PDA

View Full Version : Help Lobo out!! (Need smart people)

El Lobo
July 17th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Answers please....quickly too, facing a time limit.

Find the equation of the line tangent to the graph of at x = 4.
(Put your final answer in slope intercept form and do not round any numbers in your equation.)

Solve the following equation for x:
(Do not round your answer. Keep it exact.)

Differentiate h(x) = ln(4x2 + 3)5.

Differentiate f (x) = 3e2/x .

Gordon has 100 grams of a certain radioactive substance. After 20 days he only has 80 grams remaining. How long until he only has 60 grams left?
(Round your final answer to the nearest hundredth, but do not round any numbers prior to this final answer.)

:lobo:

klange
July 17th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Unless you're on a game show, I'm not helping.

PenGuin1362
July 17th, 2009, 10:22 PM
HA math...that's why i'm an art major. this is like freshmen algebra crap i remember this, can't find anything on google?

legionaire45
July 17th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Double check the questions - #1 and #2 appear to be missing the equations that you are supposed to do stuff with and 4 isn't even legible since what you can't tell what e is to the power of (2? 2/x?).

What exactly are these questions for and why aren't you answering them yourself?

Syuusuke
July 17th, 2009, 11:19 PM
calc ha!
they aren't really clear, especially 3 and 4. Are there supposed to be images in 1 and 2 too?

legionaire45
July 17th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Hint for 3 - d/dx of ln(u) = du / u. You'll also need to remember chain rule.

Hint for 5 - Differential Equations. y(t) = Ce^(kt), where y is the amount of material remaining and t is time.

Do you own homework next time plzkthnx, or at least learn to cheat properly (http://www.wolframalpha.com/).:allears:

Rob Oplawar
July 17th, 2009, 11:42 PM
lulz itt

also,

Gordon
:iamafag:

El Lobo
July 18th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Do you own homework next time

Who's this?

Gordon

What?

Bacon you will be my phone a friend on Millionaire when I get on there.

Thanks to anyone that helped.

legionaire45
July 18th, 2009, 12:50 AM
Who's this?
Apparently someone who actually paid attention in Calc class.

El Lobo
July 18th, 2009, 12:55 AM
Apparently someone who actually paid attention in Calc class.

Oh, hey.

n00b1n8R
July 18th, 2009, 02:02 AM
How old are you el :lobo:

Rosco
July 18th, 2009, 04:07 AM
hey lobo can u play ce with me and king some time or watever thx!

El Lobo
July 20th, 2009, 09:06 PM
How old are you el :lobo:
Hey I'm 20.

I know 20 right? I should be able to handle business calculus pretty easily. Problem is though, I'm a huge procrastinator, and even more so during a summer class. I don't take the time to study that I should take and I don't do the homework. Pretty stupid. But hey, only so much time during the summer for swimming/drinking/job/friends/class/basketball, so I'm unfortunately spending too much time on the "unimportant" activities. I don't know, I got a 29 on my ACT so I'm not exactly an idiot, but I detest studying more than anything.

Much love Modacity.

P.S. Rosco, got a new computer and my family in the process of moving into a new house, so CE disk is MIA.

InnerGoat
July 20th, 2009, 10:10 PM
You don't need the CE disk to play anymore!

Also math... yeah but no thanks. Sorry :-3

rossmum
July 21st, 2009, 12:05 AM
Hey I'm 20.

I know 20 right? I should be able to handle business calculus pretty easily. Problem is though, I'm a huge procrastinator, and even more so during a summer class. I don't take the time to study that I should take and I don't do the homework. Pretty stupid. But hey, only so much time during the summer for swimming/drinking/job/friends/class/basketball, so I'm unfortunately spending too much time on the "unimportant" activities. I don't know, I got a 29 on my ACT so I'm not exactly an idiot, but I detest studying more than anything.
Yeah, that's always been my problem too (except for the job/basketball part, and with gaming taking up more time than all the rest :downs:). I'm not stupid - lacking in common sense and a little slow on the uptake, yes, but I went to one of the top selective high schools in my state - but I never studied and seldom did homework. That worked out just fine for me right up to my last two years, at which point my marks started to go downhill and I pretty well gave up. The main thing was that once I get going with something (gaming, drawing, writing, whatever) I completely sperg out if I get interrupted and so nothing ever got done except for what I wanted to do. I still got into a nuclear med course (no idea how), but I ended up dropping that, too.

I've decided that when I go back to uni I'll just do it part time, two courses per semester or something. Hopefully I'll keep my free time, but not at the expense of my work.