PDA

View Full Version : About the site news...

Inferno
August 9th, 2009, 01:14 PM
How come you guys post news about thing like sales on steam but don't post news when a member releases something cool on the site or when a cool thread with awesome pictures of a new map come up?

Eh?

Sel
August 9th, 2009, 01:16 PM
uh,

did you not notice the CMT SPv2 pre-release?

or are you just butthurt that your stuff is too shitty to tell people about :downs:

jcap
August 9th, 2009, 01:51 PM
You can submit your own well written news posts...

They just have to meet the criteria in that forum's announcement.

Inferno
August 9th, 2009, 03:13 PM
SPV2 is the only one I've ever seen. That's sort of what brought it to my attention.

Also I haven't released anything recently sel. :raise:

p0lar_bear
August 9th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Yes, people, if you feel you have something newsworthy, read the guidelines in the News forum and submit something by making a new thread; it will be placed in the moderation queue. If we feel it's also newsworthy and well-written, we'll approve it.

StankBacon
August 9th, 2009, 04:42 PM
having only one news item at a time on the front page seems kinda silly to me..

TheGhost
August 9th, 2009, 05:18 PM
It's supposed to be three. I'm not sure who changed it...

And yes, if you have news, just make a thread, it's pretty easy.

p0lar_bear
August 9th, 2009, 06:18 PM
I had changed it to one item due to the album modules.

StankBacon
August 9th, 2009, 07:44 PM
change it back to 3 :(

Syuusuke
August 9th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Can't you move two of the three album features to the sides, that should make room.

TheGhost
August 9th, 2009, 10:51 PM
tbh i'm not sure I see the point of the "recent upload" category

jcap
August 9th, 2009, 11:05 PM
I actually find the recent uploads entertaining...

TheGhost
August 9th, 2009, 11:33 PM
well I mean in conjunction with the random. In both you're basically getting random pics

legionaire45
August 10th, 2009, 01:27 AM
Move random somewhere else and keep the recent one of the front page? I kind of like seeing recent stuff in order as well.

That, and featured gallery - maybe change that more often? I think it's been Hunter's for like, a month. Lol.

p0lar_bear
August 10th, 2009, 12:07 PM
well I mean in conjunction with the random. In both you're basically getting random pics

Well no, we feature the three most recent uploads, and then pick things at random. The subject matters may be completely random, but the point is to get the new stuff exposure, and to let anyone else who's submitted have a chance to get exposure at random.

TheGhost
August 10th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Right, I understand, I'm just saying three layers of images in a row makes their distinction less clear.

Donut
August 12th, 2009, 04:44 PM
hmm front page is now interesting. the new layout seems more compact , and i do like it, but it took me a few seconds to find the recent posts box. is there any way to put it back on the right?

p0lar_bear
August 13th, 2009, 12:42 AM
I was looking for a layout that would keep all three content columns as evenly-sized as i could, and that's the best I could come up with.

Sever
August 13th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Left: Top Contributors > Current Poll > One of the two album displays

Right: Site Navigation > Search Forums > recent Threads > The other of the two album displays

Do that.

Bodzilla
August 13th, 2009, 02:11 AM
Tbh it was more then fine how it was before.

just have 2 news articles and you already got rid of the featured album.
Random and latest stay.
Was easy and quick to read, gave ya all the info ya wanted and looked good.

atm it just looks like you tried to ram a heap of shit in and ran outta room.

Corndogman
August 13th, 2009, 04:38 PM
I agree with bod. Having everything vertical is not pleasant, and it looks kinda cluttered. Not to mention there's a big empty space at the bottom in the middle now, that can be filled with something.

Jelly
August 16th, 2009, 05:48 AM
Modacity has a front page?

Syuusuke
August 16th, 2009, 11:15 AM
yes, at www.modacity.net

Also you can press those nifty little arrows at the top left corner to hide them if you find them cluttered, but if you still want to seem them, well, blegh.

CN3089
August 16th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Modacity has a front page?

lol hope u got :tenbux: