PDA

View Full Version : Remove Alt-Text from [youtube] tag

klange
August 4th, 2009, 04:38 PM
This has been annoying me ever since I got my iPod Touch and started visiting from it. The iPod doesn't have Flash (because Apple and Adobe can't come to an agreement on the matter, bunch of pussies), but it does have a feature where non-alt'd YouTube objects display their preview image and allow the user to click them to start the YouTube app.

The problem I have is that, due to the NEED A DISPENSER HERE alt-text applied when Flash is not available or the video fails to load overrides the built-in YouTube handling, making it near-impossible to see what the video is.

However, on the various special tags people use in their signatures to pull music from YouTube videos, this doesn't happen (and I see a very small version of the preview pic and can click it and go to the video).

Basically, to sum things up, get rid of the NEED A DISPENSER HERE so I can watch the damn YouTube videos on my iPod, kthxbye.

sdavis117
August 4th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Fo0cAk35pDg

BobtheGreatII
August 4th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Wow, that was probably the single most annoying thing I've ever listened to.

klange
August 4th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Wow, that was probably the single most annoying thing I've ever listened to.
Go open Pyong's signature and leave it open for five hours straight :3

TheGhost
August 4th, 2009, 05:02 PM
I tested it and I just see the blue question mark block on the iPhone after removing the "NEED A DISPENSER HERE"

klange
August 4th, 2009, 05:04 PM
I tested it and I just see the blue question mark block on the iPhone after removing the "NEED A DISPENSER HERE"
Look at the code for the music one, because I know that works.

*looks for an example*

e: lag's sig works on my iPod (http://www.modacity.net/forums/member.php?u=174)

TheGhost
August 4th, 2009, 05:07 PM
That's embed instead of object, idk we will have to play around with the tags.

klange
August 4th, 2009, 05:12 PM
http://blog.phpwnage.com/~klange/screenshots/IMG_0014.PNG

^ Ie, this.

Syuusuke
August 4th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Why must make us turn our head sideways?

klange
August 4th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Why must make us turn our head sideways?
fixed