PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 Vista Achievements announced!

Xehsin
April 8th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Over at MGCnews.net (http://news.mygamercard.net/2007/04/08/full-list-of-halo-2-vista-achievements/), someone has posted a list of the new achievements for H2V:

Cairo Station (30 GS) - Complete Cairo Station at Normal, Heroic, or Legendary
Outskirts (30 GS) - Complete Outskirts at Normal, Heroic, or Legendary
Metropolis (30 GS) - Complete Metropolis at Normal, Heroic, or Legendary
The Arbiter (30 GS) - Complete The Arbiter at Normal, Heroic, or Legendary
Oracle (30 GS) - Complete The Oracle at Normal, Heroic, or Legendary
Delta Halo (30 GS) - Complete Delta Halo at Normal, Heroic, or Legendary
Regret (30 GS) - Complete Regret at Normal, Heroic, or Legendary
Sacred Icon (30 GS) - Complete Sacred Icon at Normal, Heroic, or Legendary
Quarantine Zone (30 GS) - Complete Quarantine Zone at Normal, Heroic, or Legendary
Gravemind (30 GS) - Complete Gravemind at Normal, Heroic, or Legendary
Uprising (30 GS) - Complete Uprising at Normal, Heroic, or Legendary
High Charity (30 GS) - Complete High Charity at Normal, Heroic, or Legendary
The Great Journey (30 GS) - Complete The Great Journey at Normal, Heroic, or Legendary
Warrior (100 GS) - Complete the game on Normal difficulty
Hero (50 GS) - Complete the game on Heroic difficulty
Legend (50 GS) - Complete the game on Legendary difficulty
King of the Scarab (20 GS) - Acquire the Scarab gun on the Metropolis level, any difficulty
Silent but Deadly (20 GS) - Kill 7 opponents from behind in a row without being spotted, any level, any difficulty
Demon (25 GS) - Complete any campaign level without dying once on Normal, Heroic, or Legendary
Go Ape Shiv (20 GS) - Kill an enraged, berserk Brute by melee, any level, any difficulty
Stick It (5 GS) - Stick an opponent with a plasma grenade and blow them up
Counterpoint (5 GS) - Kill the sword carrier
Carjacking (5 GS) - Steal an occupied vehicle from an opponent and take it over
Violent Cartographer (25 GS) - Play every available default map and stay in each game until it’s over
Rainman (25 GS) - Play every available game variant, with at least 3 other players, to the end of each game
Double Kill (20 GS) - Kill 2 opponents within 4 seconds
Triple Kill (20 GS) - Kill 3 opponents within 4 seconds
Killtacular (20 GS) - Kill 4 opponents within 4 seconds
Killing Spree (20 GS) - Kill 5 opponents in a row in the same game, without dying
Running Riot (20 GS) - Kill 10 opponents in a row in the same game, without dying
Sniper Kill (10 GS) - Kill an opponent with the sniper rifle or the beam rifle
Roadkill (10 GS) - Run over, hit and kill an opponent with a vehicle
Bonecracker (10 GS) - Hit and kill an opponent with a melee attack
Assassin (10 GS) - Melee an opponent from behind
Skewer Stopper (20 GS) - Kill the sword carrier after they kill 5 or more times in a row with the sword
Vigilante (10 GS) - Stop a Killing Spree of another player
Air Traffic Controller (20 GS) - Blow up the Banshee in flight while manned, with grenades or the rocket launcher
Decorated Soldier (10 GS) - Get awarded at least 8 different medals in one non-team game
Ninja (20 GS) - In a non-team game, kill 5 people by melee, from behind
Flaming Ninja (20 GS) - Kill an opponent that has the Ninja achievement
Hired Gun (20 GS) - Kill an opponent who has the Legend achievement

Discuss.

flibitijibibo
April 8th, 2007, 12:26 PM
Hm. These all seem too easy.

Xehsin
April 8th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Yeah they are very easy, i thought it would be a bit harder, lolz ill be able to complete these in a day. Some points don't make sense though.. why are there 100 point for Normal and 50 for Legendary? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Btw i already posted a source link in my original post.

flibitijibibo
April 8th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Yeah, I saw the link after I posted. I hate it when I post something and the INSTANT I post it I see the answer to my question.

20$ says there will be some kind of achievement race to see who can get them the fastest, and it will only take about 12 hrs of game time max.

TheGhost
April 8th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Probably completing the game is seen as the initial challenege. To go above and beyond earns you more points, but not double what you already got for completing it in the first place or anything like that. It seems a little counter-intuitive but I see why they might have done that.

Boba
April 8th, 2007, 02:43 PM
King of the Scarab? :( It's too hard to get D:

MereCatfish
April 8th, 2007, 02:47 PM
1 sniper kill is an achivement?

Surely it should be more along the lines of 100 sniper kills, 100 stickies, etc?

Xehsin
April 8th, 2007, 02:54 PM
1 sniper kill is an achivement?

Surely it should be more along the lines of 100 sniper kills, 100 stickies, etc?

agreed, because its just so easy to accomplish all of these achievements. I can accomplish half of them in one game. I think Bungie is giving pity to the people who can't play Halo. :(

CabooseJr
April 8th, 2007, 05:55 PM
The funniest one i saw was King of Scarab. getting the scarab gun, i thought Bungie hid it there so nobody would find it, i know this sounds noobish but i hope they find an easy way to get the scarab gun, cause the ways on the xbox are hard. i could never get the banshee in the small tube in the tunnel.

Zeph
April 8th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Doesn't sound right to me.

BobtheGreatII
April 8th, 2007, 07:49 PM
The funniest one i saw was King of Scarab. getting the scarab gun, i thought Bungie hid it there so nobody would find it, i know this sounds noobish but i hope they find an easy way to get the scarab gun, cause the ways on the xbox are hard. i could never get the banshee in the small tube in the tunnel.
It took me two tries with a friend. The first time we waited to long to hijack the banshee and the game made it *poof* away. The second time we nearly missed it but got it and I went and got the Scarab Gun and the soccer ball and had a ton of fun with it.

bfett9
April 8th, 2007, 08:26 PM
I posted this info ages ago, but not in same format. though kinda had same info http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1223

Xehsin
April 8th, 2007, 09:43 PM
I posted this info ages ago, but not in same format. though kinda had same info http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1223

No, this isn't the same information. Its similar, moreover this is the announced one, and is kind of more official.

You never posted this before, you posted something similar to it. I checked before i posted. ;)

Anyway the Scarab gun was hell tough to get, my friend did that part for me.

flibitijibibo
April 8th, 2007, 09:47 PM
If you think about it, most of the campaign achievements could be done with savegame files. Kind of like Action Replay for Xbox.

Hurrvish
April 9th, 2007, 09:46 AM
another article on achievements:
http://www.achieve360points.com/game/halo2/

Timo
April 9th, 2007, 03:29 PM
They seem really, really easy..Especially compared to games like Gears of War, where you need 100 kills with one weapon to get an achievement, not just one kill that you'd normally get every match or two :\ ....and why does clocking the game on Normal give you twice as many points as clocking it on Legendary :?

flibitijibibo
April 9th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Who knows. Maybe it was just points for beating the game period, and then trying higher levels gets you more points. Or maybe their original intention was to give out 50 for easy and 50 for normal, but they mooshed the two together in the end. Again, who knows.

EDIT- Haha, look what I found:

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/5571/capturerm4.jpg

Xehsin
April 9th, 2007, 06:08 PM
another article on achievements:
http://www.achieve360points.com/game/halo2/

nice find. It has the icons aswell.

^haha i lol'ed at that pic. :lol:

TheGhost
April 9th, 2007, 09:34 PM
They seem really, really easy..Especially compared to games like Gears of War, where you need 100 kills with one weapon to get an achievement, not just one kill that you'd normally get every match or two :\ ....and why does clocking the game on Normal give you twice as many points as clocking it on Legendary :?

Timo, some of GoW ones are really easy too...

Zen and the Art of Reloading - 10 GS
Perform 25 perfect active reloads (on any difficulty)

Okay, so reload your gun 25 times... not very difficult.

Zen and the Art Part 2 - 20 GS
Perform 5 perfect active reloads in a row (on any difficulty)

This is really easy and can be done in 20 seconds.

Always Remember Your First - 10 GS
Finish playing a versus ranked match

Okay... play one multiplayer game, you don't even have to win.

I'm not saying that the Halo 2 Vista ones might not be too easy, but I'm saying all games have some easy ones as well as hard ones. And did I just see someone up higher post that it was too hard to find the scarab gun? You guys are contradicting yourselves!

Agamemnon
April 9th, 2007, 10:06 PM
A lot of you are also missing out on how multi player achievements can only be obtained through a Live Gold membership.

TheGhost
April 9th, 2007, 11:14 PM
well, that's the only way they'd be useful anyway...

silver lets you play, which is fine for most users.

Edward Elrich
April 16th, 2007, 08:39 PM
There is an easy way to get the scarab gun: DEVMODE!! (unless Bungie is a bunch of jerks and doesn't let us use devmode...)

edit: Bungie could let us use devmode, but have it set up similar to the Xbox's anti-cheating system. You have devmode on, you can't sign in to Live.