PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 Vista and SPDIF audio (issue)

stunt_man
August 5th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Hello,

I have my computer hooked up to my 32" LCD TV via HDMI with sound. In the control panel, under Sound > Playback, I have "Realtek HDMI Output" selected.

For some strange reason (H2V is the only game I'm having problems with), the game crashes upon exiting and hangs indefinitely during loading sequences. When I switch the sound options in Windows back to my desktop speakers, the game runs fine. It seems I'm unable to play the game with digital sound enabled.

I understand this is a flawed game, and let's just say my hopes aren't very high for finding a solution, but I decided to try anyway. I've been a reader and casual poster since Gearbox and I trust you, folks!

Thanks in advance!

Syuusuke
August 5th, 2009, 06:11 PM
I don't remember the settings, but go inside the Audio options and play around with the settings there. There might be something about using a digital sound card.

flibitijibibo
August 5th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Oh, boy, did I learn this the hard way.

This is gunna suck, but you're gunna need to do two things each time you want to do this:
1. Set the HDMI output as the default audio device.
2. Restart. This is the bitchy part, because you have to do it every time.

For some reason, the way audio drivers are set doesn't apply to all the applications, running or not, when you change them. If that doesn't solve the problem, check the audio settings in GFWL.