PDA

View Full Version : Sir Bobby Robson

Rosco
August 1st, 2009, 04:51 PM
Soccer legend. RIP.

Anyone who knows this guy knows how much of a loss this is. His dedication and support through out his manager days and retired days inspired many.

He used to also ring Alex Ferguson to personally wish him good luck before every match. (Fergie is the manager at Manchester United)

The man suffered from, as far as I know, different types of cancer, but fortunately he died peacefully in his home.

I will get a link if anyone is interested, I just wanted to make it known because this soccer legend deserves every amount of respect MJ got.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jul/31/bobby-robson-dies

"The prime minister Gordon Brown led the tributes, saying that Robson's "Passion, patriotism, dedication and professionalism knew no equal during his time both as a player and a manager", and countless others echoed such sentiments."

Limited
August 1st, 2009, 04:56 PM
I didnt even know he has cancer. Used to always see him getting interviewed about things. He was a great man and such as inspiration to football.

To me, its come as a sudden shock, I'm so used to seeing him on TV. I never ever thought it was his time yet.

RIP, and there should DEFINITELY be a statue made of him.

NullZero
August 1st, 2009, 05:11 PM
RIP Bobby