PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] Valhalla

Con
April 8th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Updates List

April 8, 2007 - Update (First Page)
May 15, 2007 - Accuracy Check (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=64076&postcount=45)
July 12, 2007 - Revamped Bases (http://www.h2vista.net/forums/showpost.php?p=100465&postcount=78) [new!]April 8, 2007 - Update
No, it's not dead. Valhalla's still on my to-do list, right under the CMT, Evolution, and assorted favours. I decided to work on it a bit today. I didn't accomplish much, just finished remodeling some rocks and fixing some normals. Said rocks can be seen beside the base. I know there's supposed to be 3 of them, but I can add in the 3rd through instance geometry. Yes, that's right- This is going to be an H2V exclusive map. Simply put, it's just better that way. I can have man-cannons, H2 weapons, nicer visuals, and lots of other nifty things.
This map definantly won't be done before H2V comes out, I don't even think the modeling will be done by then. In the little time I get to spend on halo things, I still need to skin bipeds and weapons and skies and levels too. Don't expect updates too often. I got a few pics for you guys, nothing much. It shows the region that I have modeled to completion so far. The first image depics an overhead plan of whats going on at the moment, to give you an idea of what has to be finished still.

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4734/plan6zx0.jpg
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/6663/down6cu7.jpg
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7941/base6wy3.jpg
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/2323/overlay6dg7.jpg

cya next time!

EDIT: Sorry if this is in the wrong section, we don't really have an H2V editing section.

Roostervier
April 8th, 2007, 10:22 PM
It matches up enough, lol. Good job keeping it this accurate thus far.

jcap
April 8th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Wow.

Very nice job. I was thinking about your progress on this just the other day since we haven't heard about it in so long. Nice to know you're still working on it, even though I could have found out simply by asking you about your progress on AIM. >_>

Timo
April 8th, 2007, 10:25 PM
Very nice :o

Syuusuke
April 8th, 2007, 10:31 PM
Hi =)

Wow that last picture made me think it was the real deal.

Wait a second...

Almost perfect Valhalla
Nice Visuals+Man cannons + other good stuff
A Canadan! (i know)

IT ALL ADDS UP!no it doesn't
You werk fer Bungee! Or you're spying on them

Masterz1337
April 8th, 2007, 10:34 PM
=o conscars has free time? **sends him 3537835 things to do for cmt**

Looks very nice, can't wait to see it done.

OmegaDragon
April 8th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Love how its turning up! Looks exactly like the reference.

DaneO'Roo
April 8th, 2007, 10:56 PM
yep, If I know Con well enough, it'll look exactly like Valhalla when finished.

Stealth
April 8th, 2007, 11:21 PM
O.O
Crap, thanks alot con, now I'm going to be iching to play that map.

Hotrod
April 8th, 2007, 11:21 PM
That looks very nice, even though it's not very far yet. I can't wait to see this released. Keep up the good work.

Elite Killa
April 8th, 2007, 11:35 PM
Awesome! Now I'm just desperate to get Halo 2 Vista!

DaneO'Roo
April 9th, 2007, 03:51 AM
I like it, although I'm not sure where you're drawing some of your references

hes got multiple concept pictures arranged in maya so that hes pretty much created a panorama of the level. You can see all the space in the level if you arrange them properly. With halo 2 vista, it is incredibly possible to replicate the alpha version of the map exactly (from what bungie has told, Valhalla now has real grass decorators all over the ground, that move with wind and physics, and new water physics).

Spnkr
April 9th, 2007, 05:42 AM
Man, you can seriously model. I'd have to say that is one of the the nicest looking maps I've ever seen. Can't wait for a release!

EDIT: That last screen shot is... whoa. Teach me, o thy God.

Reaper Man
April 9th, 2007, 06:03 AM
Awesome stuff! Maya ftw.

PenGuin1362
April 9th, 2007, 09:05 PM
:o... -_- *gets to work on h3 stuffs for con*

JDMFSeanP
April 12th, 2007, 09:59 AM
This is total win <3

someone
April 12th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Awesome! It almost looks like the alpha version of Valhalla. Good job:)

Pred1ator
April 12th, 2007, 08:20 PM
finally! some one who wants to make a H3 map! i +rep you man!

HDoan
April 12th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Is it going to have halo 3 weapons or halo 1 weapons

Boba
April 12th, 2007, 09:44 PM
+rep

Con
April 12th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Well, since it's going to be an H2V map, I figured why not. Most of the weapons from H3 already exist in H2, so that only leaves a small amount of weapons and vehicles that need to be created. L33T and Penguin said they can help with this, which is very nice of them :)

Teroh
April 12th, 2007, 09:52 PM
That is great, man. Nice work +rep

Snowy
April 12th, 2007, 10:36 PM
This is the hawtest lookin map eva!!!!! :D

OriGinaL
April 12th, 2007, 10:54 PM
Well, since it's going to be an H2V map, I figured why not. Most of the weapons from H3 already exist in H2, so that only leaves a small amount of weapons and vehicles that need to be created. L33T and Penguin said they can help with this, which is very nice of them :)

I'll help aswell. I'm helping everyone lately :) The work is amazing man, keep that shit up.

Con
April 13th, 2007, 12:14 AM
I'll help aswell. I'm helping everyone lately :) The work is amazing man, keep that shit up.

Check your PMs :) I should make some Valhalla team sigs later

TheGhost
April 13th, 2007, 12:39 AM
The amount of attention you've put into making it match the released screenshots is amazing. Keep up the good work!

m13120
April 13th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Are you making any plans of having the man cannon in it?

Con
April 13th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Are you making any plans of having the man cannon in it?

What kinda Valhalla would it be without them? :)

LinkandKvel
April 13th, 2007, 09:08 PM
What kinda Valhalla would it be without them? :)

A Halo classic one.......actually that's not a bad idea. A version for CE when finished. All you'd have to do is replace the man cannons with teleporters. Could I help with this if I show you quality work? If not, I understand.

bleach
April 13th, 2007, 10:36 PM
ya, i agree. Plus, more usage of available vehicles. here's some rep for common sense.

Con
May 15th, 2007, 07:58 PM
BUMP

HOLY SHIT BUNGIE, I fucking love you!

http://www.bungie.net/images/News/InlineImages2007/Halo3BetaGuide/valhalla2.jpg

This overhead view will give me all the right proportions for finishing/revising the map, especially being orthographic. The project is going to go much faster now that I have this, but only once I've finished my obligations to CMT.

Once I'm done this homework, then I'll line up my BSP with theirs to see how accurate I was, and I'll post it here.

EDIT again: Their #9 should be on the outcropping BEHIND the pelican.

Hurrvish
May 15th, 2007, 08:26 PM
i can see now how valhalla is a rebuild of blood gulch

i expect some sexy results conscars!

Con
May 15th, 2007, 08:29 PM
I'm liking where they put the turret, it fits into gameplay well without being a big problem.

Stealth
May 15th, 2007, 08:36 PM
^_^
Con you're working the a great map! and with the up dates on the Valhalla, you'll have a easier time modeling it's shape and a easier time placing weapons.

soccerbummer1104
May 15th, 2007, 10:27 PM
its good so far as in the lines its taking, but i see a few random pollys here and there. I suggest you go higher polly. Atm those cliffs have almost no detail, and the detail im talking about cannot be made up with bumps and textures. don't be afraid, portaling is your friend :)

SnaFuBAR
May 15th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Con you're working the a great map! and with the up dates on the Valhalla.
What the hell did you say?:confused:

SMASH
May 15th, 2007, 11:25 PM
What the hell did you say?:confused:

I was thinking the same thing.

bleach
May 15th, 2007, 11:38 PM
so this map is still being done right? can we see some more pics? i love em. My favorite halo 3 map right now is valhalla.

Con
May 15th, 2007, 11:43 PM
its good so far as in the lines its taking, but i see a few random pollys here and there. I suggest you go higher polly. Atm those cliffs have almost no detail, and the detail im talking about cannot be made up with bumps and textures. don't be afraid, portaling is your friend :)

I purposely chose to model it low-poly until I was finished the general shape. The reason was that I had no completly accurate reference images to work from until today. I don't want to waste time and effort modeling in details when it could be all wrong. Don't mind the random poly's, they're 'artifacts' of my deleting rampage when I discovered a bunch of stuff was wrong. I was discussing my modeling method with Phopo on AIM, and I have come to the conclusion that it should not be used unless your reference point has more than 1 axis that you can use to align with your reference images. Valhalla is a bad map for this. The terrain is very ambiguous, I don't know anything for sure about it's shape and angles. I chose the bases as a reference point because they were the only things in the map that had straight lines and definite angles. The problem is, my base still ended up inaccurate from the lack of proper reference images from it. Besides modeling a map from an inaccurate reference object, the base itself does not extend along many axis except for the vertical one. This doesn't help me at all. To like up my cameras with it to model from, they need to be aligned to the base's rotation. It's hard to tell if your image in the background lines up with the base model because it doesn't extend close enough to the camera. This has lead to the map ending up a bit warped. I do not reccomend this method to anyone who wants to model an OUTDOOR map. Camera-triangulation modeling is great for any map that has perfect angles and flat surfaces to reference, but not outdoor ones where the base is all that you have. That being said, I have the layout comparison below.

(click to enlarge)
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/8216/accuracyeb1.jpg

As you can see, some parts of the map ended up quite accurate while others did not.

By the way, does anyone know how I'm going to get grass, stone, AND snow detail maps into my ground bitmap? Or is there something in H2 that will let me do that.

edit: thought of a solution already; since these 3 surfaces don't all meet together anywhere, I can just have 2 ground bitmaps. One will have grass/stone for the center, the other can have grass/snow for the edges/cliffs.

DaneO'Roo
May 15th, 2007, 11:51 PM
:D close enough, for perspective images, I say. Can't wait for this to be 60 percent :D

and soccerbummer, in halo 2 vista, Bumps CAN make the cliffs look hi poly. Through halo 2's fully dynamic lighting and normal maps, you can get it within reason to look almost exactly the same as bungies, had you painted exact textures, and got deep enough normal maps. Thing is, they'd have to be really big giant hi res textures. He's got the general shape down, so yeah, I think with the combination of smoothing groups and wicked normal maps, He can get it looking kick ass.

Also Portalling doesn't work too well on maps that are this open. It just wouldn't work, so I think modelling low poly, and letting the material do the talking like bungie do, is a good move. If thats what con is planning, anyway. Frankly, I'd like to keep my fps nice and high :) Do whatever ya want con.

Btw, you making textures for it yet? CAN I HELP PLOX :?

Con
May 15th, 2007, 11:53 PM
:D and soccerbummer, in halo 2 vista, Bumps CAN make the cliffs look hi poly. Through halo 2's fully dynamic lighting and normal maps, you can get it within reason to look almost exactly the same as bungies, had you painted exat textures. He's got the general shape down.

Also Portalling doesn't work too well on maps that are this open. It just wouldn't work, so I think modelling low poly, and letting the material do the talking like bungie do, is a good move. If thats what con is planning, anyway. Frankly, I'd like to keep my fps nice and high :) Do whatever ya want con.

Btw, you making textures for it yet? CAN I HELP PLOX :?

I was planning on doing the BSP textures myself, but since you're in H3V there's other things that you can work on >_> Random is going to need High Ground BSP textures.

Stealth
May 15th, 2007, 11:58 PM
>.>
fixed, I thought I had more, but maybe not.

Con
May 16th, 2007, 12:03 AM
About the portalling, I don't think theres any place that CAN be portalled that well, not even the caves. As seen in the beta, the caves are more like gaps behind boulders leaning against the cliff.

EDIT: Mind you, h2 doesn't need traditional portalling, though, does it? Someone told me once that it does it's own masking.

demonmaster3k
May 16th, 2007, 05:23 AM
it's the pwnage conscars (looks like fun to play)

Limited
May 16th, 2007, 06:30 AM
I'm pretty sure valhalla will be my fav map of halo 3, as its closely based on BG (the openess/a few hills) This and highground are probably best maps for halo 3 :D

Cant wait to play!

{MMT} Pope
May 16th, 2007, 08:49 AM
you make my jaw drop because of the amazing work and patients you put in thins project..i love the bases, and how you got everything exact..well to my eyes you did. Keep up the work.

soccerbummer1104
May 17th, 2007, 02:38 PM
I purposely chose to model it low-poly until I was finished the general shape. The reason was that I had no completly accurate reference images to work from until today. I don't want to waste time and effort modeling in details when it could be all wrong. Don't mind the random poly's, they're 'artifacts' of my deleting rampage when I discovered a bunch of stuff was wrong. I was discussing my modeling method with Phopo on AIM, and I have come to the conclusion that it should not be used unless your reference point has more than 1 axis that you can use to align with your reference images. Valhalla is a bad map for this. The terrain is very ambiguous, I don't know anything for sure about it's shape and angles. I chose the bases as a reference point because they were the only things in the map that had straight lines and definite angles. The problem is, my base still ended up inaccurate from the lack of proper reference images from it. Besides modeling a map from an inaccurate reference object, the base itself does not extend along many axis except for the vertical one. This doesn't help me at all. To like up my cameras with it to model from, they need to be aligned to the base's rotation. It's hard to tell if your image in the background lines up with the base model because it doesn't extend close enough to the camera. This has lead to the map ending up a bit warped. I do not reccomend this method to anyone who wants to model an OUTDOOR map. Camera-triangulation modeling is great for any map that has perfect angles and flat surfaces to reference, but not outdoor ones where the base is all that you have. That being said, I have the layout comparison below.

(click to enlarge)
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/8216/accuracyeb1.jpg

As you can see, some parts of the map ended up quite accurate while others did not.

By the way, does anyone know how I'm going to get grass, stone, AND snow detail maps into my ground bitmap? Or is there something in H2 that will let me do that.

edit: thought of a solution already; since these 3 surfaces don't all meet together anywhere, I can just have 2 ground bitmaps. One will have grass/stone for the center, the other can have grass/snow for the edges/cliffs.
personally with outdoor maps when i have an over head shot like that, i make a plane, put the image on it
scale it to what i want
put it at the origin
and then i go to the top view and create a bunch of vertices's outlining the polygons and different geometry that i need, then i connect everything (create polygons between the verts, you need to use triangle creation for this.)and move the groups of polygons up or down to do the elevation changes. It takes some practice to get the technique to work right, and youl learn a good bit about how to place verts for certain outcomes pretty quick. :) hope that helps a lil.

here is an example that i did real quick for what im talking about. some areas you will create polygons, and others, you leave strips of them not made, then make the elevation changes and connect the gaps with more geometry ( think you may understand. a good example is the semi tiered rock on the north side of the stream in the middle
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/5343/valhalayr0.jpg

{MMT} Pope
May 17th, 2007, 03:46 PM
I like your tactic alot soccerbummer its very useful

Con
May 17th, 2007, 08:46 PM
If I had an overhead shot at the time, I would have done it differently (not exactly in the same way as yourself), but modeling from an overhead is definitely much easier. What I'm going to do now is just move around my vertices to match up, then adjust the vertical position with my existing cameras. The rest of the terrain I basicly build up using poly split and moving verts. I know some people prefer plane modeling and extruding edges, but I use what works for me. I sometimes use other methods where they work well, like the beach behind the base. I just selected a few edges and extruded them around in a curve to make it faster, then merged some verts to chop poly count.

I think one of the reasons I like my poly splitting/moving method as opposed to your vert placement is that I can easily control my level of detail, and I can place edges and define surfaces as I go, instead of once I've finished placing points everywhere. It's more like scultping something from a block. Jahrain prefers this style as well.

soccerbummer1104
May 17th, 2007, 09:09 PM
jw, is that cut polly under edit mesh or edit polly?

Con
May 17th, 2007, 09:21 PM
jw, is that cut polly under edit mesh or edit polly?

I use maya

soccerbummer1104
May 17th, 2007, 09:23 PM
ahh, :) it confuses me, but ive seen some ppl use it, and i think i remember the tool your talking about. very nifty, but max has something very similar.

{MMT} Pope
May 19th, 2007, 02:05 AM
does maya have a jms exporter to export models?

Con
May 19th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Not at the moment, but Ghost hinted that he was working on one. That was a long time ago, and I've heard nothing of it since. Maybe he's creating the exporter for H2V. At the moment, I model the map in Maya, export as .obj, and import in 3DS Max. There I do the material set-up, texturing/UVing, and the .jms export.

{MMT} Pope
May 19th, 2007, 12:22 PM
well i guess you can do that too.

Con
May 19th, 2007, 07:29 PM
It's nowhere done being modeled, I wouldn't have it ingame by now.

{MMT} Pope
May 19th, 2007, 11:56 PM
taking your time = good maps.

ShadowCloud
May 20th, 2007, 08:38 AM
can it go on halo ce also or not

Stealth
May 20th, 2007, 09:43 AM
can it go on halo ce also or not
Here is a great tip, read first post, it helps

Yes, that's right- This is going to be an H2V exclusive map. Simply put, it's just better that way. I can have man-cannons, H2 weapons, nicer visuals, and lots of other nifty things.

keilg2
May 20th, 2007, 08:12 PM
damn i would love it if someone made a high ground for halo ce

BobtheGreatII
May 20th, 2007, 08:15 PM
^That would take soo much work. It has a lot of detail to it.

Katana
May 20th, 2007, 08:43 PM
I beg you to keep classic weapons. There really is no point in having shitty weapon mods when Halo 1 weapons deserve to be un-touched.

Good luck.

Con
May 20th, 2007, 08:49 PM
I beg you to keep classic weapons. There really is no point in having shitty weapon mods when Halo 1 weapons deserve to be un-touched.

Good luck.

Who said anything about Halo 1?

BobtheGreatII
May 20th, 2007, 09:30 PM
^Gasp. Can't wait to see some progress!

Stealth
May 20th, 2007, 10:27 PM

Good luck.

Yes, that's right- This is going to be an H2V exclusive map. Simply put, it's just better that way. I can have man-cannons, H2 weapons, nicer visuals, and lots of other nifty things.

Don't you new guys ever read the first post any more?:mad:

Who said anything about Halo 1?
Ya, last time I checked, your Valhalla is for H2V only.

blazedelite
May 20th, 2007, 10:59 PM
wow nice job it looks exactly like the beta

Hotrod
May 21st, 2007, 01:19 PM
That's because they are pics form the Beta... except the first post.

Con
July 13th, 2007, 12:41 AM
Update 2007-07-12

I've been working hard on the bases to get them even more detailed and accurate then before. Every aspect of them has received an overhaul to look more like the H3 bases. I included the old base in this first picture for a comparison. Please note that the revamped bases are not finished yet, I still have to do the doorways, the interior, and finalizing the man-cannons plus the rear tower.

http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/4109/newfronthz6.png
...............................new^ :hurr:............................................ .......old ^
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/3367/newbackxe9.png

Flyboy
July 13th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Can I have your babies?

Con
July 13th, 2007, 12:51 AM
they're 20 bucks a pound

Reaper Man
July 13th, 2007, 12:51 AM
Awesome-o

xExus
July 13th, 2007, 02:34 AM
I like to put my reaction this way:

OMG 1tz tEH c00l map FrFOM HAJLO 3 BEJTA OMG I CNAT w8 2 pl4Y Thi1s ON3 ZOMG!!!!1111oneonetwo

spookers622
July 13th, 2007, 07:03 AM
o that maps SSOOO much fun; i played it in beta. when do you think youll be done?

Con
July 13th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Can't say specifically at the moment.

The Last Peanut
July 13th, 2007, 10:03 AM
wOW LOOKS GREAT MAN

Con
July 13th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Welcome to the forums, make sure to read the forum rules found at the top of each section. Please >_>

fatso784
July 13th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Wow Conscars you're a n00b magnet.

BobtheGreatII
July 13th, 2007, 12:17 PM
they're 20 bucks a pound

Rofl, nice work man, keep it up.

stunt_man
July 13th, 2007, 03:41 PM
You rock. Shit, I can't wait to get my paws on H2V!

Pooky
July 13th, 2007, 05:56 PM
Don'y you new guys ever read the first post any more?:mad:

IRONY

Update 2007-07-12

: pics:

MrUncool
July 13th, 2007, 07:21 PM
I don't think I read very carefully, or maybe I just missed it, but...

This is just going to include the standard Halo 2 weaponset right? First post looks like it'll include Halo 3 stuff...but...

Good job, beautiful map so far.

Gamerkd16
July 14th, 2007, 01:52 AM
Wow that looks good. I've always wondered. Where is the option to see the amount of verticies and polygons you have in your model?

These new skins are awesome too.

et_cg
July 14th, 2007, 01:58 AM
Wow that looks good. I've always wondered. Where is the option to see the amount of verticies and polygons you have in your model?

These new skins are awesome too.

Answer: He's using Maya.

Tip: Talk about the forum update elsewhere.

Great job so far Conscars.

bleach
July 14th, 2007, 02:02 AM
Those bases look :o Too bad there won't be a Valhalla for Halo CE.:(

Pooky
July 14th, 2007, 02:33 AM
a short little grav lift is pretty different from a man cannon, but I don't see why it wouldn't work with classic grav lift technique. I mean, unlike grav lifts, all the man cannons need to do is rocket you to an ambiguous location somewhere in the middle of the map, there's no precision.

k4is3rxkh40s
July 14th, 2007, 02:44 AM
a short little grav lift is pretty different from a man cannon, but I don't see why it wouldn't work with classic grav lift technique. I mean, unlike grav lifts, all the man cannons need to do is rocket you to an ambiguous location somewhere in the middle of the map, there's no precision.

It just wouldnt look very nice though, just look at even turning super jump on, the people kinda warp around in the air, so it would most likely look like that

Pooky
July 14th, 2007, 02:48 AM
It might not look nice, but it's certainly not a limitation

Bodzilla
July 14th, 2007, 08:42 AM
i'm affraid sxcness is allways a limitation :(

Arteen
July 14th, 2007, 09:11 AM
It might not look nice, but it's certainly not a limitation
It's horribly messy and just not fun, so it is a limitation. Why not just use teleporters instead? They're adequate.

Syuusuke
July 14th, 2007, 09:20 AM
Besides, the gravlift for Zteam's would have you detach camera in a closed space. In Valhalla, you're being sent out in an open area and usually you would want to shoot people while you're in midair (or the other way around =P) so doing that same method wouldn't be useful.

demonmaster3k
July 14th, 2007, 09:25 AM
it matches the references exactly!
that's impressive!

Con
July 14th, 2007, 11:22 AM
If I were to make this a CE project as well, I would most likely use teleporters like Arteen suggested. It wouldn't affect gameplay that much. I'll consider releasing a classic version for CE. It wouldn't take that much effort once everything is all UV'd and the materials set up. I need to make custom scenery as well though.

Sever
July 14th, 2007, 12:32 PM
If you do a HCE version, I would suggest to try and make it look like it belongs. Maybe you could use some preexisting textures and scenery, such as from BG and the like.

Pooky
July 14th, 2007, 12:49 PM
It's horribly messy and just not fun, so it is a limitation. Why not just use teleporters instead? They're adequate.

Why not? There's no reason not to. That wasn't even my point. They said man cannons just couldn't work, where they clearly could.

Con
July 14th, 2007, 01:23 PM
If you do a HCE version, I would suggest to try and make it look like it belongs. Maybe you could use some preexisting textures and scenery, such as from BG and the like.
IMO that would just ruin the look of the map.

Why not? There's no reason not to. That wasn't even my point. They said man cannons just couldn't work, where they clearly could.
leet's gonna show me his CE grav lifts that supposedly dont lag

bleach
July 14th, 2007, 03:14 PM
So there will be a Valhalla for Halo CE? I hope it has Halo 3 Contents like the vehicles and weapons! +REP

Bastinka
July 14th, 2007, 03:28 PM
No, if you read the first post it says H2V Exclusive Map so I doubt conscars will release it in CE.

Con
July 14th, 2007, 04:36 PM
I'm considering doing a classic version on CE until we can get new content into H2V.

Skyline
July 14th, 2007, 04:47 PM
We can get custom content into maps :V.

Con
July 14th, 2007, 06:21 PM
No, it would be all classic if this map came to CE. Classic is ftw, ya know.

fatso784
July 14th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Naw BR in CE still isn't what it is in halo 2, and having halo 2 weapons in a halo 1 game just doesn't do it for me. I'd like to play halo 1 when I'm playing Halo 1, and Halo 2 when I'm playing Halo 2.

Aerowyn
July 14th, 2007, 08:53 PM
leet's gonna show me his CE grav lifts that supposedly dont lag

Projectiles.

Bodzilla
July 14th, 2007, 09:37 PM
wasnt there some discussion on making a man cannon projection like an animation rather then like a grav lift?
it was talked about ages ago at Gearbox, did anything come of it?

Con
July 14th, 2007, 09:42 PM
Yeah, I suggested the idea a long time ago. It's probably more work than it's worth, and it doesn't give the desired effect.

Bodzilla
July 14th, 2007, 09:46 PM
yeah u could be right there. :smith:

did anyone get a beta of it in-game or was the idea just dissmissed as being a pain in the ass and not worth the effort?

Con
July 14th, 2007, 09:47 PM
yeah, pretty much. You wouldn't be able to shoot when in the air, only 1 person could use it at a time, and you would have to press E to "get out" once you had landed.

edit: scratch that, you probably would be able to shoot while in the air. If you get into a tank, you can start driving and shooting before even in the seat.

Archon23
July 14th, 2007, 11:45 PM
Using that method wouldn't you be able to get out in midair? Or am I completely Off?

Con
July 15th, 2007, 12:06 AM
You would have an invisible vehicle with the entry point at the start of the lift, and the actual seat at the end. The vehicle entry animation would be you flying through the air; you wouldn't be able to get out unless you were at the end.

Archon23
July 15th, 2007, 12:32 AM
I see. I would suggest that the vehicle be destroyed at the point where you actually enter but it seems this idea has been already scrapped >>. Not to mention the probable "Press E to use Mancannon"

Stealth
July 15th, 2007, 12:43 AM
That idea would kill game play. I say make the mancannon for H2V and for Halo Ce make it a teleporter, and maybe you can some how make it so it sends you to random points of exit, that'd be fun, and it'd help with people camping on the teleports with vehicles.

Reaper Man
July 15th, 2007, 12:52 AM
That idea would kill game play. I say make the mancannon for H2V and for Halo Ce make it a teleporter, and maybe you can some how make it so it sends you to random points of exit, that'd be fun, and it'd help with people camping on the teleports with vehicles.
Wtc, no.

Lightning
July 15th, 2007, 01:35 AM
Device Machine.

You enter the area around it, it starts spawning invisible, non damaging projectiles. These projectiles force you in the direction the lift is facing.

That's like... almost lagfree tbh, and it works great as long as it's only active for a short amount of time.

Else it clogs the netcode (Chronopolis beta, anyone?)

Timo
July 15th, 2007, 03:36 AM
It was taken out before it was released to the public because everyone lagged out after around 5 minutes of the server being set up. :P

Skyline
July 15th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Didn't Lolcano have something that spat the player out if he died in the lava?

Pooky
July 15th, 2007, 10:55 AM
yeah but you would be dead, and dead bodies don't sync so it wouldn't even be a problem

Skyline
July 15th, 2007, 10:57 AM
If they didn't sync then it would be a problem :/.

Pooky
July 15th, 2007, 10:57 AM
no, I'm saying lolcano does the same shit afaik as grav lifts have for years, but syncing wasn't a problem because anyone going flying would be dead

Con
July 15th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Not if you removed fall damage.

Dole
July 15th, 2007, 11:04 PM
You died in the lava before you were launched.

Con
July 15th, 2007, 11:12 PM
Wait...there was a lift in lolcano? >_>

Tweek
July 15th, 2007, 11:34 PM
no, you fell in the lava, you DIE, and got set on fire, and blasted out of the lava. only to have your flaming dead body crash onto some piece of ground, or back into the lava.

although i DO remember there being some fire damage if you walked over a flaming corpse, but i'm not sure, could be wrong.

Con
July 15th, 2007, 11:39 PM
Oh, I remember that now! Too bad I never got to play it with many people.

spookers622
July 19th, 2007, 09:55 AM
are you gonna use normal maps?

wannabeapilot
August 22nd, 2007, 05:30 PM
so hows the map coming along?

CodeBrain
August 22nd, 2007, 05:32 PM
Please look at the last date a post was last made. You just made a month bump.

wannabeapilot
August 22nd, 2007, 06:33 PM
Please look at the last date a post was last made. You just made a month bump.

because i wanted to see if conscars had any news on how the map was coming along ,i dont see the problem:confused2:

Elite Killa
August 22nd, 2007, 06:39 PM
because i wanted to see if conscars had any news on how the map was coming along ,i dont see the problem:confused2:
It's a MAJOR problem, buddy. Most people have ignored this topic that should be left alone until the creator of the thread (which is Conscars) happens to have a major update on the map. On the other hand, it was opened by a person who has no idea what's going on.

Con
August 23rd, 2007, 09:17 PM
No updates. I'll have some later.

wannabeapilot
August 23rd, 2007, 10:51 PM
No updates. I'll have some later.

awesome! :D

Con
August 23rd, 2007, 11:50 PM
It's a MAJOR problem, buddy. Most people have ignored this topic that should be left alone until the creator of the thread (which is Conscars) happens to have a major update on the map. On the other hand, it was opened by a person who has no idea what's going on.
I wouldn't call it a major problem, and in the end you're not the one to decide what's right and wrong in my topic. He just wanted to know what was going on. It wasn't an offtopic bump.

Teroh
August 24th, 2007, 12:41 AM
Hot.

Rosco
August 24th, 2007, 08:03 AM

Holy shit having faith in a project coming from a well known community member is against the law? I think it would be flattering for con to know people still want this to come out, and still show interest. :cool:

Pooky
August 24th, 2007, 08:59 AM
It's later :saddowns:

Con
August 24th, 2007, 10:01 AM
moar later I meant.

Echo 418
August 28th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Wow! Good Idea!

I want to say you good luck and!

Did you need any beta testers?:D

SMASH
August 28th, 2007, 03:39 PM
:eyesroll: When will people STOP bumping old topics

Roostervier
August 28th, 2007, 03:43 PM
When will people STOP asking to beta? :X

hobojoe
August 28th, 2007, 03:55 PM
lol

Bastinka
August 28th, 2007, 03:57 PM
..beta? :X
Yes please. :)

Can't wait for ScarsCon to finish this, it'll be ace!

Con
August 28th, 2007, 03:59 PM
when it gets to beta stage, only a few people will be getting it. Don't ask for a beta.

Superman
August 28th, 2007, 04:02 PM
how far have u gotten since ur last images?

Snowy
August 28th, 2007, 05:57 PM
I'm assuming this map is going to be released When it's done, correct Conscars?

Echo 418
August 29th, 2007, 03:22 PM
:eyesroll: When will people STOP bumping old topics

Uh... its not so old... last message on 24 august and i post on 23... but anyways... i dont want to start anything:eyesroll:

And ok... for the beta... i will not ask for it next time:rolleyes:

SMASH
August 29th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Uh... its not so old... last message on 24 august and i post on 23... but anyways... i dont want to start anything:eyesroll:

And ok... for the beta... i will not ask for it next time:rolleyes:

Correction, you posted on the 28th, how can you post before the previous post >.<. A couple day old thread is pretty old, and Con will update us when he's ready, stop asking for updates or beta tests.

Zeph
August 30th, 2007, 08:44 PM
Enough of the bickering about bumps and such. Bitching about it doesn't help, you know :p. Talking about the project is fine, so dont worry about bumping if it's about that. I'm looking forward to it myself.

spartan463
August 30th, 2007, 10:13 PM
keep up the good work

DemonSnipe03
August 31st, 2007, 01:05 AM
FINISH IT FINISH IT FINISH IT! nice job on the textures, looks exactly like the Halo 3 map, amazing

hobojoe
August 31st, 2007, 10:50 AM
Very well done

xExus
August 31st, 2007, 12:21 PM
Yeah.. there is no need to post and encourage him since he already said he would make a bump when the map's ready. And Conscars is working on a another map know..

Con
August 31st, 2007, 12:54 PM
FINISH IT FINISH IT FINISH IT

Clean up; aisle http://www.h2vista.net/forums/member.php?u=1812

Stealth
August 31st, 2007, 06:41 PM
yea, I think this one needs the strong stuff.
*goes to get a mop and some degracer(SP?)*

Reaper Man
August 31st, 2007, 09:24 PM
when it gets to beta stage, only a few people will be getting it. Don't ask for a beta.
Like your ol' buddy Reaper Man, who is also a fellow Maya user? :awesome:
Lul. I make joke :borat:

Syuusuke
August 31st, 2007, 09:50 PM
Bad joke. =D

Well I won't ask for beta, I'll DEMAND for beta. And pictures.

Stealth
August 31st, 2007, 10:56 PM
syuusuke and Reaper man should get betas, I don't want to beta this one, why beta it when I'm just going to get it when it's done, that or by the time it is out, I'll already have Halo 3, and an xbox 360, so I could care less.

Con
September 1st, 2007, 12:38 AM
Can you guys stop bumping this topic, or am I going to have to lock it?

September 1st, 2007, 08:51 AM
why would you lock a topic just because some people are curious about the progress

Snowy
September 1st, 2007, 08:56 AM
why would you lock a topic just because some people are curious about the progress

Maybe because there is no progress? I think he established that earlier, if I'm not mistaken. Along with "I'll update it on the first post".

September 15th, 2007, 02:50 PM
lets see is it done no of course not just like spv2

Skyline
September 15th, 2007, 02:57 PM
lets see is it done no of course not just like spv2
I lol'd. First of all he is working on another map called frostbite [was nightfall] and there haven't been any recent pictures from bungie so maybe they changed the entire level since the beta, I've seen one picture maybe of the wall being changed. How does spv2 have anything to do with this btw?

Also, don't bump.

September 15th, 2007, 03:34 PM
warning noob post
everything takes forever here

Flyboy
September 15th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Stop bumping.

Hotrod
September 15th, 2007, 05:46 PM
warning noob post

If it's such a noob post, then why did you post it? Also, saying that everything takes forever here is just a matter of opinion.

Skyline
September 15th, 2007, 05:59 PM
warning noob post
What do you mean here?

Anyways, if you do need help, I will be willing to but I use max.

Also, finish Forstbite/nightfall :v.

demonmaster3k
September 15th, 2007, 07:44 PM
not like taking forever's a bad thing. anything worth making's going to take a while and i don't mean to get rude, but i hate it when people bitch about things taking a long time. everybody has their own pace of working and some people even have lives outside of these forums and outside of halo (yes i said it). so don't get your panties in a bunch and wait like the rest of us, better yet, stop giving these esteemed members of the halo community such hell because they take so long and find something else to do in the meantime.

Con
September 15th, 2007, 08:27 PM
For fucks sake, don't bump old topics especially if you're going to post like that. I'll update when I have something to show. No more posts please.

Con
September 15th, 2007, 09:35 PM
then lock it :|

I saw you posted and was like OMFG :^DDD
:saddowns:
Good idea, because even you can't resist posting after I specifically said, "no more posts please."