PDA

View Full Version : [TAG] Dark Energy Cannon

Ifafudafi
July 29th, 2009, 09:58 PM
_f-xoDsmnbc

Dark Energy Cannon tags for Halo Custom Edition
Created, born, raised, disciplined, and otherwise credited to Ifafudafi.
(Remember that these are indeed tags; you need to know how to put them in a map. If you don't, there are plenty of tutorials floating around which can assist you with that.)
Intended to replace the Fuel Rod Gun, but can be used alongside it. No stock tags are replaced, although there may be one or two tags from the Dark Energy Rifle which are overwritten (there aren't any changes, so don't worry about copying things.)
There are absolutely no gameplay changes from the Fuel Rod Gun. It's all visual.
To install, copypaste the "tags" folder over your own. No tags are replaced, although it may ask you permission to overwrite the "tags" folder (this is fine.) To uninstall, remove the tags you just copypasted.
Feel free to modify, reverse engineer, learn from, and otherwise use these tags in any way you see fit, so long as you give credit to me for their creation.
Enjoy.

Comments/Questions/Crit welcome.

Get it at Filefront (http://www.filefront.com/14153843/DarkEnergyCannon.zip/).

I'll be putting this and all the other weapons in Chill Out or Hang 'em High or something after my little trip ending Sunday for gameplay testing.

sneak
July 30th, 2009, 09:50 AM
very cool, another weapon i can add to my collection.
Like the style of the gun, the firing of the gun and the blast.

How would i transfer the after affects to an elite or something similar? (the floating balls coming off of the ground and the dead bodies)

Ifafudafi
July 30th, 2009, 10:28 AM
They're already there.

n00b1n8R
August 1st, 2009, 01:20 AM
The decal from it hitting has always looked fuck-ugly to me (same with the DER), but otherwise very good.

Heathen
August 1st, 2009, 01:34 AM
too many bubbles

BobtheGreatII
August 1st, 2009, 01:35 AM
Ha ha, that looks pretty awesome actually.

Pooky
August 1st, 2009, 02:05 AM
Eh, explosion is seriously boring.

BobtheGreatII
August 1st, 2009, 01:34 PM
Eh, explosion is seriously boring.

And just how should dark energy explode? :allears:

Pooky
August 1st, 2009, 09:34 PM
And just how should dark energy explode? :allears:
_5elgFnQMKA

BobtheGreatII
August 1st, 2009, 10:08 PM
That actually would look pretty cool.

sdavis117
August 1st, 2009, 10:15 PM
To be fair, Dark Matter and/or energy is invisible to the naked eye. That's why it is called dark (place either energy or matter here).

I like how you took a crappy idea of mine (with some actually good ideas for Polar) and turned it into something great.

halopro77
August 9th, 2009, 10:05 AM
make it like a black hole. if you shoot it at a weapon the weapon falls through and disappears until it re spawns. and if u shoot a player they fall to there death

t3h m00kz
August 17th, 2009, 02:22 AM
Your effects have always impressed me, Ifaf. Real out-of-the-box stuff, heh

Matooba
August 19th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Needs its own gun model. Love the effect though.

taterSALAD
August 28th, 2009, 10:29 PM
DO LIKE!

TeeKup
August 28th, 2009, 10:48 PM
If I didn't know any better, I'd say that belongs in Metroid Prime.

Very interesting particle effect. As for a weapon model, I'm thinking of a larger, more robust plasma rifle. Something maintaining the rifle's over all shape but a radical new design. Perhaps with a dark purple color scheme?

UnevenElefant5
August 31st, 2009, 11:07 PM
I would +rep but I must spread it around. Seriously though, that's awesome.