PDA

View Full Version : Schumacher IS BACK!

Limited
August 3rd, 2009, 04:44 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8172310.stm

Michael Schumacher will make a shock return to Formula 1 to replace injured Ferrari driver Felipe Massa.
The seven-time world champion retired at the end of 2006 but will drive at the European Grand Prix on 23 August.
Ferrari said the 40-year-old will stand in for as long as Massa is sidelined by the serious head injuries he sustained in Hungarian Grand Prix qualifying.

Yup, the German legend is returning to F1 to replace Masa who has flown back to Brazil following his horrendous crash in Hungry.

I'm personally not a massive fan of Schumacher, because he kept winning and hes a smug bastard. Yet there cars have totally changed and the rules have changed. Its more up to the driver to win it, therefore he could come back and be total garbage.

I used to be a big fan of F1 years ago, back in the Scuhmacher days with David Coulthard, Fisicella and all the rest. Then it died down really, I follow it a bit now since its more up to the drivers skill which I prefer to watch.

SnaFuBAR
August 3rd, 2009, 04:52 AM
I knew he would. Sucks for Masa, though... what a terrible injury.

rossmum
August 3rd, 2009, 08:25 AM
I used to love watching the F1, kinda lost track of it for a while though. Not really helped by our timezone, but when I can catch a race, I'll gladly watch it.

Should be fun to see Schumacher back, although I doubt the other drivers will see it quite the same way :p

Xetsuei
August 3rd, 2009, 12:12 PM
Everyone is going to expect him to win, and if he doesn't...

But that's still great, Schumacher is one of my favorite drivers, and it will be an interesting race to watch. Massa is already out of the hospital and fine, he's flying back to his home to fully recover. There has been no major damage, not even to his eye as some people have thought.

Limited
August 3rd, 2009, 12:17 PM
Problem is, his eye is likely to have some issues. For normal day people its fine, but for an F1 driver, you need impeccable senses. He has said though, that he cant wait to get back to what he loves, driving.

Xetsuei
August 3rd, 2009, 12:56 PM
Problem is, his eye is likely to have some issues. For normal day people its fine, but for an F1 driver, you need impeccable senses. He has said though, that he cant wait to get back to what he loves, driving.

His eye is fine.

Bhamid
August 4th, 2009, 10:44 AM
How many people outside Europe watch F1? None of my mates in america know what it is...

Syuusuke
August 4th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Uh do you pronounce his last name as shoemaker?

ThePlague
August 4th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Oh sweet! I didn't like Masa that much, so glad Schumacher is back.

Limited
August 4th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Uh do you pronounce his last name as shoemaker?
I pronounce it "Shoe-Maka".

F1 isnt really an American sport, you guys have Nascar and Indy 500?, that is basically similar however F1 cars are much faster.