PDA

View Full Version : "After Reach that's it for us," says Bakken

MetKiller Joe
July 26th, 2009, 07:58 AM
"After Reach that's it for us," says Bakken, "We're already working on a new IP that we can't talk about yet. Reach is it for us."
That came from the IGN preview (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/100/1007087p2.html) of ODST.

Two things:

If this new IP isn't halo based, they better answer every question concerning MCs fate in reach and much more. But I really hope it is.

I have absolutely no idea how in the hell they will "one-up" Halo.

Kornman00
July 26th, 2009, 08:04 AM
I'm pretty sure they're just going to leave the MC's fate up to the player. Who knows, their next IP may be universe related (like how halo was related to marathon in some areas) too so they can't spill too many secrets. Plus MS will no doubt keep doing Halo stuff.

Well, since it won't be Halo, I'm sure Bungie has plenty of lessons learned and experience to create another addicting hit with new elements which aren't constricted from previous game's designs.

rossmum
July 26th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Honestly I love Halo but I'll be glad when they finally let it go. Everyone and their mother has had a squeeze of the cow's udder and it's making me really lose enthusiasm for the Halo universe as a whole.

Syuusuke
July 26th, 2009, 10:00 AM
Hmm I was thinking 7 halo (and halo-related series) and that's it. But they didn't make seven yet did they?

klange
July 26th, 2009, 11:16 AM
I want to see bungie go back to Marathon and make a game based off that IP using the Blam! engine.

DEElekgolo
July 26th, 2009, 11:53 AM
I miss Oni.

BobtheGreatII
July 26th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I miss Oni.

This.

FRain
July 26th, 2009, 03:48 PM
This.

Thirded.

klange
July 26th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Thirded.
Forthed.

Make another Oni game bungie! Your real fans want it!

Kornman00
July 26th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Hmm I was thinking 7 halo (and halo-related series) and that's it. But they didn't make seven yet did they?
If you count Halo Custom Edition, they will have :mech2:

English Mobster
July 26th, 2009, 06:16 PM
I beat you guys to it. (http://www.modacity.net/forums/showpost.php?p=435384&postcount=126)

Whatever Bungie has in store for us, I'm really looking forward to it. I don't care if it has any connection to Halo or not, I've really fallen in love with Bungie's games and I can't wait to see what this new IP's about.

jcap
July 26th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Microsoft just filed a trademark for a new company (http://kotaku.com/5320894/microsofts-halo-division-is-called-343-industries): 343 Industries.

Remember, when Microsoft sold Bungie, Microsoft kept the legal rights to the Halo franchise. Bungie was let go with Microsoft having the "first right of refusal" for anything new they produce. Meaning whatever Bungie makes next, Microsoft is going to publish it.

Since Microsoft has the rights, they can do whatever they damn well please with Halo. Whether that means letting it sit and rot, or milking the game to death. Now they have a company to decide just that.

Kornman00
July 26th, 2009, 06:45 PM
ugh. Frankie. So thats where he went

PlasbianX
July 26th, 2009, 08:40 PM
If you count Halo Custom Edition, they will have :mech2:

Halo.
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo Wars
Halo 2 Vista
Halo PC
Halo CE
Halo: ODST
Halo: Reach

:< No.

klange
July 26th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Halo.
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo Wars
Halo 2 Vista
Halo PC
Halo CE

:< Yes.
ftfy

Heathen
July 26th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Uh, this isn't news.

They don't have the legal rights to it anymore...durp.

itszutak
July 27th, 2009, 04:05 AM
Let's see-

Halo 1 (inc. PC, CE, XB)
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo Wars

TBH that's way over enough, but knowing Microsoft (And their recent decisions relating to Halo), they are planning to milk this for a long time. They already have the action figures, the trading card game, the books, the comic books, the anime in production, and they're trying to get a movie working. I'm afraid MS might try to make Halo their Mario or Zelda-- something they can milk for money constantly.

Heathen
July 27th, 2009, 04:29 AM
Halo their Mario or Zelda

as if it isnt already?

Also, dont forget Halo ISG, and Halo Risk.

Then comes halo monopoly and halo Operation, from the makers of the Tickle Me Chief and the I Pee MC.

rossmum
July 27th, 2009, 05:47 AM
I want to see bungie go back to Marathon and make a game based off that IP using the Blam! engine.
Ironically this was the same thought I had just the other day

e/ though not necessarily on Blam!

Alwin Roth
July 27th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Bungie didn't make Halo Wars... and Halo 3 Pc is confirmed around this september i think.

teh lag
July 27th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Halo 3 Pc is confirmed around this september i think.

Wait, what?

Where?

Are you sure you don't mean Halo 3 ODST 0_o

Hotrod
July 27th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Bungie didn't make Halo Wars... and Halo 3 Pc is confirmed around this september i think.
That'd be Halo 3 : ODST, not Halo 3 PC. Learn to keep up. :P

jcap
July 28th, 2009, 01:53 AM
Halo 3 PC will come out this time next year. It's going to be announced not too long after the release of Halo 3: ODST.

The main reason they're holding off right now is to finish the final pack of DLC. Once ODST is out, the final 3 DLC maps will complete the Halo 3 multiplayer experience, and it will be ready for a port.

English Mobster
July 28th, 2009, 03:48 AM
I can see it now.
"Only on Windows 7."

Let's see if Microsoft learned their lesson.

Kornman00
July 28th, 2009, 05:09 AM
They will of course build (or hire :haw:) a new internal studios who they can use as a scapegoat in case it all goes awry again. I can see it now: Halo 3 (ported by Fall Guy Studios). Only for Windows 7. Which is ironic because...well it's numeral 7. :ironicat:

Syuusuke
July 28th, 2009, 08:07 AM
So it'll be Bungie's internal team? right? right?

bleach
July 28th, 2009, 12:33 PM
http://pcgamingcorner.com/wordpress/?p=1115
I'm not sure if this is real. The article itself was posted April.

BobtheGreatII
July 28th, 2009, 12:53 PM
I can see it now.
"Only on Windows 7."

Let's see if Microsoft learned their lesson.

Wouldn't be bad because windows 7 is :iamafag:

Saggy
July 28th, 2009, 01:07 PM
http://pcgamingcorner.com/wordpress/?p=1115
I'm not sure if this is real. The article itself was posted April.
Yeah, April 1st...

Rosco
July 28th, 2009, 01:46 PM
They will of course build (or hire :haw:) a new internal studios who they can use as a scapegoat in case it all goes awry again. I can see it now: Halo 3 (ported by Fall Guy Studios). Only for Windows 7. Which is ironic because...well it's numeral 7. :ironicat:

You know.

Hopefully it'll have better custom support though.. forge was made for joypads.

bleach
July 28th, 2009, 02:21 PM
I wonder if the game supports newer DirectX versions (DX10.1/DX11).

BobtheGreatII
July 28th, 2009, 03:25 PM
I wonder if the game supports newer DirectX versions (DX10.1/DX11).

What game?

bleach
July 28th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Halo 3 PC.
Any ideas how will co-op mode will work?

Saggy
July 28th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Bleach, Halo 3 PC hasn't even been confirmed and there's no point on even speculating on it. Besides, this thread isn't about Halo 3 PC anyways...

Mass
July 28th, 2009, 11:49 PM
You know.

Hopefully it'll have better custom support though.. forge was made for joypads.

They already have a way to play custom games outside of matchmaking, ability to insert new BSPs and skys shouldn't be all that much to allow, in my admittedly uninformed opinion.

SilentChaos
July 29th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Honestly I love Halo but I'll be glad when they finally let it go. Everyone and their mother has had a squeeze of the cow's udder and it's making me really lose enthusiasm for the Halo universe as a whole.

yes. my thoughts exactly. :golfclap: