PDA

View Full Version : So School is just around the corner.

PopeAK49
August 3rd, 2009, 07:52 PM
Well. I just got my classes for my last year of high school. They screwed up on 2 classes but i know what to replace them with, but here is what I have.

-Semester 1-
P.1: United States Gov.
P.2: Marine Science, Biology
P.3: Literature, Shakespeare
P.4: Algebra 2
P.5: Forensics 1
P.6: Track
After school: Culinary art

-Semester 2-
P.1: Marine Science, Oceanography
P.2: Astronomy
P.3: Western Movement
P.4: Algebra 2
P.5: Criminology
P.6: Forensics 2
After School: Pre-Engineering

So discuss anything in this thread about what classes you are taking and what year of high school or college you will be taking.

ThePlague
August 3rd, 2009, 07:56 PM
This year is the last of highschool for me :D

I have no fucking clue what my classes are, because i'm a lazy ass and didn't turn in the card for picking them. Something about "you have to get it signed by your parent/guardian" crap.

With all of those classes you're taking pope, it sounds like you want to be a detective.

Rentafence
August 3rd, 2009, 08:02 PM
Senior year of Highschool. Have no idea what order my classes are in yet, but:

Law & Justice
Pre Calculus
Honors Statistics
AP Biology (woohoo get college credits)
Physics
AP Language
Obligatory PE/free period

kid908
August 3rd, 2009, 08:04 PM
Junior Year of High School (that's United States 11th Grade for over sea pplz)

I still need to have this confirmed on the day of school since our first day is when we actually get our schedule.

1. AP Psychology (semester class: SC)
2. AP Physics (year long class: YC)
3. AP English III (YC)
4. Pre-Calculus (YC)
5. P.E. (SCx2)
6. Research and Development (YC)[It's 3d modeling/animation shit. Believe it or not, this site shits are better than what the past students done for the class. I'll link to vid when I find some on youtube. I've also have more hours and experience in 3ds max than my teacher which means this class is useless to me except for maya experience.]
7. Mental Health Science (SC)
8. AP United States History (YC)
9. AP Statistics (YC)

I love math, that's why I'm doubling up and I can grad this year too, but want to stick around for 1 more year.

teh lag
August 3rd, 2009, 08:08 PM
aggh nooo i don't want to think of school yet :(

but senior year woo

but school aaaaagh :(

-Weight Lifting
-Guided Research in CS
-AP Calculus AB
-AP World History
-AP Physics B
-AP English Lit
-Originally was going to be in Sociology both semesters, but I had a conflict with the CS so now I'm in Philosophy for semester 1 and Sociology 2 for semester 2.... don't know how that's going to work out.

Roostervier
August 3rd, 2009, 08:13 PM
I saw my list some time ago on the web but they disabled the page I went to to see it. My junior year. The first semester's list goes something like this:

AP US History
Trig
English 11 Honours
Spanish III
Advanced PE/Weight Training
Sociology
Intro to 3D Art

PopeAK49
August 3rd, 2009, 08:15 PM
My God. I feel like a dumbass now. I should of never made this thread, lol. :saddowns:

Futzy
August 3rd, 2009, 08:19 PM
I'm switching schools to be the lead graphic artist for the newspaper and website of a new school, but I have to change some of my class on some day this month. If I don't call them I'm fucked; but this is a brand new school, the last school i was at just celebrated its 25th anniversary.

kid908
August 3rd, 2009, 08:19 PM
LMAO Post your last GPA you got on the report card thingy.

FRain
August 3rd, 2009, 08:23 PM
3.64 GPA last year. Sophomore year next year. Also, I had a 3.2 for most of the year and then went UP to 3.64 at the end.

kid908
August 3rd, 2009, 08:27 PM
4.0896 GPA last year. I don't know how much of it is affected by the summer class I took.

Rentafence
August 3rd, 2009, 08:33 PM
4.0896 GPA

Overinflated, overrated.

ThePlague
August 3rd, 2009, 08:35 PM
Like 2.8 or something...i'm a lazy ass

PopeAK49
August 3rd, 2009, 08:38 PM
Basically, I screwed up my whole 2nd year but my GPA is like somewhere around 3.0. I'll have to check when school starts. Also, I decided to make changes this coming school year such as actually trying my best, lol.

teh lag
August 3rd, 2009, 08:41 PM
3.93 unweighted, 4.63 weighted

:remmysmug:

klange
August 3rd, 2009, 08:41 PM
4.0896 GPA last year. I don't know how much of it is affected by the summer class I took.
4.15 overall, 4.5 last year :3

Kalub
August 3rd, 2009, 08:43 PM
Fuck you guys.

Graduated with a 2.9

Neuro Guro
August 3rd, 2009, 08:44 PM
-

kid908
4.15 overall, 4.5 last year :3

:neckbeard:Nice. I screwed up my Spanish I class so yeah, it sucks, but last I check I was placed 11th in my class. Fucking bitches betta get out of the way.

PopeAK49
^This to Kalub. You guys have over rated GPA's, lol.

Neuro Guro
August 3rd, 2009, 08:50 PM
-

kid908
August 3rd, 2009, 08:55 PM
I actually got by with a 2.56 or something like that. Doesn't matter where I'm going. You could get in this place with a 2.0 if you still had a sweet portfolio.

The thing that mainly got mine down was that I was originally planning on going to University of Cincinnati, which had a lot of shitty elitist material to get into the ART PROGRAM! They didn't even want to see a portfolio there, you needed at least a 3.0, and needed a foreign language.

Before I knew that however, I had already signed up for a full schedule of advanced courses. Courses I didn't even need, and couldn't even change. Spanish really killed my grade, scraped with a D, but I failed it the first time. Having Calc + Advanced English when I didn't need it was a lot of extra work too, but I learned a lot.

But now I'm just glad I'm already going to a better school instead of UC, it's partly paid off, and I feel like I got a lot out of that last year in high school.

Not if you're trying to get into a very competitive medical school down the road.
1. MCAT
2. Field Experience (i.e. community service/medical student job)
3. GPA and grades
4. Recommendations

Timo
August 3rd, 2009, 09:17 PM
Damn you guys get to do some intense final year courses at high school. I only had Physics, Chem, Economics, English and Calculus that were reasonable options :|

Syuusuke
August 3rd, 2009, 09:24 PM
Lol same here timo, minus chem + u.s. government

College baby!

cheezdue
August 3rd, 2009, 09:31 PM
Senior year at high school(it feels as if I already left freshman year :|)

AP Economic
AP Government
AP English 4 ._.
AP Art History
AP European history
Calculus(bleh)

Oh God help me with these ap classes. T^T

Varmint260
August 3rd, 2009, 09:38 PM
It goes to show how much more specialized high schools become when they have more than 200 students. In mine, it was basic shit like Biology, Math, English and History. No Criminology, US Government, Law and Justice, Economic studies. I feel so un-cultured and un-educated!

kid908
August 3rd, 2009, 09:44 PM
It goes to show how much more specialized high schools become when they have more than 200 students. In mine, it was basic shit like Biology, Math, English and History. No Criminology, US Government, Law and Justice, Economic studies. I feel so un-cultured and un-educated!

But your Jack O'Neill avatar say you're very edrumacated.

Mr Buckshot
August 3rd, 2009, 09:48 PM
graduated with somewhere between 3.7 and 3.8, IB diploma = 39 points. Some bastard at school got 44 points

My schedule for uni is a bunch of physics (calculus based), chemistry, linear algebra (used AP/IB to skip calculus), english (AP score not good enough :(), and computer science. Doing computer engineering.

I heard that Victoria offers some online AP program (from SIDES, actual service is through Apex Learning) for the whole of BC. You just sit in front of your computer watching animated lectures, your tests and exams are mailed to you periodically and you mail them back, and hopefully you took it seriously if you're taking the AP exam. I didn't go through this online AP program, but some of my friends in mainland BC did.

Ifafudafi
August 3rd, 2009, 10:28 PM
We teachers have started moving into our new classrooms. As opposed to last year, where I had to share a room, I now get my own classroom all to myself to teach exclusively 8th grade English (both regular and "enhanced," a sort of Pre-Pre-AP.)

Next three weeks will consist of me working out a lesson plan for the year, attending several clinics, taking all the district/state tests the kids will take, and finishing up decorating the classrom. Then the fun begins.

Heathen
August 3rd, 2009, 10:30 PM
English IV
Computer Science III
Environmental Science
PE III
Electronics II
Electronics II
Electronics II

Thats right, do to my odd situation (skipped junior year, and am going to trade school)
I have one class for 3 hours.

Daishi
August 3rd, 2009, 10:56 PM
Damn heathen, quite the electronics person, eh?

I'm apparently much less intelligent than you guys...I get to retake the former quarter of Algebra II. My senior year is just gonna be all the standard stuff, US Gov't, Economics, English IV, then as far as other classes go; Aquatic Sciences, AP Biology, and some intermediate math class between algebra and calculus.

Corndogman
August 3rd, 2009, 11:25 PM
Only taking 3 high school classes:

Algebra 2
English 4
American gov./economics

Thats right bitches.

oh yeah, but I'm doing dual-enrollment this year, and taking a 3D Animation program at a technical institute(not game related). That makes up for my other 4 classes. should be awesome.

E: This is my senior year btw. also, i have to take a semester of Spanish 2 online, i failed it 2 years ago with 59% :(.

flibitijibibo
August 3rd, 2009, 11:28 PM
College, bitches.

Music Theory 1+2
Sightsinging 1+2
Music Colloquium
Ensemble
Private Instruction
Freshman English 1+2
Discrete Mathematics 1+2
Bullshit history course, I dunno which one yet

Should be a breeze, assuming I don't suck too much ass at my jury. (I suck right now)

rossmum
August 3rd, 2009, 11:30 PM
first aid, navigation, blowing shit up B)

on a more serious note i might go back to uni and do nuclear med again, except part-time so i don't sperg out

Rook
August 4th, 2009, 02:25 AM
oh hey did I graduate high school guess so

Atty
August 4th, 2009, 02:33 AM
I'm taking:

Humanities
Literature
Human Sexuality
Whatever math class I need

College is fun.

paladin
August 4th, 2009, 02:35 AM
I'm starting my first year at Columbus College of Art and Design.

First year is all "Foundation Studies", 2D + 3D design, drawing, painting, ceramics. Stuff like that.

I'm going to major in Media Studies and get into 3d animation / cinematography. Pixar sort of stuff sounds fun to me. Illustration is what I'm thinking for my minor. I'd like to make some comics one day, and it would be a good thing to fall back on.

Our schools sound alike. Im going to DigiPen Institute of Technology. MY degree will be in Production Animation.

Fall Semester Classes:

Art 101
Art115
Film 115
Animation 117
Biology 115
English Composition through Story Boards 119

Limited
August 4th, 2009, 02:51 AM
Not sure, I take it as it comes, apparently theres a big section of game design and we have to do a crazy big project. Still got a month left though so still lazying around/relaxing.

This is my last year in University, so really going to work hard, although I did say that last year..>_>

Sel
August 4th, 2009, 03:02 AM
Just around the corner for you fucks who havent finished it yet!!!

legionaire45
August 4th, 2009, 03:33 AM
Going into Freshman year of college at RIT on September somethingeth (First Monday of September, don't care to look it up, it's 1:30AM D:). I leave for Rochester, New York on August 27th.
17 credits total:

US History (NIGHT CLASS >=U) - 4 Credits
Microeconomics - 4 Credits
Calc A - 4 Credits
"Enrichment" (sounds a lot like homeroom :/) - 1 Credit
Project Based Introduction to Computer Science - 4 Credits
Along with a PE class I haven't decided on yet and Work Study.

If anyone cares, for senior year of HS I took:
1st semester:

Environmental Science
Composition
US Government
AP Calc (Limits, Derivatives and some early Integration)
Honors Physics (Mechanics)
Internship (Greater San Fernando Valley Chamber of Commerce)

2nd Semester:

Environmental Science (moar fluff class)
Another Composition class
Economics (Micro and Macro)
AP Calc (Integrals and some odds and ends)
Honors Physics (Six Flags Magic Mountain, partying, tiny bit of Mech, some EM stuff) [NOTE: Even with this going on, this was the hardest fucking class in the school. We earned that goddamn field trip]
Web Programming (very basic - covered HTML, CSS and some Javascript)

Meanwhile, I was a staff member of my school's lan-party-set-up-club, sadly in decline, and for the first few weeks I was a member of my school's castrated FIRST robotics team. I also helped a few other clubs with some other stuff.

n00b1n8R
August 4th, 2009, 04:46 AM
School doesn't end till November 20, what are you people on about?
Shit november 20???
104 days D:

Also, have am studying (and have been since the start of year 11):
English (compulsory)
Maths B (high level standard maths)
Maths C (advanced maths)
Physics
Chemistry
Biology (:gonk:)

Llama Juice
August 4th, 2009, 07:04 AM
This thread makes me feel old.

I'll be getting my bachelor's in Science in like five months or somethin like that. Have fun with your highschool.

ChemicalFizz
August 4th, 2009, 12:36 PM
12th grade -

Social Studies:
- Criminal Justice
- AP United States Government and Politics
- AP Macroeconomics / AP Microeconomics

Science:
- Forensic Science (already finished the 3 science Regents courses and AP Environmental Science)

Math:
- AP Calculus AB

Gym:
- Phys. Ed / Outdoor Ed.

English:
- Mythology / Literature & Identity (English classes)

Electives:
- Principles of Engineering

Reaper Man
August 4th, 2009, 12:43 PM
I haven't really paid attention to the classes I'll be sitting since I get my timetable during orientation >_>

Sept 11 (weird, I know) I start SCAD Savannah, majoring in photography.

Heading off to the states Sept 1 though, stopping of in LA and Palm Desert to visit my relatives.

Can't wait :iamafag:

Warsaw
August 4th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Semester I
-General Chemistry I
-Calculus and Applied Geometry I, Honours (IB cheated me of my AP exam, so here I am)
-English Composition I :downs:
-Introduction to Engineering
-Student Development (read: required bullshit)

Semester II
-Calculus and Applied Geometry II
-General Chemistry II
-English Composition II :downs:

And beyond that I have yet to decide.

Aerowyn
August 4th, 2009, 05:38 PM
My last year guys!!!

Semester I
- Logic 1 (Critical Thinking)
- Topics in Contemporary Art
- Illustration V
- Graphic Design and Composition I
- African Tradition in Art
- Basic Physical Science

Semester II
- Ceramics I or Sculpture I
- Painting I (or Printmaking I)
- Drawing II
- An art history class (those are announced later)
- Graphic Design II

Futzy
August 6th, 2009, 12:06 PM
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5782/classdongs.jpg

Peterljr888
August 6th, 2009, 12:16 PM
12th Grade:

Semester I
-AP US Government
-AP Literature and Composition
-AP Physics C: Mechanics
-AP Environmental Science
-AP Calculus AB (I skipped a year of math for this :gonk:)

Semester II
-AP Comparative Government
-AP Literature and Composition
-AP Physics C: Mechanics
-AP Environmental Science
-AP Calculus AB

PenGuin1362
August 6th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Woo school! that means burlington, woo! which also means shit tons of booze...WOO!!

-intro to 3d art
-drawing for game art
-bullshit core class that no one would understand because its specific to champlain
-bullshit core class II that no one would understand because its specific to champlain
-flash

Daishi
August 6th, 2009, 12:34 PM
You guys make me feel fucking stupid. >.>

>>Penguin: All you need to know with core classes is bullshit anyway, so that's just redundant. :P

RedBaron
August 6th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I hate my school. I have a 5.471 weighted GPA and I'm still probably only ranked in the top 20%-30% of my class. They're all fucking over achievers. All of them.

Newbkilla
August 6th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Lmao, I'm going into highschool, and they have no 3d design classes, only engineering (inventor) and some other class, using autocad. Damnit, you guys are lucky.

E/ I have 3.56 gpa at the moment, fucking typing class. Should have a 3.74, due to another class done in middle school, but the asians wanted it not to count because of honors classes they weren't going to be even taking yet.

flibitijibibo
August 6th, 2009, 12:37 PM
I was in a school like yours, Delta. That's why I put my effort towards things that A: are not bound to the school (like my portfolio/getting laid) and B: aren't textbook humping.

RedBaron
August 6th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Yeah, I figured that really, this shit doesn't even matter. All those Elitelists have in their little heads is to make a huge fucking fortune when they're adults, and that's probably all that drives them. We live in a society (US) that beckons for people at a young age to over achieve, to become winners, to reach out and volunteer for the community in a selfless manner. And in the end, it's all for the selfish reason of getting fucking rich individually. That's capitalism.

Me, sure my GPA may be higher than some other's, but all I really care about is having decent enough credentials to get into a half-ass college. Even if I got into Ivy League, who the fuck is going to pay for it? I just want to get school done with and get a half-ass job from which I can pay a half-ass house from. As long as I keep doing shit that makes me happy on the side, this shit doesn't really matter.

PlasbianX
August 6th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Start college this month. Majoring in Computer Art and Graphics Programming. Schedule aint too hard. 2D Design and Drawing class first semester. Rest are core classes and a class for all freshmen to get them used to college. Oh, and a public speaking class. Next semester 2D Design becomes 3D design which will be cool. Summer seemed to go by way to fast.

Cojafoji
August 6th, 2009, 04:56 PM
not taking anything. still paying off college tuition for the last year and a half. probably dropping my degree and grabbing my certs, just for the hell of it though.

Xetsuei
August 6th, 2009, 04:59 PM
I still have another 33 days of summer, so it is not around the corner for me. :neckbeard:

/brag

But besides that, I haven't gotten a list of my classes yet. That will happen on August 26th.

Syuusuke
August 6th, 2009, 05:26 PM
The only notable thing in my schedule is jazz improv, everything else sucks...

Comp sci, linguistic stuff, some calc that i should've done in high school, and some other odd classes...

Higuy
August 6th, 2009, 06:43 PM
First year of High school
oh no!
:haw:
and I haven't got a list yet either, I have about 25 more days of summer, so about another month I will be going.

Warsaw
August 7th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Woo school! that means burlington, woo! which also means shit tons of booze...WOO!!

-intro to 3d art
-drawing for game art
-bullshit core class that no one would understand because its specific to champlain
-bullshit core class II that no one would understand because its specific to champlain
-flash

Yo bre, where you goin'?

LesserOf2Evils
August 7th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Wow I feel old.

Transferring into Tech as a junior. Move in this weekend.

Needles
August 7th, 2009, 03:51 AM
Another year with more douchebags -_-.

I'm just taking some Gym, ROTC, and geometry and pre-med classes.

PopeAK49
August 7th, 2009, 04:04 AM
Who's screwing with you? Do I have to come down there and kick there asses? :realsmug:

neuro
August 7th, 2009, 04:57 AM
school is for scrubs, work like a man! :smug:

Dotkito92
August 7th, 2009, 02:09 PM
No school for me, just the USMC.