PDA

View Full Version : So I found this Zombie MMo....

Alwin Roth
August 9th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Well, I was in some desperate need to play some kind of Zombie shooting game, My computer can't run L4d, or that Half Life 2 zombie source game...

So eventually i stumbled upon a "top view" flash game, that has mutliplayer, called Dead Frontier, which has about 1000 Players average
making a maximum of 6 players per room,
http://loot-ninja.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/dead-frontier-screen-2-500x312.jpg
The map is the same from every server you join, sorta of like selecting worlds in Runescape.

There's also three qualities you can choose:
low, medium and high
If selected Low, it turns the darkness off giving the "daytime" feeling
If selected medium it's only light around your character
If selected High, it's the same as medium but you got this flashlight wherever you point.

So what you do is first you create an Account, then selecting your class each having some kind of special ability:

-Police man: starts out with pistol, has +20 accuracy
-Lawyer: +30% exp starts with extra $100
-Doctor: Can heal more with medkits, etc.
-Engineer: can fix armour, etc.
-Fireman: +20 melee

and many more, like boxer, athlete, military soldier, etc.

Then you first start at the base, also known as the outpost, then from there you can either, get missions which give good cash/exp, buy weapons/armour/food/health, go to the forums, etc.

When in the city you either can loot, do your missions, or kill zombies just to level up, the higher your level the better weapons you can get, or skills, such as your characters speed.

Currently it's a beta, but it's working fine with me so far, and just letting you guys know about it.

Pyong Kawaguchi
August 9th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Tbh, this is kinda old, but w/e, I won't play it, I don't like top view shooters.

p0lar_bear
August 9th, 2009, 03:19 PM
I've played this with a couple friends for a while. Going on suicide aggro runs for experience is fun, even if usually not a good idea. :v:

My major gripes about it currently are how clunky the site navigation is (e.g. INVENTORY FFFFFFFFFFFFFF) and how out-of-sync multiplayer can get.

Alwin Roth
August 9th, 2009, 07:30 PM
The version there is right now is a beta, they trying to make it so there's an inventory ingame, and perhaps update the map.

They said the real game wil be released before christmas...

And i would be playing left 4 dead... but... Crappy ass laptop...