PDA

View Full Version : The most awesome Pilot and Plane Ever.

Dwood
July 31st, 2009, 12:27 PM
This deserves it's own thread (yes i know it's a bit older but w/e)

ZpwyU30g7rI

NullZero
July 31st, 2009, 12:30 PM
:ross:

Jean-Luc
July 31st, 2009, 12:35 PM
Holy shit :iamafag:

Cojafoji
July 31st, 2009, 01:01 PM
That is awesome. Reminds me of what I've see with B-17's. Those things could make it back to England with unimaginable damage.

Kornman00
July 31st, 2009, 01:19 PM
Fucking :ross:some man, just awesome

kid908
July 31st, 2009, 01:57 PM
The F-15, F-15A through E have never lost a single unit to enemy fire. Can't believe that it's being retired in the near future. F-22 is replacing it I believe (not sure...).

Hotrod
July 31st, 2009, 02:09 PM
Shit man, flying and landing a plane with only one wing? That guy is amazing, or more like the title says, the most awesome pilot.

SnaFuBAR
July 31st, 2009, 02:11 PM
Reminds me of the A-10 that took a S.A.M. to the wing, finished out the mission and came home.

America, fuck yeah. (before anyone goes all pro israel on me, the f-15 is american:rolleyes:)

FRain
July 31st, 2009, 02:15 PM
Probably the most badass thing I've seen in a while. :ross:

Sel
July 31st, 2009, 02:21 PM
wheres ross

I was sure he'd have posted here

InnerGoat
July 31st, 2009, 02:22 PM
This plane is too new for his tastes ;)

Cojafoji
July 31st, 2009, 02:25 PM
The F-15, F-15A through E have never lost a single unit to enemy fire. Can't believe that it's being retired in the near future. F-22 is replacing it I believe (not sure...).
a good plane being replaced by a money pit?

it's the bradley assault vehicle all over again!

TeeKup
July 31st, 2009, 05:41 PM
The F-15, F-15A through E have never lost a single unit to enemy fire. Can't believe that it's being retired in the near future. F-22 has replacing it I believe (not sure...).

It is a shame, the F-15 Eagle was a very commendable aircraft. Especially seeing as how the Raptor is having extreme difficulties operating in rain...

Xetsuei
July 31st, 2009, 06:00 PM
Uh...If I'm correct the US government was dropping the F22 because it was way too costly.

You could also buy like 4 F15s for the cost of one F22.

@ OP: I think I've seen this on Discovery or History Channel before, pretty badass.

TeeKup
July 31st, 2009, 09:15 PM
Earlier today I thought it was only production but it does seem the Defense Secretary has indeed decided to entirely drop the F-22 Raptor. I had high hopes for that aircraft, it's design was unique; by far one of the most advanced aircraft of our time.

It's a disappointment to see something with so much potential fall through the cracks.

Cojafoji
August 1st, 2009, 01:32 AM
Earlier today I thought it was only production but it does seem the Defense Secretary has indeed decided to entirely drop the F-22 Raptor. I had high hopes for that aircraft, it's design was unique; by far one of the most advanced aircraft of our time.

It's a disappointment to see something with so much potential fall through the cracks.
why fix what isn't broken? We have four three good jets currently in use that fit all of our needs. f-18, f-15 and the f-16. all good fighters.

Xetsuei
August 1st, 2009, 01:35 AM
why fix what isn't broken?

To improve upon it and get farther. If that logic was used with the automobile, we would still be stuck with the Benz Patent Motorwagen.

Needles
August 1st, 2009, 02:18 AM
That's pretty awesome, I saw it on history channel about 2 times, around 2/3 weeks ago.

Cojafoji
August 1st, 2009, 11:44 AM
To improve upon it and get farther. If that logic was used with the automobile, we would still be stuck with the Benz Patent Motorwagen.
fair enough. but one could definitely argue that all of the tactical suites could have just been added to any one of the already operational fighter aircraft we have. trying to create a new jet is time consuming, expensive etc. refits are a very sound way of upgrading jets and other military equipment.

Xetsuei
August 1st, 2009, 12:28 PM
fair enough. but one could definitely argue that all of the tactical suites could have just been added to any one of the already operational fighter aircraft we have. trying to create a new jet is time consuming, expensive etc. refits are a very sound way of upgrading jets and other military equipment.

Yeah, but the enemy is developing newer, more powerful jets too.

Amit
August 1st, 2009, 01:11 PM
Yeah, but the enemy is developing newer, more powerful jets too.

Who is your "enemy.?" It sounds like you're looking for trouble.

Xetsuei
August 1st, 2009, 01:31 PM
Who is your "enemy.?" It sounds like you're looking for trouble.

Russia. :v:

Cojafoji
August 1st, 2009, 04:44 PM
Russia is developing a 5th Generation fighter that rivals the f-22 and f-35 called the Sukhoi PAK-FA

Russia is more than likely going to sell them to other countries like they do with pretty much every military machine they create excluding nuclear and biological weapons.

I think they already have a deal to sell the plane to India.

If India has 5th generation planes, then Pakistan is more than likely going to want them and Pakistan will begin to develop one or they will also buy PAK-FAs from Russia.

If we don't continue building new planes to stay on top, we are going to fall behind. Using the excuse that our old planes are fine is pointless.

Same thing works with small arms. The M1-Garand worked just fine, but as technology moved on, we had to spend more money to stay on top. Technology has moved on. The f-16, 15, and 18, are becoming obsolete.
see previous post. upgrades sucka.

Disaster
August 1st, 2009, 04:47 PM
The technology being used in the F-22 required a redesign. Otherwise the stealth technology wouldn't work. The entire shape of the plane has to be perfect otherwise it will reflect back radar.

Bodzilla
August 1st, 2009, 07:53 PM
Already got this thread floating around somewhere in here :)

yas wanna talk about the f22's, money pits, planes, AND THE ENEMY continue in the other thread :)