PDA

View Full Version : I'm tearing my hair out here.

Ingulit
October 7th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Alright, I've been trying and trying to figure this out now for the past 3 weeks, and nobody I've talked to has been able to give me a straight answer. What I'd like to do is learn how to use a Hex editor to do things such as make my Halo Profile name have special characters (or other things that I've seen people do, like when someone was able to make their name spill into the score section), but nobody I can come in contact with has any knolodge on the subject. I've been trying to experiment with it myself, but to absolutely no avail (this is the FIRST time I've ever touched a Hex Editor in my life, and I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing). I can't even change my name in the Hex editor to one that simply uses default keyboard characters without Halo yelling at me (when I go to change the profile, it tells me to please select a profile or create a new one to continue). How do you guys do it? :confused2:
-Ingulit

~ZMT~Trace
October 7th, 2006, 10:23 PM
i dont know as well, so just wait untill ReTuRn is released

WhÎþLå§h ÐÆmØÑ
October 7th, 2006, 10:25 PM

It's RetuNE.

Ingulit
October 7th, 2006, 11:19 PM
EDIT: I know what RetuNE is now :)

Well, I'd still like to learn how to "Memory hack", just so I get a feel for it. I'm just trying to learn new things here, not have a fancy name :P I could truly care less about how my name looked.
-Ingulit

POST 2:
Sorry for the double post, but I'd like it known... I'm NOT trying to get a fancy name through learning this. I'm simply trying to understand the process of Memory Editing/Hexxing for future refrence (and as a cool trick) for my own personal benifit. I don't want to use some application to do this for me... I'd like to know how the application actually did what it's doing. I've seen some people do some crazy things with memory editing (half of which crashed Rec0's server app in the HiV server, if I'm not mistaken), and I'd like to understand how they managed to do what they did. I'd be more than willing to discuss this on Aim with someone, if anyone knolodgeable on the subject would get on. Meh, I'd just really like to learn to do this. :o
-Ingulit

Atty
October 7th, 2006, 11:51 PM
You might need some rogain if you pull it all out.

Ingulit
October 8th, 2006, 10:24 AM
:|

Looking for feasable help, if anyone has any to offer...

Boo Diddly
October 8th, 2006, 08:58 PM
well, what you can do is record the alt-codes of the charecters that you want and manually add them.

Rescudo
October 11th, 2006, 08:16 AM
i dont know as well, so just wait untill ReTuRn is released

Lawl, I was afraid my sproutingly fantastic choice of name would be hard to remember for certain people... but yes, as Whiplash said, it's RetuNE. :p

Futzy
October 12th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Please don't bump thread.

Thanks you.

sorry