroh
July 19th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Ahahahaha I live in San Francisco. WHAT IS HEAT? *Loves fog*

InnerGoat
July 19th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Stop being lazy and do it right with a window AC unit.

Cojafoji
July 19th, 2009, 01:22 PM
The best cooling tip ever is:

Quit being a pussy and stop complaining about it. Jesus Christ almighty.

Ganon
July 19th, 2009, 01:58 PM
the wisdom of a quarter ton man speaks.

Cojafoji
July 19th, 2009, 05:10 PM
the wisdom of a quarter ton man speaks.
I'm 17.5% of a ton, thank you very much.

Ganon
July 19th, 2009, 05:16 PM

hit 18% and ill send u pictures of my penis. it'll cool you off a bit

Cojafoji
July 19th, 2009, 05:31 PM
hit 18% and ill send u pictures of my penis. it'll cool you off a bit
been losing weight actually.

DrunkenSamus
July 19th, 2009, 05:50 PM

You probably live in a cool environment where you have never experienced two straight months of hot, humid weather. Why don't you come down here to SoCal and experience it for yourself, then we'll see whether you'll be branding us as pussies. >:O

Ganon
July 19th, 2009, 05:51 PM
been losing weight actually.
gratz

Cojafoji
July 19th, 2009, 09:11 PM
You probably live in a cool environment where you have never experienced two straight months of hot, humid weather. Why don't you come down here to SoCal and experience it for yourself, then we'll see whether you'll be branding us as pussies. >:O
no, not at all. pennsylvania is fucking freezing during the summer. i mean, what, 101 with 90% humidity isn't hot at all. though that's only around the city.

but no, we are more prone to cold snaps and mildly cooler weather, but we still catch heat like any other state in summer.

annihilation
July 20th, 2009, 04:40 PM
It gets very hot in Sacramento. It's been around 102-110 the past week.
Good thing we only get about two weeks of it being over 100 in the summer.

DrunkenSamus
July 20th, 2009, 08:07 PM
no, not at all. pennsylvania is fucking freezing during the summer. i mean, what, 101 with 90% humidity isn't hot at all. though that's only around the city.

but no, we are more prone to cold snaps and mildly cooler weather, but we still catch heat like any other state in summer.

I said you probably live in a cold environment...

"no, not at all. Pennsylvania is fucking FREEZING."

Yea, I thought so. No, your state does not catch heat like any other state in the summer. And you contradicted yourself. Don't say people who complain about hot/cold people are pussies and they should deal with it because you clearly don't know the definition of HEAT. If your state is freezing during the summer, then shut up. You have NO idea.

rossmum
July 20th, 2009, 11:52 PM
You kids are fucking pussies. It routinely breaks 45 celcius here in summer and it's humid as fuck, the fact that there are usually a few monster-sized bushfires nearby doesn't help. Between the disturbingly blood-red light filtering through the smoke, the flying embers, and the sheer fucking heat, it's a nightmare.

Doubly so when your air con breaks... :ohdear:

Cojafoji
July 21st, 2009, 12:00 AM
I said you probably live in a cold environment...

"no, not at all. Pennsylvania is fucking FREEZING."

Yea, I thought so. No, your state does not catch heat like any other state in the summer. And you contradicted yourself. Don't say people who complain about hot/cold people are pussies and they should deal with it because you clearly don't know the definition of HEAT. If your state is freezing during the summer, then shut up. You have NO idea.
do you know what sarcasm is? seriously.

Bodzilla
July 21st, 2009, 03:08 AM
You kids are fucking pussies. It routinely breaks 45 celcius here in summer and it's humid as fuck, the fact that there are usually a few monster-sized bushfires nearby doesn't help. Between the disturbingly blood-red light filtering through the smoke, the flying embers, and the sheer fucking heat, it's a nightmare.

bloody canadians.

always winging.

n00b1n8R
July 21st, 2009, 03:10 AM

nsw
:lmao:

rossmum
July 21st, 2009, 09:43 AM
i live in a swamp
yeah how is that working out for you btw

n00b1n8R
July 21st, 2009, 05:00 PM
yeah how is that working out for you btw
p good bro, doesn't get much colder than 7 this year and looks like we're in for some rain :realsmug:

Mr Buckshot
July 22nd, 2009, 10:45 AM
Sit under a tree outside. It works much better than one might imagine. Only trouble is the lack of a power outlet to charge my sources of digital entertainment...thus forcing me to go back indoors. But yeah, tree shade works really well to cool you down.

I'm currently in the California Bay Area as an international student, and yes the summer temperatures really make me miss cool, mild British Columbia. I'm staying with a family friend until term starts, and the AC in their home really sucks. My friend just bought a "portable" AC (big box on wheels with a thick air hose to connect to the window) that works much better, only problem is that it can only be used in one room at a time but I'd suggest buying something like this if you plan on staying indoors in the afternoon.

DrunkenSamus
July 23rd, 2009, 12:30 AM

That's actually very similar to Southern Californian summer weather. The area is very prone to wildfires. Nice try. :v:

Mr Buckshot
July 23rd, 2009, 07:59 AM
I totally remember the Southern California weather. Went to Los Angeles once and got freakin' SUNBURNED. In FEBRUARY. I have not been to LA during the real summer months, but I can imagine how it's like.

DrunkenSamus
July 23rd, 2009, 12:28 PM
I totally remember the Southern California weather. Went to Los Angeles once and got freakin' SUNBURNED. In FEBRUARY. I have not been to LA during the real summer months, but I can imagine how it's like.

The summer months are deadly.

rossmum
July 23rd, 2009, 09:15 PM
That's actually very similar to Southern Californian summer weather. The area is very prone to wildfires. Nice try. :v:
Yeah we get them literally all summer, every summer. Hasn't been a summer in living memory where the entire area between us and Sydney hasn't been alight. Nice try yourself :v:

Kornman00
July 24th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Not so. Staying clothed in the heat helps to keep the perspiration (which is how your body regulates temperature) around your body. So taking off your clothes in the desert or other hot areas would just be a step closer to heat stroke or worse, death. Watch Survivorman; Les Stroud is awesome.

Bodzilla
July 24th, 2009, 08:31 AM
i wear burka's from time to time.

Black is so my colour.

n00b1n8R
July 24th, 2009, 05:33 PM
i wear burka's from time to time.

Black is so my colour.
post pics :q: