PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy is awesome.

Llama Juice
August 7th, 2009, 04:50 PM
http://image.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/bestbuy(9).jpg

klange
August 7th, 2009, 04:51 PM
You do realize this means they're not selling games well, right?

Llama Juice
August 7th, 2009, 04:52 PM
You do realize this will boost their sales, right? :3

klange
August 7th, 2009, 04:58 PM
You do realize this will boost their sales, right? :3
That would be the entire point of such an endeavor, good sir.

Wakeboy1337
August 7th, 2009, 05:44 PM
In b4 another user. Also when I do have the money to buy a game, it's usually from best buy because they have other things in the store are relevant to my interests. Nothing else like them around here really... :/

jcap
August 7th, 2009, 07:11 PM
That's good. I'm not a HUGE fan of Best Buy, but I despise Gamestop/EB Games. Gamestop is nothing but fucking crooks. I hope they can seriously put a dent in them. Maybe I'll look into getting some games I've put off buying...

It takes some balls to advertise it with a gigantic sign like that, though. Doing this, the most I would expect them to do is throw it in a hidden policy, but not advertise it. They must really want to stir up some competition.

RedBaron
August 7th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Yeah, Gamestop would buy a used copy of a new game for around $25-$30 from the customer then put it on their shelves for only $5 less than the original price of a new copy. Now they won't have any choice but to eliminate their original new game prices all together, and I have no idea what they can do about their prices. If they lower their used games all together, then the people can just run back to Best Buy with a photo of the price tags.

Daishi
August 7th, 2009, 07:36 PM
wow, that IS a pretty nice deal.

k4is3rxkh40s
August 7th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Yeah, Gamestop would buy a used copy of a new game for around $25-$30 from the customer then put it on their shelves for only $5 less than the original price of a new copy. Now they won't have any choice but to eliminate their original new game prices all together, and I have no idea what they can do about their prices. If they lower their used games all together, then the people can just run back to Best Buy with a photo of the price tags.

I don't know when the last time was I actually got that much for a newish game. Most I've EVER gotten from them was 15-20 dollars or so, and then that game went right back on the shelf for $45. They're even worse with older games. 20 bucks new and 18 used, but they buy it for 3 dollars. It's a bunch of bullshit. Only place worse than gamestop are pawn shops. I got offered 2 dollars for the collector's version of FFXII when it had just come out, and I had a duplicate copy as a gift from family.

English Mobster
August 7th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Oh, wow. I should really look into this.

Cojafoji
August 7th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Gamestop is nothing but fucking crooks.
Truer words have never been spoken.

Llama Juice
August 8th, 2009, 06:58 AM
That's why you sell your games on amazon/ebay

sdavis117
August 8th, 2009, 07:28 AM
There's actually a local game store around where I live that has good trade-in values. I could sell them a game, they would buy it for 5$, then sell if for $8. I could trade in a Gamecube, they would buy is for $25, and sell if for $35.

IceCube
August 8th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Uh, is this only for America? In Canada, there is EBgames/futureshop/bestbuy. :U

:(

Varmint260
August 8th, 2009, 01:37 PM
I'm pretty sure EB Games and Gamestop are the same store, though I don't know if the Canadian Best Buys are doing this, too. Next time I'm down island, I will have to check this out.

Daishi
August 8th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Gamestop owns EB Games. They are essentially the same.

Edit: On Thursday, October 6, 2008 shareholders from EB Games and Gamestop agreed to a $1.44 billion takeover deal. The deal offered $38.15 in cash as well as approximately ¾ of a share of Gamestop stock for every 1 share of EB games stock. This offer was a 34.2% premium on the $41.12 per share closing price of EB Games stock. Gamestop decided to close both EB Games newly constructed distribution center in Sadsbury, PA, as well as their International Headquarters in West Chester, PA, therefore putting more than 800 people out of jobs. Only 65 former EB Games employees were offered jobs at Gamestop’s headquarters in Grapevine, TX.

Roostervier
August 8th, 2009, 01:54 PM
oh cool no best buy within an hour of me

Advancebo
August 8th, 2009, 01:59 PM
I miss Circuit City.

TeeKup
August 8th, 2009, 02:20 PM
I miss Circuit City.

This. A thousand times this.

Horns
August 8th, 2009, 02:59 PM
This. A thousand times this.

I miss that last week of Circuit City going out of business. Got some awesome deals.

cheezdue
August 8th, 2009, 03:21 PM
Damn I just went to best buy yesterday. :(