PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek: Online -Closed Beta-

IceCube
August 5th, 2009, 04:53 PM
I myself am I very big Star trek fan (oh by the way, im Joshflighter) and uh, Star Trek Online just announced the closed beta that will be given out sometime this year. Of course , being me, I went bezerk. Now, I ended up reading the part where I have to subscribe to another game thing for 55$. That will allow me access to play that game (which I don't care about) for 6 months. Then I am guaranteed a beta key. :realsmug:

Now, question is, should I pay 55$ for a closed beta and get some extra things when the real game comes out, or just be one of those guys who try to make it in the beta but never do? (I really love this game and want to get the beta, but i dunno):ohdear:

Then there is always the option of donating here, but again.. :raise:

(oh and i would have to pay for 2 subscriptions, cause my brother would want to play as well.):ugh:

Link for more info:
http://www.startrekonline.com/

Cojafoji
August 5th, 2009, 05:01 PM
just wait for the normal game. it's so much better.

leorimolo
August 5th, 2009, 06:05 PM
just wait for the normal game. it's so much better.
Wasn't like that with H3, beta multiplayer was much better.

Hotrod
August 6th, 2009, 12:41 AM
I've been really looking forward to Star Trek Online, possibly the only MMO I've ever been interested in, being the huge Trek fan that I am. However, I wouldn't pay 55$ just to get into a Beta.

IceCube
August 6th, 2009, 06:02 PM
This site seems to agree to disagreeing. :(

Heh, I guess you guys are right. (And I agree with you hotrod. Once the game comes out, no one will see me for a few months. :3)

ThePlague
August 6th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Keep the money, and wait till it comes out.