PDA

View Full Version : So just got the map making tools.

Rook
August 8th, 2009, 03:06 AM
Only a little late into the game heh, I tried map making at the age of 13-14 and got easily bored before I got anywhere.

so HEK is installed and getting 3ds max 8 right now, mainly what are the best tuts to watch, and is there any additional tools I should have?

ThePlague
August 8th, 2009, 03:13 AM
HEK+
GBX Model Importer
Blitzkreig
If you want, hacked guerilla/sapien
Patience

Ganon
August 8th, 2009, 04:17 AM
Well your probably going to need a reference model of masta chef so you can scale your maps like a CPL pro. I don't know of any good tutorials that I can recommend, from what I've seen they are all pretty horrible... (not to mention half of the ones on halomaps don't always correctly show you how to get a working product) When you first start out you might get frustrated, but that is to be expected. Once you learn what open edges are (the noobs worst enemy) and graduate from box modeling, if you mess around with with things, you'll be able to teach yourself quite a bit. To learn more advanced modeling techniques, there are tutorials out there, a simple google search should give you some descent ones. Besides modeling a map, population and tagging is relatively simple. gl fag :downs:

Kalub
August 8th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Yea, I never did that whole thing with scaling, I just made a plane and extruded it 70. It worked out about the same I'd say.

Llama Juice
August 8th, 2009, 06:52 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0672328046/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

:3 lol